Each parent wants to offer his/her children a great education, and finding the right school causes some trouble and is usually time-consuming.
So, we have decided to help both future students and their parents get proper information about some of the best trade schools in Memphis.
After reading this article, you can be sure that you have found the best schools for your children.
Olympic Career Training Institute
Olympic Career Training Institute is currently authorized as a post-secondary educational institute by the Tennessee Higher Education Commission (THEC), Veteran Affairs (VA) and is authorized by the Work Investment Network (WIN).
Considering the fact that you do not want to get a traditional four-year education, but you are interested in some kind of training that will make you able to start your own career, that the Olympic Career Training Institute is the perfect solution for you.
It has to offer CDL Training & Forklift Certification Courses.
You will get a chance to become certified and trained for Class A CDL Truck Driving, OSHA-Compliant Forklift License, Forklift Evaluations, or learn Warehousing in the Supply Chain.
Enrollment: Now, that you are ready to get started, you should get familiar with the enrollment procedure and requirements.
First, you are supposed to select which course you would like to start,
Then, you should visit the school’s official webpage, find the link to the application form and fill it out.
The requirements for admission are that students must be 18 or older with a high school diploma or GED equivalent.
Fees: The tuition will depend on the program chosen, but for example, the Class A CDL Truck Driving 160 Hrs of Training costs $4995.
- Olympic Career Training Institute
- Address: 5425 Mineral Wells Rd, Memphis, TN 38141
- Phone: +1 901-614-2060
- Web: https://octitraining.com
Empire Beauty School
Empire Beauty School is very famous across the USA as it offers high-quality education in many cities.
Great thing is that all schools are licensed in each state by the National Accrediting Commission of Career Arts and Sciences, so you can be sure that you will get knowledge form quality and experienced educators and be ready to start your own career.
Enrollment: The exciting future in the field of the beauty industry is very near you, and all you have to do is to meet the Empire Beauty School enrollment requirements.
Their easy enrollment process is open to anyone interested and able to perform this job, so visit their official website and look for a link to the application form so as to start taking advantage of the many opportunities and education.
The application process is done online, you are supposed to get in contact with a school representative who will assist you with enrollment forms.
You can schedule an appointment to tour a school and discuss all the questions with him/her.
The submission of the application form is the moment when your application process starts.
- Cosmetology Educator
- Empire Beauty School
- Address: 804 S Highland St, Memphis, TN 38111
- Phone: +1 901-881-8012
- Web: https://www.empire.edu/cosmetology-schools/tennessee/memphis-highland?v=local
Enrollment: Tech901 is the educational institution that welcomes those students who demonstrate their ability to apply the skills and knowledge it teaches in the IT field of study.
A great thing to know is that its programs are designed so that prior IT experience or education is not required.
The school offers introductory courses that everybody who is interested in this filed may attend.
However, there are some application and admission requirements that applicants have to meet, prior to enrollment.
Applicants must possess a high school diploma or GED and if they wish, students may schedule an Ability-to-Benefit test, taken in-person and proctored at Tech901.
There is an online application form that has to be filled out with accurate and honest personal and educational details.
Each applicant must have their own email address, being that evaluations, grades, and communications are email specific.
Some of the questions you will have to answer are:
- Your Shirt Size
- Do you have a different name on your education transcript?
- Did you attend College?
- Are you currently employed?
- Which course do you wish to attend?
- How did you hear about us?
Fees: Tuition must be paid in full to be registered for a class and some of the tuition examples are:
The initial course included in the IT Professional Track is $180, and follow-on classes in Networking, Security, and Project Management are $250 each.
The Code 1.0 and Web Programming courses they offer are $250 each.
- Address: 1350 Concourse Ave #375, Memphis, TN 38104
- Phone: +1 901-881-2677
- Web: https://tech901.org
Vibe Barber College
VIBE Barber College is created and proud to provide educational training to interested people looking to start a career in the barber and beauty industry.
It has been offering both theory and practical training as outlined in the Tennessee barber examiner curriculum since its establishment in 2003.
VIBE Barber College educators dedicate their time to help interested individuals pursue a profession in the barber industry.
VIBE Barber College is accredited by the National Accrediting Commission of Career Arts and Sciences (NACCAS), approved by the Tennessee Higher Education Commission (THEC) and is licensed by the State of Tennessee Board of Barber Examiners; the City of Memphis and Shelby County for Occupational Licenses.
Enrollment: A person desiring to apply for this college must be at least 17 years of age or older and possess a high school graduate or GED certificate.
The following items must be presented at the time of registration:
- Photo I.D. (Driver license or State I.D.), birth certificate or passport
- High school diploma or high school transcript certifying graduation; or GED Certificate
- Social Security Card
- Master Barber
- Vibe Barber College
- Address: 880 Thomas St, Memphis, TN 38107
- Phone: +1 901-578-3995
- Web: http://www.vibebarbercollege.edu
Moore Tech School of Welding
If you decide to attend William R. Moore College of Technology, you will get the training and skills required for successful careers in business and industry.
Enrollment: Getting familiar with enrollment requirements is the first important thing that you should have in mind and it is significant to hear that student applications are accepted during the application period only if the student meets the enrollment requirements.
Applicants have to be at least 18 years old at the time of applying.
He/she must present evidence of good health, good character, dedication to learning, ambition, and energy, as well as possess a regular high school diploma with supporting transcript or a state-approved equivalency test or GED.
In case you want to enroll in a degree or diploma program, you are required to take an admission test, which will include basic English and math skills necessary for success in Moore Tech’s programs.
Last but not least, the applicants must agree to and sign the Drug Testing Policy and submit it with their application.
The college performs background checks on all applicants.
Fees: You will have to pre-pay the $80 registration fee, while there are some additional fees as well:
Associate Degree Class Fee – $320
Welding shop fee – $200
Welding Kits – First Time Welding Course Only – $135
Machine Shop Fee – $200
Late fee for balances due after seven weeks – $100
- Air Conditioning, Refrigeration and Heating
- Associate Degree in Applied Technology
- Automotive Service Technology
- Industrial Electricity and Plant Maintenance
- Machining Technology
- Property Maintenance
- Welding and Welding – Advanced
- Moore Tech School of Welding
- Address: 475 N Bellevue Blvd, Memphis, TN 38105
- Phone: +1 901-726-5209
- Web: http://www.williamrmoore.org
Tennessee College of Applied Technology
The Tennessee College of Applied Technology is accredited by the Commission of the Council on Occupational Education.
This means that it has reached a high standard of education.
Enrollment: The enrollment process starts by completing the TCAT Application for enrollment which can be found on the school’s official website.
The submission means that you started your journey towards a new career.
Later on, you should check the status of your application until you have received your campus email address.
Program enrollment is based on a first-come, first-served basis.
However, you have to meet certain eligibility requirements.
You must be at least 18 years of age or have a high school diploma or equivalent, while for full-time programs, the applicant must demonstrate the potential and eagerness for achieving that goal.
Your application will be reviewed by the admission office representatives and you will be notified if you are accepted into the program.
Fees: The tuition and fees for the Tennessee College of Applied Technology programs depend on the program you choose to attend and the estimated total costs are available on the official webpage.
- Administrative Office Technology
- Advanced Manufacturing Technology
- Aesthetics Technology
- Automotive Technology
- Aviation Maintenance Technology
- Building Construction Technology
- Collision Repair Technology
- Computer-Aided Design Technology
- Computer Information Technology
- Dental Assisting
- Dental Laboratory Technology
- Diesel Powered Equipment Technology
- Early Childhood Education
- Heating, Ventilation, Air Conditioning & Refrigeration Technology
- Machine Tool Technology
- Phlebotomy Technology
- Practical Nursing – Hybrid
- Practical Nursing – Main Campus
- Practical Nursing – Portland Campus
- Welding Technology
- Tennessee College of Applied Technology
- Address: 3435 Tchulahoma Rd, Memphis, TN 38118
- Phone: +1 901-543-6180
- Web: https://tcatmemphis.edu
Career Academy CNA Training
Career Academy is authorized for operation as a postsecondary educational institution by the Tennessee Higher Education Commission which means that the school has reached minimum standards concerning quality of education, ethical business practices, health, and safety.
Enrollment: What you will be supposed to provide during the application process and while filling out the application form are personal and educational information.
You will have to answer questions such as:
- How did you learn of Career Academy?
- How will you pay tuition?
- Have you been convicted of abuse of a person in your care, including neglect or theft from that person?
Fees: Once you determine that you meet all the requirements and you want to enroll in, your main concern would be the cost of attendance.
A good thing to know is that there may be no cost to you if you qualify for financial assistance through the WIN program.
In case you do not qualify, you do not have to pay the whole tuition of $1350 upfront but choose “Pay As You Go” plan which includes that you pay a minimum of 1/4 of the tuition ($337.50) each Monday for the day class or 1/6 of the tuition ($225) each Monday for the evening class.
- Career Academy CNA Training
- Address: 2600 Poplar Ave, Memphis, TN 38112
- Phone: +1 901-761-4500
- Web: http://www.careeracademymemphis.com
Health Tech Institute-Memphis
The Health-Tech Institute of Memphis is accredited by The Commission of the Council on Occupational Education- COE and the Tennessee Higher Education Commission authorizes the Health-Tech Institute of Memphis.
This proves that the educational institution reached high standards concerning quality of education, ethical business practices, health and safety, and fiscal responsibility
Enrollment: There are some requirements have been identified by the Department of Student Services to evaluate a prospective student’s ability to successfully enroll and finish the education here.
A prospective student must:
- Have earned a High School Diploma or General Equivalency Diploma and provide an official transcript with passing scores.
- Complete application for enrollment with appropriate documentation such as work/school history, vaccinations, transcripts, drug screen, and background check
- Submit two professional references
- Pass three Interviews: Initial, Programmatic, & Executive
- Complete Admissions Assessment Tool
- Meet Admissions Assessment Tool score requirements
If you do not meet these requirements, you are suggested not to waste your time applying, as you will be rejected.
Fees: The total cost of tuition for all programs is $13,542.
- Health Information Management
- Medical Assistant
- Patient Care Technician
- Office Administration
- Health Tech Institute-Memphis
- Address: 571 Vance Ave, Memphis, TN 38126
- Phone: +1 901-529-9007
- Web: https://www.htim.edu
Remington College - Memphis Campus
Remington College has been educating young students since its foundation in 1987.
It has campuses nationwide and all of them are accredited by the Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges which is a nationally recognized accrediting agency.
Enrollment: The admission committee has determined the enrollment procedure guidelines that each applicant has to fulfill so as to be accepted as a future student.
The first step you should take if this is the right school for you is to contact a Remington College Admissions Representative and schedule a tour during which you will discuss your interests, educational achievements and tuition costs.
You will get acquainted with the admissions and enrollment process as well.
Your task will be to choose your Degree or Diploma Program according to your interests.
The job of the Admissions Representative is to help you fill out an Application and an Enrollment Agreement.
What you will need to submit is proof of High School Graduation or a GED and you will need to take and pass a Standardized Entrance Test.
This test is not needed if you can show proof of an associate degree or higher from an accredited college.
- Database Management and Administration
- Heating, Ventilation, and Air Conditioning (HVAC)
- Medical Assisting
- Pharmacy Technician
- Restaurant, Hospitality, and Retail Management
- Computer-Aided Design and Drafting
- Facility Maintenance
- Heating, Ventilation, and Air Conditioning
- Medical Office Administration
- Nail Technician
- Pharmacy Technician
- Remington College – Memphis Campus
- Address: 2710 Nonconnah Blvd, Memphis, TN 38132
- Phone: +1 901-389-5302
- Web: http://memphis.remingtoncollege.edu
Concorde Career College - Memphis
Concorde Career College is proud to be accredited by the Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges, meaning that the education there is of high quality.
Enrollment: If you have decided that Concorde is the right school for you, you are supposed to meet general admissions requirements.
Those who do not meet them should not apply.
You are supposed to pass a personal interview and campus tour at the beginning of your enrollment process.
During this tour, you will meet the admission representative, discuss the programs and possible financial aid, as well as admission requirements.
Only after that, if you still think that this school appropriate for your interests and desires, you should submit the complete admission documentation.
You need to complete the Online Readiness Assessment and provide proof of graduation from their secondary education institution.
The admission is available only to the citizens, permanent residents or eligible non-citizens of the United States.
You might be asked to provide proof of this, as well.
- Cardiovascular Sonography – Associate
- Dental Assistant – Diploma
- Dental Assistant – Associate
- Dental Hygiene – Associate
- Diagnostic Medical Sonography – Associate
- Health Information Management – Associate
- Massage Therapy – Diploma
- Medical Assistant – Diploma
- Medical Assistant – Associate
- Medical Laboratory Technician – Associate
- Medical Office Professional – Diploma
- Medical Office Professional – Associate
- Neurodiagnostic Technology – Associate
- Occupational Therapy Assistant – Associate
- Pharmacy Technician – Diploma
- Pharmacy Technician – Associate
- Physical Therapist Assistant – Associate
- Polysomnographic Technology – Diploma
- Radiologic Technology – Associate
- Respiratory Therapy – Associate
- Surgical Technology – Associate
- Nursing – Associate
- Concorde Career College – Memphis
- Address: 5100 Poplar Ave #132, Memphis, TN 38137
- Phone: +1 800-249-7082
- Web: https://www.concorde.edu
Trade Schools in Tennessee by CitySee trade schools in Tennessee >>
One of the reasons why we decided to write about trade schools is the fact that choosing a school can be a very stressful experience.
This short guide is targeted at parents and high school students who have deep worries about finding a place where they will get a quality education.