If you have determined that a four-year education is not for you and that you want a school that will provide you with the education you need to perform a certain job then vocational schools, trade schools or career colleges are the right ones for you.
Carolinas Electrical Training Institute (CETI)
Enrollment: The application for the apprentice program is not complicated.
You need to access the application form on the school’s official website, fill out the application using your computer or phone, save the PDF and send the application to firstname.lastname@example.org.
You will sign the application when you come in for your interview.
Applications are accepted Monday-Friday from 8:30am to 4:30pm, but you need to call to schedule an appointment to bring your application and required documents.
Another way of submitting it is to print out your completed application and the requested supporting documentation -official transcripts or GED and mail them to the following address:
Charlotte Electrical JATC
1900 Cross Beam Drive
Charlotte, NC 28217
The institute requires certain applicant qualifications which make the selection process easier.
Applicants must be 18 years of age and possess an official copy of their High School or College Transcripts or GED.
Applicants must have a minimum grade of “C” or better in Algebra
and are required to take the NJATC Aptitude Test.
- CETI Electrical Apprenticeship Training Program
- Carolinas Electrical Training Institute (CETI)
- Address: 13530 S Ridge Dr, Charlotte, NC 28273
- Phone: +1 704-523-7001
- Web: http://carolinaseti.org
Alamance Community College
Enrollment: Steps in the admissions process vary depending on what kind of student you are, so when looking for the application form and required documents you need to select one of the following:
- Degree, diploma, certificate-seeking or transfer students (New or Returning)
- Visiting/Non-degree students
- Current high school students
- Non-U.S. citizens seeking a degree
- GED/adult high school students
- Personal interest students
- ESL students
- Distance learning students
The system will lead you through the next steps of the process.
However, all students must obtain an N.C. residency determination at www.ncresidency.org prior to submitting an ACC application, as well as Evidence of English Competency.
Next, they are supposed to submit official transcripts from secondary school(s) and/or college(s) attended.
Social security numbers are required for the FAFSA while some programs of study, such as Nursing and Dental Assisting, might require additional steps for acceptance.
Some of the programs available are the following:
- Business, Arts and Sciences
- Business Administration
- Information Technology
- Medical Office Administration
- Office Administration
- Spanish Language Certificates
- Health and Public Services
- Animal Care and Management Technology
- Associate in General Education
- Basic Laboratory Techniques Certificate
- Criminal Justice Technology
- Dental Assisting
- Early Childhood Associate
- Fire Protection Technology
- Medical Assisting
- Medical Laboratory Technology
- Nurse Aide
- Alamance Community College
- Address: 1247 Jimmie Kerr Rd, Graham, NC 27253
- Phone: +1 336-578-2002
- Web: https://www.alamancecc.edu
Wake Technical Community Clg
Enrollment: There are some general eligibility requirements for enrolling in this college.
If you graduated from a US high school within the last 10 years, you will be admitted and placed in classes based on your unweighted GPA.
The first step in applying is to find the career you want to get the degree or certificate in.
The next thing you need to do is to complete the NC Residency Determination Interview and submit an online application to be a Wake Tech Student.
You are also required to submit Official Transcript from high school, or high school equivalency, and previous college(s). You need to ask your school to send the transcripts to email@example.com or mail them to:
Wake Tech Admissions
9101 Fayetteville Road
Raleigh NC 27603-5696
Health Sciences programs require all high school and college transcripts.
Once you have completed all these, you need to meet with an Advisor and attend New Student Orientation.
- Applied Engineering & Technologies
- Arts, Humanities, and Social Sciences
- Business & Public Services Technologies
- Computer Technologies
- Health Sciences
- Mathematics, Sciences, & Engineering
- Wake Technical Community Clg
- Address: 519 Industrial Dr, Zebulon, NC 27597,
- Phone: +1 919-866-5000
- Web: https://www.waketech.edu
Charlotte Diesel School
TransTech is licensed by the North Carolina Division of Motor Vehicles as a truck driver training school and third party examination site to perform CDL Skills Examinations.
Charlotte Diesel School staff serves students with great determination and dedication.
Enrollment: If you are interested in enrolling in this school, you need to fill out the application form which can be found on the school’s official website.
Make sure you gather all the necessary documentation prior to start the application process as you will need to know the following:
- Social Security Number
- Home address history for the past 3 years
- Current driver license number and driver license history for the past 3 years
- Employment history up to 10 years
- History of traffic accidents, violations and/or convictions from the last 3 years
- Military history (if applicable)
Furthermore, you must meet the following criteria:
- Must be 21 years of age or older
- Must not have had any felonies for the last 7 years.
- Truck Driver Training
- Corporate Driving Training
- Charlotte Diesel School
- Address: 4424 Wilkinson Blvd, Charlotte, NC 28208
- Phone: +1 704-597-9550
- Web: https://www.trans-tech.net
Guilford Technical Community College
Enrollment: The requirements related to the application process are the following:
pply for Financial Aid if necessary.
Only then you will be allowed to activate your Student Account and complete the Online Orientation.
Fees: Current Tuition is $76.00 per credit for in-state/$268.00 per credit out-of-state, while fees are the following:
Student Activity Fee: 1-11 credit hours $15.00, 12 or more credit hours $26.25
Campus, Access, Parking, Security Fee: 1-11 credit hours $25.00, 12 or more credit hours $50.00
Instructional Technology Fee: 1-11 credit hours $10.00, 12 or more credit hours $16.00.
Among so many courses offered, these are just a few to mention:
- Accounting Specialist (Hybrid)
- Activity Director – Basic
- Advertising and Graphic Design
- Air Conditioning, Heating, and Refrigeration Technology
- Aircraft Structures Assembly and Repair
- Apartment Maintenance Technician
- Architectural Technology
- Arts & Crafts
- Associate in Arts – Communication Studies
- Associate in Fine Arts
- Associate in Science
- AutoCAD and Revit
- Automotive Systems Technology – Ford ASSET
- Aviation Management
- Aviation Manufacturing Quick Careers Program (AMQCP): Composite Technology Level 1
- Basic Law Enforcement Training (BLET)
- Guilford Technical Community College
- Address: 901 S Main St, High Point, NC 27260
- Phone: +1 336-334-4822
- Web: https://www.gtcc.edu
Beyond Measure Barbering Institute
Beyond Measure Barbering Institute is accredited by the National Accrediting Commission of Career Arts & Sciences.
Enrollment: Admission is available only to those people who have a high school diploma or the equivalent (GED).
Applicants are encouraged to apply whenever they want but will enter the barber program at the beginning of each month.
Prior to the interview, they need to possess a copy of a High School Diploma, GED, or its equivalent, a copy of your State issued Photo I.D (Driver’s License), completed BMB Enrollment Application and completed NCBB Enrollment Application.
These documents can be brought to the interview, faxed, or emailed.
Applications documentation can be sent electronically at firstname.lastname@example.org, or by mail to the following address:
Director of Admissions
Beyond Measure Barbering Institute
524 W. Center St.
Mebane, NC 27302.
An FBI criminal background check is mandatory for all potential students.
Fees: You will have to pay the following:
Administration Fee $ 300.00
Application Fee $ 100.00
Books/Kit: $ 900.00
Tuition: $ 15,700.00
Student Permit: $ 50.00
Total $ 16,950.00
- Beyond Measure Barbering Institute
- Address: 524 W Center St, Mebane, NC 27302
- Phone: +1 919-415-1437
- Web: https://www.beyondmeasurebarbering.com
Carolina School of Broadcasting
Carolina School of Broadcasting is accredited by the ACCSC – Accrediting Commission of Careers Schools and Colleges.
Students will be working with instructors who are successful broadcast professionals.
Enrollment: The eligibility requirements have to be met if you plan to enroll in this school.
You must be at least 18 years of age and have earned a High School Diploma or GED prior to starting class.
A transcript from all previous educational facilities attended must be on file prior to the first day of the class.
The application process consists of an interview and admissions test, being that CSB is in pursuit of students who are looking for a successful career in radio or television.
You can either mail your completed application to:
Carolina School of Broadcasting
3435 Performance Road
Charlotte, NC 28214
or scan it and email it to email@example.com.
Fees: Besides the Application Fee of $150, you will have to pay the Enrollment Fee of $500 and Tuition costs of $16,100.
- DIGITAL MEDIA TECHNOLOGY PROGRAM
- Carolina School of Broadcasting
- Address: 3435 Performance Rd, Charlotte, NC 28214
- Phone: +1 704-395-9272
- Web: http://www.csbradiotv.edu
Charlotte Dental Assistant School
The dental assistant program lasts 12 weeks, and upon completion of our program, you will receive Dental Assistant Certificate of Completion.
Enrollment: The application process consists of a few steps, and the first one is to schedule a campus visit and a meeting with an Admissions Representative.
He/she will help you fill out the application paperwork and contact you later on if you are accepted into the program.
Then, you are supposed to pay a deposit to reserve your spot in the class.
The admission requirements are the following:
- A high school diploma or GED.
- An up-to-date immunization record.
- A government-issued photo ID.
If you do not have proof of secondary education, you can be accepted by achieving a passing score on the Wonderlic Basic Skills Test.
Fees: There is no application fee and the school offers three options to pay for the tuition.
Option 1: if you pay it in full – $3,650
Option 2: $3,770
Option 3: $3,810
For more information about the payment plans, you will speak with the admission representative.
- Dental Assistant
- Charlotte Dental Assistant School
- Address: 5950 Fairview Rd #16, Charlotte, NC 28210
- Phone: +1 704-419-8666
- Web: https://charlottedentalassistantschool.com
Lenoir Community College
Lenoir Community College is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges.
Enrollment: Lenoir Community College is available for persons who are 18 years of age or older.
Those interested in enrolling should complete an online Lenoir Community College Application for Admissions. You will be redirected to the CFNC.org website to complete the application and you will have to provide your Residency Certificate Number.
If you do not already have a Residency Certificate Number (RCN), you will apply for residency determination at the same time as you complete your admissions application on the CFNC website.
Furthermore, you are supposed to submit official copies of transcripts from your high school and any colleges you have attended, but applicants with a bachelor’s degree or higher are not required to submit a high school transcript.
Applicants having a High School Equivalency Diploma should submit either the certificate or the official scores.
Schools may send official transcripts to Lenoir Community College by mail, fax or electronically.
Lenoir Community College
PO Box 188
Kinston, NC 28502.
- Arts and Sciences
- Business Programs
- Industry Programs
- Health Sciences
- Nursing programs
- Learning Assistance Program
- Lenoir Community College
- Phone: +1 252-527-6223
- Web: https://www.lenoircc.edu
Carolinas College of Health Sciences
Carolinas College of Health Sciences is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC) to award associate degrees and begin offering baccalaureate degrees.
Enrollment: Future students should pay particular attention to admission requirements and application deadlines.
Application requirements are specific for each program, but all applicants are screened for criminal background and employment records that may indicate problematic behaviors.
Each program has its own application deadlines and the information about that is available on the school’s official website.
The majority of programs require that prospective students submit completed application forms with their official college transcripts from a U.S. accredited institution and a minimum college GPA of 2.50.
Make sure you are eligible for the program before you submit the application.
Fees: Each program has its own fees and tuition costs.
You will have to pay non-refundable application fee: $60
Admissions Deposit (non-refundable): $200
Graduation Fee $200.
- Pre-Nursing & Pre-Radiologic Technology
- Medical Laboratory Science
- Specialist in Blood Bank Technology
- Radiation Therapy
- Radiologic Technology
- Carolinas College of Health Sciences
- Address: 1200 Blythe Blvd, Charlotte, NC 28203
- Phone: +1 704-355-5043
- Web: https://atriumhealth.org
Trade Schools in North Carolina by City
Now that you know that not all vocational schools are reputable you should research any school you hope to attend and its training program, as well as accreditation before you make the final decision.