There are plenty of reasons why you should decide to learn a trade.
People usually choose it because they can enjoy a stable and satisfying career while not investing too much energy and money in longer education.
When trade schools in Nebraska are in question, the possibilities are abundant, so we have chosen ten top schools you can choose from without regretting your decision.
Providence Health Career Institute
Providence Health Career Institute, LLC is accredited by the Nebraska Commissioner of Education.
Enrollment: Just as for any other school, certain eligibility requirements have to be met.
Entrance Requirements for Nurse Aide Course are that the future student must be at least 16 years of age, understand the English language and be of good moral character.
Entrance Requirements for Medication Aide Course are that the prospective student has to be at least 18 years of age, understand the English language and be of good moral character.
The registration form can be either submitted online or sent via mail to Providence Health Career Institute, 4600 Valley Road, Suite 412, Lincoln, NE 68510.
The online form should be e-mailed to email@example.com or fax to (402) 483-6701.
Fees: Tuition varies depending on the program you choose.
- Nurse Aide Course costs $399 for tuition and $95 for the textbook and skills DVD.
- Medication Aide Course costs $299 for tuition and $60 for the textbook.
- Nurse Aide Course
- Medication Aide Course
- Providence Health Career Institute
- Address: 4600 Valley Rd #412, Lincoln, NE 68510
- Phone: +1 402-326-2792
- Web: https://www.providencehealthcareer.com
Universal College of Healing Arts
Universal College of Healing Arts is accreditated by the
Accrediting Bureau for Health Education Schools, for the Massage Therapy/Blended Diploma Program, the Associates Degree Program, and the Hellerwork Structural Integration Practitioner Program.
Enrollment: If you are interested in enrolling, you should know that the following requirements have to be fulfilled so as to become a Licensed Massage Therapist:
• The applicants must be 19 years of age and have good moral character.
• They must have a high school/GED diploma and have successfully completed a 1,000 hour approved pre-licensing Massage/ or
1025 hour Hellerwork course with an additional 60 hrs. of Pathology and 100 hrs. of
• Furthermore, they must pass the Bodywork Licensing Examination (MBLEx).
The enrollment procedure starts with arranging a tour of the facility and filling out the application form.
Each program has its own application forms and registration fees.
Applicants for the Massage Therapy Programs who have not received a professional massage will be required to do so, while applicants for the Hellerwork Program will need to
complete the first three sessions of the Structural Integration Series.
Also, the applicant would need to submit a copy of a high school diploma or GED and a copy of a photo ID which can be done by mail or provided in person.
Fees: Massage Therapy Program requires that you pay a refundable $50 application fee, while Hellerwork SI requires the payment of a refundable $200 application fee.
- Massage Therapy Program
- Associate of Applied Science
- Hellerwork Structural Integration
- Universal College of Healing Arts
- Address: 8702 N 30th St, Omaha, NE 68112
- Phone: +1 402-556-4456
- Web: https://www.ucha.edu
Heartland Dental Assisting
Heartland Dental Assisting is licensed through the Department of Private and Post-secondary Schools of Nebraska.
Enrollment: In case you want to enroll in this school, it is important to know that not everyone is eligible.
The admission is open to qualified applicants, so prospective students must provide proof of being at least 18 years old or older and complete the application form in which they will speak about their personal and educational details.
The application form requires that the applicant writes 1,000 words essay in which he/she will describe what he/she has been doing since high school and why he/she wants to be a dental assistant.
Furthermore, he/she should describe any leadership and/or volunteer roles and any obstacles that he/she may have had to overcome to meet his/her goal.
The next step is the signing of an enrollment agreement and paying the tuition.
Fees: Tuition payment has to be made in full prior to the first day of class or students can sign a payment arrangement.
- Dental assistant
- Heartland Dental Assisting
- Address: 13215 Birch Dr. Suite 101, Omaha, NE 68164
- Phone: +1 402-498-8804
- Web: https://www.omahadentalassisting.com
Capitol School of Hairstyling & Esthetics
Capitol is one of the most popular hair schools in Nebraska.
Students graduate in about 12 months from the Cosmetology Program, while it takes about 4 months to finish the Esthetics program.
Enrollment: The enrollment process starts by filling out the application form and submitting it.
Classes typically fill up 10-14 months in advance, so early registration is always recommended.
The question you are supposed to answer is: Why are you interested in Capitol?
Once your information has been received, you will get either a call or an email during which you will schedule an interview with Admissions Personnel.
To be eligible to apply for school, you must pass our Entrance Exam with 80% or higher.
The representatives will pick a student that is passionate, intelligent, and serious about school.
Fees: Tuition varies depending on the program you choose.
Cosmetology tuition and fees are the following:
- Registration fee – $150.00
- Tuition – $17,095.00
- Kit fee – $850.00
- Supplies – $2,000.00
- Total Tuition and Fees – $20,095.00
Esthetics tuition and fees are:
- Registration fee – $150.00
- Tuition – $8,495.00
- Kit fee – $1,755.00
- Supplies – $1,000.00
- Total Tuition and Fees $11,400.00
- Capitol School of Hairstyling & Esthetics
- Address: 10803 John Galt Blvd, Omaha, NE 68137
- Phone: +1 402-333-3329
- Web: http://www.capitollook.com
Omaha School of Massage Therapy
Enrollment: Applications are accepted throughout the year, but you are supposed to submit a completed application at least 30 days prior to the intended start date.
Being physically capable of performing the massage techniques is the most important for enrollment.
The application requires that you write a one-paragraph essay which will answer the question: Why do you want to be a Licensed Massage Therapist?
The documentation that has to be provided is a High School Diploma, Transcripts or GED Certificate and College Transcripts.
You are also supposed to meet with Admissions Representative.
Fees: If you are interested in the amount that has to be paid so as to enroll the classes, you should know that the full tuition, including massage table, books, and MBlex Exam fee is $9,000.
Additional Supplies & Costs that have to be paid are the enrollment fee of $50 and Massage Oils/Creams which might range from $50 to $100.
You can either pay it in full prior to the beginning of the classes or use an extended plan and make a minimum deposit of 10% of the total tuition and 12 monthly payments thereafter.
- MASSAGE THEORY AND PRACTICE I AND II
- ANATOMY AND PHYSIOLOGY I AND LAB I
- ANATOMY AND PHYSIOLOGY II AND LAB II
- KINESIOLOGY I AND II
- ADVANCED HYDROTHERAPY
- BUSINESS & HEALTH SERVICE MANAGEMENT
- PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT I AND II
- THERAPEUTIC STRATEGIES AND DECISION MAKING
- EASTERN WELLNESS
- STUDENT CLINIC
- CPR AND FIRST AID TRAINING AND CERTIFICATION
- SPECIALTY AREAS IN MASSAGE PRACTICE
- Omaha School of Massage Therapy
- Address: 5406 S 99th St, Omaha, NE 68127
- Phone: +1 402-331-3694
- Web: http://osmt.com
Joseph's College Cosmetology - Grand Island Campus
Joseph’s College is accredited by the State of Nebraska Department of Health Bureau of Examining Boards.
Enrollment: Those students who are currently still attending high school can also apply now and submit the copy of their diploma when they graduate.
The application procedure starts with filling out the application form or calling to schedule a campus visit.
Once you have submitted the application form, you will be called or texted by Joseph’s College Cosmetology representative to schedule your tour and to get further information related to registration.
In addition to submitting your application online, you will have to send the following documentation to the Admissions Office.
- Copy of Birth Certificate
- Copy of High School Diploma, GED, or High School Transcripts
- Marriage License
- Criminal Record
These documents should be mailed to:
ATTN: Joseph’s College Corporate Office Admissions
3516 South 48th Street
Lincoln, NE 68506
Fees: There is a $50.00 application fee.
- Joseph’s College Cosmetology – Grand Island Campus
- Address: 3415 W State St suite d, Grand Island, NE 6
- Phone: +1 308-381-8848
- Web: https://www.josephscollege.edu
Aviation Institute UNO
The University of Nebraska Omaha (UNO) Aviation Institute’s Bachelor of Science in Aviation-Air Transport Administration is accredited by the Aviation Accreditation Board International.
Enrollment: This institute has quite demanding eligibility requirements that prospective students have to meet.
Admission requirements are that the student upon high school graduation has:
- 4 Years of English
- 3 Years of Mathematics
- 3 Years of Social Science
- 3 Years of Natural Science
- 2 Years of Foreign Language (same language)
- 1 Year of Additional Academic Requirement
He/she is supposed to meet one of the following requirements as well:
- Rank in the upper one-half of their graduating high school class
- ACT composite of 20 or higher
- SAT score of 950 or higher
Transfer Requirements are 24 transfer credit hours with a 2.5 GPA.
If you consider yourself eligible, you are encouraged to apply.
Fees: Estimated college costs for in-state residents are $19,062, while for out-of-state residents they are $31,326.
There are more than 200 programs available, and these are just a few of them:
- Adapted Physical Education, Secondary Education
- Advanced Writing
- Air Transportation Administration
- American Government and Politics
- American Literature
- Analytical Sciences
- Ancient Mediterranean Studies
- Applied Behavior Analysis
- Architectural Engineering
- Area Studies
- Art History
- Artificial Intelligence
- Athletic Training
- Aviation Administration
- Aviation Studies
- Banking and Financial Markets
- Basic Business,
- Behavior Intervention Specialist
- Behavioral Health
- Behaviorally Disordered, Special Education
- Bilingual Education
- Aviation Institute UNO
- Address: 6001 Dodge St, Omaha, NE 68182
- Phone: +1 402-554-3424
- Web: https://www.unomaha.edu
UNMC College of Nursing
The University of Nebraska Medical Center is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission, a commission of the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools.
Enrollment: Applications for admission are submitted through NursingCAS.
You will have to provide your college transcripts listing all undergraduate and graduate coursework, your resume and the names and contact information of three professional references including their email addresses.
Each applicant is asked to compose a Personal Statement to their NursingCAS application and upload the most current CV.
If you happen to be accepted, you will have to submit the following:
- proof of current health immunizations
- a criminal history check
- proof of a current unencumbered RN license
- a copy of a current BLS certification
- completion of UNMC required compliance training.
Fees: Tuition rates are prone to change, but these are approximate values:
Undergraduate Nursing program for Nebraska Residents costs $358.25/credit hour, while non-residents have to pay $963.25/credit hour.
Graduate Nursing program is $576.00/credit hour for residents and $1,040.50/credit hour for non-residents.
Undergraduate programs are:
- Traditional BSN
- Accelerated BSN
- RN to BSN Program
- Scholar Programs
Graduate programs are:
- Doctor of Philosophy
- Doctor of Nursing Practice
- Doctoral Faculty in Nursing
- UNMC College of Nursing
- Address: 1601 E 27th St, Scottsbluff, NE 69361
- Phone: +1 308-632-0413
- Web: https://www.unmc.edu
JTL Truck Driver Training
JTL Truck Driver Training is licensed by the Nebraska Department of Motor Vehicles.
Being that the demand for truck drivers is growing and you want to get started with a new career path, JTL Truck Driver Training’s program will prepare you to be a safe driver.
Enrollment: People who are eager to entre this kind of education should meet certain eligibility requirements, as not everyone is accepted.
The prospective student must be able to:
- Pass a Department of Transportation Physical
- Pass a Drug Screen.
- Allow the school to obtain prospective student’s driving record for the previous 3 years, minimum
- Have no DUI/DWI in the last 5 years
- Have no more than 3 moving violations in the past 3 years
- Have no serious moving violations in the past 5 years
- Have a good employment record
- Be able to read and speak the English language
- Be able to understand highway traffic signs and signals in the English language
- Have a minimum of a High School Diploma, GED, or equivalent
- Have no recent felonies, misdemeanors, or drug-related convictions.
- JTL Class ‘A’ CDL Training
- Professional Driver Field Training
- Classroom CDL Training
- JTL Truck Driver Training
- Address: 10008 Sapp Brothers Dr, Omaha, NE 68138
- Phone: +1 402-932-0000
- Web: https://www.jtlcdltraining.com
If you are eager to start a new career related to cosmetology, then Xenon is the right place for you.
The cosmetology program at Xenon Academy is where you can learn about hair, skin, and nails, while the esthetics course would allow you to focus on skincare, makeup, and spa services.
Enrollment: You should know that the Xenon Academy limits the number of enrollments in each class.
You need to select your program and choose which campus you are interested in attending first.
So as to apply for admission you do not only need to complete the application form available on the Academy’s official website, but you should also mail or bring to the Enrollment Office at Xenon Academy a copy of High School Diploma / G.E.D. / College Transcript, a copy of Birth Certificate or verification of birth, a photo I.D. or Photograph.
Fees: You are supposed to pay the application fee before you start the classes.
- Xenon Academy
- Address: 8516 Park Dr, Omaha, NE 68127
- Phone: +1 402-393-2933
- Web: https://www.xenonacademy.net
Trade Schools in Nebraska by City
There are hundreds of different jobs that involve skilled labor, so the first thing you need to do is narrow your focus and pick the field you want to study.
You do not have to get a four-year college degree to learn a trade, but you will typically need to complete some post-secondary education, and which school best suits your needs is up to you to decide.