This is an article whose main goal is to help a great number of people looking for the right vocational school in Irving, TX.
By reading this, you can find short reviews about ten best trade schools in this area, based on our evaluation of the school’s performance and quality and we believe that you will get the idea which school offers what you are in search of.
Chamberlain University College of Nursing
Chamberlain University is proud to be accredited by the Higher Learning Commission.
The Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) degree program at this university is designed to be completed in three years and students get the chance to earn their BSN degree quickly and enter the workforce.
They will be equipped with all the necessary skills for this demanding career.
Enrollment: Students must complete an application form available online and pass an interview with a Chamberlain admission representative.
It is important that you have fulfilled all admission requirements, as that is the only way you can reach admission.
So as to be accepted, the academic eligibility has to be met and documented by the proof of graduation with a minimum GPA of 2.75 on a 4.0 scale or GED test score, as well as with a minimum custom score of 73 on the A2 Admission Assessment test.
Additionally, you have to meet clinical clearance, including the completion of the drug screen or background and fingerprint checks within 120 days of the semester start date.
Fees: Chamberlain admissions representatives are there to help you identify all your financing options if you cannot pay the full tuition at once.
- Chamberlain University College of Nursing
- Address: 4800 Regent Blvd, Irving, TX 75063
- Phone: +1 469-706-6705
- Web: https://www.chamberlain.edu/nursing-school/texas/irving
Universal Technical Institute
Universal Technical Institute is accredited by the Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges (ACCSC).
Enrollment: What each applicant has to do first is to meet the enrollment requirements so as to be considered a possible enrolee.
The school’s entrance requirements are the following:
The student has to provide a standards-based high school diploma recognized by the student’s state which has to be documented with a copy of the diploma or a transcript provided by the high school or he/she has to submit a state-issued GED or state-authorized equivalent exam.
In case none of the previous is available, he/she should submit evidence of having previously attended a Title IV-eligible program at a post-secondary institution under the Ability to Benefit (ATB) or successful completion of a degree program at the postsecondary level or an officially recognized homeschooling program.
Fees: The Tuition Estimator – Net Price Calculator is available on the school’s website if you want to determine financial aid eligibility.
Also, you can speak with the admission representative about the tuition costs.
- CNC Machining
- Collision Repair
- Universal Technical Institute
- Address: 5151 Regent Blvd, Irving, TX 75063
- Phone: +1 972-505-2200
- Web: https://www.uti.edu
ITS Academy Of Beauty
ITS Academy of Beauty is accredited by the National Accrediting Commission of Career Arts and Sciences, proving the fact that its staff is really devoted to what they do.
Enrollment: Our suggestion to all interested students is not to apply for enrollment unless they meet all the admissions and enrollment requirements set by the school’s staff.
The school requires that each student enrolling in Cosmetology, Manicuring or Aesthetics course is at least beyond the age of compulsory attendance and that he/she has graduated from high school or possesses a GED certificate.
Eligible candidates are supposed to, prior to the start of the classes, pay the applicable registration fee, and provide proof of age and secondary education.
It is worth noting that there are some special requirements for applicants for the Instructor Course which are added to the above-mentioned criteria.
They are the following:
- a high school diploma or its equivalent
- all requirements for licensure as a cosmetologist
- at least beyond the age of compulsory attendance
- one year of experience as a cosmetologist.
- Barber Program
- Nail Technician
- Additional Classes
- ITS Academy Of Beauty
- Address: 2426 Irving Mall B-5C, Irving, TX 75062
- Phone: +1 972-252-2200
- Web: https://www.olympusbeauty.com/ITS/
North Lake College South Campus
Enrollment: North Lake College South Campus has the Six Steps Enrollment process.
First, new-to-college students are required to complete an application for admission to the colleges of DCCCD.
The only way of being accepted as regular applicants is by meeting the requirements for admission, Bacterial Meningitis Vaccination, and Residency requirements.
If you want to enroll, you must meet one of these standards:
- Be a graduate of an accredited high school.
- Be a graduate of an unaccredited high school and are 18 years of age or older.
- Earned an International Baccalaureate Diploma (IBD)
- Earned a General Education Diploma (G.E.D.).
- Be at least 18 years of age and do not have a diploma or G.E.D
After you are admitted, but prior to registration, you must have submitted to the Admissions/Registrar’s Office the following documentation:
- test scores from a TSI approved test,
- an official high school transcript or GED completion documentation, and
- proper meningitis documentation.
These are some of the courses, to mention a few:
- American Sign Language
- Applied Music
- Computer Science
- Core Curriculum
- Criminal Justice
- Developmental Mathematics
- Developmental Reading and Writing
- Education Courses and Teaching Degrees
- English for Speakers of Other Languages (ESOL)
- Environmental Science
- North Lake College South Campus
- Address: 1081 W Shady Grove Rd, Irving, TX 75060
- Phone: +1 214-891-1342
- Web: https://www.northlakecollege.edu
University of Dallas College of Business
Enrollment: Being that you are wondering whether you are eligible to apply for University of Dallas College of Business, here we offer you all the admission requirements:
If you have a U.S. bachelor’s degree in any field, you may be eligible for admission to one of our graduate business programs, but still, the minimum admissions requirements are:
- U.S. bachelor’s degree with a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.0 from a regionally accredited college or university
- Minimum 3.0 GPA in any graduate-level coursework completed.
- Good academic standing with all colleges attended.
- TOEFL IBT (80+), IELTS Academic (6.5+), PTE Academic (67), or iTEP (3.9+) scores
Applicants interested in applying to one of the graduate programs in business should go through the information page on the website to gather more details on the application process, application requirements, tuition and fees, and financial aid opportunities.
Once you are sure that you meet the application requirements, you should fill in MBA/MS online application or DBA online application to get started.
- Business Analytics
- Information & Technology Management
- University of Dallas College of Business
- Address: 1845 E Northgate Dr, Irving, TX 75062
- Phone: +1 972-721-5004
- Web: https://www.udallas.edu
Independent Electrical Contractors
Independent Electrical Contractors is the educational institution worth your attention due to some of the following reasons:
- Internet-based learning program which can be done at your own pace.
- Certificate of Completion provided to you for state requirements.
- IEC communicates with the Texas Department of License and Regulation to inform them of your course completion.
- No time and money spent traveling to and from a class.
Enrollment: If you think that these are reasons good enough for the application, you are highly encouraged to submit it.
The IEC Dallas Apprenticeship Application Program has some requirements set that must be fulfilled.
First, you will need to complete the following:
- Read the program information
- Pay the $25 nonrefundable application fee
- Complete the application forms
- Upload the required documents
IEC Dallas will not begin to process your application until you have paid the $25 nonrefundable application fee and uploaded a copy of the following:
- Valid Driver’s License
- Social Security Card
- High School Transcript and Diploma -or- GED
(If your transcript has a Graduation Date, we don’t need a diploma)
- State Apprentice Electrician License
- Selective Service confirmation
- Letter(s) of recommendation from a current or previous employer
- If you are a veteran, your DD214
Some of the courses are:
- Guide to Grounding, 2017 NEC (2 hours)
- Motor Circuit Wiring, 2017 NEC (2 hours)
- Wiring Methods, 2017 NEC (2 hours)
- Article 406, 2017 NEC (2 hours)
- Independent Electrical Contractors
- Address: 1931 Hereford Dr, Irving, TX 75038
- Phone: +1 972-550-1133
- Web: https://www.iecdallas.com
Pure Dental Assistant School
Dental assistants schools are very popular in Irving and one of the most attractive ones is definitely Pure Dental Assistant School.
Its dental assistant program lasts seven weeks and consists of 136 hours of lecture and hands-on clinical training
Furthermore, students are required to complete a 40-hour externship at a local dental office, and qualified students will be offered an opportunity to participate in an externship at one of our MINT locations.
Enrollment: So as to be accepted as a possible student there, you are required to have a high school diploma or GED and pass a background check.
The first step to enrollment is to apply online and pass a background check.
You will get in touch with a representative who will ask you for some additional information to complete your application and schedule an onsite tour of our facility at your request.
Fees: What students find amazing is that the school does not charge an application fee and tuition is $3,500.
For those with financial difficulties, the school offers an interest-free payment plan.
If tuition is paid in full, you will get a $200 discount and the price will be $3,300.
However, if you choose a payment plan, you will need to pay $375/week and a deposit of $1,250.
There will be no discount.
- Dental Assistant
- Pure Dental Assistant School
- Address: 3626 N MacArthur Blvd Suite 240, Irving, TX 75062
- Phone: +1 469-912-0299
- Web: https://www.puredentalacademy.com
Advanced Beauty College
The school is accredited by the National Accrediting Commission of Career Arts & Sciences and recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
Enrollment: Advanced Beauty College Admission staff has determined enrollment criteria which helps them make a selection among all the candidates that apply for enrollment.
Their admissions policy is the following:
Applicants must have a High School diploma or transcripts showing graduation date, or they must have a recognized equivalent of a High School Diploma such as a home-schooled certificate by the state where the student resided during home school or a General Education Diploma (GED) or if the applicant was home-schooled, he/she has to obtain a secondary school completion credential for home school
Also, an eligible applicant will be a person with the Ability-to-Benefit criteria of a passing score of 210 on the Wonderlic QS1 (Math) and a passing score of 200 on Wonderlic VS1 (English/Reading) examinations.
Additionally, the applicant must be at least 17 years of age and should not be currently enrolled at a primary or secondary institution.
Future students must have a valid social security number and must pass an interview with an admissions representative.
If you meet these requirements, you are supposed to submit a completed Enrollment Contract which will be provided by your Admissions Representative and a $100.00 registration fee.
- Advanced Beauty College
- Address: 3959 N Belt Line Rd, Irving, TX 75038
- Phone: +1 214-492-2076
- Web: https://www.advancedbeautycollege.net
Enrollment in DeVry University has never been that easy and you should not worry about the quality of education provided there, as it is accredited by The Higher Learning Commission (HLC).
The school’s quality is proven by the fact that some programs even have additional accreditations, making this institution even more attractive to young learners.
Enrollment: It is our suggestion that the applicants first meet the requirements related to the applicant’s age, prior education, and prerequisite skills needed for college-level work and only then submit the application for admission.
The requirements are the following:
An eligible applicant is a person who is at least 17 years old and has one of the following documentation:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- General Educational Development (GED) certificate
- Post-secondary degree
- Professional degree
Besides the above mentioned general admission requirements, there are some program-specific admission requirements that applicants have to bear in mind.
If you are among future DeVry University and you meet the above-mentioned requirements, you can take the steps towards enrollment, meaning you should take and pass the interview with an Admissions Advisor and complete an application for admission.
- LIBERAL ARTS
- MEDIA ARTS
- DeVry University
- Address: 4800 Regent Blvd #200, Irving, TX 75063
- Phone: +1 972-929-6777
- Web: https://www.devry.edu/about/campus-locations/texas/irving.html
Construction Education Foundation
Enrollment: The applicants can register for classes in many ways, choosing the one that is the most suitable for them.
If you choose to register in person, you should come to the CEF Office located at the DFW Education Center, 1401-A Royal Lane, DFW Airport TX 75261 between the hours of 8:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m., Monday through Thursday.
You can do that via mail, meaning that you should complete a registration form for the course desired and indicate your preferred payment method.
You may register by faxing your registration form to 972.574.3440 unless paying by check, cash, or money order, or via the website only if you are using the payment options of Credit Card.
Construction Education Foundation applicants need to get familiar with all the admission requirements, gather all the necessary documentation, and send completed registration form along with payment to:
- Construction Education Foundation (CEF), Inc
- PO Box 612107 • DFW Airport TX 75261-2107
When the admission requirements are in question, it is important that you get familiar with each course’s prerequisites prior to applying.
- ASA Seminars
- Commercial Carpentry
- Commercial Field Engineering
- Construction Management
- Construction Technology
- Drawing & Blueprint Reading
- Heating Ventilation Air Conditioning
- Plumbing & Backflow Prevention
- Safety Training
- Sheet Metal
- State License CE & Cert
- Supervisory Training
- Construction Education Foundation
- Address: 1401 E 14th St, Irving, TX 75063
- Phone: +1 972-574-5200
- Web: https://www.ntcef.org
Trade Schools in Texas by City
As you could see, we mentioned everything you should know about these schools and the article is there to facilitate your decision making and to enable you to find the perfect match for your needs.
Even though finding the best school is very challenging, you will be able to do it easily.