What we have to offer you is this article aimed at helping a great number of people looking for the right school in Fresno.
Actually, we have created short reviews about the ten best trade schools in this area.
Our list is made based on our evaluation of the school’s performance and quality and after reading it, you will have the idea what kind of school you are in search of.
UEI College - Fresno
UEI College is proud to be licensed by the Arizona State Board for Private Postsecondary Education and accredited by the Accrediting Council for Continuing Education and Training (ACCET).
Enrollment: The enrollment requirements for this college are the following:
- All applicants must be at least 17 years of age.
- They must be high school graduates or have a General Educational Development (GED) certificate.
- The application procedure is made so all eligible applicants should provide Proof of Graduation in the form of a transcript or diploma or a Copy of the General Education Diploma (GED) certificate.
- All applicants must also complete the Official College Application.
In case you possess a degree from a country out of the United States, it must be translated into English, evaluated by a qualified agency and notarized.
If you meet the requirements, do not waste your time, but once the application process opens, you should apply.
Fees: The eligible applicants are supposed to pay a $50 registration fee at the moment of applying, plus the tuition costs which are estimated to be $19,900.
- DENTAL ASSISTANT
- HEATING, VENTILATION AND AIR CONDITIONING
- MEDICAL ASSISTANT
- MEDICAL BILLING AND INSURANCE CODING
- UEI College – Fresno
- Address: 3602 N Blackstone Ave #0268, Fresno, CA 93726
- Phone: +1 559-761-1442
- Web: https://www.uei.edu/trade-school/california/fresno
San Joaquin Valley College is accredited by the Accrediting Commission for Community and Junior Colleges, Western Association of Schools and Colleges.
Enrollment: Here are the admissions requirements set by the school’s committee that each applicant must meet to be allowed to enroll at SJVC.
The first step is to have a meeting with the Admissions Department representative who is there to ensure that prospective students are a good match for the selected program of interest.
These are the admission requirements:
- Applicants must possess a high school diploma or the equivalent to be eligible to apply.
- He/she has to pass an interview with an Admissions Representative.
- Those applicants who want to enroll in on-ground programs must participate in an admissions assessment.
- They must have a meeting with the Enrollment Services Director or a campus manager or their designee for an acceptance interview.
- Applicants may be required to meet with the Director of their selected program.
- Applicants must meet with the Financial Services Department
- Last, but not least, the applicant will sign an Enrollment Agreement.
- Business & Criminal Justice
- Medical & Dental
- Trades & Industrial
- Prerequisite Courses
- Professional Development & Training
- SJVC Fresno
- Address: 295 E Sierra Ave, Fresno, CA 93710
- Phone: +1 559-448-8282
- Web: https://www.sjvc.edu/campuses/central-california/fresno
Advanced Career Institute
Enrollment: You will need to meet the eligibility requirements for the admission and they vary by the program you choose to attend.
If you want to enroll in ACI and the Welding Technology programs you must have a high school diploma or equivalent and must possess the physical ability to carry out the tasks associated with the welding industry.
On the other hand, if you want to enroll in the Professional Truck Driver program, you need to meet the following:
- You must be at least 18 years of age, being that the U.S. Department of Transportation (DOT) requires that all interstate drivers be at least 21 years of age.
- You must have a high school diploma or equivalent and must provide a driving record free of current serious violations
- You must be able to pass a Department of Transportation (DOT) physical as well as pass a drug screen when administered.
- You should not have felony convictions in the past five years.
Fees: We cannot tell you the exact price of tuition, as it varies by program and depends on your qualifications for any type of financial assistance,
But, it is good to know that it includes all books, supplies, and materials needed for the program.
You can find out tuition costs by contacting an Admissions Representative who is there to give you an accurate answer on tuition costs and tuition assistance options available to you.
- Professional Truck Driver
- Welding Technology
- Advanced Career Institute
- Address: 2953 S East Ave, Fresno, CA 93725
- Phone: +1 559-441-4345
- Web: https://advanced.edu
Enrollment: What you need to do in order to apply and schedule a tour is to submit an online application form available on the official website.
Make sure you fill out all the fields marked with an * as they are required.
Otherwise, your application will be considered incomplete.
The eligibility requirements vary depending on the program you select to enroll in.
Medical Assisting, Massage Therapy, Cosmetology, Barbering and Esthetician Program requires that applicants have a High School Diploma (HSD) or a High School Equivalency Diploma (HSED).
Cosmetology, Barbering and Esthetician Program students are required to be 17 years old upon completion of the program.
So as to be accepted into the school’s programs, the applicant must provide a copy of the HS diploma, HSED certificate, or transcripts showing high school completion.
Admission procedures consist of ndividual advising, explanation of course descriptions and a meeting with financial aid during the tour of the campus.
If you happen to be accepted, you must complete an enrollment agreement.
- Massage Therapy
- Medical Assisting
- Milan Institute
- Address: 255 W Bullard Ave, Fresno, CA 93704
- Phone: +1 559-323-2800
- Web: https://milaninstitute.edu
Gurnick Academy of Medical Arts holds national institutional accreditation by the Accrediting Bureau for Health Education Schools(ABHES).
Enrollment: What we have to offer you are some general admission requirements that you must meet if you want to become a regular applicant to the Academy.
You must meet with the program’s Admission Advisor to receive information prior to enrolling with the Gurnick Academy of Medical Arts.
Also, you need to meet with Financial Aid Advisor and this requirement is not applicable for non-financial aid programs.
You are supposed to pay all applicable fees.
The applicant has to possess a High School Diploma from an approved/accredited high school or a GED; and be at least 18 years of age.
This will be proved by the official ID.
You must complete the entrance exam with the minimum score required, except for the BSN Program.
The applicant must comply with all Gurnick Academy requirements for Immunizations, Health Screening, Background Check and CPR/First Aid policy.
Last but not least, you must comply with the Additional Admission Requirements per Program and have the ability to read and write English.
Gurnick Academy of Medical Arts holds national institutional accreditation by the Accrediting Bureau for Health Education Schools(ABHES).
- Certificate Programs
- Diploma Programs
- Associate Degree Programs
- Bachelor Degree Programs
- CE Courses
- International Nurse Graduate Courses
- Gurnick Academy
- Address: 7335 N Palm Bluffs Ave, Fresno, CA 93711,
- Phone: +1 559-222-1903
- Web: https://www.gurnick.edu
JB Aeronautics | Career Pilot Training
JB Aeronautics is FAA Approved under FAR Part 141, Air Agency Number 1J8S983L.
Enrollment: These are the enrollment requirements that each applicant must meet so as to be accepted at JB Aeronautics | Career Pilot Training.
When it comes to age requirements, Private Pilot students must be at least 16 years of age to solo and 17 years of age for FAA Certification.
Commercial Pilot students must be at least 18 years of age.
An FAA Pilot Certificate holders must be able to read, speak, write and understand the English language and have at least English Level 4 English ability
When the medical requirements are in question, for Student, Private, Instrument, Commercial and Flight Instructor you must hold at least an FAA Third Class Medical Certificate to solo as a student or take an FAA Practical Test for Airman Certification.
A good thing to know is that there is no education requirement for an FAA pilot certificate, but a High School Diploma is recommended for a Commercial Pilot Certificate.
Furthermore, at least 2 years of college or equivalent work experience is necessary for a Flight Instructor Certificate.
You must be a U.S. Citizen or a Foreign National with a valid work permit.
- Private Pilot Certificate
- Instrument Certificate
- Commercial Certificate
- Multiengine Certificate
- Flight Instructor Certificate
- JB Aeronautics | Career Pilot Training
- Address: 4955 E Andersen Ave #117, Fresno, CA 93727
- Phone: +1 559-293-4988
- Web: https://www.jbaeronautics.com
National University Polytechnic Institute
Enrollment: If you are a person ready to apply for the Emergency Medical Technician Program at National University Polytechnic Institute, you can start your educational journey by filling out our ‘Academic Certificate Programs’ application at www.nu.edu/el-apply.
Once you fill out your online application, you can call a Student Services Coordinator at 858-642-8600 to complete the next enrollment steps.
Applicants must be at least 18 years old and have a high school diploma or GED equivalent from a regionally accredited high school or adult learning program.
You need to possess a CPR Card, and in case you do not have a card, you can either attain one before the start of the program or pay an additional $50 to certify through our program.
There is a $60 application fee to enroll in the EMT program.
The last step includes the confirmation of your enrollment which takes place once your CPR card has been verified or paid for, and your application fee has been paid.
It can be either a verbal confirmation at 858-642-8600 or written confirmation at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Transcripts can be submitted at any point during the admissions process.
Fees: Class Tuition is $733.50 due at the beginning of each course / $1467.00 total.
- ACLS Certification
- BLS Certification
- PALS Certification
- PHTLS Certification
- CA EMT Skills Enhancement
- EMT Pre-Employment Skills
- National University Polytechnic Institute
- Address: 20 River Park Pl W, Fresno, CA 93720
- Phone: +1 800-432-3483
- Web: https://nupolytech.org/emt-schools-fresno/
United Truck Driving School
Enrollment: Here we offer you all the admission requirements for enrollment into United Truck Driving School.
Applicants must be 18 years of age or older and possess a High School Diploma or GED or will be required to take Wonderlic Basic Skills Test.
He/she need to be able to read, write and comprehend English, taking into consideration the fact that all classes are taught in English.
If an applicant has more than two moving violations and/or DUI’s, the Admissions Representative will inform the applicant that job placement may be limited and with some companies.
In case an applicant has any felony convictions or any medical disabilities, the Admission Representative will notify the applicant of any employment or federal restrictions that may apply to job placement.
He/she needs to obtain a 10 year Department of Motor Vehicle, (DMV) print out and pass a Department of Transportation, (DOT), physical, and Drug Screening.
People who meet the admission requirements must visit the campus and complete the Interview Questionnaire and Enrollment Application.
Fees: Applicants are supposed to pay the Registration Fee of $100 which is non-refundable, as well some other fees, such as Drug Screen $50, DOT Physical $70, DMV Permit $75 and DMV Printout $5.00, which are all non-refundable.
- United Truck Driving School
- Address: 4525 E-Commerce Ave, Fresno, CA 93725
- Phone: +1 559-264-7071
- Web: http://www.unitedtruckschool.com
Mid California Truck School
Enrollment: For all those people interested in enrolling, it is worth mentioning the requirements set by the school’s admission office.
Class A Learner’s Permit requirements are that you obtain your Commercial Learner’s Permit from any California DMV Office and pass the Written Test which consists of four components: General Knowledge, Air Brakes, Combination & Class C Car Knowledge.
Good Driving Record: You will need to provide a Driver Record Printout from the DMV whose aim is to show that you are not a dangerous driver.
Current Medical Examination means that you provide a complete copy of your Medical Examination.
D.O.T. Drug Test: Before being allowed to operate a Commercial Motor Vehicle on the road, you must first pass A D.O.T. Regulated Drug Test.
Willing to Learn Mentality, as the most important factor, which will decide how long it will take you to master the program.
If all the above-mentioned requirements are met, you just need to call for enrollment at 1 (559) 682-0008.
- Professional CDL Class A Truck Driver Training
- Mid California Truck School
- Address: 3667 S Bagley Ave, Fresno, CA 93725
- Phone: +1 559-682-0008
- Web: https://midcaltruckschool.com
Fresno City College: Career and Technology Center
Enrollment: Fresno City College is available for enrollment to all qualified students over the age of 18 and in case you are a High School junior or senior, you may apply if you have permission from your parents, High School counselor, and High School principal.
Education requirements that you must meet so as to enroll are:
- High School Diploma
- General Education Development (GED), or
- passed California High School Proficiency Exam (CHSPE).
It is worth mentioning that full-time Provisional Students, meaning those under 18 years of age, must enroll in 12 units or more and earn a GPA of 1.75 or greater their first semester to continue enrollment, while part-time students enrolled in less than 12 units do not need to meet this requirement.
You need to have a California residency or military service documented for In-State Tuition.
The application process consists of four steps.
You should start your application at CCCapply by creating an OpenCCC account.
Once your application is submitted, you will receive a notification email with your College Student ID for the State Center Community College District (SCCCD) as well as login information for your student portal.
Then, you need to complete the Online Orientation and meet with a Counselor.
The last step is to register for classes.
These are just some of the programs offered:
- Administration of Justice
- African American Studies
- Air Conditioning
- Allied Health
- American Indian Studies
- American Sign Language Studies
- Asian American Studies
- Business Administration
- Business & Technology
- Chicano-Latino Studies
- Child Development
- Computer-Aided Drafting and Design (CADD)
- Fresno City College: Career and Technology Center
- Address: 2930 E Annadale Ave, Fresno, CA 93725
- Phone: +1 559-265-5700
- Web: https://www.fresnocitycollege.edu
Trade Schools in California by City
This article was written with the aim to facilitate your decision making and to enable you to find the perfect match for your needs due to the fact that finding the best schools is very challenging.
Among so many of them offered in Fresno, you can be sure that these ten are the best of the best.