HVAC Schools in Wisconsin (Top Programs Listed)


sponsored schools

HVAC Schools in Wisconsin

If you live in this state, working in the HVAC field could be the right choice.

Let’s have a look at what you need to do!


On average, HVAC techs in Wisconsin make about $46,030 a year, while experienced workers earn $52,157 per year.

In the United States, the average salary is $46,648 a year, with the more experienced tech earning around $52,858 per year.

Annual Salary Range:
Annual Salary by Location:
LocationAvg. Annual Salary
Green Bay$44,829
Eau Claire$43,252


Wisconsin requires you to register with the Department of Safety and Professional Services.

You will have to pay $160, a filing fee of $15 and renew the form after 4 years.


sponsored schools


While the law does not require you to get certified, getting an HVAC Qualifier license can help you get hired easier.

This certification is available if you pass an exam for which you need to meet any of these criteria:

  • 4 years and 1000 hours of experience supervising the installation and repair of HVAC systems
  • Completing a 4-year program in a school
  • A combination of experience and education totaling 4 years.

The exam costs $15 for the application form, and an added $25 to attend.

This test is open-book.

Check out the schools below for the educational program.

School NameAddress
Blackhawk Technical College6004 County Road GJanesville, Wisconsin 53547
Chippewa Valley Technical College620 W Clairemont AveEau Claire, Wisconsin 54701
Gateway Technical College3520 30th AveKenosha, Wisconsin 53144
Milwaukee Area Technical College700 W State StMilwaukee, Wisconsin 53233
Moraine Park Technical College235 N National AvenueFond du Lac, Wisconsin 54936
Nicolet Area Technical CollegeHwy G SouthRhinelander, Wisconsin 54501
Northcentral Technical College1000 Campus DrWausau, Wisconsin 54401
Northeast Wisconsin Technical College2740 W Mason StGreen Bay, Wisconsin 54307
Western Technical College400 Seventh St. NorthLa Crosse, Wisconsin 54602
Wisconsin Indianhead Technical College505 Pine Ridge DriveShell Lake, Wisconsin 54871

Local guidelines

While an HVAC Qualifier certification allows you to work in any city, without it you will have to be registered in the city you want to work in.

EPA Section 608

If you plan on working with refrigerants, you need to get a 608 certification.

There are 3 types of EPA certifications, and the most useful is the Universal one.

You can also choose the type of certification depending on the appliances you will work with.


We suggest you look for additional certifications in your city in order to inspire more confidence.

Contractors must also register their business, which is not a difficult process and will help your career.

USA HVAC Schools by State

Popular Programs

Leave a Comment

Find a Program