When choosing a trade school you should know that earning a diploma usually take several months, while earning an associate degree generally involves two years of study.
Both of these options are better than a four-year university if you want to enter the job market in a shorter period of time.
Mount Carmel College of Nursing
Mount Carmel College of Nursing is accredited by The Higher Learning Commission (HLC).
Enrollment: If you are eager to apply, there are two options to apply for admissions to Mount Carmel College of Nursing.
You can either choose to complete the online application or a paper application and mail it to the MCCN Office of Admissions.
The admission to the College is determined according to the graduation from an accredited high school, completion of the following college-preparatory course work while in high school or the college equivalent with a grade of “C” or better
- 4 Units English
- 3 Units Mathematics
- 3 Units Laboratory Science
- 3 Units Social Science
- 2 Units Foreign Language
- 1 Unit Visual or Performing Art
The applicant should have minimum cumulative college transfer GPA: 2.8 on a 4.0 scale or minimum cumulative high school GPA is 3.0. on a 4.0 scale.
For high school students ACT composite of 20, or SAT composite of 950 is recommended.
Fees: Total tuition for a freshman year is $14,372.
- Nursing Education
- Mount Carmel College of Nursing
- Address: 127 S Davis Ave, Columbus, OH 43222
- Phone: +1 614-234-5800
- Web: https://www.mccn.edu/
Ohio State College of Barber Styling
Ohio State College of Barber Styling is accredited by Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges (ACCSC).
Enrollment: As a part of the application process, you will be asked some personal details, as well as whether a payment of $50 which covers the cost of the kit, registration fee, and administrative fee would affect your interest or delay your ability to start.
The applicant needs to meet the following criteria apply to both the 1800-Hour and 1000-Hour Barbering Programs:
- Completion of an initial interview and tour of the facilities
- Valid Photo Identification
- Social Security Card
Furthermore, the following items are required by the Ohio State Cosmetology and Barber Board:
- Verification of name change
- Copy of Birth Certificate
- High School Diploma / Official Transcript, or GED
- Valid Ohio Cosmetology License for 1000-Hour Program
- The applicant needs to be at least 17 years of age.
Fees: Total costs of tuition and fees vary depending on the program you choose and are the following:
- 1800-Hour Barber Stylist Program – $18,475
- 1000-Hour Barber Stylist Program – $10,875
- 1800-Hour Barber Stylist Program
- 1000-Hour Barber Stylist Program
- Ohio State College of Barber Styling
- Address: 4614 E Broad St, Columbus, OH 43213
- Phone: +1 614-868-1015
- Web: http://osbc.edu
Loann Crane Center for Design
Enrollment: Make sure to know that the Application Deadline is in October and you will need to complete the Undergraduate Application form, pay the $50 application, and submit your portfolio, written essay and transcripts prior to that moment.
You will need to fill out the CCAD application and provide a 300-500 word essay.
You can find more detailed information about essay topics on the school’s official website.
Then, a portfolio that will show your creative skills and ideas, such as paintings, photos, inventions, robots, installations, films, animations, comics etc, is an obligatory part of the application process.
Furthermore, you must provide transcripts (official or unofficial) from every educational institution you have attended and CCAD requires a 2.3 GPA or higher.
Fees: There is an application fee of $50 which is nonrefundable, as well as a non-refundable tuition deposit of $300.
Tuition costs are $35,880 per year.
- Comics & Narrative Practice
- Contemporary Crafts
- Fashion Design
- Film & Video
- Fine Arts
- Game Art & Design
- History of Art & Visual Culture
- Industrial Design
- Interior Architecture & Design
- Loann Crane Center for Design
- Address: 112 Cleveland Ave #1822, Columbus, OH 43215
- Phone: +1 614-224-9101
- Web: https://www.ccad.edu
We Can Code IT
Enrollment: The application process consists of a few steps that each applicant has to take.
First, you should take a quiz available on the school’s website according to which you can determine whether a coding bootcamp is the right fit for you.
Then, if it is, you should have a phone interview with an admissions representative.
You are supposed to speak about your interest in a career as a software developer.
The next step is scheduling a Campus Visit or attending one of our Class Shadow Days.
The admissions representative can schedule a personalized campus visit following your phone interview.
Furthermore, the school uses a third-party assessment which takes 30-45 minutes so as to measure your ability to be successful in our program.
You will be informed if you are accepted within 2 weeks and you need to attend a new student orientation before your first day of class.
Fees: All prospective students should know that they need to pay a non-refundable $125 registration fee and the tuition costs of $13,900.
There are financing options and grants available so as to make the education expenses more bearable.
- In-Person Coding Bootcamp
- Hybrid Coding Bootcamp
- We Can Code IT
- Address:2645 N High St, Columbus, OH 43202
- Phone: +1 844-932-2626
- Web: https://wecancodeit.org/
Fort Hayes Career Center
Enrollment: So as to gather more detailed information about the enrollment prices, you should contact Central Enrollment or go through the enrollment guidelines and FAQs available on the school’s official website.
The phone number through which you can get in touch with the Central Enrollment Center is 614-365-4011 or you can send them an email on email@example.com
The Central Enrollment Center completes enrollment for Pre-K through-12th grade and the enrollment documents required are:
- Birth Certificate
- Address verification
- Immunization History
- Parent Photo ID
- Custody Documents
- IEP/MFE (if applicable)
- Grade Card or Transcript (if available)
- Income Verification (Pre-K only)
These are just some of the programs offered:
- Adult and Community Education
- Alternative Education
- Career-Technical Education
- Columbus Hearing Impaired Program – C.H.I.P.
- Credit Flexibility
- Curriculum Division
- Early Childhood Education
- English as a Second Language – ESL
- English Language Arts 6-12
- Gifted and Talented
- Higher Education Partnerships
- Instructional Information Services – Blackboard
- Library Services
- Office of Innovation and Improvement
- Peer Assistance and Review
- Professional Learning and Licensure
- Reading and Language Arts K-5
- Social Studies and Civic Education
- Special Education
- State and Federal Programs
- Unified Arts
- Buildings and Grounds
- Capital Improvements
- Communications and Media Relations
- Fort Hayes Career Center
- Address: 546 Jack Gibbs Blvd, Columbus, OH 43215
- Phone: +1 614-365-6014
- Web: https://www.ccsoh.us
Larock Healthcare Academy - Columbus
Larock Healthcare Academy is licensed and registered with the State of Ohio Board of Career College and Schools (OBCCS) and the Kentucky Commission on Proprietary Education (KCPE).
Enrollment: There are some general entrance requirements plus some additional ones, depending on the chosen program.
General requirements are that the prospective student must be at least 18 years of age or High School Graduate if he/she is under 18 and possess a current, government-issued photo I.D.
For the majority of programs a High School Diploma or GED is required, except for Medical Office Administration, Clinical Lab Assistant and Blood Lab Specialist Program.
EKG/Cardiac Monitor Technician and Patient Care/Multi-Skilled Technician Programs require Current CPR Certification, while Medical Office Administration Program requires a computer efficient applicant.
- BLOOD LAB SPECIALIST
- CLINICAL LABORATORY ASSISTANT
- PATIENT CARE / MULTI-SKILLED TECHNICIAN
- PHLEBOTOMY TECHNICIAN
- EKG CARDIAC MONITOR TECHNICIAN
- MEDICAL BILLING & CODING SPECIALIST
- CANTON / AKRON ACADEMY
- COLUMBUS ACADEMY
- CLEVELAND / PARMA HEIGHTS ACADEMY
- MEDICAL OFFICE ADMINISTRATION
- NURSE AIDE
- Larock Healthcare Academy – Columbus
- Address: 833 Grandview Ave, Columbus, OH 43215
- Phone: +1 614-733-9542
- Web: https://larockacademy.com
Capital Transportation Academy
Enrollment: In order to be considered for a class, you must have completed all of the admission requirements.
Only those qualified for enrollment into a commercial driver (CDL) training program will be accepted and the requirements are the following:
You must be a minimum of 21 years of age and have proof of U.S. citizenship or permanent residency in the United States.
Furthermore, you must have a High School Diploma or General Educational Development (GED), must hold a current valid State of Ohio driver’s license and a State of Ohio Bureau of Motor Vehicles (BMV) drivers abstract that is free from major traffic violations.
The eligible applicant must have a background free of any violent crimes, assaults, crimes against children, or crimes of a sexual nature and must have obtained a Commercial Learner Permit (CLP) from State of Ohio Bureau of Motor Vehicles (BMV) for the appropriate class of CDL (“A” or “B”) training program by successfully completing the appropriate written examination.
Additionally, you must pass a Department of Transportation (DOT) physical examination and a U.S. Department of Transportation (DOT) drug & alcohol screening.
Last, but not least, the applicant must pass an admissions interview with Capital Transportation Academy staff.
- CLASS A TRAINING
- CLASS B TRAINING
- CLP TRAINING
- Capital Transportation Academy
- Address: 1170 Cassady Ave, Columbus, OH 43219
- Phone: +1 614-258-0400
- Web: https://capitaltransacademy.com
Tech Elevator Columbus
The reason why young students decide to enroll in this school are all the useful things they will learn there, such as an intro to programming in Java or C, database programming and serverside programming in Java or .NET, Java or .NET frameworks and design patterns, etc.
If you are interested in getting an excellent knowledge related to these fields, you are highly encouraged to apply.
Enrollment: However, not everyone is eligible for a career in code, so the school has designed a quick aptitude test to help you understand if you are a good fit and to help the school select only the best candidates.
The test takes 25 minutes to finish and the results are sent via e-mail.
If you pass the aptitude test, you are supposed to submit the application.
The application form can be found on the school’s official website.
Fees: The tuition costs for 14 Week Coding Bootcamp is $15,500.
- Tech Elevator Columbus
- Address: 1275 Kinnear Rd #121, Columbus, OH 43212
- Phone: +1 877-606-3203
- Web: https://www.techelevator.com
Columbus Humanities, Arts & Technology Academy
Columbus Humanities, Arts, & Technology Academy is recognized by the Ohio Department of Education and is nationally accredited by AdvancED.
Enrollment: Those people interested in enrolling in the Columbus Humanities, Arts & Technology Academy should know that the enrollment process takes approximately 15 minutes to complete and if you do not have the access to the computer, you can visit the school office and gather information about applying.
The application is not considered complete until you submit the documentation required for enrollment at Ohio public schools and that is:
- Proof of identity/guardianship for the student
- Proof of residency for the family
- Parent/legal guardian photo id
- Immunization/shot records for the student
These documents can be either uploaded via the academy’s website, sent via email or delivered in-Person.
You should also know that you will need a SchoolMint account to enroll online and you will be asked to create an account before you are allowed to see the application form.
- LANGUAGE ARTS
- SOCIAL STUDIES
- PHYSICAL EDUCATION
- Columbus Humanities, Arts & Technology Academy
- Address: 6322, 1333 Morse Rd, Columbus, OH 43229
- Phone: +1 614-261-1200
- Web: https://columbushumanitiesata.org
Columbus State Community College
Columbus State Community College is proud to be accredited by The Higher Learning Commission since 1973.
Enrollment: You should have in mind that the new applicants need to take Placement Tests in order to determine which classes they will need to take before they enroll.
The admission requirements differ from program to program and you will need to fulfill prerequisites and submit an application to get into them.
You should read through the program admission requirements and check with an Admissions Specialist before starting, so as to be sure that you are eligible for that specific program.
You will be required to submit Test Scores and Transcripts or Take Placement Tests.
These are just a few of so many programs offered here:
- Accounting AAS
- Addiction Studies Certificate
- Administrative Assistant Major
- Adobe Illustrator® Certificate
- Adobe InDesign® Advanced Certificate
- Adobe Photoshop® Advanced Certificate
- Advanced Addiction Studies Certificate*
- Advanced Digital Photography Certificate
- Advanced Foundations of Business Certificate
- Advanced Mental Health Certificate*
- Advanced Photoshop for Photographers Certificate
- Alternative Energy Automotive Technician
- American Sign Language/Deaf Studies Certificate
- Anthropological Sciences Associate of Science
- Anthropology Associate of Arts
- Architectural CAD Drafting Certificate
- Architectural Design Certificate
- Architecture AAS
- Art History Associate of Arts
- Associate of Arts Degree
- Associate of Science Degree
- Automotive Management Certificate
- Automotive Service Management Major AAS
- Automotive Service Technician (AST) Certificate
- Automotive Technology – Ford ASSET Program
- Automotive Technology AAS
- Aviation Maintenance Airframe Certificate
- Aviation Maintenance Powerplant Certificate
- Aviation Maintenance Technology
- Baking and Pastry Arts Major AAS
- Baking Certificate
- Basic Digital Photography Certificate
- Basic Electrocardiography (EKG) Certificate
- Basic Peace Officer Certificate
- Columbus State Community College
- Address: 550 E Spring St, Columbus, OH 43215
- Phone: +1 614-287-5353
- Web: https://www.cscc.edu/
Trade Schools in Ohio by CitySee trade schools in Ohio >>
Achieving your dream job depends on choosing the right educational institution, and we are sure that one of these schools would be ideal for you.