Choosing a trade school requires a lot of time and researching so as to be able to find the best match for your particular needs.
The best trade school is impossible to define, but we have gathered some information about ten schools in Louisiana which might help you determine which is the best trade school for you.
Remington College - Lafayette Campus
Remington College is accredited by the Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges (ACCSC) which is a nationally recognized accrediting agency.
Enrollment: So as to start your enrollment process, you need to contact a Remington College Admissions Representative & Schedule a Tour.
His/her job would be to guide you through the admissions and enrollment process from start to finish.
Then, you will have to choose your Degree or Diploma Program according to your interests.
The Admissions Representative will help you fill out an Application and an Enrollment Agreement.
You are supposed to show Proof of High School Graduation or a GED and take and pass a Standardized Entrance Test.
This test is not needed if you can show proof of an associate degree or higher from an accredited college.
- Database Management and Administration
- Heating, Ventilation, and Air Conditioning (HVAC)
- Medical Assisting
- Pharmacy Technician
- Restaurant, Hospitality, and Retail Management
- Computer-Aided Design and Drafting
- Facility Maintenance
- Heating, Ventilation, and Air Conditioning
- Medical Office Administration
- Nail Technician
- Pharmacy Technician
- Remington College – Lafayette Campus
- Address: 303 Rue Louis XIV, Lafayette, LA 70508
- Phone: +1 337-246-5126
- Web: http://lafayette.remingtoncollege.edu
Northwest Louisiana Technical Community College
Northwest Louisiana Technical College provides the citizens of northwest Louisiana with high-quality career and technical education.
By educating and training students they made them appropriate and skillful for entry and advancement in high-demand industries.
It is accredited by the Commission of the Council on Occupational Education (COE).
Enrollment: The first step is to complete our Free NWLTC Online Admissions Application.
You can also apply in person at any of the three campuses.
There you will even get any assistance needed.
Applicants are required to provide proof of residency, selective service registration and immunization records before enrollment.
Academic achievement testing and a high school diploma or General Equivalency Diploma (GED) is a requirement for admission into the Practical Nursing program.
- Air Conditioning and Refrigeration
- Automotive Technology
- Barber Styling
- Business Office Administration
- Business Office Technology
- Culinary Arts and Occupations
- Diesel Powered Equipment Technology
- Electrician – Commercial Wiring II
- Electrician- Industrial Electrician
- Heavy Construction Vehicle Operator
- Industrial Instrumentation Technology
- Industrial Maintenance Technology
- Industrial Manufacturing Technology
- Information Technology
- Nurse Assistant
- Patient Care Technician
- Practical Nursing
- Northwest Louisianna Technical Community College
- Address: 9500 Industrial Dr, Minden, LA 71055
- Phone: +1 318-371-3035
- Web: http://www.nwltc.edu
Baton Rouge Dental Assistant Academy
Baton Rouge Dental Assistant Academy gives students the possibility of entering their dental assistant program which provides hands-on training, low tuition costs, and everything you need to succeed as a dental assistant.
Enrollment: The admission process consists of a few steps.
Firstly, you are supposed to call the Academy and book your appointment to meet with a school representative.
Then, during your admissions appointment, besides touring the school, you will also fill out an application.
Admission specialist will review your application and once your application is approved, you will get an acceptance email welcoming your enrollment into the program.
Lastly, you need to pay your down payment and submit your required enrollment documents through the online student portal.
Fees: You can either pay the full cost of $2,450 prior to the beginning of the first class or choose one of the two available payment plans.
- Dental Assistant
- Baton Rouge Dental Assistant Academy
- Address: 8894 Airline Hwy suite m, Baton Rouge, LA 70815
- Phone: +1 225-255-2719
- Web: https://batonrougedentalassistant.com
Blue Cliff College - Houma
Blue Cliff College is accredited by the Accrediting Commission Career Schools and Colleges (ACCSC).
Enrollment: At Blue Cliff College, admissions process is simple.
The enrollment into any program at Blue Cliff College requires the following:
- A future student has to provide proof of high school completion or the equivalent.
- He/she has to complete a personal interview with an Admissions Representative or Campus Director.
- A student must be of good health and physically capable to perform the duties and techniques required,
- He/she has to have the financial resources necessary to complete the program of study.
- An applicant has to accept the issuance of and review a copy of the college catalog.
- He/she has to successfully complete the Wonderlic Scholastic Level exam with at least a minimum acceptable score.
Fees: All tuition and fees are due to the start of classes.
The costs depend on program selected and are prone to change.
They range from $12500 for Esthetics Diploma to $21500 for HIMBC diploma.
- Blue Cliff College – Houma
- Address: 4722, 803 Barrow St, Houma, LA 70360
- Phone: +1 985-601-4000
- Web: https://bluecliffcollege.edu
New Orleans Dental Assistant School
New Orleans Dental Assistant School offers you the chance to learn the skills and techniques needed to succeed in this quickly growing field in just 9 short weeks.
Enrollment: If you are eager to apply for New Orleans Dental Assistant School, the first step is to make an appointment with an Admissions Representative to tour the facility and fill out the application form.
Then, in case you are accepted in the program, you will be contacted and informed about future steps.
Those who happen to be accepted, have to pay a deposit and are ready to start their new career.
To be accepted into this dental assistant school, you will need to provide:
- A high school diploma or GED.
- An up-to-date immunization record.
- A government-issued photo ID.
Fees: Tuition has to be paid in full prior to the beginning of the first class and it is $2,450.
You can also take advantage of payment plans offered.
- Dental anatomy
- Dental impressions
- Medical emergencies
- New Orleans Dental Assistant School
- Address: 816 Behrman Hwy, Gretna, LA 70056
- Phone: +1 504-636-6278
- Web: https://neworleansdentalassistant.com
River Parishes Community College Reserve Campus
Enrollment: If you happen to be a prospective student seeking admission to RPCC, there are certain requirements that have to be met.
Firstly, you must submit an Application for Admission and required documents, which will determine if the applicant is classified in the applicable admission classification.
Following this evaluation, you will be placed in the appropriate admission status and will receive a letter of admission.
Besides submitting an online application, it is required that you submit the following:
- Immunization Compliance Form
- Selective Service status
Additional documents may be requested for Financial Aid Verification and/or Scholarship qualifications, and well as Maths, English and Prerequisite placement:
- Official Copy of College Transcripts
- Official Test Scores
- Official Copy of High School Transcripts-
- Official Copy of GED Certificate
Fees: The cost of tuition is determined
by the total number of credit hours for which a student registers.
- ASSOCIATE OF SCIENCE IN TEACHING (AST)
- ASSOCIATE OF SCIENCE/LOUISIANA TRANSFER (ASLT)
- ASSOCIATE OF ARTS/LOUISIANA TRANSFER (AALT)
- ASSOCIATE OF GENERAL STUDIES (AGS)
- ASSOCIATE OF APPLIED SCIENCE (AAS) PROCESS TECHNOLOGY
- ASSOCIATE OF APPLIED SCIENCE (AAS) BUSINESS OFFICE ADMINISTRATION
- ASSOCIATE OF APPLIED SCIENCE (AAS) DRAFTING & DESIGN
- ASSOCIATE OF APPLIED SCIENCE (AAS) INDUSTRIAL INSTRUMENTATION TECHNOLOGY
- ASSOCIATE OF APPLIED SCIENCE (AAS) INDUSTRIAL MAINTENANCE TECHNOLOGY
- TECHNICAL DIPLOMA (TD) AIR CONDITIONING & REFRIGERATION
- TECHNICAL DIPLOMA (TD) PRACTICAL NURSING
- TECHNICAL DIPLOMA (TD) WELDING
- CERTIFICATE OF APPLIED SCIENCE (CAS) MEDICAL CODING SPECIALIST
- CERTIFICATE OF TECHNICAL STUDIES (CTS) PIPEFITTER APPRENTICE
- River Parishes Community College Reserve Campus
- Address: 181 Regala Park Rd, Reserve, LA 70084
- Phone: +1 985-536-4418
- Web: https://www.rpcc.edu
Stevenson's Academy-Hair Design
Stevenson Academy of Hair Design is nationally accredited by the National Accrediting Commission of Career Arts & Sciences (NACCAS).
At Stevenson’s Academy-Hair Design, the staff combines skills, education and best efforts so as to prepare you for awaiting opportunities.
The mission of Stevenson Academy is to improve the quality of life for its students.
Enrollment: These are the enrollment requirements that prospective students have to meet:
They are supposed to provide a High School/GED/HiSet Transcript.
Plus, they should submit a Birth Certificate, State/Federal I.D. (ex. Driver’s License) and Social Security Card.
If they need financial aid, they should complete FAFSA Online at www.fafsa.gov.
In case you do not have a High School Diploma or GED, you can take the HiSet Exam.
Fees: Tuition costs vary from program to program.
The least expensive course is Shampoo Assistant at the price of $975, while the most expensive are Cosmetology and Barber Styling courses at the price of $14,725.
- TEACHER TRAINING
- SHAMPOO ASSISTANT
- ALTERNATIVE HAIR DESIGN
- BRUSH UP COSMETOLOGY
- ADVANCED COSMETOLOGY
- Stevenson’s Academy-Hair Design
- Address: 401 Opelousas Ave, New Orleans, LA 70114
- Phone: +1 504-368-6377
- Web: http://www.stevenson-academy.com
Denham Springs Beauty College
Denham Springs Beauty College is a family-owned and operated cosmetology school which has the aim of educating students to become licensed cosmetologists.
Enrollment: Just as with any other school, there are certain enrollment requirements to be fulfilled.
If you have made the choice to enroll, the first thing you should do is to get in touch with the school.
You can contact it via phone and make an appointment to speak with an admissions representative.
The requirement that you have to meet is to be at least 16 years old, and have a high school diploma from a state-recognized school or a GED.
In case you have a Foreign diploma, it must be translated by the Association of International Credential Evaluator or the National Association of Credential Evaluation Services.
Fees: There is a $100 non-refundable registration fee.
Tuition costs for the Cosmetology course are $15,550.
This price includes non-refundable Application Fee, Books, CHI Kit and the tuition itself.
- Denham Springs Beauty College
- Phone: +1 225-665-6188
- Web: https://dsbeautyschool.org
SOWELA Technical Community College
SOWELA Technical Community College is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges to award associate degrees, diplomas, and certificates.
Enrollment: As you might be wondering whether the application process is easy or not, here is the answer to your question.
Once you choose your program of study, you need to fill out an Admissions application and submit the items on the New Student Checklist.
The next step is setting up of your student LoLA account and taking of a SOWELA placement test or submission of official scores from the ACT or SAT test.
When all these are done, you should attend Orientation, meet with an Academic Advisor and register for classes during the registration dates.
In addition to the admissions application, the following items are required.
- Proof of Immunization
- Proof of registration with selective service.
- SOWELA Technical Community College
- Address: 3820 Sen J Bennett Johnston Ave, Lake Charles, LA 70615
- Phone: +1 337-421-6565
- Web: https://www.sowela.edu
Compass Career College
Compass Career College is nationally accredited by the Council on Occupational Education.
Enrollment: The application process starts with filling out the application form available on the school’s website.
Besides all the student information data that has to be provided once the application process starts, there is also other required information to be filled out, such as Admissions Information, Employment Information, Parent Information, and Reference Information.
The prospective Compass Career College student must provide the Application for enrollment and $20 application fee, plus High school diploma or equivalent (GED) and valid photo identification or driver’s license.
For certain programs, they need to receive a placement score that meets or exceeds entrance test requirements for their chosen program of study.
Fees: The Application fee is $20, while the registration fee is $100.
When it comes to tuition, each program has its own tuition costs.
For example, Medical assistant program is $9,317 while Cosmetology program is $16,990.
- Allied Health
- Practical Nursing
- Compass Career College
- Phone: +1 985-419-2050
- Web: http://compasscareercollege.net
Trade Schools in Louisiana by City
Now that you have a list of the trade schools that are available in your state, choose those schools that best suit you and write down the positives and negatives for each of them.
That way it would be easier for you to decide what kind of school you are looking for.