The state of Delaware pays much attention to the quality of medical services provided in medical facilities within the state.
It means that the facilities aim to hire absolutely qualified medical workers including nurses.
That is why there are lots of excellent training programs for LPNs.
Consider the fact that, according to the USA Bureau of Labor Statistics, the number of LPN career options will increase significantly in the nearest future.
Article Table of Contents
- 1 Popular Programs
- 2 Best LPN Training Programs in Delaware
- 3 LPN License in Delaware
- 3.1 LPN Licensing Requirements in Delaware
- 3.2 LPN License Examination in Delaware
- 3.3 LPN Endorsement Licensure in Delaware
- 3.4 LPN License Verification in Delaware
- 3.5 Temporary Permit for LPN in Delaware
- 3.6 LPN License Renewal in Delaware
- 3.7 Inactive Status Request for LPN License in Delaware
- 3.8 LPN License Reinstatement in Delaware
- 3.9 Name Change Request for LPNs in Delaware
- 4 Average LPN Salary in Delaware
- 5 LPN Job Outlook in Delaware
In this article, we’ve prepared for you a list of the best LPN training courses which are approved by the state.
LPNs perform a number of important duties and take care of patients needs.
Normally, LPNs work under the guidance of an RN or a doctor.
Best LPN Training Programs in Delaware
Before starting your training, you need to learn about all the available programs.
Here is the list of the state-approved schools that provide LPN training.
|Delaware Technical Community College (DTCC)– Terry||100 Campus Drive, Dover, Delaware 19904-1383||302.857.1000|
|Delaware Technical Community College (DTCC)– Owens||21179 College Drive, Georgetown, Delaware 19947||302.259.6000|
|Delaware Skills Center||500 Ship’s Landing Way, New Castle, Delaware 19720||302.654.5392|
|Polytech Adult Education||823 Walnut Shade Road, P.O. Box 102, Woodside, Delaware 19980||302.697.4545|
|Camtech School of Nursing||240 North James Street, Suite B2, Newport, Delaware 19804||302.998.8166|
LPN License in Delaware
LPN Licensing Requirements in Delaware
If you are a resident of Delaware and want to get your LPN license, you need to pass the NCLEX examination.
In case you are a resident of the other state, you should apply for the endorsement.
If you are a resident of a compact state you can work as an LPN in Delaware without any difficulties.
Don’t forget to renew your license in time.
If it’s already expired or inactive, you can address the Delaware Nursing Board.
You’ll be asked to pay some fees but keep in mind that they are non-refundable.
Also, your license application is valid only for 1 year and then it should be renewed.
LPN License Examination in Delaware
If you want to get your LPN license in Delaware, you need to pass the NCLEX-PN exam.
This option is available only for residents of Delaware and non-compact states.
To enroll in the exam you need to provide:
- a criminal background check by completing the Authorization for Release of Information form;
- a completed application form that contains your personal info;
- Social Security Number (SSN);
- a fee of $141;
- a copy of a driver’s license or any official identification card.
If you complete your training in any other country, you need to provide a copy of the certificate verification letter sent by the Commission on Graduates of Foreign Nursing Schools (CGFNS).
Also, an official transcript showing the details of their practical nursing education is required.
Keep in mind that it should be sent by your college directly.
After your application is submitted, you need to complete a registration on the Pearson Vue Website.
If everything is OK, you’ll get a notification from the Delaware Board of Nursing.
Also, an Authorization to Test (ATT) will be sent to you by email.
After it, you can pass your test and if it’s successful, you can get your license.
As soon as you get your license, you need to register in the Delaware Nurse Aide Registry.
LPN Endorsement Licensure in Delaware
In case you have an LPN license in any state of the USA and want to get one in Delaware, you can apply for license endorsement.
Despite the fact That Delaware is a member of Nursing Licensure Compact (NLC), non-compact states residents can apply for the license only by endorsement.
Such candidates are obliged to meet at least one of the requirements:
- graduation from a nursing program approved by the Delaware Nursing Board within the last 2 years;
- at least 1000 hours of nursing practice within the last 5 years;
- at least 400 hours of nursing practice within the last 2 years;
- completed refresher program approved by the Board.
In case you weren’t able to meet any of the above requirements, you should address the Board and ask for a substitute supervised practice plan.
Keep in mind that in this case, you need to get a temporary permit.
Also, you need to submit:
- a completed application form;
- $141 as a fee;
- a photocopy of current identification cards;
- fingerprint cards;
- a form of a criminal background check by the state of Delaware as well as Federal Bureau of Investigation;
- Nursing Reference Form sent by each of your employers;
- Nursing Reference Form sent by the institute from where you have graduated;
- original license verification;
- a copy of the Commission on Graduates of Foreign Nursing Schools (CGFNS) certificate verification letter (for foreigners);
- Social Security Number (SSN) or Request for Exemption from Social Security Number Requirement form (for foreigners).
LPN License Verification in Delaware
In such a case you should provide such info as:
- last name;
- current profession;
- type of license;
- license number;
- mailing address.
Temporary Permit for LPN in Delaware
If you are waiting for your LPN license and a temporary one while waiting, you should meet some requirements.
The list includes such points as:
- a job offer in the state of Delaware;
- a job that should be resumed before you take the exam or the process of endorsement is complete;
- a job offer in any compact state.
To apply for temporary permission you should submit:
- a completed application for the temporary permit for LPN;
- a fee of $40 to the “State of Delaware”;
Individuals that apply for the temporary permit by examination should submit:
- an official transcript of the nursing program;
- a copy of a job offer letter;
- a criminal history report.
If you apply for the temporary practical nursing permit by endorsement, you need to submit:
- nursing reference form;
- a copy of the applicant’s job offer letter;
- a criminal history report.
As soon as you complete all the requirements, you’ll get your temporary permission within 7 business days.
After it, you can verify your permission using the Delaware Division of Professional Regulation online service.
If you apply for a license by examination, your permission will be valid for 90 days.
In case, your exam is failed the permission will be closed immediately.
For applicants by endorsement, the permission is submitted for 90 days only.
LPN License Renewal in Delaware
Your license is expired on 28th of February each even year.
You’ll be reminded about license renewal beforehand.
Keep in mind that your personal info should be updated regularly.
You can do it using the Delaware License Online Service.
To renew the license, you should meet such requirements as:
- completed required continuing education;
- practice in nursing at least 400 hours in the last 2 years or 1,000 hours in the last 5 years.
In case you weren’t able to renew your license in time or during 2 months after its expiration, it would be terminated immediately.
It means you’ll be obliged to apply for the reinstatement of the license.
Inactive Status Request for LPN License in Delaware
If you aren’t working at the moment, you need to apply for the inactivation of your license.
To make it, you need to send your request to the Board.
As soon as it’s processed, you’ll get a notification sent by the Board.
LPN License Reinstatement in Delaware
If your license is inactive or expired, you need to apply for the reinstatement.
Also, you can apply for it if you have an LPN license in any other state and want to start your career in Delaware.
For license reinstatement, you need to complete some steps:
- submit a completed application form.
- submit the reinstatement fee.
Also, you should provide a bunch of papers including:
- a copy of official ID card or driver’s license.
- a copy of each current nursing license.
- a Federal Bureau of Investigation and State of Delaware criminal background check.
- the Verification of Continuing Education form.
- copies of the certificates of completion for the program.
- Social Security Number or a Request for Exemption from Social Security Number Requirement.
- a form to each employer where you did a job as a nurse during the last 6 months.
- a form for completion to your nursing program.
- a form to the most current employer with which you were employed for a minimum of 6 months.
In case, you’ve completed a refresh program but didn’t work as the same type of nurse, you should submit a reference form.
Name Change Request for LPNs in Delaware
If you need to change your name in your LPN license, you are obliged to submit:
- a completely filled “Request for Name Change” form;
- a copy of the legal document;
- a document (like a business license) displaying the new name (for business license).
The whole process takes normally 2-4 weeks and can be checked on “Search for a License.”
Average LPN Salary in Delaware
According to indeed.com, LPN in Delaware earns an average salary of $45,000 annually.
|LPN Cma Rma||$19,000|
|LPN Long Term Care||$20,000|
|Renal Dialysis Nurse||$32,000|
|Long Term Care LPN||$16,000|
|Correctional Prison Facility LPN||$14,000|
|Medical Assistant Family Practice||$18,000|
|Nurse RN LPN||$30,000|
|CNA Medical Surgical||$17,000|
|Nar Nursing Assistant Hope||$15,000|
|Patient Care Technician Student||$10,000|
|LPN Primary Care||$29,000|
|Clinical Nurse LPN||$23,000|
At the same time, data provided by salary.com differs slightly.
|Delaware City, DE||$53,273|
|New Castle, DE||$53,213|
|Rehoboth Beach, DE||$53,362|
LPN Job Outlook in Delaware
As you can see, LPN is an absolutely rewarding career.
There are lots of job options in the state and you can start your career easily.
Also, you can enter one of the best training programs in the state and complete it pretty fast.
Moreover, LPN career guarantees you a good stable income and fast career promotion if you want.