Dubbed one of Space Coast’s most populated metro areas, while still maintaining a small-town charm, residents find Melbourne a captivating city to live in.
Home to numerous trade schools and institutions, it’s also a perfect place to spend your college or adult education years.
Here, a skilled trade worker earns $25.99 an hour.
For trade schools to check out, this list should be of huge help.
Florida Bartending School
About the School
Becoming a bartender in as quick as two weeks is possible at the Florida Bartending School.
Mimicking a real bar setting, the school trains students in a closely resembling set-up to ensure familiarity with the profession and its environments.
It is also spread out through other areas of Florida such as Jacksonville / Orange Park, Pinellas Park, West Palm Beach, and Melbourne.
The Full Bartender Certification Course includes getting a national certification and license to work in the industry.
Apart from the training given, job placement assistance is also secured upon your enrolment at the Florida Bartending School.
Here’s a coverage of the course offering:
- Liquors and Definitions
- Beers & wine
- Drinks & Shots
- Alcohol and State laws
- Bar Equipment
- Fruit cutting
- Customer Service
- Responsible Liquor Service
- Free Pouring Techniques
- How to cater parties
- Bar Set Up
- Bar Breakdown Procedure
Classes can be taken on a 2-week-night class or via a 4-week weekend class.
- Florida Bartending School
- Address: 1101 Hibiscus Blvd, Suite 211, Melbourne, FL 32901
- Phone: 321-821-9444
- Website: https://www.floridabartendingschool.net
About the School
Make your passion your profession with Barry University’s competitive programs.
Barry University was founded in 1940 and is an institution grounded in the liberal arts tradition, Dominican heritage, and inclusivity.
This Catholic Institution promotes knowledge and truth, social justice, inclusivity, and collaborative service.
Here, students are empowered to pursue a career regardless of their age, gender, and social status, as the university also offers financial support.
Barry caters to Bachelor, Graduate, and Adult Learner Programs to fit all types of students.
The Adult Learner Program includes graduate, certificate, and professional development programs for non-traditional learners and adults too.
There are also online programs available.
Here are some of the courses to check:
- Certified Pharmacy Technician
- Certified Professional Coder
- Certified Financial Planner
- Certified Billing & Coding Specialist
- Clinical Laboratory Sciences (BS) Completion Program
- Clinical Laboratory Sciences (MS) Specialization in Histotechnology
- Clinical Laboratory Sciences (MS) Specialization in Laboratory Management
- Clinical Laboratory Sciences (MS) Specialization in Medical Laboratory Sciences
- Curriculum and Instruction (EdS)
- Emergency Medical Technician
- Emergency Management (BS)
- Family Practice Nurse Practitioner (Post Graduate’s Certificate)
- Firesafety Inspector I & II
Anyone who enrolls at Barry University can also join any of the university’s student engagement activities.
- Barry University
- Address: 410 N Wickham Rd #300, Melbourne, FL 32935
- Phone: 321-409-5553
- Website: https://www.barry.edu
About the School
Florida Tech is a research-driven university that’s also valued in the Top 100 of The Best Value University, as per the US News and World Report, and ranks 17th in the US for Graduate Employability.
It’s also among the most advanced tech schools in the country and is included in the 10 best universities in the country for the quality of the career and learning-related opportunities.
There’s also a variety of choices in the aviation pathway, as the university believes any dream, no matter how outrageous is possible.
Florida Tech caters to different certificate programs such as the following:
- Acquisition and Contract Management, Certificate
- Aircraft Dispatcher, Certificate
- Assistant Behavior Analyst Certificate (5th Edition)
- Aviation Ground Operations, Certificate
- Behavior Analyst Certificate (5th Edition)
- Energy Systems Engineering, Certificate
- Flight Test Engineering, Certificate
- Information Assurance and Cybersecurity, Certificate
- Marketing Communication, Certificate
Another pathway that Florida Tech boasts of is the Aviation Pathway which consists of:
- Aeronautical Science-Flight, A.S.
- Air Traffic Control, A.A.
- Aviation Management, A.A.
- Aviation Management-Flight, A.S.
- Aviation Meteorology-Flight, A.S.
- Flight Operations and Dispatch, A.A.
- Flight Operations and Dispatch, A.S.
There are also numerous Financial Aids available for students who are eyeing Private Education but have limited means.
You’ll be required to submit a personal essay upon admission.
- Florida Tech
- Address: 150 W. University Blvd. Melbourne, FL 32901
- Phone: (321) 674-8000
- Website: https://www.fit.edu
Horizon Healthcare Institute
About the School
Horizon Healthcare Institute is a great learning institution to enroll at, if your interests are career-focused certifications and diplomas in the healthcare sector.
Apart from the hands-on training, you can get from its instructors, the institute also offers flexible scheduling and affordable fees to encourage more students in the community to take part in its programs.
The school has three campus locations in Florida, mainly Fort Myers, Port Charlotte, and Melbourne.
There’s a list of healthcare career programs at the Horizon Healthcare Institute.
The Nursing Program has three options:
- Practical Nursing Program (1350 hours) – composed of didactic (603 hours), Laboratory (72 hours), and clinical instruction (675 hours).
- Registered Nurse Program (72 credit hours) – made up of General Education (15 hours), Health Science (12 hours), Core Nursing Courses (45 hours)
- Nurse Assistant Program
Technician Programs are also in demand, and you’ll certainly get an entry-level job right away, after completion.
For Healthcare Technician Programs, the following are offered:
- Patient Care Technician program
- Phlebotomy program
- Electrocardiograph Aide (EKG Technician)
Other medical programs include Home Health Aide and continuing education updates such as:
- CPR (Initial certification)
- CPR (Renewal)
- Assistance with self-medication
- Domestic violence
- HIV / AIDS / OSHA
- Alzheimer’s and dementia
- Accident and injury prevention
- Proper body mechanics
- Resident rights
- Infection control
- Preventing elderly slips and falls
- Horizon Healthcare Institute
- Address: 3716 North Wickham Road Suite 2, Melbourne, FL 32935
- Phone: (321) 914-4533
- Website: https://www.hhi.education
The Salon Professional Academy
About the School
The Salon Professional Academy is a great institution for learning about Professional Beauty Mechanics brought about by its well-crafted program and curriculum that details everything you need to know before starting a career in beauty.
The growing demand for barbers, hairstylists, and cosmetologists is one reason to upskill in the following field: a full-time career or side hustle.
While the programs are made out of passion, there are state certifications that need to be aced to be considered as a professional in the industry, and programs at TSPA are perfect for preparing for such licensure exams.
Here are the programs offered at TSPA:
- Restricted Barber
- Facial/Skin Care
- Full Specialty
- Massage Therapy
- Nail Specialty
Courses can be taken full-time or part-time, which means costs will vary per mode you take.
If you’re looking for a more affordable or efficient way of paying for school, there are financial options to consider, as long as you qualify for the requirements.
Training is conducted with a blend of classroom classes and hands-on or practical demos.
Graduating with a beauty program entails a lot of employment opportunities, may it be in entertainment industries such as cruise ships and resorts, or through a business of their own.
- The Salon Professional Academy
- Address: 1700 W New Haven Ave, Melbourne, FL 32904
- Phone: 321-541-9471
- Website: https://www.tspamelbourne.com
My IT Future
About the School
A leading computer training provider, My IT Future caters to an extensive selection of courses which are vendor-authorized trainings, designed to speed up your IT skills and prepare you for certification exams.
It is also recognized by industry partners like Cisco, Microsoft, Project Management Professional, VMWare, CompTIA, Scrum Master, AWS, and Adobe.
The school is also adherent to online learning comfortability, which is why it offers different convenient classes online, whether it be live, on the site, or on private classes.
The huge line of courses available for your perusal can be overwhelming but asking your admission counselor can be a great step to decide on which to take.
Here’s the list of courses:
- Mobile Device and Desktop Technician – 144 hours
- Microsoft Certified Azure Administrator Associate – 40 hours
- VMware Certified Professional (VCP) – 36 hours
- Certified Ethical Hacker and Computer Hacking Forensics Investigator – 72 hours
- Cyber Security Forensic & Intrusion Analyst – 144 hours
- Cyber Security IT Professional – 180 hours
- Master Certificate in Cyber Security and Information Assurance Management – 88 hours
- A+ Certification – 36 hours
- Network+ Certification – 36 hours
- Security+ Certification – 36 hours
- Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA) – 72 hours
- Project Management Professional – 79.2 hours
- Microsoft Office Specialist – Master Level Certification (MOS) – 108 hours
- Advanced Security Practitioner CASP+ – 36 hours
- CompTIA Cybersecurity Analyst (CySA+) – 36 hours
- Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP) – 36 hours
- Information Technology Infrastructure Library Certification (ITIL) – 21.6 hours
- Front End Web Developer – 240 hours
- Back End Web Developer – 240 hours
- Software Web Developer – 220 hours
There are also different funding options to choose from such as Meritize, Climb Credit, and WIOA.
- My IT Future
- Address: 1221 Lee Road Orlando, FL 32810
- Phone: (407) 210-4200
- Web: https://myitfuture.com/
About the School
Pumped by its mission to provide affordable and effective training that is both convenient and educational, the DOXA academy fosters both quality in training and the value of life-long learning that can be gained from each class.
DOXA Academy is also approved by the Florida Board of Nursing and is licensed by the Commission for Independent Education
The school aims to offer the most up-to-date and comprehensive information available in the saif industry.
There are seven healthcare career programs at Doxa Academy.
The Practical Nursing Program is a preparation for students who want to be employed as practical nurses and requires passing the TEAS OR HESI A2, the school’s nursing entrance test.
If you want to be a caregiver under the direction of an RN or MD in various healthcare settings, then you should take the Nursing Assistant Program.
The N-CLEX RN Remediation Course is a 12-16 weeks training program that covers the content of the NCLEX-RN.
Other program offerings include:
- Phlebotomy Program
- Patient Care Technician Program
- Home Health Aide Program
- Doxa Academy
- Address: 4670 Babcock St. NE. Palm Bay, FL 32905
- Phone: 321-425-3005
- Website: https://www.doxaacademy.com
E3 Educational Services
About the School
The E3 Educational Services is all about educating and inspiring one nurse at a time, and with instructors backed by over 50 years of collective experience.
To qualify for admission, you must pass the TEAS score, and the required grade will depend on the program to be taken.
Enrollees will also need to submit a criminal background check, proof of legal residency, immunization, flu vaccination, and letters of recommendation.
The Professional Nurse Program (RN) enables you to earn an Associate Degree in Nursing Program and requires a 55% TEAS score.
Meanwhile, the Practical Nursing to Professional Nursing Track (LPN to RN) is another pathway to an associate nursing degree and also requires you to have a 55% TEAS score.
Other nursing courses are:
- Practical Nursing
- RN Board of Nursing
- PN Board of Nursing Approved Remedial Course
The Intravenous Therapy Course PN and RN is open for licensing RN, and LPN and is a hybrid program for medical upskilling.
- E3 Educational Services
- Address: 255 East Drive, Suite H, Melbourne FL 32904
- Phone: (321) 586-5852
- Website: https://www.e3educationalservices.com
Brevard Nursing Academy
About the School
The Brevard Nursing Academy aligns its services and curriculum, with its core values, mainly Human Dignity, Integrity, Diversity, Social Justice, and Excellence.
Both staff and instructors are competent professionals who have years of experience in the medical field, allowing them to contribute more actual knowledge to the classes.
At Brevard, a culture of growth is followed and practiced to ensure that it is adaptive to the ever-changing landscape of healthcare.
To become a HHA, take the school’s Home Health Aide program which doesn’t require an exam certification and speeds you to a diploma right away.
For Nursing courses, you can either take the Nursing Assistant Course – a 5-week comprehensive program for the NA State Exam, the 1-week accelerated program, to become o become a licensed Nursing Assistant (NA), or its Practical Nurse Training Program.
The Self Assistant Medication/Aide is another upskill or addition especially for HHA’s to enable them to provide medications and assistance to a living facility or a Home Health Care setting.
Meanwhile, a Phlebotomy Technician and Medical Assistant program are also available.
- Brevard Nursing Academy
- Address: 1581 R. J. Conlan Blvd Suite 106 Palm Bay, FL 32905
- Phone: (321) 914-3041
- Website: https://www.brevardnursingacademy.com
Eastern Florida State College
About the School
Situated on Wickham Road, adjacent to the Maxwell C. King Center for the Performing Arts, the Eastern Florida State College – Melbourne Campus, is also home to the Public Safety Institute, the Health Sciences Institute, and EFSC’s on-campus Student Housing Facilities.
The Melbourne campus occupies a spacious 120-acre yard, with state-of-the-art classrooms and laboratory facilities for students to utilize in pursuing their bachelor’s, associate’s, and even career technical certificates.
There are various program offerings at Eastern Florida State College.
The HVAC Training Program is a 1350-Total Clock Hour course that covers the knowledge needed to land an entry-level position in the HVAC field.
In the training, you will learn about basic refrigeration, residential systems, electrical circuitry, load calculations, installation, system service, repair, and more.
Other career and technical trades program includes:
- Accounting Technology A.S.
- Aerospace Technology A.S.
- Aviation Maintenance Administration A.S.
- Aviation Maintenance Technician
- Business Administration A.S.
- Business Entrepreneurship A.S.
- Chemical Technology A.S.
- Computer-Aided Drafting & Design A.S.
- Computer Information Technology A.S.
- Computer Programming & Analysis A.S.
- Cosmetology CTC
- Criminal Justice Technology A.S.
- Digital Television and Media Production A.S.
- Early Childhood Education A.S.
- Educator Preparation Institute Certificate
- Educational Technology Assistant A.S.
- Facial Specialty CTC
- Graphic Design Technology A.S.
- Landscape & Horticulture Technology A.S.
- Network Systems Technology A.S.
- Eastern Florida State College
- Address: 3865 North Wickham Road Melbourne, FL 32935
- Phone: 1-888-609-3313
- Web: https://www.easternflorida.edu/
Trade Schools in Florida by City
Contrary to popular opinion, not all careers require four years of post-secondary education, especially those in the trade skills sector.
You can learn a trade skill in as fast as 2 weeks, depending on the program you choose.
This is a leverage that students need to see when deciding which career to pursue.
As to where to start best, this guide can help you rank which schools to consider.