|$ Travel Agent Training Programs: $100-$900|
Travel agents are the professionals in charge of making the dream vacation of many individuals and families come true.
They are in charge of guiding people from the moment they start thinking about traveling to the moment they go back home.
Travel agent training will help professionals initiating in the traveling business field to gain basic knowledge and skills for the job.
What Is A Travel Agent?
A travel agent is a professional in charge of planning trips and everything that it’s included.
These travel professionals simplify the time-consuming process of planning a trip by providing consultation services and entire travel packages.
Travel agents can perform all tasks related to the trip including booking flights or cruises, renting cars, and booking hotels, as well as planning events during the trip and the entire schedule.
These professionals have the expertise to solve any inconvenience there can arise during a trip, and they will also provide consultations regarding migration procedures for traveling.
According to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statics, for travel agents, the median annual wage was $43,810 per year and $21.06 per hour in May 2021.
What Are The Responsibilities/Duties Of A Travel Agent?
According to VocationalTrainingHW.com, the major duties and responsibilities of a travel agent include:
- Make travel arrangements for their clients.
- Determine their clients’ needs based on budget and preferences.
- Plan and arrange excursions, day trips, and tour packages.
- Calculate total costs.
- Book reservations for their clients.
- Give details to clients about the documentation they need.
- Advise clients about the destinations, weather conditions, and local customs.
- Access travel information through a reservation system called Global Distribution System (GDS).
- Stay in contact with hotel managers, transport companies, and other providers of travel-related services.
- Make alternative arrangements if any incidents occur before or during the trip.
What Are The Costs Of Travel Agent Training Programs?
The cost of a travel agent training program can vary depending on the length of the program, the accrediting institution, and the type of specialization.
Travel Agent Training Programs can cost from $100 to $900 for the complete certification.
It’s important to know that although it’s not required by law to be certified to work as a travel agent, the travel agent training will provide you with the basic skills to start working as a travel agent.
- An optional extra expense that travel agent professionals can do to improve their professional curriculum is the Travel Agent Proficiency test (TAP test) by the Travel Institute, to test basic travel agent knowledge; this test costs $95.
- To sell travel packages, travel agents need a business license or accreditation.
What Are The Best Schools/Institutions That Offer Travel Agent Training Programs?
According to HostAgencyReviews.com, the best travel agent training programs are:
|Accrediting Institution||Program||Time to Complete||Price|
|ASTA||VTA Travel Agent Certification Program
|12 months||· $399 for ASTA members
· $598 for non-member independent contractors.
· $729 for non-member Travel Advisor.
· $179 for recertification.
|The Travel Institute Travel Agent Certifications
|Certified Travel Associate (CTA)||3-6 months up to 12 months||· $450 for complete online course
· The print course is $550 plus shipping.
· $250 for test only
|Certified Travel Counsellor (CTC)||6-9 months up to 12 months||· $550 complete course
· $600 for CTC Fast Track
|Certified Travel Industry Executive (CTIE)||18 months||· $550|
|Cruise Lines International Association (CLIA) Travel Agent Certifications||Certified Cruise Counselor (CCC)||18 months||· $59|
|Accredited Cruise Counsellor (ACC)||2 years||· $89|
|Master Cruise Counsellor (MCC)||2 years||· $89|
|Master Cruise Counsellor Experiential Learning Program (ELP)||2 years||· $219|
|Elite Cruise Counsellor (ECC)||2 years||· $89|
|Travel Agency Executive (TAE)||· $89|
|Global Business Travel Association (GBTA) Certifications||Global Travel Professional (GTP)||· $350 GBTA members
· $450 for non-members
And, according to WorldStudyPortal.com, the best travel agent training agencies to enroll in are:
- American Society of Travel Agents.
- Travel Leaders of Tomorrow.
- The Travel Institute.
- Travel Agent Training Center.