|$ Study Guides: $10-$40||$ $ AP Exam: $87|
The Advanced Placement tests are exams concluding many AP courses at high school.
A lot of colleges and universities accept the completion of AP programs along with a passed exam as credit toward getting a college degree.
The Advanced Placement exams are 33, all administered by The College Board.
- The price of the test is $87; however, students from outside the United States usually pay higher rates.
- The College Board official study guides are priced between $10 and $40.
- Certain companies, such as The Princeton Review, have $10 per hour tutoring.
- The third-party tutors’ online guidance is available through companies such as EduWizards, which offers up to three half-hour trial sessions for free.
What Is Included
- There is a test fee of $87 which includes a basic test, a score report to be sent to the high school and distribution of scores to colleges or universities.
- There is a charge extra for the year-long AP classes that precede the examination at most high schools.
- The rest of the test fees include scores by phone for about $8, also rush score reports ($25) and score withholding ($10 per college).
- Some high schools require students to pay fees for textbooks for AP classes as textbooks can cost more than $100.
- Bookstores and online retailers provide study books and other helpful materials, where supplies cost around $10-$25.
- The change of the test date costs $24, and the change of the test place is another $24.
- Fee reductions of about $30 are available for some AP students who qualify based on financial need, which reduces the cost of the test to $57.
- Students can save hundreds of dollars in tuition, student fees, and textbook charges bypassing the AP exam and getting college credit while still in high school.
- The exact savings vary widely based on what college a student plans to attend.
Shopping For An Ap Test
The Princeton Review and some test-preparation companies offer online classes and tutoring.
Check Laredo Sun article, which offers tips for how to choose a tutor.
Featured Online Programs
Learn at home, at your own pace.
HVAC TechRequest Info
Auto MechanicRequest Info
Phlebotomy TechnicianRequest Info
Medical AssistantRequest Info
Medical Billing and CodingRequest Info
See More TradesRequest Info