Thinking about attending a vocational school but you cannot determine which one is the best of the best?
Here you can find all the necessary information you should have in mind related to the best vocational schools in San Bernardino, CA, being that the offer is quite great.
Concorde Career College - San Bernardino
Concorde Career College with all its campuses around the USA is institutionally accredited by the Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges.
The college offers career-focused health care programs.
One of the reasons why students find this college attractive is that you are able to get the diploma and associate degree in about eight months.
Enrollment: So as to be accepted as a regular applicant at this College, you have to meet general admissions requirements, meaning that each applicant has to make a personal interview and campus tour, as well as submit the complete admission documentation and passage of applicable entrance assessments.
The applicants should complete Online Readiness Assessment and provide the acceptable proof of graduation from an institution providing secondary education or the equivalent of such graduation.
The applicant has to be a citizen, permanent resident, or eligible non-citizen of the United States and provide the documentation as proof of this.
Fees: Students who get the chance of attending school must pay the tuition costs and the amounts are based upon the program in which the student is enrolled.
- Nursing Program
- Dental Programs
- Allied Health Programs
- Ancillary Service Programs
- Concorde Career College-San Bernardino
- Address: 201 E Airport Dr, San Bernardino, CA 92408
- Phone: +1 909-663-9685
- Web: https://www.concorde.edu
Heavy Equipment Colleges of America
The Heavy Equipment Colleges of America is a school established to provide students with the knowledge necessary to achieve success in certain skilled trades and they have been doing this successfully for many years through its effective training.
Among students, it belongs to those very attractive schools, and many people who have finished high schools want to enroll in it.
Enrollment: Besides a great desire to enroll in this school, future students need to be eligible for it and meet the following requirements.
You must be at least 18 years of age which you must prove by showing proof of identity and you need to have completed either high school degree or an equivalent like the GED.
Furthermore, you need to be physically and mentally capable of safely operating all equipment and submit the enrollment application which can be found on the school’s official website.
The proof of identity is obligatory, such as a valid driver’s license, social security card, military identification, or a birth certificate.
Once all the criteria are met you can apply for admission.
- Certificate Of Heavy Equipment Operations – Level I
- Certificate Of Heavy Equipment Operations – Level II
- Certificate Of Heavy Equipment Operations – Mobile Crane
- Certificate Of Heavy Equipment Operations – Lattice Boom Crawler Crane
- Heavy Equipment Colleges of America
- Address: 1955 W 9th St, San Bernardino, CA 92411
- Phone: +1 800-870-9757
- Web: https://heavyequipmentcollege.com
Summit college programs are designed so as to teach its students the skills and abilities that modern employers are looking for.
It is good to know that Summit College is authorized to administer federal loans, Title IV grants, and private loans to qualified students, thus making this institution even more attractive and affordable.
Enrollment: The enrollment in Summit College is not allowed to everyone, as the school has set admissions and enrollment requirements.
Those who are ready to get an education for their new career must pass the admission process during which they will need to provide their personal and educational details, as well as tell how you have heard about the school.
At Summit College, the admissions process is straightforward and all you need to do is to talk to an admissions representative whose job is to help you discover all the programs offered at Summit College and determine which one suits your interests and qualifications.
You can make an appointment with a representative by calling the college at 855-970-4151.
- Allied Health
- Certified Nursing Assistant
- Licensed Vocational Nurse Program
- Medical Assistant in Administrative & Clinical
- Trade & Technical
- Payroll, AP/AR & Human Resources
- Summit College
- Address: 804 E Brier Dr, San Bernardino, CA 92408
- Phone: +1 888-504-2552
- Web: https://summitcollege.edu
Enrollment: When the enrollment procedure is in question, National University is one of those educational institutions that has set the admission requirements being that the school is very attractive due to its outstanding education provided by knowledgeable staff and it does not have enough seats for all the interested candidates.
So, depending on your documentation provided during the admission process, you will be either admitted or rejected.
If you still have doubts about enrollment or have difficulties with the admission procedure, we are here to tell you some of the basic enrolment steps.
Prospective National University students are encouraged to follow the steps so they can apply securely via the online application available for both bachelor’s and master’s degree programs.
In order to get access to the application form, you need to register for an application account and it is significant that you meet certain Password Requirements when creating an account, such as to be 10 characters or longer, to contain at least 1 numeric character, 1 upper case character and at least 1 lower case character.
- Teaching & Education
- Business & Marketing
- Healthcare & Nursing
- Social Sciences & Psychology
- Engineering & Technology
- Criminal Justice & Law
- Arts & Humanities
- Science & Math
- National University
- Address: 804 E Brier Dr, San Bernardino, CA 92408
- Phone: +1 909-806-3300
- Web: https://www.nu.edu
San Bernardino Valley College
Enrollment: At San Bernardino Valley College your admission starts by submitting an Application for Admission and SBVC staff is dedicated to providing services to prospective students in the areas of admissions and registration, so there is no need to worry about the enrollment procedure.
After you apply, you will receive 2 emails from SBVC which may come to your junk mail, so make sure you check it, and they will contain:
- Your student ID number (SID)
- Your student email address
- Your WebAdvisor username.
From that moment on, you can log in to your student email and WebAdvisor, which you will use to register and pay for classes.
To apply, you must have a high school diploma/GED OR be 18 years or older and if you do not have a high school diploma or GED, you can get it at the Inland Career Education Center
These are just some of the programs offered:
- Administration Of Justice
- Architecture and Environmental Design
- Automotive Technology
- Business Administration
- Child Development
- Computer Information Technology (CIT)
- Computer Science
- Culinary Arts
- Environmental Science
- Film, Television & Media
- Heating, Ventilation, Air Conditioning, and Refrigeration
- Human Services
- Inspection Technology
- Kinesiology and Health
- San Bernardino Valley College
- Address: San Bernardino, CA 92408
- Web: https://www.valleycollege.edu/
California State University, San Bernardino is accredited by the Western Association of Schools and Colleges and the teaching credential programs are approved by the California State Board of Education, California Commission on Teacher Credentialing, and the National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education (NCATE).
Enrollment: It is worth mentioning that all applications to the California State University system campus are submitted through Cal State Apply.
What will determine whether you are eligible for enrollment is a combination of your high school college preparatory courses, grade point average and the score from either the SAT or ACT
If you are sure that this school is the right one for you, you should complete your application to Cal State San Bernardino but have the following documentation at your hand as you will need them:
- Unofficial transcripts
- Test scores (SAT, ACT, AP or IB)
- Your Social Security number (if applicable)
- Your citizenship status
- A method of payment
- Your parent’s citizenship status
- Annual income
- EOP Applicants Only: Your parent’s employment background and two recommendations
Some of the programs are:
- Accountancy, MS
- Accounting, Certificate
- Accounting, Minor
- Adapted Physical Education Added Authorization Credential
- Administration, BA
- Administrative Services Preliminary Credential
- Aerospace Studies, Minor
- Aerospace Studies (Air Force ROTC) Program
- Alternative Styles of Music, Minor
- Anthropology, BA
- Anthropology, Minor
- Applied Archaeology, MA
- Applied Physics, Minor
- Arabic, Certificate
- Arabic, Minor
- Arabic Language, Literature, and Culture, BA
- Archaeology, Certificate
- Art – Studio Art, MFA
- Art – Studio Art, Minor
- Art History, Minor
- Art and Restorative Justice, Certificate
- Arts and Entrepreneurship, Certificate
- Asian Studies, Certificate
- Asian Studies, Minor
- Astronomy, Minor
- Bioinformatics, BS
- Biology, BS
- Address: University Pkwy, San Bernardino, CA 92407
- Phone: +1 909-537-5000
- Web: https://www.csusb.edu
Barber College in San Bernardino
San Bernardino Beauty College, Inc. is a private institution which gained institutional approval from the Bureau for Private Postsecondary Education and has the accreditation by the National Accrediting Commission of Career Arts and Sciences (NACCAS)
Enrollment: All prospective student, you are required to visit the campus by appointment and review the catalog prior to signing an enrollment agreement.
Once you have completed an Application Form and submitted it, you will also have to submit an Application Fee of $100 .00 which will not be included in the cost of tuition.
The next step is to pass a personal interview with a representative of our Admissions Department.
Applicants are required to provide a copy of his/her High School Diploma, GED, a transcript showing high school completion, a valid picture identification, such as a California Driver’s license, California I.D., or Passport, Valid Social Security Card OR ITIN Card and he/she must be 18 years old or older.
- Barbering 1500 Clock Hours
- Cosmetologist 1600 Clock Hours
- Manicurist 400 Clock Hours
- Esthetician 600 Clock Hours
- Massage Therapist 600 Clock Hours
- Holistic Practitioner 1000 Clock Hours
- Nail Technician 600 Clock Hours
- Barber Crossover 200 Clock Hours
- Barber College in San Bernardino
- Address: 600 N Sierra Way, San Bernardino, CA 92410
- Phone: +1 909-891-1111
- Web: https://www.barber-beautycollege.com
Southeast California College
Enrollment: Southeast California College (SCC) has the educational mission of preparing individuals who are eager to pursue higher education related to various fields of study, meaning that the Eligibility Requirements would depend on the applicant’s program of choice.
For example, Vocational Nursing Training Program requirements are:
- Certificate of graduation from accredited high school (Diploma) or GED
- Minimum of 17 years of age
- Must have Social Security number or tax I.D. number
- Must meet with an admission counselor to confirm eligibility requirements and get a permit to take the entrance exam.
- Pass VN Placement test at 75%
- Foreign transcripts must be evaluated by the Association of International Credential Evaluation (AICE).
- Must pass the background test
- Must pass the background clearance before admission into the program.
Those who want to enroll in Patient Care Assistant Technician Program should meet the following:
- Must be 17 years of age
- Must have a high school diploma and/or GED
- CNA with an expired CNA certificate can enroll in this program instead or redoing CNA again.
- Must pass the PTA entrance exam at 75%
- Must have a live scan clearance
- PCTA- Patient Care Technician Assistant
- IV Therapy with blood withdrawal Certification
- CPR/AED/ First Aid Certification
- Acute Care Level 2 CNA Training Program
- Vocational Nursing (VN) Program
- Medical Assistant (MA) Program
- CEU- Continuing Education Units
- Home Health Aide
- Restorative Nursing Assistant (RNA) Program
- Prep Classes Offered
- Southeast California College
- Address: 225 E Airport Dr #110/155, San Bernardino, CA 92408
- Phone: +1 909-763-3481
- Web: https://www.sccollege-edu.com
Mission Career College
Enrollment: Mission Career College created the specific enrollment procedures that each individual interested in applying must pass.
He/she has to complete an Enrollment Application and pass a personal interview with an Admissions Representative.
Prospective students are encouraged to visit the school and to discuss educational and occupational plans with school personnel as well as pass an entrance examination and Ability-to-Benefit exam if applicable.
Last but not least, he/she needs to complete and sign the enrollment agreement and other admissions paperwork.
The enrollees will be selected based on demonstrated performance on a standardized Wonderlic examination, as well as achievements proved by a high school diploma, General Education Development Certificate, GED, or state proficiency certificate, college transcript, or college diploma.
It is important to mention that certain programs have its own admission requirements, so prospective students are suggested to get acquainted with them as well, prior to applying.
- CERTIFIED NURSE ASSISTANT
- PHLEBOTOMY TECHNICIAN
- CERTIFIED MEDICAL ASSISTANT
- HOME HEALTH AIDE
- ACUTE CARE NURSE ASSISTANT
- EKG/MONITOR TECHNICIAN
- BASIC LIFE SUPPORT (CPR)
- FORKLIFT OPERATOR
- WATER TECHNOLOGY
- MOBILE CRANE OPERATOR
- SOLAR PHOTOVOLTAIC INSTALLATION
- Mission Career College
- Address: 2211 S Hunts Ln, San Bernardino, CA 92408
- Phone: +1 951-688-7411
- Web: http://missioncareercollege.com
California University of Science and Medicine
California University of Science and Medicine University (CUSM) is a private institution approved to operate by the California Bureau for Private Postsecondary Education (BPPE).
Enrollment: California University of Science and Medicine requires that future students must hold a bachelor’s degree from a regionally–accredited undergraduate college or university in the US or an equivalent degree from a non–US accredited undergraduate university.
If you have completed the coursework at a non–US institution, it needs to be accompanied by an evaluation report certified by one of the foreign educational credentials evaluation services that CUSM-SOM approves.
An Applicant must be a citizen or permanent resident of the US and must submit three letters of recommendation through the American Medical College Application System (AMCAS).
It is preferred that the applicant has a total undergraduate GPA of 3.0 or above as well as BCPM (biology, chemistry, physics, and mathematics) GPA of 3.0 or above to be admitted.
Last but not the least, an MCAT 2016 score, no more than 3 years old, is required.
All applications to CUSM-SOM must be made through the American Medical College Application System (AMCAS).
The admissions committee will review all application materials and if you are accepted, you will be sent a notification via email.
- School of medicine
- California University of Science and Medicine
- Address: 217 E Club Center Dr suite a, San Bernardino, CA 92408
- Phone: +1 909-580-9661
- Web: https://www.cusm.org
Trade Schools in California by City
It is understandable that among so many schools available in San Bernardino choosing the one is a very tough task.
You need to know that many of the schools mentioned in our article are reputable and teach the skills necessary to get a good job, but there are also some that are not that great.
The schools we spoke about are certainly top ten according to the reviews and students’ satisfaction.