This article will be absolutely helpful for those people who want to become a welder.
There you can find a list of the best welding schools in Nebraska.
Also, there are some other useful facts and tips for future welders.
Article Table of Contents
- 1 Welder’s Duties and Roles in Nebraska
- 2 Reasons for Becoming a Welder in Nebraska
- 3 Professional Welder’s Skills
- 4 Average Welder’s Salary in Nebraska
- 5 Where Can Certified Welders Work in Nebraska?
- 6 Top 2 Welding Certification Schools in Nebraska
- 7 Popular Degree Programs
- 8 Similar Career Options in Nebraska
- 9 Conclusion
Welder’s Duties and Roles in Nebraska
Welding is a pretty-much complicated process which requires a bunch of skills.
Welders use various tools in order to heat, melt and join various metal elements.
Most Significant Welder’s Responsibilities
There are 4 the most significant responsibilities any welder should perform daily:
- Studying and understanding specific sketches, blueprints, and instructions. Also, a welder should be able to follow all these instructions properly.
- Raw structure/material analysis in order to determine appropriate methods required for an excellent result. There are about 100 welding methods such as gas tungsten arc welding, shielded metal arc welding, or gas metal arc welding.
- Usage of appropriate tools depending on the chosen method.
- Maintaining equipment and tools so it meets all the requirements. There is a variety of different types of tools including electric and manual equipment. Sometimes, welders should be able to use numerous combination of tools to perform their job properly.
Reasons for Becoming a Welder in Nebraska
Of course, choosing a career, everyone has its own reasons but there are some common reasons for everyone who decided to become a welder.
Forst of all, it’s a rewarding career as constructions created by your hands will be there for a long time.
Also, welders work on open air with their own hands.
Finally, there is an impressive outcome which continues growing.
According to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, it will grow by 6% until 2026.
Professional Welder’s Skills
If you want to work as a welder, you need to be:
- Detail oriented;
- Technical skills;
- Physical strength;
- Physical stamina;
- Manual dexterity;
- Spatial-orientation skills.
Average Welder’s Salary in Nebraska
Welders in Nebraska earn an average median salary of $37 690 per year or $18.12 per hour.
At the same time, a median salary throughout the USA is $39 390 per year or $18.94 per hour.
The top 10% of welders throughout the country earn about $62 100 per year, while in Nebraska they earn about $27 310 annually.
Where Can Certified Welders Work in Nebraska?
Welders in Nebraska can work in numerous fields.
There are such options as:
- Construction of buildings and bridges;
- Aerospace applications;
- Gas & oil field power plants and refineries;
- Auto & motorcycle fabrication and repair.
Top 2 Welding Certification Schools in Nebraska
Below there is a list of the best welding certification schools in Nebraska.
There are 2 schools that were approved by the American Welding Society’s SENSE Accreditation Program.
Each school provides a variety of important and essential courses such as Gas Tungsten Arc Welding (TIG), Shielded Metal Arc Welding (stick), or Gas Metal Arc Welding (MIG).
It means that you’ll be able to perform your duties properly.
Keep in mind that you need a high-school diploma or GED to start your training.
Nevertheless, some schools are ready to accept high-school juniors.
In any case, to become a certified welder, a high-school diploma is required as well as a bunch of significant skills.
|School||Location||Contact Information||Phone Number|
|Pine Ridge Job Corps||15710 Hwy 385, Chadron, NE 69337 United States||Lyn Miller||(308) 432-8666|
|Western Nebraska Community College||1601 East 27th Street, Scottsbluff, NE 69361 United States||Dean Rindels||(406) 563-3476|
Keep in mind that the information in the table may change so we recommend you to doublecheck it.
Popular Degree Programs[qs_listing listing templategroup="default" areaofinterest="" state="NE" widgetinstancekey="26335310"]
Similar Career Options in Nebraska
These options may as well interest you:
- Plumber, Pipefitter, and Steamfitter;
- Sheet Metal Worker.
We hope, this article was useful for you and you found the info you were looking for.
Keep in mind that welding is an absolutely amazing and rewarding career.
You can achieve success in this sphere if you work hard.