Founded in Pennsylvania in 1957, Allied Universal Security Services is providing security services for many industries in the United States, including Education and Healthcare, Manufacturing, and Oil and Gas.
Allied Universal employs more than 250,000 security professionals and reported a revenue of 8.5 billion USD.
The company serves 50,000 sites globally.
The secret to their success is a combination of top training programs, employee engagement programs, their development strategies, and nurturing client relationships.
Earn your accredited, affordable Security Guard Career Diploma online with Penn Foster!
Allied Universal Security also provides account managers on-site for their clients.
Article Table of Contents
Training Programs Offered by Allied Universal
All new employees at Allied Universal are required to undergo a training program that teaches them how to provide the highest level of service to customers.
The program is described by the company as:
Convenient: the program offers students the opportunity of choosing the method of learning that best fits their skills:
- eLearning Modules- modules that can be found online and include materials as well as videos and podcasts that can be easily accessible from anywhere.
- classroom instruction: the company hires trainers and teachers for employees who prefer to learn from a mentor
- on-the-job training: new employees learn hands-on from an experienced officer who becomes their supervisor and mentor.
Compliant: the company makes sure that all its employees are properly trained according to the industry standards by using evaluations and reports.
Dedicated training community network: each new employee has a network of colleagues he/she can discuss with.
Customized: because different sectors have different requirements, guards are prepared for the peculiarities of the industries where they will work.
Applying for a Job at Allied Universal
Every candidate must go through a screening process that includes:
- background checks completed by a third party
- interview conducted in-person to ensure that each candidate has good communication and interpersonal skills.
- drug testing
- training program and passing an examination
You also have to meet certain qualifications before formally being hired at Allied Universal:
- being at least 18 years of age
- holding a high school diploma or GED or having five years of previous work experienced
- experience may also be a requirement for some positions
- good communication skills and being able to express yourself correctly is very important
- being on time is very important because it tells the client that you are a dependable personal
- being a team-player is essential, especially for positions that require working with other people.
- crisis management skills and knowing what to do in stressful situations
- customer service skills
Salary and Other Benefits
The company offers many perks to its employees, including:
- 401(k) plans: the company contributes up to 75 percent to the retirement plan, depending on the employees’ experience and seniority
- workers have access to employee relations managers who make sure employees are satisfied with their work conditions and maintain the compliance policy set by the company
- free life insurance
- medical benefits
- performance incentives for loyal and efficient employees
Hire Our Heroes Program
The company also offers programs for those who have served the country and are returning from active duty.
The company prefers hiring veterans because they are punctual, good team players, loyal, and have already passed a background check and a training period in combat arts and firearm usage.