|$ For-Profit Schools: $100-$1,000+||$ $ Correspondence or Online Courses: $150-$1,200+||$ $ $ Community College or University Extension: $500-$5,000|
In order to become a broker or a real estate agent, one requires a high school diploma, completion of a real estate pre-license course and successfully passing a real estate license exam.
Salespeople and agents need to be affiliated with a real estate broker and get a broker’s license to require additional training hours and a comprehensive exam.
The real estate agent or broker becomes a Realtor only when he or she becomes a member of the National Association of Realtors and when he or she subscribes to its Code of Ethics.
Various community colleges provide combined real estate agent and broker courses, for a price from $600 to $5,000.
In addition to the certificate courses, some offer associate’s degrees in real estate.
For example, the Los Angeles City College secures real estate education approved by the California Department of Real Estate for agents and brokers for the sum of $600 for in-state residents.
A lot of state universities offer agent and broker training.
The real estate pre-license courses are set as part of the school’s general business degree or MBA curriculum.
There is extension real estate licensing courses available for $500 to $2,000 or more.
For instance, real estate agent pre-licensing course at UCLA Extension costs $960, and $1,440 for a real estate broker training course.
At the same time, for-profit schools offer broker and agent/salesperson courses for $100 to $1,000 or more.
The California Brokers Institute charges $497 for seven, three-hour classes in real estate principles, for example.
The online and correspondence real estate licensing courses are priced at $150 to $1,200 or more, depending on the state and the depth of study.
Certain courses include additional exam preparation training and materials, including practice tests.
The American School of Real Estate Express provides broker and agent courses for several states, ranging from $150 to $650 in California, and $150 to $1,350 in Florida.
The state licensing fees vary according to state, from about $200 to $300 and are renewed every one to four years.
For instance, In California, the licensing fee is $245 for an agent/salesperson and $300 for a broker, valid for four years.
What Is Included
- Тhe real estate training has to cover basic state real estate transaction requirements and all the laws that are affecting the property salе, аccording to the US Department of Labor.
- The advanced courses provide training in mortgage financing and property development and management.
- Many states require 30 to 90 hours of classroom instruction for an agent’s license and 60 to 90 hours for a broker’s license, as well as 2-3 years of experience in selling real estate.
- Brokers that plan to open their own real estate offices should include in their trainingук business courses such as marketing and accounting.
- The supplies and books vary in price depending on the program.
- The online and correspondence courses cover all books and materials at the cost of the course.
- The community colleges, universities, and for-profit schools make students buy books in addition.
- Most of the courses cover two or three real estate textbooks, and along with the exam preparation guides cost $20 to $50 or more each.
- The National Association of Realtor’s membership is available with a variety of designations.
- Memberships are provided by the local association and can cost between $50 and $100 per month.
- The options for financial aid are offered by most community colleges and universities.
- Try their websites for eligibility and application requirements.
- Information on financial aid is offered by The College Board.
- Read our how to become a property manager full guide here.
- The local real estate associations and state government websites for fees and licensing requirements.
- Certain state websites also provide a list of approved training courses, such as the California Department of Real Estate.
- The American Association of Community Colleges secures a national directory of community colleges.
- The American Association of Colleges and Universities has an online updated list of state colleges and universities.
- The American School of Real Estate Express secures a selection of online agent and broker licensing courses.