Job Corps is the one of the best organizations in Arizona where Nursing assistants can get free training before being considered as certified.
The Labor Department of U.S oversees Fred Acosta Job Corps located in Tucson, Arizona and has a CAN training course for students between the age of 16 years and 24 years and have a financial constraint in catering for their education.
The program offers free training.
Those who undertake the program benefit from free room and boarding, a living wage and are helped to secure a job after completing the course and graduating.
The Tucson Medicine Center in Tucson and South Arizona Veteran Administration Medicine Center have programs that the public can enroll.
Baywood Medical Center located in Mesa and Banner Thunder – bird Medical Center located in Tucson are known for offering training courses that are state-approved but are strictly for persons who will be taken in as employees in their facilities which is an excellent means of subsidized costs to those who prioritize economics.
Article Table of Contents
- 1 Arizona – Training Centers Approved by WIA to offer Free CNA Training
- 2 CNA Certification Regulations
- 3 Arizona Certified Nursing Assistant Salaries
- 4 CNA Training in Arizona (Schools & Programs)
- 5 Additional Programs
Arizona – Training Centers Approved by WIA to offer Free CNA Training
- Accord Healthcare Institute – 6049 N 43rd Avenue | Phoenix, AZ 85019 | Maricopa | (602) 714-3439
- Trend-setters Certified NA Academy– 12600 N. 113th Ave. Ste C6 | Young town | AZ 85363 | Maricopa | (623) 583-2737
- Arizona Medical training Institute (previously RSAA) – 1530 N. Country Club Doctor no.11 | Mesa, AZ 85201 | Maricopa County | (480) 835-7679
- Brookline training College – Phx Tempe Tucson | AZ 85000 | (888) 682-8226
- Cactus Wren Program LLC – 10640 N 28th Dr. Building C107/ | Phoenix, AZ 85029 | Maricopa County | (602) 741-5526
- Care Giver training Institute – 1940 E Silver Lake Road Ste 402 | Tucson, AZ 85713-3865 | (602) 845-2540
- Central Arizona College – 8470 N Over field Road | Coolidge, AZ 85228 | Pinal County |Doctor. Janice Vermiglio-Smith 480 677 7717
- LAM & Associates, School of NAs, LLC – 8900 N. | 4th Floor, Suites Number406-408 | Phoenix, AZ 85020 | Maricopa | (602) 290-3162
CNA Certification Regulations
The Department of Health in Arizona stipulates that the lowest number of training hours should be 75 for one to be regarded as a Nursing Assistant who is certified.
The minimum clinical hours and which should be supervised are supposed to be 16.
In the two years after being done with the training program to be a Nursing assistant, for the process to be complete, one must provide some documents listed below:
- Make one copy of your certificate of completion you got a Nursing Assistant course approved by the State Board of Nursing in Arizona showing you completed the 120-hour program that is supported by a different state.
- Proof that you have completed the 75 training hours of being a Nursing Assistant approved by a different state and evidence that you worked for an extra 45 hours as a Nursing Assistant or
- Proof that you graduated from a Certified LPN or RN program or you hold a valid LPN OR RN license, or you meet all education requirements for LPN or RN licensure in the state of Arizona which only accepts a written test.
Those who have applied but haven’t sat for the CNA Exam within two years of training can give proof of having worked for 160 hours every two years as a Nursing Assistant since they were done with their Nursing assistant training program approved by the state are allowed to take the CNA exam.
After one has submitted relevant training and experience proof, applicants must fill a Certified Nursing Assistant application form through endorsement or exam and send it via e-mail to the Arizona State Board of Nursing.
Apply for a Nursing Assistant exam and send it to D&S Diversified Testing Company plus the fee.
Both manual and written tests have to be passed and a fingerprint card completed, and all will be sent your way.
If by any chance the results of the fingerprint card are positive and that a criminal record is detected, an investigation will commence immediately, and certification will be denied until research is over.
The duration may be 4-6 months.
Arizona Certified Nursing Assistant Salaries
*Salaries Updated for 2022.
|Lake Havasu City, AZ||$32,609|
|Sierra Vista, AZ||$28,989|
|Sun City, AZ||$31,339|
CNA Training in Arizona (Schools & Programs)
One can be a Nursing Assistant who is certified in Arizona after completing coursework approved by the state and certification examinations at approved sites.
Training sessions prepare students for main exams and are 120 hours and could be between one week and an entire semester.
The program costs between $400 and $1500 although some long-term health care facilities do it at no cost.
Payment schedules exist in technical schools and colleges.
Some facilities pay students during clinical practices.
Here are Arizona’s approved CNA programs:
Arizona Medical Institute
Located on North Country Club Drive 1530, Mesa Arizona 85201.
The program runs for 120 hours-80 classroom hours and 40 clinical practice hours and costs $990 inclusive of books, supplies, and tuition.
The state board Exam fee is an extra $108.
You can choose from 3-weekday, 5-week evening or 2-weekend program totaling to 6 schedules.
For more inquiries, call 480-835-7679.
Glendale Community College
Located on Verdugo Road 1500 North, Glendale.
The course runs for 36 lecture hours, 44 laboratory hours, 40 hours of clinical application on long-term basis all at the cost of $847 including tuition, books, and supplies.
An extra fee of $85 is for the state board of Nursing exam in Arizona.
For more information, call 623-845-3264.
Coconino Community College
Located on South Lone Tree Road 2800, Arizona Flagstaff, 86001.
The four-credit course has 40 hours of clinical application all at $684 inclusive of books.
$115 is needed separately for criminal history check and vaccines as part of applying for the license as stated in the Nursing exam of the Arizona state board.
Reach the administrative Assistant on 928-562-7640 for more details.
Gate-Way Community College
Located on East Buckeye Road 1245, Phoenix, 85034 Arizona.
Having a 6-credit course, it includes Both clinical practice, acute care, skilled care, and classwork at $1136 including tuition fee and books.
It is available across Arizona in 10 different locations.
Licensing is the responsibility of the state board of Nursing of Arizona.
$85 is required for the Nursing exam.
For more inquiries call 602-286-8178.
Gila Community College
Located on Six Shooter Canyon Road 8274, Globe.
The certificate program offered here is an 18-credit course with provisions at Payson, Gila Pueblo and San Carlos and includes class work and clinical practice at $800 and $85 for the Nursing Exam fee.
For more information on this program call, 928-425-8481.
Central Arizona College
Located on East Aravaipa Road 80440, Winkelman, Arizona
As part of the program, students take part in clinical practice, hands-on training done practically and classwork lasts for about 16 to 18 weeks from Monday to Friday as from 8:00 am to 5:00 pm.
They have weekend and evening classes.
60 hours of classwork are taken place at Casa Grande Centers and the 90 clinical works hours in a hospital or nursing home as per the contract with the college.
The program lasts for $2310 and $185 extra for licensing and vaccine.
Call 520-494-6053 for more information.
Arizona Pioneers Home – 7340, Prescott | 928-445-2181
Caring House – 3288, Sacaton | 520-562-7400
Gardens Rehab and Care – 5034, Kingman | 928-718-0718
Good Samaritan Society – Prescott Village 5158 | 928-778-2450
Coconino Community College – 7106 Page | 928-645-3987
College America Phoenix – 9205 Phoenix | 602-589-9860
College America Flagstaff – 0104 Flagstaff | 928-213-6060
Tucson Medical Center Healthcare Certified Nursing Assistant Program for Adults – 7343 Tucson | 520-324-5980