Considering the fact Hawaii aims to provide its residents with excellent medical service, qualified medical workers are in great demand here.
The Hawaii Board of Nursing has absolutely high standards of education.
It means that each licensed medical specialist in the state performs their job perfect.
Nevertheless, the shortage of nurses grows constantly and the number of job offers will be increasing in the nearest future.
That’s why the state offers great career options for nurses to attract new workers.
There is a bunch of LPN training courses within the state.
It means that you have lots of options to choose from.
To make it easier, we’ve prepared for you a list of the best LPN training courses in Hawaii.
Also, in this article, you can find a bunch of useful info including the licensing process and career outlook.
Article Table of Contents
- 1 Best LPN Training Programs in Hawaii
- 2 LPN License in Hawaii
- 3 Average LPN Salary in Hawaii
- 4 LPN Job Outlook in Hawaii
Best LPN Training Programs in Hawaii
Here you can find the top training programs for LPNs in Hawaii.
Also, there is their contact info of the schools.
|Kapi‘olani Community College||4303 Diamond Head Road, Honolulu, Hawaii 96816||808.734.9000|
|University of Hawaii – Maui College||310 West Kaahumanu Avenue, Kahului, Hawaii 96732-1617||808.984.3500|
|Kaua´i Community College||3-1901 Kaumualii Highway, Lihue, Hawaii 96766||808.245.8225|
|Hawai’i Community College||1175 Manono Street, Hilo, Hawaii 96720-5096||808.934.2500|
LPN License in Hawaii
LPN Licensing Requirements in Hawaii
As soon as you’ve completed your LPN training, you are obliged to get your license right after training completion.
You can get it through examination applying for the National Council Licensure Examination for Practical Nurses (NCLEX-PN).
After completing the exam and providing your requisites, you can get your license.
Keep in mind that Hawaii is not a part of NCL so all applicants are obliged to apply for a license.
LPN License Examination in Hawaii
If you’ve decided to apply for the licensure by examination in Hawaii, you should complete some steps.
First of all, you need to complete your application form thoroughly and submit it to the Hawaii Board of Nursing.
Also, there is a bunch of other papers that should be submitted.
To get your LPN license, you need to follow some steps that include:
- the application form completion including your original signature;
- education proofs and the fee procession;
- an official final transcript submission;
- successful completion of a nursing program equivalent to the United States nursing education and language test (for foreigners);
- picture identification and date of birth proof submission;
- social security number submission;
- application fee payment.
LPN Endorsement Licensure in Hawaii
In case you got your training and started your career in other state but want to continue it in Hawaii, you are obliged to apply for licensure by endorsement.
The whole process includes such steps as:
- complete one of the following exams;
- National Council Licensure Examination for Practical Nurses (NCLEX-PN);
- State Board Test Pool Exam (SBTPE) ;
- A state board constructed exam;
- complete from a practical nursing program accredited by the Hawaii Board of Nursing or another state’s nursing board/provide approval of license obtained from other states;
- fill proper application form;
- answer all the questions and sign the application;
- submit Social Security Number and the photocopy of the social security card;
- attach the application fee through a check ($202 for the odd-numbered years and $146 for the even-numbered years).
Temporary LPN Permit in Hawaii
If you need to get a temporary permit in Hawaii you should submit:
- an application form and fee;
- a photocopy of current LPN license;
- Original Verification of Employment;
- Receipt of mailing of Verification of License.
LPN License Renewal in Hawaii
Keep in mind that you are obliged to renew your license on 30 of June each odd-number year.
Consider that you need to apply for renewal in 60 days before your license expiration date.
LPN License Reinstatement in Hawaii
In case, your license expired more than 2 years ago, you should apply for reinstatement.
To do it, you need to pay a fee, provide identity proof, all other important documents, and pass the NCLEX exam.
In case, you haven’t worked for more than 5 years, you should retake the NCLEX exam or complete the training program.
LPN License Verification in Hawaii
Those individuals who apply for license endorsement should also apply for license verification.
It aims to check your NCLEX-PN results, educational qualification, and the current license that was obtained in another state.
To complete the license verification process, you should submit:
- a verification request to the original state including all the necessary documents and fee;
- the info about the date of the license verification;
- the verification by contacting the National Council through the website.
Average LPN Salary in Hawaii
As indeed.com claims, an average annual salary of LPN in Hawaii is about $31,000.
|LPN Cma Rma||$19,000|
|LPN Long Term Care||$20,000|
|Renal Dialysis Nurse||$32,000|
|Long Term Care LPN||$16,000|
|Correctional Prison Facility LPN||$14,000|
|Medical Assistant Family Practice||$18,000|
|Nurse RN LPN||$30,000|
|CNA Medical Surgical||$17,000|
|Nar Nursing Assistant Hope||$15,000|
|Patient Care Technician Student||$10,000|
|LPN Primary Care||$29,000|
|Clinical Nurse LPN||$23,000|
At the same time, salary.com provides data that differs slightly.
|Ewa Beach, HI||$51,996|
|Pearl City, HI||$51,996|
LPN Job Outlook in Hawaii
As you can see, the state of Hawaii provides excellent career options for qualified LPNs.
It’s your opportunity to get your training fast and start a rewarding career in the healthcare field.
According to the given data, working as an LPN in Hawaii, you can earn an excellent salary.
Read the full guide: How to Become a Licensed Practical Nurse