If you are among those young people who are wondering whether it is a good idea to attend a trade school program rather than a four-year university, we would like to mention that once finishing the trade school you are slightly more likely to be employed in the job field you studied and you will get the degree faster.
Compu-Med Vocational Careers, Corp
Enrollment: Compu-Med Vocational Careers, Corp has determined the admission requirements so that an applicant that really deserves the place can be enrolled as a regular student.
He/she has to possess a High School Diploma and/or to be a recipient of the General Equivalency Diploma (GED).
High School Diplomas from foreign, non-English speaking countries will be accepted if the applicant obtains in addition to a certified translation in English of the High School Diploma, a certified document stating that the translated diploma is equivalent to the High School level in the United States.
A prospective student must be 18 years old or have proof of emancipation.
The admission can be denied to any applicant for the following reasons:
- Not having proof of a High School diploma and/or its equivalent (GED).
- The applicant does not meet compulsory age requirements or does not have proof of emancipation.
- Individuals whose conduct is disruptive.
As a part of the admission procedure, an interview is conducted with the admission officers and after the interview, a tour of the school is given.
- Medical Assistant
- Patient Care Technician
- Dental Assistant
- Compu-Med Vocational Careers, Corp
- Address: 2900 W 12th Ave, Hialeah, FL 33012
- Phone: +1 305-888-9200
- Web: https://compumed.edu
CBT College – Hialeah Campus
CBT College – Hialeah Campus is proud to be accredited, and approved by the following industry organizations:
- Accredited Council of Independent Colleges & Schools (ACICS)
- The Commission for Independent Education (CIE)
- The Office of Student Financial Assistance (OSFA)
Enrollment: The admission procedure to CBT College is made easy so that everyone can apply, but not everyone will be accepted.
The admission process consists of 4 easy stages and those are:
- Initial Interview
- Financial Aid Interview
It is worth noting that before submitting the application online, applicants who did not graduate from a native English-speaking country will be required to provide adequate proof of English Language Proficiency.
The first step to academic achievement is to make contact with an Admission Representative and when meeting with him/he, you need to be sure that you have completed the following checklist:
- Valid Driver’s License or Photo I.D.
- Non-U.S. Citizens: Permanent residency card, parole documents, I-94 card, & passport.
- Social Security Card
- Letter from the U.S. Department of Children & Families including food stamps.
- High School Diploma or G.E.D., and/or College Transcripts.
- If applying for Financial Aid: Income Tax declarations form including W-2 form for the past 2 years. *Not applicable to all prospects. Please contact your Admissions Advisor for complete information regarding your application.
- Application fee of USD$ 25.
- School of Technology
- School of Business
- School of Languages
- Continuing Education
- School of Allied Health
- CBT College – Hialeah Campus
- Address: 935 W 49th St, Hialeah, FL 33012
- Phone: +1 786-693-8803
- Web: https://www.cbt.edu
South Florida Dental Assisting School
Dental Assisting Program at South Florida Dental Assisting School is certified through the Florida Board of Dentistry, as well as the Commission for Independent Education.
Enrollment: South Florida Dental Assisting School has an easy enrollment process, as they made available for future students to register from their website.
Another way of applying is by calling them at 954-445-1085 to set up a registration appointment with our Dental Assistant Program Coordinator.
He/she will guide you through the whole application process.
So as to be accepted as regular students in the Dental Assistant Program, applicants must have a high school diploma or GED or take a placement assessment exam.
South Florida Dental Assisting School graduates are nationally recognized and if you meet the above-mentioned requirements and are eager to become a dental assistant in just 12 weeks, you are highly encouraged to apply for admission.
Fees: The tuition is very affordable, considering the fact that students are supposed to pay $4,250 and a non-refundable registration fee of $25.
- Dental Assitant
- South Florida Dental Assisting School
- Address: 2387 W 68th St #310, Hialeah, FL 33016
- Phone: +1 305-469-8190
- Web: https://sfdaschool.com
The Praxis Institute
The Praxis Institute is licensed by The Commission for Independent Education Florida Department of Education and accredited by Council on Occupational Education.
Enrollment: When it comes to general admission procedures, Praxis Institute encourages applicants to visit The Praxis Institute in person and have an interview with its representatives.
The prospective student will receive a complete orientation of the program chosen, goals, requirements, cost, and duration.
According to the entrance criteria, approval for admission is granted or denied by the Campus Director, once he/she reviews all documents copies received.
The eligibility criteria for enrollment are the following:
- The applicant must be a high school graduate or have a GED equivalent diploma
- All applicants must also complete all additional admission requirements that are specific to individual programs.
- All applicants must receive an orientation about the Institution’s requirements and sign the enrollment agreement upon acceptance.
- Therapeutic Massage Technician
- Advanced Therapeutic, Sports & Clinical Massage
- Dental Assistant
- Pharmacy Technician
- Physical Therapist Assistant
- Biomedical Technology
- Occupational Therapy Assistant
- The Praxis Institute
- Address: 4162 W 12th Ave, Hialeah, FL 33012
- Phone: +1 786-577-6909
- Web: https://praxis.edu
La Belle Beauty School
La Belle Beauty is nationally accredited by the National Accrediting Commission of Career Arts and Sciences (NACCAS), licensed by The Commission for Independent Education (CIE) / Florida Department of Education (DOE) and regulated by The Department of Business and Professional Regulations (DBPR) for professions under Cosmetology and Barber.
Enrollment: La Belle Beauty School is available to individuals who meet the admission requirements.
In order to enroll, you must be at least 16 years of age and take and pass an interview with an admissions representative.
You can schedule an appointment via phone or email, or just visit campus and request to speak to an admissions representative.
You must also meet at least one of the following:
- Have a high school diploma or
- The recognized equivalent of a high school diploma, such as a GED certificate or
- Have completed homeschooling at the secondary level as defined by Florida state law.
If you are interested in enrolling in the Instructor Program, you must additionally hold a current state license in the field you wish to teach.
- Massage Therapy
- Full Specialist
- Skin Care & Makeup
- Nail Technology
- Instructor Training
- La Belle Beauty School
- Address: 1495 W 49th St, Hialeah, FL 33012
- Phone: +1 305-558-0562
- Web: https://labellebeauty.net
Futura Career Institute
Futura Career Institute is licensed by The Commission for Independent Education and accredited by The Council on Occupational Education (COE), as well as recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
Enrollment: Futura Career Institute admission requirements and procedures are the following:
A personal interview and visit to the school are required in order to enroll.
During this visit, the applicant will have an interview with the admissions representative who will provide him with the school’s catalog and evaluate the applicant’s qualifications.
So as to be allowed to attend the interview and enroll in Futura Career Institute, students must be above the compulsory age of high school or at least 16 years of age and have a High school diploma, a General Education Development (GED) Certificate or equivalent.
Prospective students are required to complete the Admission application and submit required documents:
- Proof of age
- Evidence of High School Diploma, or GED.
- Foreign students must submit the U.S Government legal status authorization
- Proper ID.
- HAIR DESIGN / BARBER
- FULL SPECIALIST
- AIR CONDITIONING REFRIGERATION TECHNICIAN
- ELECTRICAL TECHNICIAN
- Futura Career Institute
- Address: 4512 W 12th Ave, Hialeah, FL 33012
- Phone: +1 305-825-7660
- Web: http://www.futuracareerinstitute.net
Celebrity School of Beauty
Celebrity School of Beauty is licensed by the Florida Department of Education’s Commission for Independent Education and accredited by the National Accrediting Commission of Career Arts and Sciences (NACCAS).
Enrollment: Celebrity School of Beauty is proud to announce that its classes start every Monday so you can apply for enrollment whenever you are ready.
At Celebrity, the admissions process is simple as they want all the interested applicants to get the chance to enroll and the school staff will even take care of the necessary paperwork.
Even though the requirements are not so strict, still they do have a few requirements:
The applicant must be at least 16 years old, and if you apply for the Massage Therapy program, you must be at least 18 years old.
You will need to have a high school diploma, GED, state-issued credential for completion of secondary school if you are homeschooled or to satisfactorily pass an Ability to Benefit (ATB) test.
To get started, after you determined that you meet all the requirements, you can call the Admissions Office at (305) 267-7277 or submit an online registration form.
- NAIL TECHNICIAN
- MAKEUP ARTISTRY
- MASSAGE THERAPY
- SPA THERAPY
- FULL SPECIALIST
- ELECTROLYSIS & LASER TECHNICIAN
- Celebrity School of Beauty
- Address: 5090 W 12th Ave, Hialeah, FL 33012
- Phone: +1 305-639-8726
- Web: https://celebrity.edu/locations/hialeah/
Nouvelle Institute is proud to be licensed by The Commission for Independent Education and accredited by the National Accrediting Commission of Career Arts & Sciences, (NACCAS).
Enrollment: Nouvelle Institute has some general admissions requirements which refer to all the programs.
To be admitted to the school, the applicant must have a High School Diploma or an Equivalency Diploma (GED).
Those applicants who are 16 years or older and do not have a high school diploma can still be enrolled if they can show the ability to benefit from the program chosen by successfully completing the Wonderlic test.
To be considered a regular candidate for enrollment, each and every applicant must:
- Fill out the application and admission agreement.
- Provide proof of being at least 16 of age, such as a driver’s license, birth certificate, certificate of citizenship, or certificate of residency.
- Provide a high school diploma or evidence of homeschooling, GED, or academic transcript showing that the applicant completed high school
- Pay the non-refundable application fee of $25.
If the applicant is 18 years of age or younger, the signature of the applicant’s parent or legal guardian is required.
- ADVANCED COSMETOLOGY
- SKINCARE & BODY TREATMENT
- FULL SPECIALIST
- MANICURE & PEDICURE & NAIL EXTENSION
- Nouvelle Institute
- Address: 500 W 49th St #2, Hialeah, FL 33012
- Phone: +1 305-557-2427
- Web: http://nouvelleinstitute.com
MORE TECH INSTITUTE
More Tech Institute has the accreditation by the Accrediting Council for Continuing Education and Training.
Enrollment: More Tech Institute has Admissions Advisers whose main task is to explain the program of interest and guide interested applicants through the admissions process.
This means that each prospective student will have a meeting with an Admissions Advisers and it is very important to bring the following documents to that meeting:
- Valid Driver’s license or photo ID
- Proof of Citizenship for non-U.S. Citizens: permanent residency card, parole documents, I-94 card, and passport
- Social Security Card
- High school diploma or GED
So as to be considered eligible, an applicant must be at least 16 years of age, which is the age of compulsory education, have a high school diploma or GED (General Equivalency Diploma), and successfully pass the interview with the advisers.
After the interview, if both the individual and the advisor consider him/her a good match for this school, a completed preliminary application will be required.
- MEDICAL ASSISTANT
- MEDICAL CODING & BILLING SPECIALIST
- COMPUTER BUSINESS APPLICATION
- PATIENT CARE TECHNICIAN
- MORE TECH INSTITUTE
- Address: 1010 W 49th St, Hialeah, FL 33012
- Phone: +1 305-231-2520
- Web: https://www.moretechinstitute.edu
AATI - American Advanced Technician Institute
AATI – American Advanced Technician Institute is licensed by The Commission For Independent Education Florida Department of Education and accredited by the Accrediting Council For Continuing Education & Training.
Enrollment: AATI – American Advanced Technician Institute has determined some requirements for admission and the interested individuals should contact the Institute’s Admissions Office so as to talk to an Admissions Officer whose job is to will guide you through the admission procedures:
The first step towards your future career is the interview by an AATI Admissions Officer.
If you belong to the Ability-To-Benefit Students, you must take and pass the Institute’s entrance exam.
You will need to pass the ability-to-benefit Wonderlic Scholastic Achievement Test with a minimum score of 13 for any of the AATI’s programs.
Then, you need to complete all mandatory enrollment documentation and submit any other documents required such as high school diploma, GED, Identifications, etc.
Last but not least, you will have to pay the required Registration Fee.
- Automotive Technology
- Advanced Automotive Technology
- Automotive Transmission
- Certification Preparation
- Continuing Education
- AATI – American Advanced Technician Institute
- Address: 6801 W 20th Ave, Hialeah, FL 33014
- Phone: +1 305-362-5519
- Web: https://aati.edu
Trade Schools in Florida by City
If you have a specific occupational career goal in mind, we assure you that choosing a vocational school rather than a traditional college or university will be a better solution for you.
You will get your diploma and future job in a much shorter period of time and be able to start your own career.