In Providence, Rhode Island, the future shines for medical billing and coding enthusiasts.
The city combines its historical charm with a growing healthcare sector.
As this industry evolves, it opens doors for billing and coding experts.
Let’s delve into one of Providence’s standout institutions, guiding ambitious individuals toward a thriving career.
1 American Safety Programs And Training
Established in 2006, American Safety Programs And Training has made its mark by “Teaching Others to Save Lives.”
Affiliated with respected entities like the American Heart Association, it’s not just an educational hub but a place where ambition meets preparation.
It’s an institution committed to elevating the standards of medical training.
- Scope: Detailed instruction in ICD-9, CPT, DSM-IV, and HCPCS systems. The program boasts a comprehensive coverage of medical billing and coding basics, preparing students for diverse industry scenarios.
- Training Approach: Theory combined with real-world application ensures graduates are work-ready.
- Payment Options: Financing is available without credit checks, offering beneficial terms and zero prepayment penalties, making education accessible to many.
- Recognition: The school’s affiliation with reputable bodies adds significant weight to the training and certification received.
Address: 150 Niantic Ave, Providence, RI 02907, United States
2 MTTI - Seekonk, MA campus
MTTI, honored with the 2022 School of Excellence Award by ACCSC, stands as an epitome of “Education for Employment.”
Inspired by the visionary founders, Ward and Sharon Ring, the school has consistently churned out industry-ready professionals, setting high standards for vocational training.
- Duration: Extensive 30-week course with a comprehensive curriculum.
- Curriculum Highlights: Covering Hospital Coding, Electronic Medical Records Management, HIPAA considerations, Legal and Ethical Issues, and more. This diverse syllabus prepares students for various challenges in the medical billing and coding landscape.
- Perks: Every student receives a Chromebook, emphasizing the importance of digital competence in the modern healthcare workspace.
- Practical Exposure: A 120-hour hands-on internship ensures students get first-hand experience in the field.
- Recognition: The Medical Billing & Coding/Office Administration Diploma is accredited by both the Massachusetts State Education Agency and ACCSC.
Address: 1241 Fall River Ave, Seekonk, MA 02771, United States
3 Enos Medical Coding
Specializing exclusively in medical domains, Enos Medical Coding is anchored by the dynamic duo, Mike and Nancy.
With a legacy spanning over 25 years, the school combines foundational theories with real-world applications, ensuring graduates are both knowledgeable and adaptable.
- Course Offerings: A 12-week CPC® Classroom Preparation Course and a 14-week Preparatory Course in Medical Coding, addressing the varied needs of the industry.
- Objective: To cater to the growing demand for proficient CPCs. Enos emphasizes the practical application of knowledge, ensuring that students are well-prepared for the industry.
- Investment Details: The 14-week course, priced at $2,000, includes course materials, a one-year AAPC membership, and the certification examination fee, offering value for money.
- Distinctive Features: A tailored curriculum aligned with industry standards ensures graduates can navigate real-world challenges seamlessly.
Address: 58 Sevilla Ave, Warwick, RI 02889, United States
4 CCRI - Knight Campus
The Knight Campus of the Community College of Rhode Island is a linchpin of affordable higher education.
Nurturing over 15,000 students annually, it has firmly positioned itself as a cornerstone for those seeking quality, comprehensive education, and transformative experiences.
- Courses Available: The Medical Insurance, Billing, and Coding (MIBC) program, which is unique to the Warwick-based Knight Campus.
- Objective: The program aims to prepare students for diverse medical documentation coding certifications. Furthermore, it offers an avenue for credit application towards higher degrees.
- Duration: Spread over two semesters, the curriculum offers depth and breadth.
- Unique Selling Point: The curriculum is industry-aligned, preparing students for a range of certification exams, ensuring they remain competitive in the job market.
Address: 400 East Ave, Warwick, RI 02886, United States
5 Providence College
Rooted in history since 1917, Providence College emerged as a leading Catholic university.
A brainchild of the Dominican Order and the local diocese, the institution not only provides academic excellence but also fosters a culture where faith and reasoning coalesce, producing well-rounded graduates.
- Course Variety: Although not a direct medical billing and coding program, the Health Policy and Management (HPM) program has a rich history, influencing the healthcare sector for over three decades.
- Objective: The program confronts the complex challenges of health and healthcare, producing professionals adept in varied health-centric roles.
- Pedagogy: A blend of theoretical knowledge and practical application ensures that students are ready for the evolving healthcare sector.
- Institutional Advantage: Rooted in understanding the modern intricacies of healthcare, the program ensures that graduates are equipped for contemporary challenges.
Address: 1 Cunningham Sq, Providence, RI 02918, United States
6 911Programs Career Training Institute
Positioned as a trendsetter, 911Programs is Rhode Island’s answer to modern medical training.
Offering an array of courses from EMS to Allied Health, the institute has been a beacon for those seeking a mix of traditional pedagogy and online flexibility, paving the way for innovative learning.
- Courses on Offer: A robust Certified Medical Coding and Billing program. This combines classroom lectures with hands-on lab sessions, offering a holistic learning experience.
- Objective: To equip students for multiple roles in healthcare, especially billing, coding, and patient insurance verification, thus providing multiple avenues for employment.
- Duration & Schedule: A 13-week comprehensive course, with classes held three evenings per week, accommodating working professionals and students alike.
- Financial Consideration: While exact costs aren’t disclosed, the program is designed to enable quick career transitions without long-term financial burdens.
- Practical Emphasis: The institute ensures graduates are ready for real-world scenarios, offering clinical placements, job readiness training, and job placement support.
Address: 22 Veterans Memorial Dr, Warwick, RI 02886, United States
Schools Summary Table
|#1||American Safety Programs And Training|
|#2||MTTI - Seekonk, MA campus|
|#3||Enos Medical Coding|
|#4||CCRI - Knight Campus|
|#6||911Programs Career Training Institute|