The school you attend can make a huge difference to the path you take beyond graduation and your future career and that is the reason why you should choose one of the best high schools in your city.
A good school will enable you to have access to great facilities, will provide you with quality education and you will be able to reach skills which can only lead you to success.
The Professional Bartending Academy
Enrollment: If you decide that the Professional Bartending Academy is the right choice of school for you and that bartending should be your future career option, we have to mention some of the reasons why this school is worth considering.
What you will get there are 40 hours of Professional Bartender Training, National Bartending Certification and Alcoholic Beverage Control of Virginia RSVP Certification.
Furthermore, you will be able to take home more than100 Most Popular Cocktail Recipes to take home.
The admission is on first-come, first-serve basis.
You are supposed to meet 1 on 1 with one of the admission representatives or choose to have a tour of the facility.
This is available by appointment Monday through Saturday.
Call the school to schedule it and see whether you are a good fit for this kind of education.
Fees: So as to be able to start your education there, it is important to secure your seat online or in-person with a $99 non-refundable registration fee and receive up to $222 off your tuition.
Tuition payment plans are available and the tuition payments can be paid while attending class.
- The Professional Bartending Academy
- Address: 615 W Broad St, Richmond, VA 23230
- Phone: +1 804-355-2277
- Web: https://richmondbartending.com
Bon Secours Memorial College of Nursing
Enrollment: Bon Secours Memorial College of Nursing requires that applicants meet some eligibility criteria.
So as to be eligible for admission to the College of Nursing it is very important that al the application materials are received prior to the deadline.
Also, a good thing to know is that the admission to the pre-licensure BSN program occurs twice a year, in the fall and spring semesters, while admission to the post-licensure (RN to BSN) program occurs three times a year, in the fall, spring, and summer semesters.
Admission into the College of Nursing is competitive and if you choose to enroll in the Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) program, you need to complete the application form online and include the standardized exam results, prior to the deadline.
For current licensed Registered Nurses, RN to BSN applicants, completing the online application is the first step and all the other requirements are mentioned during the application completion, so you are suggested to start it at least a month before the deadline.
Fees: You will be asked to submit payment after you have completed an online application.
- Traditional Bachelor of Science in Nursing
- RN to BSN Online Program
- Continuing Nursing Education
- Online Learning at BSMCON
- Bon Secours Memorial College of Nursing
- Address: 8550 Magellan Pkwy, Richmond, VA 2322
- Phone: +1 804-627-5300
- Web: https://www.bsmcon.edu
Virginia School For Nurse Aides
Enrollment: The entrance requirements that applicants must meet are the following:
- Applicants must present a state-issued picture ID and social security card upon submitting the application.
- Applicants must be able to read, write, and understand English.
- They must be able to meet all financial obligations and be able to lift 50lbs unassisted.
- Applicants must have an e-mail address and daily internet access and agree to adhere to the rules and regulations of the school.
Fees: The tuition costs depend on the program you choose.
Here we offer you some basic expenses that have to be paid.
Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) – 5 week CNA classes.
- Option 1 Pay In Full – $1,250
- Option 2: Payment Plan – $1,400 ($700 due at registration and $700 due 2 weeks after registration)
Medication Aide – 3 week Medication Aide classes.
- Option 1: Pay In Full – $700
- Option 2: Payment Plan – $875 ($437.50 due at registration and $437.50 due 2 weeks after registration)
CNA / Medication Aide Combo – 5 week CNA classes plus our 3 week Med Tech course.
- Option 1: Pay In Full – $1,873
- Option 2: Payment Plan – $2,048 ($1024 due at registration and $1024 due 2 weeks after registration)
- Option 3: Payment Plan – Pay CNA Course in full – $1250 due at Registration and Remaining balance of $623 due 1st day of Med Tech Class
Personal Care Aide Training (PCA) – $400
- Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) – 5 week CNA classes.
- Medication Aide – 3-week Medication Aide classes.
- CNA / Medication Aide Combo – 5 week CNA classes plus our 3 week Med Tech course.
- Personal Care Aide Training (PCA)
- Virginia School For Nurse Aides
- Address: 621 Moorefield Park Dr suite f, Richmond, VA 23236
- Phone: +1 804-353-1747
- Web: https://vsfna.com
Virginia Barber School
The Virginia Barber School offers an academic program that instills the knowledge that students will need to excel in the Barbering profession.
The classes are based on excellent teaching and learning strategies, and students are actively involved in the learning process.
Once the school is finished, the students will be able to apply the material they learn in class to a real-life situation.
Enrollment: If you are eager to enroll to become a Barber Stylist you should call the Virginia Barber School today.
Enrollment in this school will not be a mistake being that the Virginia Barber School is an institution of higher learning located in Richmond Virginia and it is among the oldest Barber Schools in the area.
That is one of the reasons why students choose it as their future educational institution.
Once you get in touch with the school representative, he/she will guide you through the application process and determine whether you are a good fit for this school.
Fees: During the conversation with the admission representative, you will be able to get the information related to tuition costs.
- Virginia Barber School
- Address: 1152 Wilkinson Rd, Richmond, VA 23227
- Phone: +1 804-264-0800
- Web: http://www.thevirginiabarberschool.com
Virginia Commonwealth University School of Nursing
The Virginia Commonwealth University School of Nursing is definitely a school worth considering, being that education provided is of high standards.
Enrollment: Those interested in applying should get acquainted with the admission requirements being that not everyone will be able to attend the classes.
To be considered for admission, applicants must:
- Be eligible for readmission or be in good standing at the last college or university attended
- Submit a completed application with all required materials to the School of Nursing
- Have a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.5 based on a scale of 4.0 on all college course work
- Present no grades lower than B in anatomy, physiology or microbiology
- Provide additional information with the application according to the English language proficiency
Each program offered will have some prerequisites that must be met and documents to be submitted, so you should visit the official webpage and get familiar with them, depending o the program you want to enroll in.
For example, for the Traditional B.S. Program there is a two-part application process:
- The NursingCASApplication ($50 fee)
- VCU Supplemental Information Application ($70 fee)
- Traditional B.S.
- Accelerated B.S.
- RN to B.S.
- Post-master’s certificate
- Virginia Commonwealth University School of Nursing
- Address: E Leigh St, Richmond, VA 23298
- Phone: +1 804-828-0724
- Web: https://nursing.vcu.edu
University of Richmond
Enrollment: The University of Richmond has determined the admission process and requirements that prospective students have to meet.
The admission will be determined based on the measures of academic success such as grades, the rigor of curriculum, test scores, and recommendations.
The admission officers’ job is to evaluate each applicant in a holistic manner, assessing essays, involvement, special talents, creativity, independence, and life experience.
If you want to be considered as a candidate for admission you must have a high school diploma or recognized equivalent and must have completed a minimum of 16 units of secondary school coursework.
Minimum requirements include four units in English, three in college preparatory mathematics (including Algebra I, II, and Geometry), and at least two each in history, laboratory science, and a second language.
The reason for these requirements is that the university wants to enroll well-rounded and high-quality students who are eager to reach even greater success through higher education.
These are just some of the courses offered:
- American Studies
- Art History
- Art, Visual Media and Arts Practice
- Arts Management
- Biochemistry and Molecular Biology
- Business Administration
- University of Richmond
- Address: 28 Westhampton Way, Richmond, VA 23173
- Phone: +1 804-289-8000
- Web: https://www.richmond.edu
If accreditation is what you are looking for in an educational institution, then Fortis Institute does not lack it.
The institute understands the importance of reaching high standards and is proud to be institutionally accredited by these accrediting bodies:
- Accrediting Bureau of Health Education Schools (ABHES)
- Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges (ACCSC)
- Accrediting Council for Independent Colleges and Schools (ACICS)
- Accrediting Commission of the Accrediting Council for Continuing Education and Training (ACCET)
- Accrediting Commission of the Council on Occupational Education.
Enrollment: If you are interested in applying, you have to meet some eligibility requirements and you should have in mind that many of its programs are designed to help you complete the education and get into the market faster.
You can even pick the schedule that best fits your lifestyle.
The eligible applicants are those who are high school graduates.
What they are required to do is to complete a personal information sheet and have a personal interview with our admissions staff.
The interview is designed so that you can discuss your career goals with the admission representative, tour the facility and meet with Financial Aid.
- Nursing Programs
- Healthcare / Medical Programs
- Medical Technologists Programs
- Dental Programs
- Pharmacy Technician, Sterile Processing Technician, and Surgical Technology
- Beauty & Wellness Programs – Cosmetology and Massage Therapy
- Skilled Trades Programs in Florida
- Fortis College
- Address: 2000 Westmoreland St a, Richmond, VA 23230
- Phone: +1 804-323-1020
- Web: https://www.fortis.edu/campuses/virginia/richmond.html
Empire Beauty School
One of the very well known school of beauty throughout the United States is definitely the Empire Beauty School.
It is an educational institution that offers high-quality education in many cities and all of its schools are licensed by the National Accrediting Commission of Career Arts and Sciences.
It boasts quality and experienced educators who are eager to get you ready to start your own career in this field.
Enrollment: The beginning of the enrollment requires that you meet the Empire Beauty School enrollment requirements and if you meet them, you can easily get into the beauty field.
Their easy enrollment process is open to anyone interested.
However, you need to be able to perform this job.
The first step is to go to the school’s webpage and look for a link to the fillable application form.
The whole application process is done online and you should get in contact with a school representative who will assist you with enrollment forms.
You can schedule an appointment to tour a school and discuss all the questions with him/her.
- Cosmetology Educator
- Empire Beauty School
- Address: 9049 W Broad St #3, Richmond, VA 23294
- Phone: +1 804-201-9939
- Web: https://www.empire.edu/cosmetology-schools/virginia/richmond?v=local
Open High School
Enrollment: It is good to get acquainted with the application procedure and timeline if the Open High School is the educational institution of your choice.
The Open High School applications are available from January 8th to February 4th.
The same application process is for all specialty schools which include the following: Open High School, Richmond Community High School, Franklin Military Academy, Lucille Brown International Baccalaureate Middle Year’s Programme, and the Thomas Jefferson International Middle Year’s Programme (IB, 9th-10th) and the Thomas Jefferson International Baccalaureate Diploma Programme (IB, 11th – 12th).
They have made your application process easy and it is accessible for all of our students who would like to apply to the SS-OE programs.
Recommendations will be sent electronically to teachers and submitted by the teachers to the portal and parents can schedule their children’s appointments and interviews online
You are supposed to apply through the SmartChoice Application Platform and it can be found on the school’s official website.
You just need to click the heading directly above to complete your Open Enrollment and/or Speciality School applications.
- Open High School
- Address: 600 S Pine St, Richmond, VA 23220
- Phone: +1 804-780-4661
- Web: https://www.rvaschools.net/Page/2588
Union Presbyterian Seminary
Enrollment: If you are one of those applicants who are interested in enrolling in the Union Presbyterian Seminary, you have to meet the program-specific prerequisites.
For example, the candidates for the M.A.C.E. program normally must have received a bachelor’s degree (B.A. or B.S.) from a four-year college or university accredited by one of the regional accrediting agencies in the United States or hold an equivalent educational credential from another country.
They need to pass an interview with a member of the faculty either in person on either campus, by Skype, or by phone.
You need to get in touch with Sheridan Taylor, Admissions Assistant, at 804-278-4221 or by email at email@example.com to arrange your interview.
Other programs might have additional or different enrollment requirements, so make sure you get familiar with them.
Fees: The tuition can vary and these are some of the estimated costs:
- $470 per semester hour/ $1,410 per 3 credit hours course
- $12,690 typical for academic year if 27 credit hours are taken
- Master of Arts in Christian Education (M.A.C.E.)
- Master of Arts in Christian Education in Global Format (Global M.A.C.E.)
- Master of Divinity (M.Div.)
- Master of Divinity/Master of Arts in Christian Education (M.Div./M.A.C.E.)
- Master of Theology (Th.M.)
- Doctor of Ministry (D.Min.)
- Certificate in Nonprofit Management (Post-baccalaureate graduate certificate)
- Union Presbyterian Seminary
- Address: 3401 Brook Rd, Richmond, VA 23227
- Phone: +1 800-229-2990
- Web: https://www.upsem.edu
Trade Schools in Virginia by CitySee trade schools in Virginia >>
In this article, you got a chance to take a look at some of the best high schools in Richmond and what makes them so good.
Unfortunately, not everybody gets the chance of making the choice of where they want to go to school as it is a luxury afforded to few.