Sacramento, CA, offers various HVAC schools for students seeking hands-on training in installing, maintaining, and repairing heating, ventilation, air conditioning, and refrigeration systems.
Programs range from 9-month certificate programs to 2-year associate degree programs, with online and in-class learning options.
Financial aid is available for qualified graduates who can pursue careers as HVAC technicians, installers, specialists, and more.
Sacramento Community College
About the School
The Mechanical Electrical Technology program at Sacramento City College provides instruction in HVACR (heating, ventilation, air conditioning, and refrigeration) system design, installation, operation, and maintenance.
Topics covered in the program include HVACR, environmental control, building automation, renewable and sustainable energy, energy efficiency, and energy management.
The division’s mission is to offer classes that are both challenging and relevant to the needs of the labor market today and tomorrow.
Below are some of the courses offered in Sacramento City College’s Mechanical-Electrical Technology program:
- Introduction to Mechanical-Electrical Technology
- Fundamentals of Instruments and Electricity
- Fundamentals of Workplace Success
- Topics in Mechanical-Electrical Technology
- Refrigeration Systems
- Refrigeration Systems Calculations
- Refrigerant Transition and Recovery Processes and Procedures
- Electrical Controls
- Heat Pump Operation and Maintenance
- Heating and Power Machinery
Prospective students of Sacramento City College’s Mechanical Electrical Technology program can expect hands-on training using the latest equipment and technology in the industry.
The program is open to high school graduates or anyone over 18 with a high school diploma or equivalent.
Tuition costs for the program vary depending on residency status and the number of units taken.
Financial aid options, such as grants and loans, are available to eligible students.
The department also offers job placement assistance and internships to help students gain practical experience and make connections with potential employers.
Students can also take advantage of the resources available at Sacramento City College, such as tutoring, counseling, and career services, to help them achieve academic and professional success.
Address: 3835 Freeport Blvd., Sacramento, CA 95822
UEI College - Sacramento
About the School
UEI College is a vocational school offering a 10-month HVAC Technician Training Program to prepare students for entry-level HVAC technician careers.
The program is available in both in-class and online learning options.
Students with various schedules and learning preferences can use this flexibility.
Here are some of the HVAC courses offered at UEI College:
- Installation, maintenance, troubleshooting, and repair of HVAC systems
- Proper and safe use of HVAC tools
- Electricity and electrical components
- Heating using electricity, gas, and oil
- Residential air conditioning systems
- Fundamentals of refrigeration equipment
- Hands-on lab training using real HVAC equipment
- Preparation for important EPA Certifications, including EPA Section 608 Certification and R-410A Certification
Students will have the knowledge and skills to begin an entry-level HVAC technician career upon graduation.
Prospective students can begin registration by filling out a form on the UEI College website or by calling the admissions department. A
An admissions representative will guide applicants through the admissions process, answer any questions they may have, and help them enroll in the program.
The tuition cost for the HVAC Technician Training Program at UEI College varies depending on program duration and location.
UEI College offers financial aid to students who qualify.
The admissions representatives can obtain detailed information on tuition costs and available financial aid programs.
Address: 4424 Florin Rd. Suite D., Sacramento, CA 95823
InterCoast College Rancho Cordova Campus
About the School
InterCoast College Rancho Cordova Campus provides a 9-month HVAC Training Program that prepares students for careers as HVAC Technicians.
The program covers diagnostics, testing, mechanics, electricity, and electronics for HVACR system repair.
Students can also earn a high school diploma while in the HVAC Programs at InterCoast College.
The college’s Hybrid HVAC Training Program also combines on-campus and online learning for busy students.
InterCoast College Rancho Cordova Campus offers the following courses in HVAC:
- Diagnostic techniques and use of testing equipment
- Mechanics, electricity, and electronics instruction
- EPA and OSHA 10
Students can visit InterCoast College Rancho Cordova Campus or apply online for the HVAC Training Program.
Tuition and fees for the InterCoast College Rancho Cordova Campus HVAC Training Program average $15,600.
Students can contact the financial aid office or an admissions representative for more information about tuition costs and available payment plans.
Address: 9738 Lincoln Village Dr #120, Sacramento, CA 95827
National Career Education - Citrus Heights, CA Campus
About the School
NCE provides a hands-on and practical Commercial Refrigeration, Heating, and Air Conditioning program (HVAC) that trains students for entry-level careers in the HVAC industry.
The program covers installing, servicing, and repair of both residential and commercial air conditioning, heating, and refrigeration systems while maintaining EPA regulations.
This program’s primary goal is to provide students with the fundamental knowledge and practical experience required to become successful HVAC Technicians.
NCE’s HVAC curriculum consists of some of the following classes:
- Commercial Refrigeration, Heating, and Air Conditioning program (HVAC)
- Hands-on, practical training in electrical theory and controls, basic plumbing, and welding and soldering using oxy-acetylene torches
- Installation, service, and repair of residential air conditioning, heating, and refrigeration systems
- Maintenance of EPA regulations when troubleshooting and repairing residential and commercial equipment
- Preparation for industry-recognized certifications such as ESCO EPA certification, HVAC Excellence, 410A, and OSHA
Students will have the opportunity to take the exam for an ESCO EPA certification after they graduate.
These enhancements to their credentials as HVAC Technicians will help them find work more quickly.
After students are accepted into NCE’s HVAC program, they will receive information about orientation activities.
NCE hosts a comprehensive orientation program that provides students with critical information about the HVAC program and its requirements.
During orientation, students will receive their class schedules, which they can use to plan their academic and personal schedules accordingly.
Address: 6249 Sunrise Blvd, Citrus Heights, CA 95610
Sacramento Job Corps Center
About the School
Students aged 16-24 can enroll in Sacramento Job Corps Center programs to learn marketable skills and develop their potential in various fields.
Sacramento Job Corps Center offers a Heating, Ventilation, and Air Conditioning (HVAC) program that prepares students for entry-level careers in the HVAC industry.
The program provides hands-on training in installing, repairing, and maintaining heating and air conditioning systems and customer service skills.
In the HVAC program, students will receive training in the following areas:
- Installation, maintenance, and repair of cooling and heating systems
- Testing individual components to determine necessary repairs
- Proper use of specific HVAC tools and equipment
- Customer service skills development
- Optional training on connecting gas heating, electric heating, cooling systems, and heat pumps
Most Job Corps HVAC program graduates find employment with construction contractors or become self-employed upon graduation.
Before entering the HVAC program, students must complete all required activities in the Career Preparation Period, including Career Exploration and Career Success/Workplace Skills.
Additionally, students must meet basic academic requirements in math and reading.
As a Job Corps student, you can earn credentials in your training area, which may lead to greater employment opportunities, higher wages, and promotions.
Address: 3100 Meadowview Rd., Sacramento, CA 95832-143
Read the full guide: How to Become an HVAC Technician