If you are sure that you do not need a bachelor’s degree, but that upon completion of the program, you will receive a diploma or trade certificate acknowledging you successfully finished it and that you can start your own career, then the trade school is the right choice for you.
Good Samaritan College-Nursing
Enrollment: Each program has its own enrollment requirements that have to be met.
The Minimum Requirements for Automatic Acceptance into the Nursing Program are High School or Cumulative College GPA of 3.0 or higher or successfully completed GED with minimum scores of 2250 and 410 in each section, minimum official ACT score of 22 -OR- SAT score of 1530.
The applicant should have passed Chemistry and Algebra in high school or college and has minimum Test of Essential Academic Skills (TEAS) composite score of 70 with minimum Science score of 45 and minimum ATI Critical Thinking Entrance Test score of 70.
The documents that you have to provide for AASN Admission Process are the online application which can be found on the official website and Official High School, Vocational School or GED transcripts
Official transcripts should be sent to:
Good Samaritan College Admissions
375 Dixmyth Ave
Cincinnati, OH 45220
Fees: Tuition per credit hour for AASN, BSN, ASHS courses is $559 while the tuition for MA courses is $280 per credit hour.
- Associate of Applied Science in Nursing Program (AASN)
- Associate of Science in Health Science Program (ASHS)
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing Completion Program (RN to BSN)
- Medical Assistant Program (MA)
- Good Samaritan College-Nursing
- Address: 375 Dixmyth Ave, Cincinnati, OH 45220
- Phone: +1 513-862-2631
- Web: https://www.gscollege.edu
The Christ College of Nursing and Health Sciences
The Christ College of Nursing and Health Sciences is accredited, approved, and authorized by the Higher Learning Commission of the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools (HLC) and the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education.
Enrollment: Only eligible people will be accepted as future students and in order to qualify an applicant must complete the following:
He/she has to complete and submit an online application for the program desired.
Then, the applicant must provide official, sealed transcripts from each institution attended as well as two completed reference forms.
Last, but not least, the personal statement, in which you will be speaking about the reasons why you should be considered for admission into the College, not exceeding one page should be sent to the following address:
The Christ College of Nursing and Health Sciences
Attn: Office of Admissions
2139 Auburn Avenue Cincinnati, OH 45219
You should know that the transcripts must be official and in a sealed envelope.
Fees: Each program has different tuition costs.
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing
- Accelerated Bachelor of Science of Nursing
- Online RN-BSN Completion Program
- Bachelor of Science in Health Care Admin
- Associate of Science in General Studies
- Associate of Applied Science in Medical Assisting
- The Christ College of Nursing and Health Sciences
- Address: 2139 Auburn Ave, Cincinnati, OH 45219
- Phone: +1 513-585-2401
- Web: https://www.thechristcollege.edu
Xavier University ABSN
The baccalaureate degree program in nursing, master’s degree program in nursing, Doctor of Nursing Practice program, and the post-graduate certificate programs at Xavier University are accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education.
Enrollment: Only those applicants who show the dedication and academic potential for this career would be accepted as future students at the Xavier University ABSN.
To enroll in our ABSN program, you must hold a non-nursing bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited institution and have a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.70.
The school requires only four prerequisite courses and those are:
- Human Anatomy or Anatomy & Physiology I
- Human Physiology or Anatomy & Physiology II
You first need to meet the admission requirements for the program you want to apply and only then start the application process.
You must confirm your eligibility with an admission counselor, send your official college or university transcripts and final official high school transcripts, sign up for and complete the required prerequisite courses and apply to our School of Nursing.
Fees: Tuition costs are $880 per credit hour or $55,440 in total.
- Accelerated BSN
- Baccalaureate degree program in nursing
- Master’s degree program in nursing
- Doctor of Nursing Practice program
- Post-graduate certificate programs
- Xavier University ABSN
- Address: 615 Elsinore Pl 7th Fl, Cincinnati, OH 45202
- Phone: +1 866-890-9467
- Web: https://acceleratednursing.xavier.edu
What proves that Fortis is one of the colleges that you will not regret choosing are all the accreditations that it has.
This educational institution is accredited by:
- Accrediting Bureau of Health Education Schools (ABHES)
- Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges (ACCSC)
- Accrediting Council for Independent Colleges and Schools (ACICS)
- Accrediting Commission of the Accrediting Council for Continuing Education and Training (ACCET)
- Accrediting Commission of the Council on Occupational Education (COE).
This means that the college is investing a lot to achieve the highest standards of education.
Enrollment: The enrollment process is quick and it starts with the meeting with an admissions representative who will lead you through the steps of the admissions process and help you fill out all the forms.
During the meeting, you will get information on curriculum, procedures, and services and set necessary appointments and interviews.
All applicants are required to complete a personal information sheet.
In order to be accepted as a future student, you have to meet some eligibility requirements, meaning that you must be a high school graduate or possess its equivalent.
- Nursing Programs
- Healthcare / Medical Programs
- Medical Technologists Programs
- Dental Programs
- Pharmacy Technician, Sterile Processing Technician, and Surgical Technology
- Beauty & Wellness Programs – Cosmetology and Massage Therapy
- Fortis College
- Address: 11499 Chester Rd #200, Cincinnati, OH 45246
- Phone: +1 513-771-2795
- Web: https://www.fortis.edu
Diamond Oaks Career Campus
Great Oaks Career Campuses and the Adult Workforce Development Division are accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Rehabilitation Facilities (CARF) while Full-time and some short-term adult workforce development programs are accredited by the Council on Occupational Education (COE).
Enrollment: So as to be able to apply, you need to meet some enrollment requirements.
The enrollment process starts with attending an information session which can be scheduled by visiting the official website or calling 513.771.8881.
During this session, you will tour the campus and fill out an application.
The applicant has to possess a high school diploma or HSE and he/she has to successfully complete the entrance assessment – WorkKeys®.
WorkKeys® assessment consists of three sections: Applied Math, Workplace Documents and Graphics Literacy.
On test day, you are supposed to bring a valid government-issued ID and your high school diploma.
- Auto Collision
- Automotive Service Technology
- CNC Manufacturing
- Construction Technologies
- Dental Assisting
- Electro – Mechanical Maintenance Technology
- Fire & Emergency Medical Rescue Academy
- Heating/Ventilating & Air Conditioning
- Heavy Equipment Operations & Engineering
- Industrial Diesel Mechanics
- Medical Office Specialist, Billing, and Coding
- Police Academy
- Welding Technician
- Diamond Oaks Career Campus
- Address: 6375 Harrison Ave, Cincinnati, OH 45247
- Phone: +1 513-574-1300
- Web: https://adults.greatoaks.com
Cincinnati School of Barbering & Hair Design Inc
Cincinnati School of Barbering & Hair Design, Inc. is licensed by the Ohio State Cosmetology and Barber Board.
Enrollment: Cincinnati School of Barbering & Hair Design, Inc. requires that each student enrolling in the
Barber and Cosmetology Cross-Over programs must;
- Complete an application for enrollment;
- Provide proof of being at least 17 years of age, such as a certified copy of a Birth Certificate or a Government Issued Photo ID
- Submit evidence of having graduated from high school, such as a copy of a high school diploma, a copy of a high school transcript or a copy of a GED
Students enrolling in the 1000 hour Cosmetology Cross-Over program must meet all of the above requirements plus submit a copy of a current Cosmetology license.
Fees: BARBER – 1800 CLOCK HOURS course costs include the following:
- Registration Fee: $ 75
- Tuition: $12,174
- Textbooks, Kit and sales Tax: $701
- State Board Fee: $40
- Picture Fee: $10
COSMETOLOGY CROSS-OVER -1000 CLOCK HOURS course costs are:
- Registration Fee: $ 75
- Full-Time Tuition: $6250
- Textbooks, Kit, and Sales Tax: $701
- State Board Fee: $40
- Picture Fee: $10
- BARBER – 1800 CLOCK HOURS
- COSMETOLOGY CROSS-OVER -1000 CLOCK HOURS
- Cincinnati School of Barbering & Hair Design Inc
- Address: 6500 Colerain Ave, Cincinnati, OH 45239
- Phone: +1 513-923-3385
- Web: http://www.cincinnatischoolofbarbering.com
Elite Welding Academy
Elite Welding Academy, LLC is accredited by the Accrediting Council of Continuing Education and Training and State of Ohio Board of Career Colleges and Schools.
Day classes at Elite Pipe Welding Academy start in January, March, May, July, September, and November, while night classes start in July, September, and November.
Enrollment: When it comes to the Admission Requirements for the Elite Welding Academy, LLC, they are the following:
You must be at least 18 years or older.
You must submit proof of a high school diploma or GED to be enrolled.
The applicants must be in the good physical condition and should be able to read, write, and understand English.
It is not obligatory, but it is strongly advised that your vision is tested and corrected.
So as to apply, all students must complete an enrollment agreement and pay the $100.00 registration fee and provide a copy of a high school diploma or GED.
Fees: Elite Welding Academy, LLC requires a $100.00 registration fee.
- Structural and Pipe Welding
- Elite Welding Academy
- Address: 4670 Dues Dr, Cincinnati, OH 45246
- Phone: +1 513-874-1410
- Web: http://www.eliteweldingacademy.com
Cincinnati School of Medical Massage
Cincinnati School of Medical Massage is accredited by the Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges(ACCSC).
Cincinnati School of Medical Massage is enrolling students for Day classes that begin in November and Evening classes that begin in October.
Enrollment: To qualify for admission, an applicant must meet the following requirements:
He/she must be a high school graduate, and possess a High School Diploma or have the recognized equivalent, being that the proof of graduation must be submitted prior to beginning classes.
He/ she must be in good health and must complete a Statement of Good Health form to document his/her health status.
Once all the admissions requirements are met, the applicant can start the enrollment process by submitting an accurate and complete Application for Admission.
Then, he/she is required to meet with an Admissions Representative, read and sign the Enrollment Agreement.
It is very important that the student provides proof of graduation – a high school diploma, transcript, or proof of GED so as to be able to begin classes.
- Medical Assistant program
- Cincinnati School of Medical Massage
- Address: 11250 Cornell Park Dr, Cincinnati, OH 45242
- Phone: +1 513-469-6300
- Web: https://www.massageschools.com/
Cincinnati State College
Cincinnati State College is proud to be accredited by the Higher Learning Commission.
Enrollment: If you are one of the prospective students, you should know that you must complete an online Application for Admission and submit official transcript(s) and this should be done two months prior to the semester when you plan to begin classes.
An online Application for Admission can be found on the school’s website and should be filled out with accurate answers and submitted there.
Also, you have to submit an official high school transcript which has to be mailed directly to the Office of Admission from the institution.
Applicants must show evidence of English and math placement.
If you meet the requirements, you are highly encouraged to apply.
Fees: There is a $15 non-refundable admission fee that is charged to the student’s first registration bill.
These are just some of the courses offered:
- Accounting Technologies
- Accounting (ACC & ACCTC)
- Bookkeeping Certificate (BKC)
- Automotive Service Management Technologies (ASM & ASTCT)
- Business Management Technologies
- Business Management (BM)
- Business Pathways Certificate (BUSC)
- Entrepreneurship Certificate (ETRPC)
- Paralegal (PAR & LAW)
- Real Estate Certificate (REC)
- Finance Technologies (FIN & BFSC)
- Hospitality Technologies
- Brewing Science (BREW & BREWC)
- Culinary Arts (CUL & CAC)
- Dietetic Technology (DT & DMC)
- Hospitality Management (HOSP)
- Pastry Arts (PAS & PASC)
- Pre-Nutrition Science (PNS)
- Cincinnati State College
- Address: 918 Ludlow Ave, Cincinnati, OH 45220
- Phone: +1 513-569-1500
- Web: https://www.cincinnatistate.edu/
Art Academy of Cincinnati
The Art Academy of Cincinnati is accredited by the National Association of Schools of Art and Design (NASAD) and is a charter member of NASAD.
Enrollment: Besides the application form which should be submitted online so as to begin the admissions process, one of the most important elements of the admissions process is your portfolio which must be submitted as well.
That way you will illustrate your artistic abilities and there have to be at least 8-10 original works.
Methods to Submit Portfolio are the following.
You can either sign into your aac.slideroom.com account, select Portfolio Submission, and upload clear, high-resolution images or you can schedule an in-person portfolio review with an Admission Counselor.
Furthermore, you are required to contact your high school guidance counselor to request that your official transcript be sent to the Admissions Office at the Art Academy of Cincinnati.
You must have a 2.0 or Higher Grad Point Average.
Fees: Future students will have to pay full-time tuition of $32,445 plus some additional fees.
- Creative Writing
- Painting and Drawing
- Print Media
- Film, Video, Audio Minor
- Art History Minor
- Associate of Science in Graphic Design
- Master of Arts in Art Education Program
- Community Education Program
- Art Academy of Cincinnati
- Address: 1212 Jackson St, Cincinnati, OH 45202
- Phone: +1 513-562-6262
- Web: https://www.artacademy.edu
Trade Schools in Ohio by CitySee trade schools in Ohio >>
As you have read our article, and you are sure that getting a diploma or certificate after the completion of the program in a specific field is the right option for you, the only thing left is to choose the one that you consider the best school for you.