Considering the fact that we know that all children deserve to get a great education, we have decided to help them and their parents get proper information about some of the best schools in Bakersfield, CA, so as no to regret their decisions.
After reading this article, you can be sure that you have found only the best schools.
UEI College - Bakersfield
UEI College is proud to be licensed by the Arizona State Board for Private Postsecondary Education and accredited by the Accrediting Council for Continuing Education and Training (ACCET).
Enrollment: If you are interested in applying, you should be aware of the fact that not everyone is eligible to enroll in this college.
The enrollment requirements that you must meet are the following:
- An eligible applicant is a person who is at least 17 years of age.
- Applicants must be high school graduates or have a General Educational Development (GED) certificate.
Once you determine your eligibility, you can start the application process, which requires that you provide Proof of Graduation in the form of a transcript or diploma or a Copy of the General Education Diploma (GED) certificate.
All applicants must also complete the Official College Application so as to be accepted as regular candidates for enrollment.
Those who possess a degree from a country out of the United States, the degree must be translated into English, evaluated by a qualified agency and notarized.
Fees: At the moment of applying, you need to pay a $50 registration fee.
The tuition costs are estimated to be $19,900.
- DENTAL ASSISTANT
- HEATING, VENTILATION AND AIR CONDITIONING
- MEDICAL ASSISTANT
- MEDICAL BILLING AND INSURANCE CODING
- UEI College – Bakersfield
- Address: 3737 Rosedale Hwy, Bakersfield, CA 93308
- Phone: +1 661-846-2244
- Web: https://www.uei.edu/trade-school/california/bakersfield
San Joaquin Valley College is accredited by the Accrediting Commission for Community and Junior Colleges, Western Association of Schools and Colleges.
Enrollment: What we have to offer you are the admissions requirements set by the school’s committee that you must meet to Enroll at SJVC.
You can choose to talk to the Admissions Department representative whose job is to help and assist prospective students to select the programs that best suit their needs and qualifications.
SJVC has determined the following admission procedures and requirements:
- Applicants must possess a high school diploma or the equivalent.
- Applicants must participate in an interview with an Admissions Representative.
- Applicants to on-ground programs must participate in an admissions assessment.
- Applicants must meet with either the Enrollment Services Director or a campus manager or their designee for an acceptance interview.
- In addition to this acceptance interview, applicants may be required to meet with the Director of their selected program.
- Applicants must meet with the Financial Services Department to confirm arrangements to meet tuition obligations.
- Once all these are completed the applicant will sign an Enrollment Agreement.
- Business & Criminal Justice
- Medical & Dental
- Trades & Industrial
- Prerequisite Courses
- Professional Development & Training
- SJVC Bakersfield
- Address: 201 New Stine Rd, Bakersfield, CA 93309
- Phone: +1 661-834-0126
- Web: https://www.sjvc.edu
Advanced Career Institute
Enrollment: The eligibility requirements for the admission to ACI and the Welding Technology programs are:
- The applicant must have a high school diploma or equivalent.
- The applicant must possess the physical ability to carry out the tasks associated with the welding industry.
On the other hand, the admission to ACI and the Professional Truck Driver program is allowed only to the candidates who meet the following:
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- The U.S. Department of Transportation (DOT) requires that all interstate drivers be at least 21 years of age.
- Must have a high school diploma or equivalent.
- Must provide a driving record free of current serious violations
- Must be able to pass a Department of Transportation (DOT) physical as required by Federal & State agencies.
- Must be able to pass a drug screen when administered.
- Have no felony convictions in the past five (5) years.
Fees: Tuition and registration costs vary by program, but it is good to know that it includes all books, supplies, and materials needed for the program.
Your costs will also vary depending on your qualifications for any types of financial assistance and the best way to find out the real price of education there is to contact an Admissions Representative who will, during an interview, give you an accurate answer on tuition costs and tuition assistance options available to you.
- Professional Truck Driver
- Welding Technology
- Advanced Career Institute
- Address: 2925 Mosasco St unit b, Bakersfield, CA 93312
- Phone: +1 661-588-3525
- Web: https://advanced.edu
Milan Institute - Bakersfield Central
Enrollment: The only way of applying and scheduling a tour is by submitting an online application form.
You should visit the official website and fill out all the fields marked with an * as they are required and if you do not fill them all, your application will be considered incomplete.
The eligibility requirements vary depending on the program you choose to enroll in.
Admission into the school’s Medical Assisting, Massage Therapy, Cosmetology, Barbering and Esthetician Program requires the prospective student to have a High School Diploma (HSD) or a High School Equivalency Diploma (HSED).
Cosmetology, Barbering and Esthetician Program students are required to be beyond the age of compulsory school attendance and must be 17 years old upon completion of the program.
Admission into the school’s programs requires that applicants provide a copy of the HS diploma, HSED certificate, or transcripts showing high school completion.
Admission procedures include individual advising, explanation of course descriptions, a meeting with financial aid, a tour of the campus, and orientation.
Upon acceptance, the applicant must complete an enrollment agreement.
- Massage Therapy
- Medical Assisting
- Milan Institute – Bakersfield Central
- Address: 2822 F St suite h, Bakersfield, CA 93301
- Phone: +1 661-335-5900
- Web: https://milaninstitute.edu
SBB College - Bakersfield Campus
The school is proud to be recognized by the Accrediting Council for Independent Colleges and Schools.
Enrollment: SBB College – Bakersfield Campus has determined certain admission requirements that each applicant must meet prior to enrollment.
Here we offer you the requirements for admission to the College.
- Each applicant must have a high school diploma or GED
- He/she has to demonstrate the desire to achieve career success
- He/she has to complete the simple application process which is done online.
If you do not possess a high school diploma or GED, you would be glad to know that some SBBCollege campuses offer a GED preparation course designed to prepare students to pass all five areas of the GED exam – reading, writing, math, science and social studies.
Students who are eligible to enroll in the College should fill out this initial request to apply and once this is received, an admissions associate will contact you to guide you through our steps to admission.
Make sure that all fields marked * are completed.
Otherwise, your application will be considered incomplete.
Besides answering the questions about yourself, you will be asked the following:
- Are you a US citizen or do you have permission to study in the US?
- What do you want to study?
- Where do you want to study?
- What are you hoping to achieve with an education from SBBCollege?
- How quickly are you hoping to begin taking classes at SBBCollege?
- How did you hear about SBBCollege?
- Medical Assisting
- Medical Office Administration
- Medical Office Administration
- Pharmacy Technology
- Vocational Nursing
- Business Administration
- Heating, Ventilation, and Air Conditioning
- SBBCollege – Bakersfield Campus
- Address: 5300 California Ave, Bakersfield, CA 93304
- Phone: +1 866-749-7222
- Web: https://sbbcollege.edu
Enrollment: Altamont Healthcare is not a school where everyone can enroll.
It is good to know that its admission staff is dedicated to assist and guide students in the application process.
That way, the enrolling is made simple, and all you need to do is meet these requirements:
- You must be at least 18 years old.
- You must have at least a high school-level education or GED.
- You must have a valid, government-issued ID
Each program has its own additional admission requirements and you need to get familiar with them.
Fees: When it comes to the payment of your education, you should have in mind that the registration fee and tuition fee are the same across the EKG and SPD Technician programs, and the registration is $420 and the remaining tuition is $1,980.
The CPR/BLS Certification course is $75.
The school is there to support its students, so they offer three payment options:
- Option #1: Full payment with 10% discount on tuition payment – $1,782.00
- Option #2: The payment of $660 at the time of enrollment and the remaining amount of $1,273 during the coursework.
- Option #3: Tuition is paid in three equal terms of $660.00 per installment.
- SPDT CERTIFICATION PROGRAM
- EKG TECH PROGRAM
- SURGICAL TECH PROGRAM
- CPR/BLS CERTIFICATION
- EXTERNSHIP PROGRAM
- ENDOSCOPE REPROCESSING CERTIFICATION
- Altamont Healthcare
- Address: 4420 Easton Dr #200, Bakersfield, CA 93309
- Phone: +1 661-230-6316
- Web: https://www.altamonthealthcare.com
Bakersfield Adult School
Bakersfield Adult School belongs to Santa Barbara Business College that is accredited by the Accrediting Council for Independent Colleges and Schools, to award diplomas, associate’s degrees, bachelor’s degrees, and master’s degrees.
Enrollment: The school’s admission office has determined the enrollment requirements.
The eligible student has to be 18 years or older and the enrollment highly depends upon classroom space availability.
Each program has enrolment requirements to be met.
Here are some examples:
Business and Computer Classes do not require any assessment and you can apply by filling out Registration Form available on the official website.
You can also contact the counseling office by phone at 661.396.4423 for more information.
Most other classes require assessment, such as Diploma, GED, ABE or ESL Classes.
Students must assess each fiscal year and you do not need to schedule an appointment, but just use the assessment schedule available on the official website to determine when and where to appear.
- High School Diploma
- Independent Study
- GED Preparation
- English as a Second Language
- Job Training
- Adult Basic Education
- Older Adults
- Cafe 1600
- Special Programs
- Bakersfield Adult School
- Address: 501 S Mt Vernon Ave, Bakersfield, CA 93307
- Phone: +1 661-835-1855
- Web: https://bas.kernhigh.org
Unitek College Bakersfield Campus
Unitek College is a private institution that is proud to be approved to operate by the California Bureau for Private Postsecondary Education and accredited by Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges (ACCSC).
Enrollment: Each applicant has to get familiar with the eligibility and admission requirements prior to apply for enrollment.
You need to complete the form available on the official website so as to start your admission process, and once it is received, the Admissions department will contact you.
The eligibility requirements for attending Unitek College San Jose Campus are:
The eligible applicant must be 17 years of age or older.
Applicants who are 17 at the time of enrollment must have a parent or legal guardian sign the enrollment agreement.
They must provide proof of high school completion and a Valid ID.
Also, eligible applicants must be U.S. citizens, national or eligible permanent residents of the United States and they must possess a valid social security number or Federal Tax ID number.
Last, but not least, applicants must achieve the program’s passing score on the entrance exam.
- NURSING PROGRAMS
- MEDICAL ASSISTING
- MEDICAL OFFICE ADMINISTRATION
- DENTAL ASSISTING
- INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY
- Unitek College Bakersfield Campus
- Address: 333 Palmer Dr. Suite 200, Bakersfield, CA 93309
- Phone: +1 888-912-8512
- Web: https://www.unitekcollege.edu
Bakersfield College is accredited by the Accrediting Commission for Community and Junior Colleges, Western Association of Schools and Colleges.
Enrollment: Bakersfield College provides:
- an admission process
- placement process
- academic advising to complete comprehensive educational plans
- quality instruction
- a wide variety of courses
- referral to support services as necessary
- follow up services for academic progress
Interested students must meet the Academic Eligibility so as to be accepted as regular candidates for enrollment.
They must be high school graduates, or in possession of a Certificate of Proficiency or a General Education Development degree (GED).
Any person 18 years of age or older who is not a high school graduate may be admitted if previous training or experience indicates that he/she will profit from the offerings of the college, but they must have the approval of the Director of Enrollment Services.
- Agriculture, Nutrition & Culinary Arts Arts, Humanities & Communication
- Learning & Career Pathways Business BUS with hands shaking icon, logo.
- Health Sciences
- Industrial Technology & Transportation
- Public Safety Training
- Social & Behavioral Sciences
- Personal & Career Exploration.
- Bakersfield College
- Address: 1801 Panorama Dr, Bakersfield, CA 93305
- Phone: +1 661-395-4011
- Web: https://www.bakersfieldcollege.edu
Liberty Career College
Enrollment: We have to offer you the admissions requirements that you must meet and students are encouraged to apply for admissions as soon as possible if they are able to fulfill them.
All applicants are required to complete an interview with an admissions representative prior to acceptance, during which they will be given a catalog and will have an opportunity to ask questions.
Students with prior felony convictions may be denied a license or certification to practice in some states, even though the program or exam is taken and successfully completed.
Foreign students must have their high school transcripts evaluated by the American Association of Collegiate Registrars and Admissions Officers (AACRAO).
All students, regardless of what program they are enrolling in, are required to provide a U.S. high school diploma or GED equivalent before enrolling or evaluated transcripts from AACRAO declaring a minimum of U.S. high school education.
The following documents must be completed and submitted at the time of application:
- Completion of an Application for Admission
- Submission of Passed ATB Test by 3rd party agency, if the applicant is from a foreign country.
- Photo ID
- Submission of U.S. High School Diploma or GED Equivalent
- Acknowledgment of receipt of the School Performance Fact Sheet prior to signing the Enrollment Agreement document.
- Review and Signing of the Enrollment Agreement
- MEDICAL ASSISTANT – $3100
- PHARMACY TECHNICIAN – $2500
- PHLEBOTOMY TECHNICIAN-I – $1900
- MEDICAL ASSISTANT
- PHARMACY TECHNICIAN
- PHLEBOTOMY TECHNICIAN-I
- Liberty Career College
- Address: 906 19th St, Bakersfield, CA 93301
- Phone: +1 661-322-3030
- Web: http://www.libertycareercollege.com
Trade Schools in California by City
It is true that choosing a school can be a very stressful experience, so we have written this short guide with the aim to make you less worried about finding a place where you or the children will get a quality education.
Whichever school you choose from our list, we assure you that you will not regret your decision.