Being that there are many people who are wondering whether it is a good idea to attend a trade school program rather than a four-year university, we will have to say that once finishing the trade school you are slightly more likely to be employed in the job field you studied.
So, we have gathered a list of the best trade schools in Long Beach to make your decision making easier and to provide you with useful data about them.
Universal Technical Institute
Universal Technical Institute is proud to be accredited by the Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges (ACCSC).
Enrollment: In order to be eligible to apply, you are supposed to first meet the enrollment requirements.
The school’s admission office has determined the following entrance requirements
The prospective student must submit one of the following:
- A high school diploma recognized by the student’s state
- It can be a copy of the diploma or a transcript provided by the high school.
- State-issued GED or state-authorized equivalent exam.
- Evidence of having previously attended a Title IV-eligible program at a post-secondary institution under the Ability to Benefit (ATB).
- Successful completion of a degree program at the postsecondary level or successful completion of an officially recognized homeschooling program.
Fees: On the official website students can find the Tuition Estimator – Net Price Calculator which is designed to help them determine financial aid eligibility.
Students can speak with the admission representative about the tuition costs, as well.
Some of the programs offered are:
- CNC Machining
- Collision Repair
- Universal Technical Institute
- Address: 4175 E Conant St, Long Beach, CA 90808
- Phone: +1 562-541-7000
- Web: https://www.uti.edu/locations/california/long-beach
North-West College - Long Beach
North-West College – Riverside is institutionally accredited by the Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges (ACCSC).
Enrollment: Interested students who want to apply to the College must possess a high school diploma or equivalent or complete the Wonderlic Scholastic Level Exam (SLE) assessment during the enrollment process.
The school requires that the applicant achieves a required minimum score for the applicable program of study.
Furthermore, North-West College requires applicants who meet the above-mentioned criteria to complete an admissions interview and tour of the College.
Additionally, they need to provide or request official high school graduation or applicable equivalent documentation.
The eligible applicants will have to take and pass a standardized basic skills assessment, being that the College does not require ACT or SAT scores for admission.
Finally, prospective students are supposed to complete all necessary paperwork for admission including completion of a College Enrollment Agreement.
Fees: You are supposed to pay the $100 Registration Fee.
- Dental Assistant
- Diagnostic Medical Sonographer
- Eyecare Specialist
- Massage Therapist
- Medical Administrative Assistant
- Medical Assistant
- Medical Insurance Biller & Coder
- Business Office Administration
- Pharmacy Technician
- Surgical Technology
- Vocational Nursing Program
- Associate of Science in Health Care Administration
- Associate of Arts in Nursing
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (RN to BSN)
- Online Medical Billing & Coding
- Accelerated Alternate Delivery Program in Surgical Technology
- North-West College – Long Beach
- Address: 3799 E Burnett St, Long Beach, CA 90815,
- Phone: +1 562-546-5171
- Web: https://www.nw.edu
Long Beach City College-Trades & Industrial Technology Department
Long Beach City College is accredited by the Accrediting Commission for Community and Junior Colleges, Western Association of Schools and Colleges.
Enrollment: Long Beach City College is considered one of California’s premier community colleges.
It is well known for its excellent programs of study, as well as the huge support they provide to its students.
Interested applicants will be given how-to guides on the application process from start to finish.
The Admissions & Records office is the first stop for new students, and its representatives will assist you in registering for classes and preparing for your first semester.
Some courses require a prerequisite and you can meet prerequisite requirements by qualification through the assessment test and be placed in that course or by completing the prerequisite course with a grade of Pass, C or better.
High school coursework must have a grade of B or better for math courses and cannot exceed 5 years.
These are just some of the courses offered:
- Administration of Justice
- Advanced Manufacturing Technology
- Advanced Transportation Technology
- Alcohol & Drug Studies
- Architectural Design
- Automotive Technology
- Baking & Pastry Arts
- Biological Sciences
- Business Administration
- Business Information Worker
- Child Development: Early Childhood Education
- College & Workforce Preparation
- Communication Studies
- Computer Science
- Computer Security & Networking
- Computer Support Specialist
- Computer Technology
- Construction Technology
- Culinary Arts
- Long Beach City College-Trades & Industrial Technology Department
- Address: 1305 Pacific Coast Hwy, Long Beach, CA 90806
- Phone: +1 562-938-3157
- Web: https://www.lbcc.edu
Trident School of Nursing
Enrollment: If you are wondering what the requirements for the CNA Program are, we are here to answer your question/
The student has to be aged 16 or older, he/she has to possess the legal right to work in the United States and has no Disqualifying Criminal Background.
What students find great is that there is no High School Diploma requirement for the enrollment.
More information related to additional requirements can be found on the Aide and Tech Certification page.
Within 3 days from the payment, the school admission staff will contact you by email to confirm receipt of payment and your class registration.
Home Health Aide is 40 hours program that is only available to those who have completed CNA training.
Fees: The CNA program cost is $1, 700 if paid in full on or before the first day of class.
This tuition covers all the costs for the program, such as registration, books, stethoscope, pressure cuff, etc
Trident School of Nursing requires the payment of the $250 registration and administration fee which is non-refundable.
- Home Health Aide (HHA)
- Trident School of Nursing
- Address: 2047 Orange Ave, Long Beach, CA 90806
- Phone: +1 562-253-0094
- Web: http://tridentnursingschool.com
John Wesley International Barber & Beauty College
Enrollment: The enrollment into John Wesley International Barber & Beauty College is not too complicated, but there are some admission requirements that applicants must meet.
Enrollees can become regular students under one of the following criteria:
Applicant must provide a copy of his/her High School Diploma or High School Transcript or GED, and in case they do not possess any of these, they must pass an admissions test -WonderlicTest SLE 4 with a minimum score of 15 or higher as stated in the test publisher’s guidelines.
Students must be at least 18 years old, must have completed the 10th-grade education level or its equivalent as required by the Board of Barbering and Cosmetology and pass an Ability to Benefit exam prior to admission.
The school does not accept students already attending or admitted to another school offering a similar program of study.
All of the courses are designed to prepare students for the state licensing examination and for profitable employment.
- COSMETOLOGY COURSE (1,600 Clock Hours)
- BARBER COURSE: (1,500 Clock Hours)
- COSMETOLOGY/BARBERING CROSSOVER: (200 Clock Hours)
- John Wesley International Barber & Beauty College
- Address: 717 Pine Ave, Long Beach, CA 90813
- Phone: +1 562-435-7060
- Web: https://www.johnwesleybarberbeauty.com
National University - Long Beach, California Online Information Center
Enrollment: National University accepts applications for admission all throughout the year, meaning that students have a chance to begin classes any month of the year.
The admission is available only if you apply securely online with a $60 application fee.
You will need to provide your ACT or SAT test scores as well as your High School diploma or GED equivalent and transcripts.
The school staff understands that enrolling in a university is a big decision, so they have a dedicated admissions team that will guide applicants through the admissions process and help them choose the right program in line with their career goals.
Prospective National University students can apply securely online and online applications are available for both bachelor’s and master’s degree programs or they can call 855-355-6288 to speak with a National University admissions advisor.
Be aware of the fact that each degree program may have additional admission requirements.
- Teaching & Education
- Business & Marketing
- Healthcare & Nursing
- Social Sciences & Psychology
- Engineering & Technology
- Criminal Justice & Law
- Arts & Humanities
- Science & Math
- National University – Long Beach, California Online Information Center
- Address: 7557 Carson Blvd, Long Beach, CA 90808
- Phone: +1 562-377-1960
- Web: https://www.nu.edu
Aces High Aviation
Enrollment: In case you are among those few ones who are eager to pursue their dream of flying, you can start fulfilling your dream at Aces High Aviation.
You have an option to schedule a demo flight or schedule a time to meet with Aces High Management.
During that meeting, you can ask as many questions as you can and learn about the entire process.
Not everyone can fly the plane, so you do have to be at least 17 years old before you can solo fly an airplane and you need to reach the following requirements before you can be issued a private pilot certificate.
Requirements listed by the FAA are
- Be at least 17 years of age
- Be able to read, write, and converse fluently in English
- Obtain at least a third-class FAA medical certificate
- Receive and log ground training from an authorized instructor or complete a home-study course
- Pass a knowledge test with a score of 70% or better.
- Log at least 40 hours of flight time that includes at least 20 hours of flight training from an authorized instructor and 10 hours of solo flight training
- Receive a total of 40 hours of flight instruction and solo flight time and demonstrate skill
- Successfully complete a practical test given as a final exam by an FAA inspector or designated pilot examiner and conducted as specified in the FAA’s Private Pilot Practical Test Standards.
- Aces High Aviation
- Address: 3501 N Lakewood Blvd, Long Beach, CA 90808
- Phone: +1 562-726-3719
- Web: https://aceshighaviation.com
Panacea Holistic Institute
Enrollment: Panacea Holistic Institute is open Monday – Thursday 10 am- 4 pm for facility tours and enrollment interviews, so you can schedule your tour whenever suits you best.
If you decide to schedule an enrollment interview, you can talk about your financial planning.
The admission process requires the completion of an application and the submission of a $33 application fee via the online portal.
Upon acceptance, you will be required to virtually complete enrollment.
Admission Requirements are the following:
- High school diploma or GED
- A doctor’s physical and approval to ensure their ability to thrive as a Massage therapist.
- Physical strength and joint health sufficient to perform tasks required of a Massage Therapist
- Valid government identification
- A student visa required.
Some of the courses are:
- History of Massage Therapy
- Ethics of Massage Therapy
- Eastern Approaches to Holistic Health
- Table Thai
- Ayurveda for Bodyworkers
- Sports Therapy
- Palliative Care
- Mama Massage
- Sound Therapy
- Panacea Holistic Institute
- Address: 2841 E Broadway, Long Beach, CA 90814
- Phone: +1 442-444-2515
- Web: https://panaceaholisticeducation.org
Conservation Corps of Long Beach
The main aim of the Conservation Corps of Long Beach is to connect at-risk youth to their communities through work, education, and conservation in partnership with local, state, and federal organizations.
Enrollment: If you have an interest in attending the Conservation Corps of Long Beach programs, you are in the right place.
We decided to help future students get all the necessary information related to the admission process.
What you are supposed to do is to download and fill out the Student Application Form available on the school’s official website and Upload it at Join Our Team.
By filling out the application below you will get in touch with the admission representative whose job is to guide you through the application process.
Some of the questions you will be asked throughout the application are:
- How did you learn about the school?
- Do you speak a language other than English?
- Are you currently employed?
You will also have to provide previous school and enrollment detail.
- Education-Work Program
- Work & Skills Program
- Apprenticeship Program
- Conservation Corps of Long Beach
- Address: 340 Nieto Ave, Long Beach, CA 90814
- Phone: +1 562-986-1249
- Web: http://www.cclb-corps.org
Borner's Barber College, Inc
The College is institutionally accredited by The State Board of Barbering and Cosmetology, The Bureau for Private Postsecondary and Vocational Education, The Department of Rehabilitation, The California Barber Association and NACCAS.
Enrollment: Admission requirements for Borner’s Barber College are the following:
The applicant is either accepted or rejected on the basis of ability, character recommendation by references, general aptitude, and admissions exams.
All applicants considered for admission to College must take an entrance exam, have a High School Diploma or GED, proof of age and have a social security number.
Borner’s Barber College does not accept students from other schools.
On the first day of class, students must bring:
- Picture ID (Driver’s License or California ID)
- Social Security Card
- High School Diploma or GED
- $50 Registration Fee
- $250 Textbook Fee
The fees that students have to pay are:
- Registration Fee $50
- Student Tuition Recovery Fund
- Tuition $13,000
- Kit, Supplies, and Books $ 1,050
- Total Price $14,100.00
Furthermore, students will need to pay the license & State Exam Fees:
- State Exam Fee $75
- License Fee $50
- Total Fees: $125
- Borner’s Barber College, Inc
- Address: 5723 Atlantic Ave, Long Beach, CA 90805
- Phone: +1 562-428-5100
- Web: http://bornersbarbercollege.com
Trade Schools in California by City
If you have a specific occupational career goal in mind, we suggest that you choose a vocational school rather than a traditional college or university.
By enrolling in any of the schools form our list, you will be able to get your diploma and future job in a much shorter period of time while at the same time getting a quality education.