Being that we understand how stressful the school choice process can be, we wrote this article so as to help you make an easier decision.
A lot of people are not sure how to determine which school is the best and with the aim to find out more information about each school, they spend hours searching the net.
Here, you can find important information about the top ten trade schools in Chesapeake, VA.
Centura Colege offers training at 5 locations in Virginia, and what you can expect to get is quality education delivered by outstanding professors who are dedicated to helping students gain the skills.
The first thing that proves the quality of education at any college are accreditations, and Centura College prospective students have chosen to enroll in an educational institution that holds the following accreditations:
- Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges (ACCSC)
- Commission on Dental Accreditation (CODA)
- US Department of Education
- State Approving Agency for Veterans Education and Training
- Department of Veterans Affairs Yellow Ribbon Program
- Virginia Board of Nursing
- Virginia Department of Rehabilitative Services
- Workforce Investment Act
- National Association for Health Professional
Enrollment: Throughout 30 years that have passed from the moment of establishing this school, the school has grown into an educational institution that is committed to education, thus not accepting every applicant.
They have some admission requirements and the whole Centura Admissions Process starts with an application for admission, in which Prospective students are supposed to provide educational and personal details.
Then, they will have an interview with the admission staff, who will help them develop a personalized financial plan.
All prospective students will have a conversation with Financial Aid Advisors so as to develop a financial plan, discuss qualifications, and obtain any necessary application materials.
- Health Science
- Skilled Trades
- Centura College
- Address: 932 Ventures Way, Chesapeake, VA 23320
- Phone: +1 757-549-2121
- Web: https://www.centuracollege.edu
People who want to enroll in DeVry University should not worry about the quality of education provided there, as it is accredited by The Higher Learning Commission (HLC).
The school’s devotion is proved by the fact that some programs even have additional accreditations.
Enrollment: It is very significant that the applicant first meets the requirements related to the applicant’s age, prior education, and prerequisite skills needed for college-level work prior to submitting the application for admission.
The applicant must be at least 17 years old and each applicant must have one of the following documentation:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- General Educational Development (GED) certificate
- Post-secondary degree
- Professional degree
All applicants must make sure they meet both general and program-specific admission requirements, so as to be considered eligible.
If you are among prospective students eager to enroll in DeVry University and you meet the above-mentioned requirements, you can take the steps towards enrollment.
First, you must take and pass the interview with an Admissions Advisor.
He/she will assist you with the admission process and decide whether they are a good match for this school.
You will need to complete an application for admission.
- LIBERAL ARTS
- MEDIA ARTS
- DeVry University
- Address: 1317 Executive Blvd #130, Chesapeake, VA 23320
- Phone: +1 757-382-5680
- Web: https://www.devry.edu/about/campus-locations/virginia/chesapeake.html
Tidewater Community College Regional Automotive Center
Enrollment: TCC prospective students can get access to a free application for admission.
This is the first step towards enrollment at Tidewater Community College and you are suggested to pay attention to a few things so as to make sure you submit everything successfully.
First, when you start the application, you will be redirected to a new page where you will be instructed to create an account and begin.
The only way to qualify for general admission is to possess a high school diploma, its equivalent, OR be 18 years of age or older, and be able to benefit from a program of study at Tidewater Community College.
Fees: As you are interested in enrollment, you are probably eager to know the costs you will need to pay so as to get that education.
Tidewater Community College Regional Automotive Center tuition depends on student’s residency.
Institutional Fee: $7.30
Student Activity Fee: $2.55
Capital Fee: N/A
Auxiliary Capital Fee: $19.50
Institutional Fee: $7.30
Student Activity Fee: $2.55
Auxiliary Capital Fee: $19.50
- ONLINE PROGRAMS
- SHORT-TERM PROGRAMS
- TRANSFER PROGRAMS
- CONTINUING EDUCATION & PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT
- CAREER PATHWAYS
- APPRENTICESHIP INSTITUTE
- ARTS & HUMANITIES
- COMPUTER SCIENCE & IT
- ENGINEERING, SCIENCE & MATHEMATICS
- HEALTH PROFESSIONS
- MANUFACTURING & TRANSPORTATION
- MARITIME & SKILLED TRADES
- PUBLIC & PROFESSIONAL SERVICES
- SOCIAL SCIENCES & EDUCATION
- Tidewater Community College Regional Automotive Center
- Address: 600 Innovation Dr, Chesapeake, VA 23320
- Phone: +1 757-822-5000
- Web: https://www.tcc.edu
Institute of Epidermal Cell Therapy
Enrollment: The Institute Of Epidermal Cell Therapy requires that all applicants first meet the eligibility for admission and only then submit the application form.
Prospective students applying for any of The Institute of Epidermal Cell Therapy Programs must:
- Be 18 years of age
- Be a legal US resident
- Have a high school diploma or the equivalent, GED
If all the requirements are met, the applicant is supposed to obtain an Application either via the Request Form on the official website or by contacting the Institute of Epidermal Cell Therapy at 757-818-1577 or e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
The application form will be mailed to you to complete it and return with all supporting documents to the Institute of Epidermal Cell Therapy by appointment only.
All students who wish to enroll in any courses at the Institute of Cell Therapy must take an Assessment test which has to be scheduled and it is designed to measure the incoming student’s basic knowledge of esthetics based concepts.
Fees: All registration fees and deposits must be paid before the start of class.
- Esthetics Program
- Master Esthetics Program
- Institute of Epidermal Cell Therapy
- Address: 445 N Battlefield Blvd O, Chesapeake, VA 23320
- Phone: +1 757-536-0641
- Web: http://www.instituteofepidermalcelltherapy.com
Sentara College of Health Sciences
Enrollment: Sentara College of Health Sciences application procedure is not at all difficult, being that healthcare professionals are there to inform you about what steps to take so as to apply for the program that interests you, as well as learn about financial aid.
They will be there to assist you every step of the way.
However, there are some steps that you should take, and that is to download and complete the application form available online.
All applicants to Sentara College of Health Sciences must pay the $85 application processing fee.
Once you have read the admissions criteria for your program of interest and determined that you are qualified to apply, you simply need to fill the application form completely and return it to the school at email@example.com or Sentara College of Health Sciences, 1441 Crossways Blvd. Suite 105, Chesapeake, VA 23320.
If your application is received, you will be instructed on how to submit the $85 application processing fee, considering the fact that your application will not be further processed until this fee has been paid.
- MASTER OF SCIENCE IN NURSING
- BACHELOR OF SCIENCE IN NURSING
- ASSOCIATE DEGREE PROGRAMS
- CERTIFICATE PROGRAMS
- Sentara College of Health Sciences
- Address: 1441 Crossways Blvd, Chesapeake, VA 23320
- Phone: +1 757-388-2900
- Web: https://sentara.edu
Chesapeake Adult Education
Chesapeake Adult Education school is approved by the Department of Adult and Continuing Education.
This is a center for adults who are eager to get further education and expand their knowledge, so it offers various programs to choose from.
Enrollment: Interested applicants need to get familiar with online registration information, so as to successfully apply for enrollment.
They are supposed to complete the registration fields as requested and include all information.
The next step is to print the registration forms(s) and enclose them along with payment for the total cost of the classes in an envelope.
All these need to be mailed to:
Educational Services Center
Department of Adult and Continuing Education
369 S. Battlefield Blvd, Chesapeake, VA 23322
We suggest that you start your registration once the application process opens, as classes are filled on a first-come, first-serve basis.
- Adult and Continuing Education (ACE)
- General Education Development (GED)
- English for Speakers of Other Languages (ESOL)
- Individual Student Alternative Education Plan (ISAEP)
- Adult Basic Education (ABE)
- Chesapeake Adult Education
- Address: 369 S Battlefield Blvd, Chesapeake, VA 23322
- Phone: +1 757-482-5680
- Web: https://cpschools.com/adult-education/programs/
Chesapeake Career Center
Enrollment: Chesapeake Career Center’s future applicants must submit the following so that their application is considered complete:
- A copy of the applicant’s high school transcript, either official or unofficial
- A brief essay not longer than 200 words in which the applicant will speak about his/her future educational and career plans.
- One letter of recommendation.
- A statement listing any other scholarships the applicant has applied for or received from other organizations.
The applicants are required to email these items to Mrs. Edmonds-Young at Laurra.Edmonds-Young@cpschools.com by May 29th.
Throughout the application process, applicants are also required to provide thorough answers to the following questions:
- 1) Describe any related or past experiences that might improve the likelihood of your successful completion of the chosen program.
- 2) What personal strengths would you bring to the program?
The application procedure starts with the meeting with a School Counselor to ensure that you meet program requirements.
If that is the case, you must complete a CCC application which you can find in your high school’s counseling office or at CCC.
Then, you need to obtain the required signatures and immediately return the application to your School Counselor for processing.
- Emergency Medical Technician
- Nail Technician
- Nurse Aide
- Pharmacy Technician
- Public Safety/Firefighting
- Auto Body – Collision and Refinishing
- Automotive Technology
- Dental Assistant
- Practical Nursing
- Chesapeake Career Center
- Address: 1617 Cedar Rd, Chesapeake, VA 23322
- Phone: +1 757-547-0134
- Web: https://cpschools.com/ccc/
Enrollment: Strayer University is an educational institution with set rules and regulations related to the admission.
The process is not complicated and al starts by completing the simple application available online.
The application submission means that you consent to receive a call from the admissions officers who are there to answer any questions you may have about the entire Strayer University experience.
Undergraduate Admission Requirements are the following:
The basic requirement for admission to a Strayer undergraduate certificate, degree, or diploma program is a high school diploma from an approved high school or its equivalent.
So that the application is considered complete, applicants must submit the application form and enrollment agreement, documentation of high school graduation from an approved high school, and valid government-issued photo identification.
In addition to the required documents listed above for either graduate or undergraduate admission, transfer students will need to provide sealed transcripts from their former school.
- Business & Finance
- Criminal Justice
- Education & Training
- Entrepreneurship MBA
- Health Services Administration
- Information Technology
- Leadership & Management MBA
- Performance Management
- Public Administration
- Strayer University
- Address: 676 Independence Pkwy Suite 300, Chesapeake, VA 23320
- Phone: +1 757-382-9900
- Web: https://www.strayer.edu/campus-locations/virginia/chesapeake
Enrollment: Averett University admission staff has determined the requirements for enrollment.
The school staff is there and is looking forward to helping you through the college application process.
The interested applicant must provide official transcripts from his/her high school.
This means that they will have their Guidance Office forward their official secondary school transcript.
Also, they will need to send SAT or ACT scores to the Averett University Admissions Office.
It is good to know that no application fee is required for domestic students, while international applicants must pay the application fee of $35.
Permanent Residents must submit a copy of their Permanent Residency card as a requirement of the application process.
If you meet all the requirements, you can apply either online, by completing the application form available on the University’s website or you can download the printable application form, fill it out and send it to the school.
- Accountancy (MAcc)
- Business Administration (MBA) – Human Resource Management, Leadership, and Marketing
- Curriculum and Instruction (MEd)
- Administration and Supervision (MEd)
- Reading Specialist VA Endorsement track (MEd)
- Special Education K-12 VA Licensure track (MEd)
- Special Education K-12 VA Endorsement track (MEd)
- Nursing (MSN)
- Master of Science in Nursing Family Nurse Practitioner Track (FNP)
- Post-Graduate APRN Certificate (FNP)
- Emergency Nurse Practitioner Post Graduate APRN Certificate (ENP)
- Applied Data Analytics (MSADA)
- Applied Healthcare Data Analytics (MSAHDA)
- Averett University
- Address: 638 Independence Pkwy #200, Chesapeake, VA 23320
- Phone: +1 800-283-7388
- Web: https://www.averett.edu
Moseley Real Estate Schools
When real estate schools are in question, Moseley Real Estate Schools is one of the best available in Chesapeake.
This is due to its long history, starting from 1995 when the school staff began to design their effective classroom program which prepares students for a successful local real estate career.
As they know how daunting and confusing it can be to start a new career in real estate, Moseley Real Estate Schools is not one of those schools that just sell courses that will help students pass an exam.
Quite the contrary, Moseley staff will support you throughout your entire real estate career.
Enrollment: The enrollment process is open to anyone interested in getting involved in a real estate career.
Fees: Tuition might vary and it depends on the course you choose to attend.
E-Learning Course tuition is $350, while Reciprocity License Course Tuition is $150.
If you choose to enroll in Broker Licensing Courses, you will have to pay the tuition of $335 per course.
- BROKER LICENSING COURSES
- Continuing Education E-Learning Courses
- RECIPROCITY LICENSE COURSE
- Moseley Real Estate Schools
- Address: 1100 Volvo Pkwy Suite 200, Chesapeake, VA 23320
- Phone: +1 877-667-3539
- Web: https://www.moseley.org
Trade Schools in Virginia by CitySee trade schools in Virginia >>
As you could see, Chesapeake has numerous schools to offer and after reading this article, we hope that the stress related to school choice will not be that great anymore.
You are suggested to get familiar with all the admission requirements, prepare for admission, and do not worry about being rejected.