Nowadays, more students decide to enroll in an accredited trade school rather than in a four-year university.
If you are one of them, then you are in the right place, being that we have to offer you a list of schools in New Orleans which offer programs in skilled trades and prepare students in various career fields.
New Orleans Dental Assistant School
Enrollment: If you are ready to get started your new career path at New Orleans Dental Assistant School, you should follow these 4 easy steps to enroll.
To ensure a successful enrollment, you should visit the official webpage and either find the fillable form and submit it or call the school to book a tour.
You must schedule your tour during which you will be able to fill out your application.
You will get a chance to check out the school and speak with the school representative to get all your questions answered about becoming a Dental Assistant.
Then, your application will be processed and within 1-2 business days, they will send you an acceptance email if you are accepted.
In order to complete your enrollment, you will need to make a down payment either online or over the phone with one of our admissions specialists.
Fees: New Orleans Dental Assistant School offers three options of payment:
Option 1 $2,450 – Full Payment before the classes start
Option 2 $1,190 deposit prior to the first day of class and 10 consecutive weekly payments of $131.50.
Option 3 $690 deposit prior to the first day of class and 10 consecutive weekly payments of $185.50
- Dental Assistant
- New Orleans Dental Assistant School
- Address: 816 Behrman Hwy, Gretna, LA 70056
- Phone: +1 504-636-6278
- Web: https://neworleansdentalassistant.com
Delgado Charity School of Nursing
Enrollment: Delgado Charity School of Nursing is currently accepting admission applications and a good thing to know is that those who are currently attending classes at Delgado Community College are not required to submit an application for admission.
They may simply register for classes via LoLA.
Others who are interested in enrolling should get additional information on how to register.
This can be done by visiting the official website and finding the LoLA Self-Service Reference Guide.
All applicants are required to submit all required documents to the Office of Admissions or the Answer Center and they must provide immunization waiver or records.
Males between 18 and 25 must submit a copy of Selective Service registration.
New students must complete the online application for admission and to be able to start it, they need to have a valid email address.
If you decide to talk to the advisor, you are supposed to bring your ACT/SAT scores, college transcripts, high school/Dual Enrollment transcripts, or placement test scores when visiting him/her.
- Practical Nursing
- Registered Nursing
- Certified Nursing Assistant
- LPN-RN Option
- Delgado Charity School of Nursing
- Address: 450 S Claiborne Ave, New Orleans, LA 70112
- Phone: +1 504-568-2670
- Web: http://www.dcc.edu/academics/charity-school-nursing/default.aspx
New Orleans Academy Of Fine Arts
If you are interested in attending art classes, that the New Orleans Academy Of Fine Arts would be a perfect choice for you.
Enrollment: Future students interested in applying for the New Orleans Academy Of Fine Arts can find the registration form on the official website.
Before submitting your registration, you are suggested to take a look at some guidelines.
Once your application is sent, the admission office will contact you soon to confirm your registration status and to make tuition payment arrangements.
The sending of the application does not mean that you will become a student there.
You will be enrolled if there is space for you in your desired class.
Registration begins on December 10th and you are supposed to use our
online registration form and you will be asked for your contact information, and details on classes you are interested in.
Fees: Tuition payment in full is required to hold your place in the class.
- Art History
- New Orleans Academy Of Fine Arts
- Address: 5256 Magazine St, New Orleans, LA 70115
- Phone: +1 504-899-8111
- Web: https://www.noafa.com
Stevenson's Academy-Hair Design
Stevenson Academy of Hair Design is nationally accredited by the National Accrediting Commission of Career Arts & Sciences (NACCAS).
At Stevenson’s Academy-Hair Design, they offer high-quality education provided by the experienced staff.
They will do their best to prepare you for awaiting opportunities, being that their mission is to improve the quality of life for its students.
Enrollment: Just like any other school, this one has the enrollment requirements that prospective students have to meet:
First, you are required to provide a High School/GED/HiSet Transcript as well as a Birth Certificate, State/Federal I.D. (ex. Driver’s License) and Social Security Card.
In case you are in need of financial aid, you should complete FAFSA Online at www.fafsa.gov.
Those applicants who do not have a High School Diploma or GED can take the HiSet Exam and then apply for enrollment.
Fees: Tuition costs vary from program to program and these are some examples of costs.
The cheapest one is the Shampoo Assistant course which can be attended at the price of $975, while the most expensive are Cosmetology and Barber Styling courses at the price of $14,725.
- Teacher Training
- Shampoo Assistant
- Alternative Hair Design
- Brush Up Cosmetology
- Advanced Cosmetology
- Stevenson’s Academy-Hair Design
- Address: 401 Opelousas Ave, New Orleans, LA 70114
- Phone: +1 504-368-6377
- Web: http://www.stevenson-academy.com
Loyola University New Orleans
Enrollment: It is very important to review admission standards prior to submitting an enrollment form.
You are supposed to take the SAT and/or ACT and send all scores as well as pay attention to admission deadlines.
It is very significant that future students review the College of Music and Media admissions requirements as they might be different and write an essay.
You can apply either through the Common Application or through the Loyola Application, but if you are applying for a major within the College of Music and Media, you must apply through the Loyola Application
Make sure all of your test scores have been submitted and your high school transcripts sent.
You should also request your letters of recommendation.
Fees: Loyola University New Orleans has some tuition & university fees that must be paid if you want to attend classes.
The tuition costs are $42,028 and with other expenses included such as Residence Hall Room and Meal Plan, the total costs are $55,574.
Some of the programs offered are:
- Biological Sciences
- Business Analytics
- Chemistry and Biochemistry
- Classical Studies
- Computer Information Systems
- Computer Science
- Criminology and Justice
- Digital Filmmaking
- Entertainment Industry Studies
- Instrumental Performance
- Loyola University New Orleans
- Address: 6363 St Charles Ave, New Orleans, LA 70118
- Phone: +1 504-865-3240
- Web: https://www.loyno.edu
Park Place Premier Barber School
Park Place Premier Barber School must adhere to the United States Department of Education, Louisiana Board of Barber Examiners and the National Accrediting Commission of Career Arts and Sciences (NACCAS) guidelines.
Enrollment: Park Place Premier Barber School has its own admissions policy which is there to define the enrollment requirements for individuals who wish to enroll at Park Place Premier Barber School as regular students.
The future students are highly encouraged and suggested to visit the state-of-art facility for a tour, so as to get acquainted with some General Admission Requirements,
Applications may be submitted at any time during the year, but you must be able to read and write English, provide proof of Age, Identification and Citizenship and be at least 17 years of age to be accepted as a regular student.
They ask that you submit the following documents to be considered for acceptance:
- Application for Admissions
- Birth Certificate
- Social Security Card
- Current Driver’s License or State I.D.
- High School Diploma or GED
- Two 2” x 2” Photographs
Fees: You will need to pay $10 registration fee.
- Park Place Premier Barber School
- Address: 3024 Gentilly Blvd, New Orleans, LA 70122
- Phone: +1 504-872-0686
- Web: https://parkplacebarberschool.edu/admissions/
LSUHSC School of Nursing
Louisiana State University Health Sciences Center at New Orleans is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC) to award associate degrees, baccalaureate degrees, master’s degrees, doctoral degrees.
Enrollment: LSUHNO School of Nursing suggests future students join them at one of the informational sessions. So as to provide them with basic information related to programs.
On-campus informational sessions take place at:
LSU Health New Orleans School of Nursing
1900 Gravier Street
New Orleans, LA 70112
You should know that attendance at those sessions is not a requirement for applying to the LSUHNO School of Nursing.
What you must do is complete the data form available on the school’s official website.
If you have any questions related to the application procedure you can feel free to call the Office of Student Services/Affairs whose officers will answer all your questions or concerns – 504-568-4197.
- Traditional Bachelor of Science in Nursing
- Career Alternative RN Education (CARE)
- RN to BSN
- Adult-Gerontology Clinical Nurse Specialist
- Clinical Nurse Leader
- Doctor of Nursing Science
- Executive Nurse Leader
- Nurse Anesthesia
- Nurse Educator
- Nurse Practitioner
- Post-Masters Doctor of Nursing Practice
- Public/Community Health Nursing
- LSUHSC School of Nursing
- Address: 1900 Gravier St, New Orleans, LA 70112
- Phone: +1 504-568-4106
- Web: https://nursing.lsuhsc.edu
Enrollment: Each prospective student should get familiar with the application requirements and what documents he/she must submit or complete before he/she submits the application form.
These are obligatory to be provided during the application procedure:
- Proof of high school graduation or equivalents such as a copy of a high school diploma, homeschool certificate or other high school diploma equivalent (e.g., GED)
- An official transcript from the highest completed level of education
- A completed written application, including essay responses that meet the requirements as described in the application
- Proof of dates of immunization against measles, mumps, rubella, and tetanus-diphtheria for all students born on or after January 1, 1957.
The applicant must pass an interview with a NOCHI staff member and it will be scheduled upon receipt of all other application materials.
You are supposed to answer the following essay questions:
- Please describe an experience or event that helped you recognize your passion for either culinary or baking and pastry arts.
- Why do you think NOCHI is the right fit for you and how do you think NOCHI can help you reach your goals?
- Where do you see yourself and your career in five years after graduating from NOCHI?
- Please describe your extracurricular activities and any leadership roles you have held in those activities.
Fees: Tuition, fees, and other school charges are the following:
- Registration fee: $100
- Tuition: $14,000
- Uniform (excludes shoes): $200
- Tool Kit and ServSafe Certification: $400
- Textbook: $100
- Total: $14,800
- Address: 725 Howard Ave, New Orleans, LA 70130
- Phone: +1 504-891-4060
- Web: https://www.nochi.org
Upper Iowa University
Enrollment: If you are applying for admission for Upper Iowa University you need to have all of the following documents sent directly to Upper Iowa University, PO Box 1857, Fayette, IA 52142:
- A completed application for admission or you can choose to apply online and submit it electronically.
- Official transcripts from each college and university you previously attended and they must be sent directly from the granting institution.
- Those seeking admission as a freshman can choose to submit either:
- An official high school transcript
- Official GED certificate or score report
- Evidence of a passing score on tests recognized by the state such as the High School Equivalency Test (HSET) and the Test Assessing Secondary Completion (TASC)
- Official college or university transcript that lists the high school graduation date
Each application is reviewed by the Director of Admission.
The selection of students is based on academic preparation, academic performance, and test scores.
Fees: Students offered acceptances must submit an enrollment deposit of $250.
Some of the offered programs are:
- Agricultural Business
- All Science
- Athletic Training(Notice: UIU is no longer accepting applications to the athletic training bachelor of science program.)
- Bachelor of Arts in Liberal Arts
- Business Administration
- Communication Studies
- Conservation Management
- Criminal Justice
- Criminal Justice with Social Work Training Certificate (Wisconsin)
- Emergency and Disaster Management
- Environmental Science
- Exercise and Sport Studies
- Financial Management
- Forensic Science
- Graphic Design
- Health Services Administration
- Human Resources Management
- Human Services
- Upper Iowa University
- Address: 6400 Saint Claude Ave, Jackson Barracks, Bldg 2033, New Orleans, LA
- Phone: +1 504-682-6792
- Web: https://uiu.edu/academics/
University of Holy Cross
Enrollment: So as to be able to enroll in the University of Holy Cross, the applicant must have graduated from an accredited secondary school, recognized home school program, or have received a General Education Development diploma.
The applicants will be accepted to the freshman class based on the completion or expected completion of high school work.
The applicant must meet the following criteria:
- Completion of a high school diploma or a General Education Development program with a cumulative grade-point average of 2.5 or higher;
- ACT composite score of 20 or higher or ACCUPLACER Placement Test equivalent;
- ACT subtest scores no less than 16 or ACCUPLACER Placement Test equivalent; and
- A student does not need more than one developmental course.
Any applicant who does not meet the above requirements will be denied admission to the university.
If you are sure that you meet all the above-mentioned eligibility requirements you can go to application procedures.
In addition to a completed application form, the following items must be submitted prior to deadlines:
- an official transcript of completed high school work or an official transcript of the General Education Development diploma; and
- official scores from the ACT or ACCUPLACER Placement Test.
- Business Administration
- Food Science
- General Studies
- Health Sciences
- Liberal Arts
- Social Sciences
- OnLine Programs
- University of Holy Cross
- Address: 4123 Woodland Dr, New Orleans, LA 70131
- Phone: +1 504-394-7744
- Web: http://uhcno.edu
Trade Schools in Louisiana by CitySee trade schools in Louisiana >>
Now, if you are among those students who want to advance their skills and education and who think that a traditional four-year college is not for them, you may take into consideration any of the above-mentioned trade schools and will not regret your decision.