Welding is a rewarding career that guarantees you an excellent stable income.
If you are interested in this career, you’d be happy to learn that is plenty of welding certification schools in the state.
In this article, you can find a list of the best welding schools in Wyoming.
There is also a bunch of useful tips and facts for future welders.
Article Table of Contents
- 1 Top 7 Welding Certification Schools in Wyoming
- 2 Popular Degree Programs
- 3 Welder’s Duties and Roles in Wyoming
- 4 Reasons for Becoming a Welder in Wyoming
- 5 Important Welder’s Characteristics
- 6 Average Welder’s Salary in Wyoming
- 7 Where Can Certified Welders Work in Wyoming?
- 8 Similar Career Options in Wyoming
- 9 Conclusion
Top 7 Welding Certification Schools in Wyoming
There are 7 best welding schools in Wyoming:
- Campbell High School is located near Gillette, Wyoming.
- Carbon County Higher Education Center is a great school that offers welding classes. It provides several welding processes and welding fabrication classes.
- Central Wyoming College offers an Associate of Applied Science degree in welding.
- Pathways Innovation Center is a vocational school that provides welding classes in Casper.
- Sheridan High School offers welding certification classes in Kong Drive.
- Wind River High School has welding classes Pavillion.
- Wyoming Welding Tech is one another vocational school that offers welding courses in Wyoming.
In the table below, you can find all the necessary info about welding certification schools in Wyoming.
Keep in mind that every school was approved by the American Welding Society’s SENSE Accreditation Program.
|School||Location||Contact Information||Phone Number|
|Campbell County High School||1000 Camel Dr, Gillette, WY 82716 United States||Larry Steiger||(307) 682-7247|
|Carbon County Higher Education Center||812 E Murray Street Rawlins, WY 80301 United States||Brendon Edwards||(307) 328-9274|
|Central Wyoming College||2660 Peck Avenue, Riverton, WY 82501 United States||Darryl Steeds||(307) 855-2138|
|Pathways Innovation Center||970 N. Glenn Road Casper, WY 82601 United States||Ron Estes||(307) 253-1451|
|Sheridan High School||1056 Long Drive, Sheridan, WY 82801 United States||Ryan McChesney||(307) 672-2495|
|Wind River High School||223 N Cherry St. Pavillion, WY 82523 United States||Charles Jenkens||(307) 856-7970|
|Wyoming Welding Tech||323 East 3rd Street, Cheyenne, WY 82007 United States||Larry Gregory||(307) 632-3337|
Keep in mind that the information in the table may change so we recommend you to doublecheck it.
Popular Degree Programs
Welder’s Duties and Roles in Wyoming
Welding is a process of connecting metal pieces together.
To do it, welders use a variety of tools that heat and melt metal.
One another point is that welders should be able to use numerous tools to accomplish their job.
Most Significant Welder’s Responsibilities
There are 4 the most significant responsibilities any welder should perform daily:
- Studying and understanding specific sketches, blueprints, and instructions. Also, a welder should be able to follow all these instructions properly.
- Raw structure/material analysis in order to determine appropriate methods required for an excellent result. There are about 100 welding methods such as gas tungsten arc welding, shielded metal arc welding, or gas metal arc welding.
- Usage of appropriate tools depending on the chosen method.
- Maintaining equipment and tools so it meets all the requirements. There is a variety of different types of tools including electric and manual equipment. Sometimes, welders should be able to use numerous combination of tools to perform their job properly.
Reasons for Becoming a Welder in Wyoming
To begin with, welding is a rewarding career.
Working as a welder, you’ll be proud of the projects you’ve created with your own hands.
Also, you’re going to learn something new every day which is absolutely exciting.
Moreover, the career has an incredible outlook.
According to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, the number of job offers for welders increases constantly.
Data shows that the number of jobs will grow by 6% until 2026.
Important Welder’s Characteristics
In fact, welders should have a whole bunch of skills and characteristics but, of course, some of them are especially important.
A professional welder should be:
- Detail oriented;
- Technical skills;
- Physical strength;
- Physical stamina;
- Manual dexterity;
- Spatial-orientation skills.
Average Welder’s Salary in Wyoming
Welders in Wyoming can earn a good salary.
A median salary of a welder in Wyoming is about $57 380 per year or $27.59 per hour.
It’s much higher than a median salary throughout the country which is about $39 390 per year or $18.94 per hour.
At the same time, the top 10% of welders in Wyoming earn about $86 660 annually while throughout the country they earn $62 100 per year.
Where Can Certified Welders Work in Wyoming?
After becoming a welder in Wyoming, you’ll be able to start your career easily.
In fact, there is a bunch of spheres you can work at.
There are such options as:
- Construction of buildings and bridges;
- Aerospace applications;
- Gas & oil field power plants and refineries;
- Auto & motorcycle fabrication and repair.
Similar Career Options in Wyoming
If you don’t feel like becoming a welder but still, look for something similar, there are some career for you.
These options may as well interest you:
- Plumber, Pipefitter, and Steamfitter;
- Sheet Metal Worker.
As you see, there is enough of welding certification schools in Wyoming.
Take your time and learn about all the available programs.
After it, you’ll be able to choose the one that suits your requirements.
We wish you luck and hope you’ll be able to start your successful career.