In North Dakota, there are 7 facilities that offer welding training programs.
The list contains schools, colleges and Job Corps.
Just read the article to get info about available schools and welding in common so you can make the best choice.
Article Table of Contents
- 1 Welding in North Dakota: Clue Facts
- 2 Reasons for Becoming a Welder in North Dakota
- 3 Average Welder’s Salary in North Dakota
- 4 Top 7 Welding Certification Schools in North Dakota
- 5 Popular Degree Programs
- 6 Similar Career Options in North Dakota
- 7 Conclusion
Welding in North Dakota: Clue Facts
Welders heat and melt metal pieces in order to join them together.
To perform their job, welders should be able to use numerous tools and technics.
Methods and equipment vary depending on projects’ specifications.
Among the most popular methods there are:
- Shielded Metal Arc Welding (Stick);
- Plasma Arc Welding;
- Flux-Cored Welding;
- Gas Metal Arc Welding (MIG);
- Tungsten Inert Gas Welding (TIG);
- Gas or Oxy-Acetylene Welding.
Reasons for Becoming a Welder in North Dakota
Welding is an absolutely rewarding career but still, it’s just one of the reasons for becoming a welder.
One other point is that this career has an incredible outlook in North Dakota as well as all over the USA.
According to the US Bureau of Labor Statistics, the number of job offers for welders will grow by 6% until 2026.
It means that there are lots of job offers and their number is going to increase constantly.
Another point is that this career guarantees your financial stability.
It’s pretty easy to find a job right after graduation and gain a good salary.
IN fact, welders have a rather high income.
Average Welder’s Salary in North Dakota
Of course, choosing a career, it’s absolutely important to learn about a salary you can earn in the future.
In this section, you can find some info about welders’ salary in North Dakota and all over the country.
Speaking of an average median salary, welders in North Dakota earn about $52 210 or $25.10 per hour.
It’s pretty much higher than a median salary throughout the country which is about $39 390 per year.
The top 10% of welders nationally earn about $62 100 annually.
At the same time, the top 10% of welders in North Dakota earn $87 500.
Top 7 Welding Certification Schools in North Dakota
There are 7 welding certification schools in North Dakota.
It’s important to say that all the schools from the list are approved by the American Welding SENSE Accreditation Program.
We’ve prepared for you some useful data for each school.
Among the best welding certification schools in North Dakota there are:
- Bismark State College, which is located in Bismark. If you want to earn your Associate of Applied Science degree there, you should complete “Prescribed Technical Program” credits as well as general education credits. There is also a bunch of other technical associates degrees such as Electrical Lineworker or Mechanical Maintenance Technology.
- Lake Area Career and Technology Center. It is located in Devils Lake and is associated with the Devils Lake High School.
- Lynnes Welding Training, Inc. It has facilities in both Bismarck and Fargo. The school provides 16-week as well as 12-week welding programs.
- North Valley Vo-Tech Center is among the best welding certification schools in North Dakota. The North Valley Vo-Tech Center also offers degrees in a variety of similar vocations as well.
- North Dakota State College of Science, which offers an excellent welding certification program.
List of the Best Welding Certification Schools in North Dakota
Here is not only the list of the best welding schools in North Dakota but also their contact info.
|School||Location||Contact Information||Phone Number|
|Bismarck State College||1500 Edwards Ave Bismarck, ND 58506 United States||David Mozingo||(701) 224-2672|
|Lake Area Career & Technology Center||205 16TH ST NW Devils Lake, ND 58301 United States||Alwood Huckell||(701) 662-7650|
|Lynnes Welding Training, Inc.||2717 3rd Avenue North, Fargo, ND 58102 United States||Dave Lynnes||(701) 373-0658|
|Lynnes Welding Training, Inc.||4329 Centurion Drive Unit #9 Bismarck, ND 58504 United States||Dave Lynnes||(701) 751-4256|
|North Dakota State College Of Science||800 6Th St N, Wahpeton, ND 58076 United States||Clint Gilbertson||(701) 671-2329|
|North Valley Vo-Tech Center||RR 1 Box 4, Grafton, ND 58237 United States||Kevin C. Dusek||(701) 352-3705|
|Quentin Burdick Job Corps||1500 University Ave West, Minot, ND 58703 United States||Gary Norman||(336) 224.4868|
Keep in mind that the information in the table may change so we recommend you to doublecheck it.
Popular Degree Programs
Similar Career Options in North Dakota
Welding is an absolutely amazing job but if you aren’t sure whether you want to work as a welder, you should consider some other options.
There is a lot of similar career options that may interest you as well.
Here is the list of the career options that are similar to welding:
- Mechanical Maintenance Technology
- Sheet Metal Workers
- Electrical Lineworker
- Soldering & Brazing
There is a number of good schools that offer welding training programs in North Dakota.
You just need to take your time and learn about each school so you can make a final decision.
In any case, we wich you luck with your future career.