School choice is a difficult, yet very important task in everyone’s life.
It can determine your future career path and your way of living as well, that is why hours and hours are usually spent researching on the Internet.
However, this research leads to a variety of school models offered that can meet the needs and interests of a variety of students, but how to determine which one is the right for you.
We have made a list of top ten trade schools in Omaha, NE with the aim to help you.
Universal College of Healing Arts
Universal College of Healing Arts has institutional accreditation from ABHES, the Accrediting Bureau for Health Education Schools, for the Massage Therapy/Blended Diploma Program, the Associates Degree Program, and the Hellerwork Structural Integration Practitioner Program.
Enrollment: Universal College of Healing Arts has certain admission requirements, which means that only those who meet them will be admitted to this school.
Persons who have a high school diploma or its equivalent (GED), with no age limitations are eligible to apply.
Then, the following additional criteria are considered:
- Students need to have life experiences, which blend well with Bodywork Therapies.
- Students should demonstrate a commitment to community service and/or involvement with the health and welfare of others.
- Students need to articulate their own learning goals, have the ability to read, write, and speak English and possess the ability to work in a cooperative/group environment.
- Students must have the emotional awareness to receive and give feedback and be able to commit themselves to the values and policies of the program.
There are some application and enrollment Procedures determined by the admission office.
The first step is to review the student catalog online at ucha.edu and schedule a tour of the facility.
Applicants for the Massage Therapy Programs who have not received a professional massage will be required to do so, while applicants for the Hellerwork Program will need to complete the first three sessions of the Structural Integration Series.
The Massage Therapy Programs applicant will have to pay a Refundable $50 application fee online or mail check and submit a copy of your high school diploma or GED, and a copy of a photo ID.
For the Hellerwork SI program, applicants must complete the Application online and pay a Refundable $200 application fee online or mail check and also submit a copy of your high school diploma or GED, and a copy of a photo ID.
- Massage Therapy Diploma Program
- Associate of Applied Science
- Hellerwork Structural Integration Practitioner Training Program
- Universal College of Healing Arts
- Address: 8702 N 30th St, Omaha, NE 68112
- Phone: +1 402-556-4456
- Web: https://www.ucha.edu
Capitol School of Hairstyling & Esthetics
Enrollment: On the school’s official website there is an enrollment application form that applicants are supposed to fill out and submit.
Some of the details that have to be provided are personal information, which program you would like to attend and reasons why are you interested in enrolling in the Capitol School of Hairstyling & Esthetics.
If you are interested in applying, call the school today to schedule a personal, one-hour admissions interview and tour.
Fees: The tuition costs depend on the program you choose to attend.
Esthetics Tuition and Fees are the following:
- Registration Fee with application $150.
- Tuition $8,495
- Kit fee $1,755
- Supplies $1,000
Cosmetology Tuition & Fees are:
- Registration fee with application $150
- Kit fee with application $850.
- Tuition $17,095
- Supplies $2,000.
- Cosmetology Program
- Esthetics Program
- Instructor Program
- Capitol School of Hairstyling & Esthetics
- Address: 10803 John Galt Blvd, Omaha, NE 68137
- Phone: +1 402-333-3329
- Web: https://www.hairschoolomaha.com
Heartland Dental Assisting
People interested in dental assisting careers will not make a mistake if they enroll in Heartland Dental Assisting training programs due to the fact that they are approved and regulated by the Nebraska Department of Education, Division of Private Post-secondary Career Schools.
Enrollment: If you are interested in the entrance requirements, you would be glad to know that the admission is open to any qualified applicant.
Qualified people will not be excluded from enrollment into the Heartland Dental Assisting training program, but prospective students must meet the requirements:
- Provide proof of being at least 18 years old or older
- Complete enrollment agreement
- Make arrangements to pay the tuition before starting
Fees: Tuition for the school is $3,500 to be paid in full prior to the first day of class.
Furthermore, the school offers a possibility of splitting the tuition into two payments of $1,750 with the first payment due prior to the first day of class and the second payment around the 5th week.
Also, you can get financing options that will allow you low monthly payments.
- Dental Assistant
- Heartland Dental Assisting
- Address: 13215 Birch Dr. Suite 101, Omaha, NE 68164
- Phone: +1 402-498-8804
- Web: https://www.omahadentalassisting.com/
Omaha School of Massage Therapy
Enrollment: If the Omaha School of Massage Therapy is your future educational institution, you would be glad to find out that applications are accepted throughout the year.
Applicants are supposed to submit a completed application at least 30 days prior to their intended start date.
Applicants must be physically capable of performing the massage techniques.
Besides the application form, the following documents must be submitted:
- A one-paragraph essay on “Why you want to be a Licensed Massage Therapist”
- High School Diploma, Transcripts or GED Certificate
- College Transcripts (if applicable)
- Enrollment Fee of $50
- Tour of School/Meet with Admissions Representative
Who will be accepted is determined upon the information presented in the application, personal interview and the timely receipt of the enrollment requirements and fees.
Fees: Full Tuition that has to be paid which includes Massage Table, Books, and MBlex Exam Fee is $9,000
Additional Supplies & Costs are the Enrollment fee: $50 and Massage Oils/Creams estimated to be between $50 and $100.
- MASSAGE THEORY AND PRACTICE I AND II
- ANATOMY AND PHYSIOLOGY I AND LAB I
- ANATOMY AND PHYSIOLOGY II AND LAB II
- KINESIOLOGY I AND II
- ADVANCED HYDROTHERAPY
- BUSINESS & HEALTH SERVICE MANAGEMENT
- PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT I AND II
- THERAPEUTIC STRATEGIES AND DECISION MAKING
- EASTERN WELLNESS
- STUDENT CLINIC
- CPR AND FIRST AID TRAINING AND CERTIFICATION
- SPECIALTY AREAS IN MASSAGE PRACTICE
- Omaha School of Massage Therapy
- Address: 5406 S 99th St, Omaha, NE 68127
- Phone: +1 402-331-3694
- Web: http://osmt.com
Aviation Institute UNO
The University of Nebraska Omaha (UNO) Aviation Institute’s Bachelor of Science in Aviation-Air Transport Administration concentration has been accredited by the Aviation Accreditation Board International.
Enrollment: There are certain admissions Requirements that each applicant to the Aviation Institute is required to fulfill.
You will need to complete an application form, register for and take the ACT or SAT and pay a $45 application fee which is required for all new First-Year, Transfer, and Non-Degree/Visiting student applicants.
The admission requirements to the University of Nebraska Omaha for Freshman are the following:
Meet all core course requirements upon High School graduation:
- 4 Years of English
- 3 Years of Mathematics
- 3 Years of Social Science
- 3 Years of Natural Science
- 2 Years of Foreign Language (same language)
- 1 Year of Additional Academic Requirement
The applicants need to meet one of the following:
- Rank in the upper one-half of their graduating high school class
- ACT composite of 20 or higher
- SAT score of 950 or higher
If you are interested in transferring your credits, here are the requirements:
- 24 transfer credit hours with a 2.5 GPA
- Air Transport Administration.
- Professional Flight
- Unmanned Aircraft System
- Aviation Institute UNO
- Address: 6001 Dodge St, Omaha, NE 68182
- Phone: +1 402-554-3424
- Web: https://www.unomaha.edu
Metropolitan Community College
MCC is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission and all College programs are approved by the Nebraska State Department of Education for veterans’ educational benefits.
Enrollment: If you belong to those people eager to apply, you should have in mind that any person may be enrolled who is at least 16 years of age and who meet the enrollment requirements.
Metropolitan Community College is an open-enrollment institution and interested applicants are required to complete the online application or if they have trouble with it, they can call the Contact Center for assistance with enrollment at 531-622-2400.
Some programs have specific requirements and students may be required to take developmental coursework or prerequisite credit courses/programs prior to entering select MCC classes.
Official transcripts are required after students have met with an academic advisor, reviewed their unofficial transcript and declared a major.
The transcript must be in a sealed envelope from that institution.
Fees: The costs for residents are the following:
- Standard tuition $64.00/credit hr.
- High school students $32.00/credit hr.
- People 62 years of age or older $32.00/credit hr.
Non-residents will have to pay:
- Standard tuition $96.00/credit hr.
- People 62 years of age or older $48.00/credit hr.
These are just some of the programs:
- Accounting, Business Administration, and Legal
- Art, Design, and Communications
- Community and Human Services
- Culinary, Hospitality, and Horticulture
- Health Sciences and Health Technology
- Metropolitan Community College
- Address: 5370 N 30th St, Omaha, NE 68111
- Phone: +1 402-457-2400
- Web: https://mccneb.edu
Enrollment: Application Process at Xenon Academy is made simple, but not everyone will be accepted as the school limits the number of enrollments in each class.
To apply, each applicant will need to schedule and complete an assessment prior to enrollment and support the admission application with the following documentation:
- Copy of your High School Diploma or GED
- Copy of your Birth Certificate/Verification
- Photo ID/Photo
- Administrative Fee
Once you complete the application form available on the official website, you need to mail it or bring it to the Enrollment Office at Xenon Academy, along with the supporting documents.
If you possess a foreign high school diploma, it must be translated to English, be verified for validity.
You are also required to write an essay stating interests and reasons for attending Xenon Academy.
You can come to a campus one-on-one tour and your visit will be 45 minutes long.
During the tour, you will be informed about everything that the school has to offer in the fields of Cosmetology, Esthetics, or Barbering, as well as all the financing options.
- Xenon Academy
- Address: 8516 Park Dr, Omaha, NE 68127
- Phone: +1 402-393-2933
- Web: https://www.xenonacademy.net
Midwest School of Massage
Enrollment: Midwest School of Massage has determined the admission requirements based on which the selection of students is made.
- The applicant must be 18 years of age or have written parental consent.
- Applicant must submit a completed application form and $50 registration fee at least 10 days before classes begin
- The applicant must submit a copy of his/her high school diploma or G.E.D. certificate.
- The applicant must be physically, mentally, emotionally, and financially capable of completing the course.
- The applicant must submit a copy of a current photo ID.
- He/she must submit a completed essay question that has to speak about his/her interest in the massage field and your past experiences.
- Applicants must submit one letter of recommendation from a former employer, and one from a personal acquaintance, preferably someone in a health care profession
- The applicant must be free of felony convictions.
Fees: These are the fees that have to be paid:
- Enrollment Fee – $50
- Tuition which includes books/notes, massage table, MBLEX exam fee – $8,500
- 2 Clinic Uniform Tops – $70
- Health Services
- First Aid
- Midwest School of Massage
- Address: 6550 S 84th St #400, Omaha, NE 68127
- Phone: +1 402-331-8383
- Web: http://midwestschoolofmassage.net
JTL Truck Driver Training
If you are looking for the best truck driving school for yourself or your child, JTL Truck Driver Training is a perfect solution.
Enrollment: So as to be allowed to enroll, a student has to meet some requirements.
A qualified student you must be able to:
- Pass a Department of Transportation Physical.
- Pass a Drug Screen.
- Allow us to obtain your driving record for the previous 3 years
- Have no DUI/DWI in the last 5 years
- Have no more than 3 moving violations in the past 3 years
- Have no “Serious” moving violations in the past 5 years such as speeding 15 MPH or above, willful reckless or reckless driving (subject to review).
- Have a good employment record
- Be able to read and speak the English language
- Have a minimum of a High School Diploma, GED, or equivalent.
- Have no recent felonies, misdemeanors, or drug-related convictions.
If you meet all the above-mentioned requirements, you are highly encouraged to apply for enrollment and your application will not be rejected.
- JTL Class ‘A’ CDL Training
- JTL Truck Driver Training
- Address: 10008 Sapp Brothers Dr, Omaha, NE 68138
- Phone: +1 402-932-0000
- Web: https://jtlcdltraining.com
Quality Career Pathways
Enrollment: Each course offered has its own entrance requirements so it is significant that the applicant gets acquainted with those related to the course he/she is interested in.
The requirements for the CNA course are the following:
- The applicant must be 16 years of age.
- He/she must be able to speak, read, write and understand English.
- The applicant has to be aware of eligibility requirements for placement on the State Nurse Aide Registry and/or employment, being that people with a criminal record, substance abuse problems or health problems may not be eligible for state testing or employment.
- He/she needs to be in good physical health and able to lift 25 pounds.
Entrance Requirements for the CMA course are the following:
- The applicant must be at least 18 years of age.
- He/she needs to be able to speak, read, write and understand English.
- The applicant must be aware of eligibility requirements for placement on the state Medication Aide Registry.
Entrance Requirement for the Children’s Hospital and Medical Center Pediatric CNA are:
- He/she must have an active CNA license or currently attending classes at Quality prior to enrolling in this course
- Ability to speak, read, write and understand English
- In good physical health and able to lift 25 pounds
- Attend class at the Quality Career Pathways school in Omaha, NE.
- CNA: Certified Nursing Assistant
- CMA: Certified Medication Aide
- PEDS: Pediatric CNA
- BLS: Basic Life Support
- CNA Refresher
- Corporate Certifications
- Quality Career Pathways
- Address: 5437 N 103rd St, Omaha, NE 68134
- Phone: +1 402-518-5692
- Web: https://enrollatquality.com
Trade Schools in Nebraska by CitySee trade schools in Nebraska >>
There is an abundance of schools with innovative learning models that are doing their best to make themselves more attractive to new students.
You can be sure that all of the above-mentioned schools offer a high-quality educational curriculum and it is only up to you to select the one which suits your interests and can help you reach your dream career.