The main reason why students rather choose a vocational school than a four-year university is that at trade schools students enjoy studying because they are able to concentrate on subjects they like and at the same time they reach degrees for a shorter period of time.
If you want to get a high-quality knowledge, succeed in your job and establish a solid reputation, here are some of the schools in Dayton that are worth considering.
International College of Broadcasting
The International College of Broadcasting is accredited by the Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges (ACCSC), and authorized by the Board of Career Colleges and Schools to grant Associate Degrees and Diplomas.
Enrollment: Enrollment at ICB is made as simple as possible and we are offering you every step of the way.
There are just a few requirements:
You will need to provide proof of graduation from high school or its equivalent GED
The applicant must meet with an admissions representative and successfully pass an admissions test
He/she has to show a desire to learn and go to work in the multimedia field.
The admission process to the International College of Broadcasting starts by calling the school at 800-517-7284 or submit the contact form available on the school’s official website to set up a personal interview with Admission Officer whose job is to further lead you through the admission procedure.
Fees: Once you get in touch with the admission representative, you can get the information about the price of the courses.
- BROADCASTING I
- VIDEO PRODUCTION / RECORDING AUDIO ENGINEERING
- MULTIMEDIA PRODUCTION & BROADCASTING
- International College of Broadcasting
- Address: 6 S Smithville Rd, Dayton, OH 45431
- Phone: +1 855-896-3733
- Web: https://www.icb.edu
Ponitz Career Technology Center
Enrollment: The application for the following school year can be found on the school’s official website and you just need to click on the link which will lead you to the fillable application form.
Students must fill out this form while logged in to their Dayton Public Schools Google Account.
If you are not a Dayton Public Schools student or do not have a Google Account, you may register for one prior to filling out this application.
David H. Ponitz CTC Application should be completed prior to February 16th.
These are the required steps:
- Step 1: Both student and parent will complete and submit a completed application.
- Step 2: An admissions team will review completed applications and uploaded material.
- Step 3: Candidates will be numerically ranked and only eligible candidates will be invited to an interview to which they should come with a parent/guardian.
- Step 4: Students will be notified in writing of their acceptance status.
- ARTS & COMMUNICATION
- BUSINESS & I.T.
- HEALTH & HUMAN SERVICES
- ENGINEERING & CONSTRUCTION
- Ponitz Career Technology Center
- Address: 741 W Washington St, Dayton, OH 45402
- Phone: +1 937-542-7180
- Web: http://www.ponitzctc.org
Ohio Business College Truck Driving Academy - Dayton Admissions Office
If you dream of the open road behind the wheel then one of the CDL programs at Ohio Business College’s Truck Driving Academy is the perfect place to start.
Enrollment: The Truck Driving Program at Ohio Business College Truck Driving Academy – Dayton Admissions Office is available to all people interested in this filed and it is designed so as to combine applied textbook knowledge with valuable time behind the wheel.
Truck Driving Academy offers an easy application process and you will be able to apply in just a few easy steps.
To apply for admission, you are supposed to fill out the online application below and provide the following details:
- Program Interest
- Personal Information
- School Information
- Agreement Policy
Prior to starting classes at Ohio Business College, you will have to do the following:
- Schedule a visit to the campus
- Complete the application and submit the application fee
- Meet with an admissions representative
- Meet with a Financial Aid administrator
- Complete the entrance assessment for your program (if applicable)
- Schedule classes
- Allied Health
- Medical Assisting
- Career Workshops
- Ohio Business College Truck Driving Academy – Dayton Admissions Office
- Address: 1133 S Edwin C Moses Blvd, Dayton, OH 45417
- Phone: +1 937-226-1683
- Web: https://ohiobusinesscollege.edu/programs/trades/truck-driving/
Sinclair Community College
Sinclair Community College is accredited by The Higher Education Learning Commission.
Enrollment: Starting an education for your future career at Sinclair College has never been so simple.
Whichever Sinclair location you choose to enroll in, all of the steps are the same and easy to complete.
You should get in touch with the Admissions Office if you need help with the admission process and this can be done via phone at 937-512-3675 or an email at email@example.com.
The steps for applying are the following:
You should complete the paper application or online at apply.sinclair.edu and apply for financial aid at fafsa.ed.gov if you need it.
You can choose to either apply online or in-person at any Sinclair location.
On the Dayton campus, you can apply in person by visiting the Welcome Center.
It is important to begin checking your ‘my.sinclair” email account for important registration and financial aid updates.
Then, you are supposed to take the Sinclair placement test and if you have transfer credit from another institution, you should have your official transcript(s) sent directly to:
Registration & Student Records, Sinclair Community College,
444 W. Third Street, Dayton, Ohio 45402-1460.
Fees: A one-time nonrefundable $20 registration fee will be required.
These are just some of the courses offered:
- Accounting (ACC.S.AAS)
- Activity Programming (ACP.S.STC)
- Addiction Services (MHTCD.S.AAS)
- Additive Design Specialist (ADS.S.STC)
- Aerial Sensing Data Analytics (UASDTA.S.STC)
- African American Studies (AFRE.S.STC)
- Agribusiness (AGR.S.STC)
- Agricultural Equipment Operator (AGEQ.S.CRT)
- Agricultural Sciences (AGR.S.AAS)
- Agricultural Technology (AGR.S.CRT)
- Aircraft Dispatcher (ADSP.S.STC)
- Airframe Aviation Maintenance (AAM.S.CRT)
- Airline Flight Attendant (AFAS.S.STC)
- Appalachian Studies (HUM.S.STC)
- Applied Psychology (PSY.S.AAS)
- Architectural Technology (ARC.S.AAS)
- Sinclair Community College
- Address: 444 W Third St, Dayton, OH 45402
- Phone: +1 937-512-3000
- Web: https://www.sinclair.edu
University of Dayton
The University of Dayton is a Catholic, Marianist research university.
The University of Dayton is a member of the National Association for College Admission Counseling (NACAC) and abides by its Code of Ethics and Professional Practices.
They are interested in enrolling people with diverse talents, interests, and backgrounds.
That is the reason why they take a holistic, rigorous approach in our admission decisions.
Enrollment: The admission will be given only to most deserving students based on their academic qualifications, their potential to succeed in the classroom and life, and their ability to contribute meaningfully to our Catholic, Marianist university.
All applicants will be evaluated fairly and equitably.
You can apply by filling out one of the following application forms:
- University of Dayton application
- Common App
- Coalition App
The University of Dayton has two deadlines for submitting your admission materials:
- Early action: November 1
- Regular decision: February 1
To be considered for admission, you must provide your application, including essay, your official high school transcript as well as ACT and/or SAT Scores.
For official materials not submitted electronically, your high school counselor should mail materials to:
Office of Admission and Financial Aid
University of Dayton
300 College Park
Dayton, OH 45469-1602
These are some of the programs offered:
- Adolescence to Young Adult Education
- Aerospace Engineering
- Applied Behavior Analysis
- Applied Creativity
- Applied Mathematical Economics
- Applied Mathematics
- Art Education
- Art History
- American & Transnational Law – LL.M.
- Applied Social Science Research Methods
- Business Analytics
- Business Economics
- Business Intelligence
- Business System Analysis and Design
- University of Dayton
- Address: 300 College Park, Dayton, OH 45469
- Phone: +1 937-229-1000
- Web: https://udayton.edu
Ohio Medical Career College
There are many reasons why young learners should choose Ohio Medical Career College as their future educational institution.
The Ohio Medical Career College is authorized and approved by the Ohio State Board of Career Colleges and Schools, Ohio Board of Nursing, Ohio Department of Health, and National Healthcareer Association.
Programs offered there are based on question-based learning and hands-on skill practice with the aim to prepare students for licensing examinations and meet the demand of the workforce.
Students like learning in small classes and tutoring sessions.
Enrollment: The admission and enrollment process in Ohio Medical Career College is available only to a qualified student.
Before you apply for admission, you are recommended to visit OMCC Dayton Campus to start the admissions process and meet the college personnel.
Then, you can fill out an Application either by picking it up and submit it at OMCC Admissions Office located on Dayton Main Campus or by filling out the online form.
Your application will be reviewed promptly and a determination will be made as soon as possible.
- One Plus One AAS in Nursing
- Practical Nursing
- Ohio Medical Career College
- Address: 1133 S Edwin C Moses Blvd #110, Dayton, OH 45417
- Phone: +1 937-567-8880
- Web: http://www.omcc.edu
Mound Street Academies
Enrollment: If you are interested in Mound Street Academies, you should know that their admission office welcomes you and is happy to answer any questions you may have.
That way you will be able to determine if Mound Street Academy is the right fit for you.
Once you determine this, the enrollment process starts by setting up an appointment with The Fast Forward Center.
They provide intake and testing for eligible students.
Then, you will be required to bring the following items with you to the appointment:
- Birth certificate of the enrolling student
- Proof of residencies, such as a recent bill or copy of a rental agreement
- A copy of the student’s most recent report card
Last, but not least, you will have to fill out the required registration forms and show immunization records, being that in accordance with state law, all students must be immunized to attend school at MSA.
Mound Street Academies requires that applicants bring the following documentation for enrollment.
- Proof of Residence
- Birth Certificate
- Immunization/Shot Records
- Withdrawal form from the last school attended
- Free & Reduced Lunch Form
- Custody/court order (if applicable)
- IEP, ETR, 504 plan (if applicable/available)
- Mound Street Academies
- Address: 354 Mound St, Dayton, OH 45402
- Phone: +1 937-223-3041
- Web: https://www.moundstreet.org
Ally College is a perfect educational institution for those who are eager to enter the medical field, as it has to offer excellent education after which students will be able to get the job easily and to perform it successfully.
Enrollment: Each program at Ally College has its own admission and eligibility requirements which the applicant should get familiar with prior to applying.
Certified Nursing Assistant Program prerequisites for STNA Training are the following:
- Physical Exam
- TB Test
- Able to read and write
- Passion for caring for the elderly
- Criminal Background Clearance
Once all these requirements are met, you are highly encouraged to enroll in the Certified Nursing Assistant (STNA) program, and you are supposed to use our online enrollment form.
For other requirements, you should visit the official website and get informed or contact the admission office.
- Certified Nursing Assistant (STNA):
- CPR – BLS for Healthcare Providers
- CPR – Heart Saver First Aid CPR AED
- Ally College
- Address: 270 Regency Ridge Dr, Dayton, OH 45459
- Phone: +1 937-802-3960
- Web: http://www.allycollege.com
Ross Medical Education Center
The Ross Medical Education centers throughout the country are institutionally accredited by the Accrediting Bureau of Health Education Schools which means that at Ross Medical Education Center and Ross College, you can get the highest quality education and once the studies are finished, you will be able to seek a fulfilling career in the healthcare industry.
Enrollment: Those of you who believe that the Ross Medical Education Center and Ross College are perfect schools for their future education would be glad to know that the Ross Medical Education Center in Dayton has to offer a variety of healthcare training programs which will prepare students for their future jobs in the field of medicine.
For each program offered, there are certain guidelines and requirements for enrollment determined by the College so it is our suggestion to visit the official website, find the exact program you want to enroll in and get acquainted with all the requirements.
- Medical Assistant
- Medical Insurance Billing and Office Administration
- Dental Assistant
- Pharmacy Technician
- Veterinary Assistant
- Nursing Assistant
- Occupational Therapy Assistant
- Practical Nursing
- Veterinary Technician
- Business Management
- Human, Social, and Health Services
- Health Administrative Services
- Medical Office Management
- Medical Billing Administrative Specialist
- Medical Assistant
- Ross Medical Education Center
- Address: 4490 Brandt Pike, Dayton, OH 45424
- Phone: +1 937-235-0510
- Web: https://rosseducation.edu/campus/oh/dayton.php
Film Connection Film Institute
The Film Connection Film Institute is the right place for the future education of those whose aim is to enter the world of film producers.
In case you are one of them, here you will find all the necessary data related to enrollment into this educational institution which will make your decision a little bit easier.
Enrollment: The first thing that should come into your mind related to this school is the enrollment process.
Some people say that it is an excellent thing that this school does not set any special requirements for enrollment, but they should know that not everybody can be a student here.
The eligible prospective students will be determined after the interview with the mentor.
His/her job is to see whether the school is the right choice for the specific candidate and whether the candidate is good enough to attend this school and only then decide to let the candidate finish the admission process.
By submitting an application to the Film Connection, which can be found on the school’s official website or by contacting an Admissions Representative, you will only arrange a meeting with the mentor.
Only after the interview, the applicant will be accepted and would be allowed to enroll in.
- The Film Connection for Film Production & Editing Program Tuition is $13,040.
- The Film Connection for Cinematography Program Tuition cost is $12,750.
- Film Production & Editing
- Film Connection Film Institute
- Address: 1000 E 2nd St, Dayton, OH 45402
- Phone: +1 334-209-4490
- Web: https://www.filmconnection.com/school-locations/dayton/
Trade Schools in Ohio by CitySee trade schools in Ohio >>
If you are among those who want to attend trade schools which produce workers with the cutting-edge skills essential to modern manufacturing, you should pick any one of the above mentioned and you will not make a mistake.