We usually choose our schools and future vocations according to our interests, attitudes, and abilities, but there are some other features that we need to pay attention to.
So we have offered you not only descriptions of the best trade schools in Durham, but also the tuition costs, programs, and courses offered there which are also of crucial importance when selecting a suitable educational institution.
Harris Training Institute, Inc
Enrollment: It is very significant that each interested individual gets acquainted with General Admission Requirements.
So as to be accepted as regular students, all applicants must meet the following:
- Must be at least 18 years old or a high school graduate.
- Must provide two forms of identification including social security card and government-issued photo identification
- Must submit an official copy of high school/ college transcript or GED Certificate
- Must attend a Nurse Aide Information Session to complete and submit the Course Registration Form along with any other admission requirements.
- Must submit an acceptable form of payment which is done in-person, via mail or online.
Considering the fact that space is limited, students are highly encouraged to complete the general admissions requirements as quickly as possible.
Minimum Requirements for Admission for Medication Technician course are:
- 18 years old or older
- High School Transcript, GED Certificate,
- Current enrollment or recent completion of a North Carolina state-approved Nurse Aide I program or listing on the Nurse Aide I Registry.
- BLS Certification
- NURSE AIDE
- BLS Certification course
- MEDICATION TECHNICIAN
- Harris Training Institute, Inc
- Address: 2310 S Miami Blvd #135, Durham, NC 27703
- Phone: +1 919-224-8081
- Web: https://www.harristraininginstitute.com/
Raleigh Durham Electrical Jatc
Enrollment: The Raleigh-Durham Electrical J.A.T.C. admission office accepts applications throughout the year from anyone who is interested in applying.
What you need to do is to complete an application and meet all the requirements.
If all this is done, the J.A.T.C. will refer the completed application to the appropriate sub-committee for interview and ranking.
You need to have in mind that only those applicants who meet the Minimum Requirements of the training standards shall be considered.
The Minimum requirements for the JATC are the following:
- Minimum age of 18 years old
- Successful completion of Algebra 1 Math Course
- High School Graduate or Equivalent (GED)
- $25 Application Fee
All these should be proved by the appropriate documents and they are:
- 2 Forms of I.D., such as Drivers License and S.S. Card
- Official High School Transcript
- Diploma or GED Certificate
- $25 Payment
- Form DD214 for Military Veterans only.
You will need to provide all of the above-mentioned documentation and along with the submittal of an application, you need to contact the office to arrange an initial meeting.
- Apprenticeship Program
- Raleigh Durham Electrical Jatc
- Address: Durham, NC 27703
- Phone: +1 919-596-6931
- Web: https://raldurjatc.org
Watts School of Nursing
Enrollment: In case the Watts College Of Nursing – BSN Program is your future career choice, you need to fulfill three steps to the admissions process and those are conditional acceptance, acceptance, and admission.
Conditional Acceptance is granted to an applicant who submits an application to the college, however, he/she has to complete general education requirements.
Acceptance is granted to the applicant who has completed or is in the process of completing 45 credit hours of the required general education courses.
The Student Governance Committee’s job is to review an application for acceptance following the passage of the HESI A2 exam, interview, and receipt of specified materials listed under Admission Process and Requirements.
The last step is the admission and it is granted to the applicant upon completion of all 60 credit hours and review and approval of the credit hours by the College.
The applicant must also meet all admission requirements for matriculation into the nursing division.
Furthermore, the Coordinator of Student Affairs must receive official transcripts verifying successful completion of the general education courses prior to the first day of orientation.
Fees: The application fee is $100.00 and it is non-refundable.
- Watts School of Nursing
- Address: 2828 Croasdaile Dr, Durham, NC 27705
- Phone: +1 919-470-7349
- Web: https://www.wattsschoolofnursing.org/
At NCCU, the Department of Nursing is accredited by the Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing (ACEN).
Enrollment: Considering the fact that you have chosen this school for your future education, you should start the Application Process now.
The admission process consists of a few steps that each applicant has to take.
First, they need to check their status so as to know which application to fill in.
Then, they can check the status of their application by logging into your Eagle Promise portal anytime.
NCCU encourages interested students and their families to schedule a campus tour.
There you will get information about the admission requirements which include the following:
- Satisfactory scores on the Scholastic Assessment Test (SAT) or the American College Test (ACT)
- Satisfactory grade point average
- All students must satisfy the University of North Carolina (UNC) minimum admissions requirements to be eligible for admission
- All students must provide a complete record from an accredited secondary or preparatory school.
It is also worth mentioning that everything has to be submitted by the admission deadlines
- 1st Priority Deadline: October 15
- 2nd Priority Deadline: November 15
- 3rd Priority Deadline: January 15
- NCCU Nursing
- Address: GPS Purposes ONLY/Not a Mailing Address, 1402 S Alston Ave, Durham, NC 27707
- Phone: +1 919-530-7235
- Web: http://www.nccu.edu/cbss/nursing
The Fuqua School of Business
Enrollment: The Fuqua School of Business’s admission staff has determined some requirements that each applicant must meet so as to be accepted as a student there.
Among personal information that you need to provide when applying for enrollment are:
- Educational background
- Employment history
- Business resume
- Activities and achievements
- Self-reported test scores
So as to submit an application, the applicant needs to create a profile and get a PIN to access the system and he/she gets a chance to access the application many times before submitting it.
If you have trouble filling it out, you can find detailed instructions in the online system.
Your application will not be considered appropriate until you submit it and all supporting materials are received and verified.
The Application Process goes the following way.
You are supposed to submit your transcripts, Questions and Essays, 1-Page Business Resume, Letters of Recommendation, GMAT OR GRE and pay the application Fee.
When your application is reviewed, you will have to go through an Interview Process during which it will be determined whether you are a good match for this school.
- Master of Management
- Master of Quantitative Management
- Executive Education
- The Fuqua School of Business
- Address: 100 Fuqua Drive, Durham, NC 27708
- Phone: +1 919-660-7705
- Web: https://www.fuqua.duke.edu/
Pharmacy Technician Education & Training Institute
Enrollment: The school’s admission office has made the enrollment process so simple that everyone interested gets the chance to apply, but not everyone will be accepted.
Pharmacy Technician Education & Training Institute offers two ways to enroll in classes.
You can select either to enroll online by clicking the link available on its website and selecting the course you would like to attend, or you can download the Enrollment Form which is also available online, fill it out and fax or scan and email it to the number and address on the form.
It is significant to have in mind that you must pay the Registration Fee at the time of enrollment and that you are supposed to pay the full tuition or 1st installment by the enrollment deadline.
The part of the application form requires that you write a brief statement explaining what you hope to gain from the course.
There is a possibility of enrolling in the Virtual Accelerated Pharmacy Technician that is a self-paced version of the Accelerated Pharmacy Technician Training Course.
Fees: If you choose to attend the Hybrid Accelerated Pharmacy Technician Training Course you will need to pay $850.
- Certified Pharmacy Technician
- Pharmacy Technician Education & Training Institute
- Address: 3209 Yorktown Ave Ste.171, Durham, NC 27713
- Phone: +1 877-468-5242
- Web: https://www.pharmacytech-school.com
I Nailed It Academy LLC
I Nailed It Academy was founded by Shenika Blanding in 2019 and since then it has been providing a great education to those interested in beauty industry.
Being that you are reading this, you are probably eager to find out some of the characteristics of this school in case you decide to enroll in it.
It is worth mentioning that all students must pass the class with 70 percent or higher in order to graduate from the program.
Enrollment: On the school’s official website, there is a link to the application form.
What interested applicants need to do is to sign in so as to get access to the form, then fill it out and submit it.
Fees: When it comes to tuition costs, we have to mention that it can be paid in full before the start of the classes and it is $2500.
Also, if you cannot afford to pay the whole amount at once, you can pay the $500 or $250 deposit and the rest of the money to pay during the classes.
The tuition cost includes:
- Nail Kit
- Course Book
- Two I Nailed It Academy T-Shirt
- State Board Written and Practical Exam
- NAIL TECHNICIAN COURSE
- REFRESHER COURSE
- I Nailed It Academy LLC
- Address: 4823 Meadow Dr. Suite 103, Durham, NC 27713
- Phone: +1 919-907-0369
- Web: https://www.inaileditacademy.info/
Duke University School of Nursing
Enrollment: You have to make sure that you meet all the admission requirements and provide all documentation prior to the application deadlines on December 1 which is Fall Entry Priority deadline and May 1 that is Spring Entry Priority deadline.
Admission Requirements are related to both quantitative and qualitative criteria, meaning that all candidates must possess the physical health and emotional stability, they need to be fluent in speaking, reading and writing English.
Each applicant is supposed to complete the application that requires that you answer all questions and submit the form.
Furthermore, you need to pay the application fee and upload the final versions of all the required documents.
Last but not least, you must send electronic recommendation forms using our secure portal and provide an unofficial copy of all post-secondary educational transcripts which can be uploaded in your self-service portal.
An official copy of transcripts can be either mailed or sent electronically to SON-DOCUMENTS@dm.duke.edu or in a sealed envelope to:
Duke School of Nursing
Office of Admissions
307 Trent Dr.
Durham, NC 27710
- Accelerated Bachelor of Science in Nursing
- Master of Science in Nursing
- Doctor of Nursing Practice»
- Continuing Education & Specialized Programs
- Duke University School of Nursing
- Address: 307 Trent Dr, Durham, NC 27710
- Phone: +1 919-684-4248
- Web: https://nursing.duke.edu/
Durham Technical Community College
Enrollment: In order to inform you about all the steps you need to take so as to Become a Durham Tech Student, we have gathered all the necessary information
The first step is to choose a program that fits your goals, considering the fact that it will be your future career.
The next step requires that applicants complete an online application as well as to complete residency determination which will be used to establish if students qualify for in-state or out-of-state tuition.
Then, you need to sign up for a ConnectSession which is required for all new students.
If you are in need, you can apply for financial aid.
The last step is the submission of official transcripts which must be submitted sealed to the: Admissions, Registration, and Records Office in the Phail Wynn, Jr. Student Services Center, room 10-201, or via email through an approved transcript service such as the ACT, CFNC, College Board, Joint Services Transcripts, National Student Clearinghouse, Parchment, ScribOnline and Script-Safe to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Fees: As you have a desire to enroll, you are probably interested in tuition costs, so you should know that it is established by the North Carolina State Board of Community Colleges and the North Carolina General Assembly and is subject to change without notice.
- Architecture/ Construction
- Business/Finance/ Accounting
- Career Readiness
- Electrical/ Electronics
- English Language Programs
- Esthetics/Massage Therapy
- Health Care
- Industrial Systems/ Welding/Machining
- Information Technology
- Personal Interest Courses
- Public Safety
- Science/ Biotechnology
- Durham Technical Community College
- Address: 1637 E Lawson St, Durham, NC 27703
- Phone: +1 919-536-7200
- Web: https://www.durhamtech.edu/
Recording Connection Audio Institute
Being that it boasts locations all over the United States, we can only say that the Recording Connection Audio Institute is definitely an educational institution that provides the best music education to future music producers and audio engineers and that if this is your career choice, this school is worth considering.
Enrollment: Everyone eager to enroll should try their luck applying, but they need to have in mind that not everyone will be accepted, taking into consideration the fact that this kind of education is not for everyone.
At the Recording Connection institute, the degree can be achieved easier than in a four-year traditional university if you manage to pass the enrollment process.
Once the school opens the admission procedure, interested individuals should sign up for a personal tour and a meeting with a professional music producer or audio engineer, whose job is to determine whether that person is ideal for this kind of education.
During this tour, you will have an interview with this person, and if his/her decision is to allow you to enroll, you are supposed to complete the application form which you can find on the institute’s official website.
- Audio Engineering & Music Production
- Advanced Audio Engineering & Music Production
- Hip Hop & Beat Making
- Live Music
- Logic Pro Electronic Music Production
- Ableton Electronic Music Production
- Advanced Ableton Electronic Music Production
- Music Producing
- Live Dj
- Music Business
- Recording Connection Audio Institute
- Address: 1500 E Club Blvd, Durham, NC 27704
- Phone: +1 919-885-0075
- Web: https://www.recordingconnection.com/school-locations/raleigh-durham-fayetteville-chapel-hill
Trade Schools in North Carolina by CitySee trade schools in North Carolina >>
Being that the process of researching for the right college is troublesome and finding the right match can be difficult, we decided to make it easier for you to find the best of the best school and we created this list with certain data you should know about each of them.
We assure you that these schools are worth your attention.