Attending a trade school could be perfect for you if you want to get a career in a shorter period of time.
In this article, you can go through and choose from a great selection of training programs and vocational schools which are accredited, thus proving that they are dedicated to offering the best possible education to their students.
The College of Health Care Professions
The College of Health Care Professions is proud to be accredited by the Accrediting Bureau of Health Education Schools (ABHES).
Enrollment: If you belong to those students who are interested in attending this school, you can apply via application form online or contact Admissions staff.
The moment your application is received, if you are considered eligible, you will be invited to tour the campus and to meet with an Admissions Advisor.
The job of the advisor is to assist you in finding the right program fit for your needs and provide you with information on admission requirements and tuition costs.
By submitting the application form, The College of Health Care Professions will be able to contact you by phone, email, mail, and text message.
It is very important that the information you provide is accurate so that the admission representative can get in touch with you.
Fees: The details about tuition costs can be gathered during the conversation with the admission representative.
- Cardiovascular Sonography
- Dental Assistant
- Diagnostic Medical Sonography
- Health & Medical Administrative Services Completion Program
- Limited Medical Radiologic Technologist
- Limited Medical Radiologic Technologist with MA Skills
- Medical Assistant
- Massage Therapy
- Medical Coding and Billing
- Medical Office Specialist
- Pharmacy Technician
- Physical Therapy Technician
- Surgical Technology
- Nurse Aide
- Vocational Nursing Certificate Program
- Coding and Revenue Cycle Management
- Health Care Management
- Health and Medical Administrative Services Completion Program
- Health Care Management
- Radiologic Science Management
- Radiologic Technology
- The College of Health Care Professions
- Address: 4738 Northwest Loop 410, San Antonio, TX 78229
- Phone: +1 210-298-3600
- Web: https://www.chcp.edu
Southwest Schools of Business
Getting a great education is now possible in Southwest Schools.
Southwest Schools of Business are accredited by the Council on Occupational Education and the Texas Workforce Commission.
Enrollment: So as to make enrollment available to everyone interested, Southwest Schools has made admissions simple.
The General Admissions Requirements are that all applicants must be at least 17 years of age and must have a high school diploma or G.E.D.
In case you have questions about the admissions process you can fill out the Request Info form available on the school’s website.
Fees: SWS offers affordable education through a variety of financial assistance programs.
You can use the Net Price Calculator to calculate your future educational costs as the fees and tuition vary according to the program you choose.
Clinical/Medical Assistant Program Costs are>$14,550 as well as Medical Office Specialist Program tuition and fees.
Pharmacy Technician Program costs are $14,610, Computerized Accounting Specialist $14,520, while General Office Skills Program is the least expensive – $8,240.
- Clinical/Medical Assistant
- Pharmacy Technician
- Medical Office Specialist
- Computerized Accounting Specialist
- General Office Skills
- Southwest Schools of Business
- Address: 229 SW Military Dr, San Antonio, TX 78221
- Phone: +1 210-921-0951
- Web: http://sws.edu
Henry Ford Academy Alameda School for Art Design
Henry Ford Academy Alameda School for Art Design’s mission is to prepare high school students to succeed in college and to pursue a career of personal choice.
Enrollment: The application deadline is April 30th and it is very important to submit the whole application package prior to that date, so as to be accepted as a future student.
To apply, you will first need to fill out the application form.
This can be done in one of the following ways:
- Complete an online application
- Download it
- Pick one up at an information session
- Call (210) 226-4031 to receive a copy by US Mail
So as to be considered for admission, applicants must be a resident of Bexar County and live within the designated area and eligible to enter the 9th, 10th, 11th or 12th grade.
If you consider yourself eligible, you can submit your completed application online, fax it, or submit a paper application to the Main Office of the school in person or by mail. Henry Ford Academy: Alameda School for Art + Design
318 W. Houston
San Antonio, Texas 78205.
- Henry Ford Academy Alameda School for Art Design
- Address: 318 W Houston St, San Antonio, TX 78205
- Phone: +1 210-226-4031
- Web: https://thealamedaschool.org
The Institute of Allied Healthcare
The Nurse Aid Program was approved by The Department of Aging and Disability Services (DADS) and the Texas work Force Commission, while the Medical Assistant Program was approved by TWC.
Enrollment: If you happen to be interested in enrolling, you will have to be at least 16 years of age when applying.
A prospective student will meet with an Admissions Representative for an interview and tour of the school during which they will discuss the student’s future goals, desires, financial situation, and courses.
You should contact the admission department at 210-616-0880 to schedule an appointment.
Admission requirements for the Medical Assistant programs are:
- High School or GED Transcripts
- Admissions Application
- Registration and payment of tuition
- A criminal background check and shot records.
The requirements for the Nurse Aide Program are:
A prospective student must be a high school graduate or possess a General Education Development (GED) certificate, or at least provide transcripts or documentation that display proof of 8th-grade education.
A prospective student must complete the required admissions documents and sign the Enrollment Agreement.
Fees: The Institute of Allied Healthcare offers payment plans so that the students can pay the educational costs without too much trouble and grants are available for those who qualify.
- Nurse Aide Program
- Medical Assistant Program
- The Institute of Allied Healthcare
- Address: 7434 Louis Pasteur Dr #15, San Antonio, TX 78229
- Phone: +1 210-616-0880
- Web: https://www.alliedhealthedu.com
SAGE Truck Driving School at St Philips College
Sage’s Lebanon school is accredited by the Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges.
Enrollment: The admissions process is made simple and straightforward so that everyone interested can apply.
All applicants are required to complete an Enrollment Application, provide a copy of a valid driver’s license and a copy of a physical examination on a DOT form which can be found at the school’s office.
Furthermore, prospective students must be able to pass a drug screen.
The eligible candidates for admission are high school graduates/GED who possess a driving record free of current serious violations.
You can contact the School to discuss your qualifications and a school admission representative will interview applicants for admission.
Fees: Tuition costs will vary by location and program, but we have several alternatives that can assist you so that you can pay the costs without much trouble.
- Comprehensive Tractor-Trailer Driver Basic
- Commercial Drivers License Essentials
- Tractor-Trailer Driver Advanced
- Tractor-Trailer Driver Refresher
- Tractor-Trailer Driver Externship
- Straight Truck Class B Driver
- SAGE Truck Driving School at St Philips College
- Address: 204 Dunton St, San Antonio, TX 78226
- Phone: +1 210-826-7066
- Web: https://www.sageschools.com
Wayland Baptist University
Wayland Baptist University is affiliated with the Baptist General Convention of Texas and accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges.
Enrollment: The Application process starts with submitting the Application for Admission available on the school’s official website.
The additional documentation required for enrollment are Official transcript(s) and Official ACT or SAT score(s).
If multiple test-scores are submitted, the highest score will be used for admission purposes.
Fees: You are supposed to pay the application fee of $35 which is non-refundable at the moment of application submission.
The tuition and fees are affected by the number of semester hours taken and are calculated based on 9 – 12 semester hours, depending on the location.
- General Education Outcomes
- The University General Education Core Curriculum
- The Bachelor of Applied Science Degree
- The Bachelor of Arts Degree
- The Bachelor of Business Administration Degree
- The Bachelor of Christian Ministry Degree
- The Bachelor of Fine Arts Degree
- The Bachelor of General Studies Degree
- The Bachelor of Music Degree
- The Bachelor of Science Degree
- The Bachelor of Science in Interdisciplinary Studies Degree
- The Bachelor of Science in Nursing Degree
- The Associate of Applied Science Degree
- The Associate of Arts Degree
- The Honors Program
- Wayland Baptist University
- Address: 11550 I-35 Frontage Rd, San Antonio, TX 78233
- Phone: +1 210-826-7595
- Web: https://www.wbu.edu
TEEX: H. B. Zachry Training Center - San Antonio
TEEX: H. B. Zachry Training Center – San Antonio’s programs are approved by the American Council on Education (ACE) Recommendation and the Texas Commission on Law Enforcement (TCOLE).
Enrollment: Students eager to enroll should use the myTEEX Student Portal system for online registration.
They will need to to set up an account and the detailed information on how to set it up are available on the school’s website.
The steps you should take as part of the registration process are to click on the Register button, log into the myTEEX Student portal and Complete / Verify your Personal Information.
Then, you will be taken to the final payment screen where you should enter in the applicable payment information.
Among so many courses offered, these are just a few to mention:
- Advanced Collision Reconstructionist
- Certified Safety and Health Official-Construction
- Certified Safety and Health Official-Gen Industry
- Certified Water Professional (CWP)
- Collegiate Forensics
- Corrections Response Team Instructor
- Electric Power Lineworker Apprenticeship Program
- Fire Service Chief Executive Officer
- Forensic Fire Investigator
- Forensic Investigator 1
- Forensic Investigator 2
- Forensic Technician
- Infrastructure Disaster Management
- Infrastructure Protection
- Lean Six Sigma
- Lineman Academy
- Major Crimes Investigator
- Master Defensive Tactics Instructor
- TEEX: H. B. Zachry Training Center – San Antonio
- Address: 9350 S Presa St, San Antonio, TX 78223
- Phone: +1 210-633-1039
- Web: https://teex.org
San Antonio Dental Assistant School
The reason why so many people decide to enter the San Antonio Dental Assistant School is the time it takes to become a Dental Assistant.
Their curriculum is 12-weeks long and fully prepares students to start working as a Dental Assistant once they graduate.
Enrollment: The enrollment process consists of a few steps.
You are supposed to call the school to book a tour and during this tour, you will be able to fill out your application form.
The next steps include the processing of your application and the completion of your enrollment.
Fees: There is a possibility of paying the full cost of $3,350 prior to the beginning of the first class or choose one of two payment options.
One of them requires that you pay $1,250 deposit prior to the first day of class and 12 consecutive weekly payments of $185, while the other requires $750 deposit prior to the first day of class and 12 consecutive weekly payments of $230.
- Dental Assistant
- San Antonio Dental Assistant School
- Address: 15900 La Cantera Pkwy #26245, San Antonio, TX 78256
- Phone: +1 210-739-0487
- Web: https://sanantoniodentalassistantschool.com
The Culinary Institute of America, San Antonio
Enrollment: Applying to the CIA is easy as everything is done through their online portal.
The application will ask you to answer questions related to yourself so that the school staff can better understand your areas of interest.
This process consists of filling out the application form.
There are two easy ways to apply whether via the CIA online application or the Common Application.
You will have to answer some short essay questions and submit your application along with the $50 application fee.
You are supposed to ask for a recommendation from a former teacher or employer and contact your high school or previous college and request that they send your official transcripts to the CIA Admissions Office.
Fees: Tuition per semester is $15,100 and there is a $50 application fee.
There are also some other additional fees that have to be paid.
- Baking and Pastry Arts
- Culinary Arts
- Applied Food Studies
- Culinary Science
- Food Business Management
- Hospitality Management
- Accelerated Culinary Arts Certificate Program
- The Culinary Institute of America, San Antonio
- Address: 312 Pearl Parkway Building 2, Suite #2102, San Antonio, TX 78215
- Phone: +1 210-554-6400
- Web: https://www.ciachef.edu/
Ogle School of Hair, Skin & Nails - San Antonio
Every Ogle School campus is nationally accredited by the National Accrediting Commission of Career Arts and Sciences.
Enrollment: Being that people at Ogle understand how important it is to choose the best school possible for yourself and to easily submit your application for the specific school, they have made the admissions process as painless as possible for our students.
The first step is to meet the requirements, as future students must be able to speak and write English fluently, and have a high school diploma from an accredited school or General Equivalency Diploma (GED).
The next step is to speak with the Admissions Representative who will answer all your questions relating to courses and the school.
Then, you are supposed to apply if the school is still your choice and the admission representative determines that you are a good fit for the school.
If accepted, you will need to fill out the enrollment agreements and set your start date, as well as attend orientation.
- Ogle School of Hair, Skin & Nails – San Antonio
- Address: 742 Northwest Loop 410 #226, San Antonio, TX 78216
- Phone: +1 210-424-0555
- Web: https://www.ogleschool.edu
Trade Schools in Texas by CitySee trade schools in Texas >>
Among the above-mentioned schools, we are sure that students of all ability levels can find exciting trade school programs that pique their interest.