It is true that people usually choose future schools and future vocations according to their interests, attitudes, and abilities, but it is also very significant to mention that they have to pay attention to the accreditation if they really want quality education.
The process of researching for the right college is troublesome and finding the right match can be difficult.
Here you can find useful information related to best trade schools in Norfolk, VA which you should know about each of them prior to applying for admission.
According to all the accreditations that this institute holds, we can say that people who are interested in the Fortis Institute should not worry about whether their degrees would be accepted by the employers or not.
The following accreditations prove how serious and devoted the school is when it comes to the quality of education offered:
- The Accrediting Bureau of Health Education Schools (ABHES)
- The Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges (ACCSC)
- The Accrediting Council for Independent Colleges and Schools (ACICS)
- The Accrediting Commission of the Accrediting Council for Continuing Education and Training (ACCET)
- The Accrediting Commission of the Council on Occupational Education.
Enrollment: Fortis Institute has set some rules for the enrollment of prospective students.
This means that they have to meet some eligibility requirements.
First, future students must be high school graduates in order to apply and they will need to provide all their educational achievements.
Additionally, they are required to complete a personal information application form and have a personal interview with the admissions staff so that they can discuss career goals, tour the facility and meet with Financial Aid representative if the student has the need for financial support.
- Nursing Programs
- Healthcare / Medical Programs
- Medical Technologists Programs
- Dental Programs
- Pharmacy Technician, Sterile Processing Technician, and Surgical Technology
- Beauty & Wellness Programs – Cosmetology and Massage Therapy
- Fortis College
- Address: 6300 Center Dr #100, Norfolk, VA 23502
- Phone: +1 757-499-5447
- Web: https://www.fortis.edu/campuses/virginia/norfolk.html
Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University
Enrollment: Prospective students should get familiar with all the requirements for enrollment, and the first step towards education at Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University is the submission of an application.
The application completion is not too complicated, being that all interested applicants just need to follow these easy steps:
The Admissions Application is available on the official website and they need to fill out all the required fields, check the “Verify & Submit” section, electronically sign their application, and successfully submit it.
Furthermore, they must request official transcripts from the office of the registrar at colleges or universities they have previously attended.
Documents from schools outside the U.S. must be sent to an Embry-Riddle approved Foreign Credential Evaluation Agency for translation and evaluation.
It is important to know that transcripts must be sent directly from the issuing institution to the following address:
Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University
Attn: Worldwide Imaging
1 Aerospace Boulevard
Daytona Beach, FL 32114
Or via an email address for electronic transcripts firstname.lastname@example.org.
You will be informed about admission via email.
- College of Aeronautics
- College of Arts & Sciences
- College of Business
- Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University
- Address: 1680 Gilbert St building e room 11, Norfolk, VA 23511
- Phone: +1 757-440-5078
- Web: https://worldwide.erau.edu/locations/norfolk
Taking into consideration the fact that Centura Colege offers training at 5 locations in Virginia you can expect to get quality education there provided by outstanding professors.
And that is true, each campus staff is dedicated to helping students gain the skills and attitudes necessary to succeed which is proved by numerous accreditations that this college holds:
- Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges (ACCSC)
- Commission on Dental Accreditation (CODA)
- US Department of Education
- State Approving Agency for Veterans Education and Training
- Department of Veterans Affairs Yellow Ribbon Program
- Virginia Board of Nursing
- Virginia Department of Rehabilitative Services
- Workforce Investment Act
- National Association for Health Professional
Enrollment: The school has 30 years of career experience, they are committed to education and have some admission requirements so as to make sure that the best students are accepted.
The Centura Admissions Process starts with an application for admission, in which you are supposed to provide educational and personal details.
The admission staff will help develop a personalized financial plan for every student at Centura College.
All prospective students will have to talk with one of their Financial Aid Advisors and the aim of this conversation is to develop a financial plan, discuss qualifications, and obtain any necessary application materials.
- Health Science
- Skilled Trades
- Centura College
- Address: 7020 N Military Hwy, Norfolk, VA 23518
- Phone: +1 757-853-2121
- Web: https://www.centuracollege.edu
Norfolk Allied Health Training Center,LLC
One of the reasons why Norfolk Allied Health Training Center, LLC is considered an attractive educational institution is the fact that all programs are approved by the State Council of Higher Education for Virginia.
This means that future students can expect an excellent quality education related to the medical field, and the possibility to gain skills and knowledge needed for their future jobs.
Enrollment: Your application procedure starts by filling out the online application form which can be found on the school’s official website and submitting it.
Make sure all your answers are accurate.
In case you are in need of more detailed information related to the admission process, you can contact the school staff at (757)395-4398 or via an email: email@example.com.
Fees: Besides the non-refundable $25 fee which must accompany the application form, students are required to pay the tuition, which varies depending on the chosen program.
- PCA $375.00
- CAN $794.00
- Medication Aide (68 hours) $565.00
- Medication Aide (32 hours) $465.00
- Medical Assistant $1,930.00
- EKG Technician $673.00
- Phlebotomy Technician $673.00
- Certified Nursing Assistant
- PCA ( Patient Care Assistant)
- Medical Assistant
- Medication Aide 68 Hours
- Medication Aide 32 Hours
- Phlebotomy Technician
- EKG Technician
- Medication Aide 4 Refresher Course
- Norfolk Allied Health Training Center, LLC
- Address: 547 E Little Creek Rd Suite C, Norfolk, VA 23505
- Phone: +1 757-395-4398
- Web: https://norfolk-allied.com
Mua Pro Makeup Artistry Academy
The beauty industry has grown into a very attractive filed, and more and more young people want to look for a career as barbers, makeup artists, or estheticians.
One of many schools that offer this kind of education in Norfolk is Mua Pro Makeup Artistry Academy.
You can choose between MAKEUP 101 Basic course which will equip you with necessary theory and skills to start your journey towards becoming the Professional Makeup Artist, or MAKEUP 102 Advance Pro course, but only if you have met the prerequisite for this course.
This means that you must have completed Makeup 101 ( Basic) or Test out of Basic Course and passing with a score of 85 or higher in theory and skill.
Enrollment: The school is enrolling right now, so if you are interested in becoming a student there, you can register by calling the admission staff at 757-965-8522, and that way you will schedule an admission interview.
Fees: MAKEUP 101 is 8 Week Training held on Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday, and the tuition cost is $2500.
MAKEUP 102 is 6 weeks Training on Monday and Wednesday and the tuition cost is $3200.
Total tuition includes: Basic or Advance Pro Makeup Kit, Handbook, Workbook, and Certification.
- MAKEUP 101
- MAKEUP 102
- Mua Pro Makeup Artistry Academy
- Address: 700 N Military Hwy Suite 2034, Norfolk, VA 23502
- Phone: +1 757-965-8522
- Web: https://www.muapromakeupartistryacademy.com
Tidewater Tech proves its quality by being certified to operate by the State Council of Higher Education for Virginia (SCHEV).
Numerous people choose this school as their future educational institution, considering the fact that it is affordable and has interesting, yet outstanding vocational programs.
One of them is the Automotive Technician Diploma Program designed to provide students with the skills in automotive repair necessary to be able to work as an entry-level Auto Technician.
Also, students find it interesting to enroll in the Building Maintenance and Repair program during which students gain skills related to structural, mechanical, and electrical applications.
If you become a Tidewater Tech student, you will have the opportunity to study and receive the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) refrigerant transition certification prior to graduation.
Enrollment: On the school’s official webpage, there is an application form which should be filled out and submitted.
There you will be asked to provide personal and educational details, and by submitting this form, you will give consent to Tidewater Tech admission staff to contact me by email or telephone.
That way, you will be able to receive information about Tidewater Tech’s programs and offers and you will be told if additional documentation is necessary for the enrollment process.
- Automotive Technician
- Building Maintenance & Repair
- Combination Welding
- Heating, Ventilation & Air Conditioning
- Tidewater Tech
- Address: 5301 E Virginia Beach Blvd, Norfolk, VA 23502
- Phone: (757) 858-8324
- Web: http://www.tidewatertechtrades.edu
KCM Barber School
KCM Barber School offers a Barber Training Program designed to enable the successful graduate to meet the minimum requirement to take the VA State exam for the Barber Training License.
Once you pass this practical exam you will be able to get a license or employment as a Licensed Barber.
Furthermore, you will be qualified to open your own barbershop and employ individuals as Apprentice Barbers.
Enrollment: However, all this is possible, only if you are allowed to enroll in KCM Barber School.
The Entrance Requirements set by the school’s admission are the following:
Future students must possess a Social Security Card, and a High School Diploma (HSD) or General Equivalency Diploma (GED).
Those who have an HSD from a foreign country must submit notarized translation and copy of the original document.
Also, they are required to provide Proof of Address and Photo Identification.
The application form is available online.
Fees: The total cost of the program, including a non-refundable registration fee and tuition, is $4500.
- 1500 Hour Barber Program
- Barbering Theory Certification
- Basic Hair Cutting Course
- Barber Exam Prep
- KCM Barber School
- Address: 2404 Lafayette Blvd, Norfolk, VA 23509
- Phone: +1 757-961-8636
- Web: http://kcmbarberschool.com
Tidewater Home Care, Inc
Enrollment: Tidewater Home Care, Inc allows the enrollment only to those students who meet the PCA Student Requirements.
This means that only those considered appropriate for this education will be accepted.
The applicant must meet the following requirements:
He/she must be 18 years of age or older
He/she must be able to communicate in English so as to read and understand written training materials
The applicant needs to be physically able to perform the tasks and duties required of a personal care aide and accurately complete records.
Two forms of identification are required to register for the course.
If you meet these requirements, you are highly encouraged to apply for enrollment.
The school staff will interview applicants who have met the criteria and determine whether they are suitable for enrollment.
Fees: When it comes to fees, a non-refundable course fee of $365 is required prior to the start of class.
- Tidewater Home Care, Inc
- Address: 1130 Tabb St, Norfolk, VA 23504
- Phone: +1 757-275-7010
- Web: https://www.tidewaterhomecare.com/senior-home-care-providers-hampton-roads/
Barry Arts Building - BAB
Old Dominion University is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC) to award baccalaureate, masters, education specialist, and doctoral degrees.
The school staff is so devoted which is proved by the fact that the University’s programs are also accredited by numerous specialized and professional accrediting agencies.
Enrollment: Only the best students are accepted and that is determined according to the required documentation that each applicant must submit.
Besides the online application which must be completed with accurate answers, prospective students need to provide Official High School Transcript or GED Transcript and SAT/ACT scores.
Some of the additional documentation which is not mandatory, but can affect the selection process are Activity Resume, Letter(s) of Recommendation and Personal Statement.
Fees: All applicants must pay a $50 non-refundable fee.
- BIOMEDICAL & HEALTH SCIENCES
- BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION & MANAGEMENT
- COMPOSITION & RHETORIC
- ENGINEERING & TECHNOLOGY
- ENVIRONMENTAL STUDIES
- EXERCISE & REHABILITATION SCIENCES
- GENDER & CULTURAL STUDIES
- GOVERNMENT & PUBLIC SERVICE
- MATHEMATICS & COMPUTER SCIENCE
- MODELING & SIMULATION
- NATURAL SCIENCES
- SOCIAL & BEHAVIORAL SCIENCES
- TRANSPORTATION & LOGISTICS
- Barry Arts Building
- Address: 4600 Monarch Way, Norfolk, VA 23529
- Phone: 757-683-3000
- Web: https://www.odu.edu/life/buildings/buildings/bab
Advanced Technology Institute
Advanced Technology Institute is proud to be accredited by the Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges (ACCSC) and to own a certificate to Operate as an Institution of Higher Education issued by the State Council of Higher Education for Virginia.
Enrollment: Advanced Technology Institute has determined some admission requirements, but still getting started with Advanced Technology Institute is an easy process.
The prospective student must schedule an appointment to meet with an Admissions Advisor.
During this meeting, they will discuss an applicant’s career goals, interests, and needs.
Applicants can schedule an appointment by clicking the “Request Information” button located on the school’s official website or by calling its telephone number.
Then, you are supposed to complete your application for acceptance, complete all required enrollment paperwork, and submit your application fee.
This is the admission checklist for new applicants:
- Complete a Personal Admissions Interview.
- Complete and submit an Application for Admission and an Enrollment Agreement.
- Provide a U.S. high school diploma, a recognized equivalent of a high school diploma such as a General Education Development (GED) certificate, or completion of homeschool education
- Achieve acceptable scores on the Admissions Assessment(s).
- Automotive Technology
- Associate in Occupational Science Trades Leadership with Specialization in Automotive Technology
- Heavy Vehicle Technology
- Associate in Occupational Science Trades Leadership with Specialization in Heavy Vehicle Technology
- Associate in Occupational Science Trades Leadership with Specialization in HVAC Technology
- Maritime Welding Technology
- Associate in Occupational Science Trades Leadership with Specialization in Maritime Welding Technology
- Commercial Driving – Class A Tractor Trailer
- Commercial Driving
- Advanced Technology Institute
- Address: 994 Scott St, Norfolk, VA 23502
- Phone: +1 757-490-1241
- Web: https://www.auto.edu
Trade Schools in Virginia by CitySee trade schools in Virginia >>
In case you did not choose any of the above-mentioned schools, and now you are wondering what your options are, we can say that you can go online to browse the full data, compare different schools, and find more of them available.
However, you can be sure that picking any one of those on the list will not be a mistake.