Trade schools have become more and more popular nowadays.
When choosing the best one for yourself, paying attention to the accreditation of the school is important, as well as programs offered and tuition costs.
In this article are some of the best schools in Baton Rouge, competing which one will be the most attractive to prospective students.
Remington College - Baton Rouge Campus
Remington College is proud to be accredited by the Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges (ACCSC) which is a nationally recognized accrediting agency.
Enrollment: The beginning of the enrollment process consists of contacting a Remington College Admissions Representative and Scheduling a Tour.
During the tour, you will get all the necessary information related to the application process, the admission officer will guide you through the admissions and enrollment process from start to finish and answer all your questions.
Then, you will have to choose your Degree or Diploma Program according to your interests, fill out an Application and an Enrollment Agreement.
The supporting documents that you need to provide are Proof of High School Graduation or a GED and you will need to take and pass a Standardized Entrance Test.
This test is not needed if you can show proof of an associate degree or higher from an accredited college.
- Database Management and Administration
- Heating, Ventilation, and Air Conditioning (HVAC)
- Medical Assisting
- Pharmacy Technician
- Restaurant, Hospitality, and Retail Management
- Computer-Aided Design and Drafting
- Facility Maintenance
- Heating, Ventilation, and Air Conditioning
- Medical Office Administration
- Nail Technician
- Pharmacy Technician
- Remington College-Baton Rouge Campus
- Address: 4520 S Sherwood Forest Blvd, Baton Rouge, LA 7081
- Phone: +1 225-240-7049
- Web: http://baton-rouge.remingtoncollege.edu
If the accreditation is the standard of excellence of one educational institution, then Fortis colleges and institutes are definitely among the best.
They are institutionally accredited by the following accrediting bodies:
- Accrediting Bureau of Health Education Schools (ABHES)
- Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges (ACCSC)
- Accrediting Council for Independent Colleges and Schools (ACICS)
- Accrediting Commission of the Accrediting Council for Continuing Education and Training (ACCET)
- Accrediting Commission of the Council on Occupational Education (COE)
Enrollment: The enrollment process is quicker and not at all troublesome so you will get the opportunity to meet with an admissions representative who will lead you through the steps of the admissions process and help you with all the doubts you might have.
During the meeting with him/her, you will get information on curriculum, procedures, and services and be assisted in setting necessary appointments and interviews.
All applicants are required to complete a personal information sheet.
Fees: Financial aid is available to those students who qualify.
- Medical Technologists
- Healthcare / Medical
- Business / Professional
- Information Technology
- Skilled Trades
- Commercial Driving
- Beauty & Wellness
- Fortis College
- Address: 14111 Airline Hwy, Baton Rouge, LA 70817
- Phone: +1 225-248-1015
- Web: https://www.fortis.edu/campuses/louisiana/baton-rouge.html
Baton Rouge Dental Assistant Academy
Students at Baton Rouge Dental Assistant Academy will get the possibility of entering their dental assistant program which provides hands-on training, low tuition costs, and everything you need to succeed as a dental assistant.
Enrollment: The admission process is made simple, consisting of a few steps but not everyone is allowed to apply.
Firstly, you are supposed to call the Academy and book your appointment to meet with a school representative who will do the touring of the school with you and help you with filling out an application form.
Admission specialists will then review your application and in case your application is approved, you will get an acceptance email welcoming your enrollment into the program.
After that, you will need to pay your down payment and submit your required enrollment documents through the online student portal.
Fees: There are some payment options available so you can either pay the full cost of $2,450 prior to the beginning of the first class or choose one of the two available payment plans.
- Dental Assistant
- Baton Rouge Dental Assistant Academy
- Address: 8894 Airline Hwy suite m, Baton Rouge, LA 70815
- Phone: +1 225-255-2719
- Web: https://batonrougedentalassistant.com
Baton Rouge School Of Computers
Enrollment: The school’s admission office has set some admissions policies and requirements
BRSC accepts students upon completion of a personal interview at the campus and the applicant will need to schedule an appointment with the Admissions Representative to review the programs offered.
During that meeting, the applicant will complete the Application for Admissions and receive a copy of the catalog.
Furthermore, BRSC has specific admissions criteria and they expect the student to show they can meet these requirements before we are able to accept their application for enrollment.
The student must submit a High School Diploma, GED, or Homeschool Diploma, transcripts from other postsecondary institutes, and copies of Driver’s License and Social Security Card.
Final acceptance is determined by the School Director upon completion of all requirements.
The student is required to register after notification of acceptance.
Fees: A $150 registration fee is required.
Some of the programs offered here are:
- School of Hardware Technology
- School of Software Applications
- School of Web Design
- School of Forensics and Network Security
- School of Electronics Technology
- Baton Rouge School Of Computers
- Address: 9352 Interline Ave, Baton Rouge, LA 70809
- Phone: +1 225-923-2524
- Web: https://www.brsc.edu
Richport Technical College
Richport Technical College is accredited and/or recognized by the following organizations:
- Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges (ACCSC)
- United States Department of Education
- Vocational Rehabilitation Administration
- Louisiana State Board of Cosmetology
Enrollment: TheRichport Technical College admission office has determined some admissions requirements that applicants interested in one of their programs have to meet.
First, applicants must visit the facilities to enroll in programs and must bring supporting documentation with them.
Make sure you bring all original documents and not a copy:
- Valid photo ID, such as passport and driver’s license
- High school diploma or equivalent or official sealed high school transcript
- Social Security card (or proof of student/work visa or refugee documents)
- Admissions fee of $100
- ID fee of $10
- State Board registration fee of $10 in Money Order7
All home-school graduates must submit the following documents, in addition to the items above:
- Home study transcript
- Transcript certification documents from the following state departments:
- Louisiana Department of Education
- Louisiana Board of Cosmetology
- Nail Technician
- Cosmetology and Styling
- Richport Technical College
- Address: 1817 S Sherwood Forest Blvd, Baton Rouge, LA 70816
- Phone: +1 225-955-5151
- Web: https://www.richporttech.org
Camelot College was nationally accredited as a business school, locally accredited by South Central Better Business Bureau since 1995 and further certified by the U.S. Department of Education.
Enrollment: If you belong to those prospective students, you must meet the following requirements prior to enrollment:
- The applicant must be a high school graduate or have a G.E.D. certification.
- The applicant must have an interest in the program to which he/she is applying.
- All applicants must provide proof of immunization compliance as per Louisiana R.S. 17:170/Schools of Higher Learning.
- The applicant must undergo an administrative interview prior to admission.
Applicants 17 years or older who do not meet the high school or G.E.D. requirements may qualify for admissions through our NEW Career Pathway Program if they achieve a passing score of at least 200/210 on the Wonderlic Ability to Benefit Test.
You should have in mind the fact that a person on whom the institution fails to receive financial aid or funding from an alternative source will not be recognized as a student.
- Advanced Medical Assistant
- Cosmetology Instructor
- Camelot College
- Address: 2618 Wooddale Blvd, Baton Rouge, LA 7080
- Phone: +1 225-928-3005
- Web: http://new.camelotcollege.com/programs.html
ITI Technical College
Enrollment: Now that you are reading this, you are probably interested in the admission process at ITI Technical College.
Actually, it is made very simple so that anyone interested can apply.
An applicant should request an appointment for a personal interview with an Admissions Representative of the College and the interview is designed so that each applicant is given information about the career opportunities in their program of interest.
The tour of the facilities gives the applicants an opportunity to meet the instructional staff.
At the end of the interview, applicants who meet the admission criteria may submit an application for enrollment.
Once you submit your application for admission, the admissions representatives will evaluate each applicant to ensure sufficient interest, educational background, and learning skills to pursue the field of his or her choice, thus determining whether he/she is a good match for this school.
Fees: For U.S. citizens and permanent residents, the options for financial assistance include federal loans and grants and those applicants who really need it are strongly encouraged to apply for financial aid at the same time they apply to ITI Technical College.
- AIR CONDITIONING & ELECTRICAL TECHNOLOGY (CERTIFICATE)
- ELECTRONIC SYSTEMS TECHNOLOGY (CERTIFICATE)
- INDUSTRIAL INSTRUMENTATION (CERTIFICATE)
- ELECTRICAL TECHNOLOGY (CERTIFICATE)
- OFFICE ADMINISTRATION (CERTIFICATE)
- MEDICAL CODING (CERTIFICATE)
- ITI Technical College
- Address: 13944 Airline Hwy, Baton Rouge, LA 7081
- Phone: +1 888-211-7165
- Web: https://www.iticollege.edu
National EMS Academy
NEMSA is now fully accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs.
Enrollment: If you want to know who is eligible for the National EMS Academy programs, we have to offer you all the program requirements that you must meet so as to be considered for admission.
For the EMT program, the applicant must be at least 18 years old before the date of the certification exam, demonstrate a minimum standard of reading aptitude and be physically able to perform the duties of an EMT
He has to submit verification of immunization records, as well as AHA BLS CPR certification or ARC CPR for the professional rescuer.
For the Paramedic program, the eligibility requirements are quite different:
- EMT – National Registered or State Registered
- High School Diploma/GED/HiSET or college transcript
- AHA BLS CPR certification or ARC CPR for the professional rescuer
- Verification of immunization records
The first step in your EMS training is to register for and attend a FREE mandatory information session during which you will receive details about enrollment processes and program requirements.
- National EMS Academy
- Address: 9213 Interline Ave, Baton Rouge, LA 70809
- Phone: +1 866-459-3500
- Web: https://nationalemsacademy.com
Aveda Arts & Sciences Institute Baton Rouge
Aveda Institute and all its locations throughout the USA are accredited by the National Accrediting Commission of Career Arts and Sciences.
Actually, the school meets national standards of educational performance and you will not regret your decision if you enroll in it as the education there is provided by some of the best and highly experienced teachers.
Enrollment: The application process was determined by the school’s admission office and it is set that all applicants, prior to submitting the application packet, have to gather all the required documentation which is necessary for the school admission office to determine your eligibility for the programs offered.
To be eligible for consideration, the applicant has to possess a letter of Intent.
You are supposed to fill out the application form, and answer the questions:
- What will you contribute to the industry when you’re finished with your training?
- How will you Inspire Greatness during your training?
- How will you care for those around you?
- What belief statement do you connect with the most?
You will need to submit a copy of High School Diploma, High School Transcript or GED.
Fees: Applicants are required to pay a $50 application fee.
- Esthiology and Master Esthiology
- Massage Therapy
- Aveda Arts & Sciences Institute Baton Rouge
- Address: 2834 S Sherwood Forest Blvd suite a, Baton Rouge, LA 7081
- Phone: +1 225-295-1435
- Web: https://avedaarts.edu/locations/baton-rouge/
Recording Connection Audio Institute
The Recording Connection Audio Institute is an ideal school for people interested in getting music education and becoming future music producers and audio engineers.
Everyone eager to enroll should try his/her luck applying, but only those selected by the school’s admission office will be accepted.
The Recording Connection provides an excellent education and the degree can be achieved easier than in a four-year traditional university.
Enrollment: The enrollment process starts with signing up for a personal tour and meeting a professional music producer or audio engineer at the school’s facilities.
During this tour, you will have an interview with the admission representative, and he/she is a person who will decide whether this institution is the right fit for you and whether you are eligible to enroll.
If you are allowed to enroll, the next step is the completion of the application form which you can find on the institute’s official website.
Fees: Once you apply for enrollment, you will be interested in how much you will have to pay for the classes there.
More detailed information about the costs of programs can be found in the school’s catalog.
However, there are some other curriculum expenses which approximately range from $110 to $610.
- Audio Engineering & Music Production
- Advanced Audio Engineering & Music Production
- Hip Hop & Beat Making
- Live Music
- Logic Pro Electronic Music Production
- Ableton Electronic Music Production
- Advanced Ableton Electronic Music Production
- Music Producing
- Live Dj
- Music Business
- Recording Connection Audio Institute
- Address: 10379 Mammoth Ave, Baton Rouge, LA 70814
- Phone: +1 225-308-9425
- Web: https://www.recordingconnection.com/
Trade Schools in Louisiana by CitySee trade schools in Louisiana >>
We have offered you a list of 10 schools which are considered the best schools in Baton Rouge.
They are well known for their educational achievements and if you are seeking an excellent education, just pick one school and go for it.
You will not regret your decision.