We understand that there are so many trade schools out there in Knoxville and that it would be difficult to determine which one to choose.
Our aim is to help future students by gathering all the necessary information in regard to the top ten vocational schools available there.
After reading this, you will get familiar with the most important characteristics related to them and will be able to make the right decision.
Compassionate Care Technical Center
Enrollment: So as to enroll, you will need to meet the minimum enrollment qualification:
All applicants must complete an application for admission and must pay a minimum of $200.00 of tuition at enrollment.
When additional documentation is in question, you will need an official high school transcript or General Education Development (GED) scores, while those students who have not completed HS or GED may complete the ATB test to enroll in classes.
You need to have a negative PPD, and if TB skin test is positive, then it will be required for you to have a chest X-ray done.
The eligible applicant must not have prior derogatory remarks or listed on abuse and sex offender registry.
Last, but not least, the applicant must pass a background check done by the sheriffs’ department in the county in which he/she resides.
Fees: It is required that you pay tuition for a program or have signed up for financing by the first day of class.
- Certified Nursing Assistant Tuition is $700.
- Phlebotomy TechnicianTuition is $525.
- EKG Technician Tuition is $750.
- Certified Nursing Assistant
- Phlebotomy Technician
- EKG Technician
- Compassionate Care Technical Center
- Address: 2424 Sutherland Ave, Knoxville, TN 37919
- Phone: +1 865-394-9960
- Web: https://www.cnatrainingknox.com
Dental Staff School Knoxville
Dental Staff School is authorized for operation as a postsecondary educational institution by the Tennessee Higher Education Commission Nashville.
Enrollment: Before you apply for enrollment you are supposed to do some of the requirements:
- toured the institution;
- received an institutional catalog;
- has been informed of the total tuition and fee cost of the program;
- has been informed of the estimated cost of books and any required equipment
- knows of your rights in a grievance situation.
The eligible applicants for this school are those who are over 18 years of age with a high school diploma or GED.
You should give them a call at (678) 819-3919 to schedule a tour and talk to our Program Coordinator.
Fees: The cost of the 10 weeks Saturday Dental Assisting Program is $4,200 tuition and $800 for all books, lab, and clinical materials, x-ray film, Radiation Safety Certification, 8 Hour Infection Control Certification, RDA application fees for your license and CPR Certification.
- Dental Assistant
- Dental Staff School Knoxville
- Address: 1715 Downtown W Blvd, Knoxville, TN 37919
- Phone: +1 888-307-0320
- Web: https://www.dentalstaffschool.com
Art & Architecture Building
Enrollment: You will need the following documents in order to complete your application:
- VIP (Vol In Progress) application or the Common Application.
- Official transcript(s).
- Standardized test scores.
- $50 application fee.
- One required essay and you can choose one of seven prompts to write about.
When Official Transcripts are in question you need to have your high school or college send the university official transcripts electronically (Slate.org) or by mail to:
The University of Tennessee
Office of Undergraduate Admissions
320 Student Services Building
Knoxville, TN 37996-0230
Optional documentation that can be submitted are Recommendation letters and Supporting statement, which might be taken into consideration.
Have in mind the fact that some additional requirements are needed if you are interested in the following programs:
- College of Architecture and Design
- College of Nursing
- Pre-Pharmacy Direct Admit Program
- School of Music
- Tickle College of Engineering
The application procedure opens on August 1st and the deadline for documentation submission is December 15th.
If you have been accepted, you will be notified prior to the Confirmation Deadline on May 1st.
- Bachelor of Fine Arts in Studio Art
- Bachelor of Arts in Art
- Bachelor of Arts in Art History
- Art & Architecture Building
- Address: 1715 Volunteer Blvd, Knoxville, TN 37916
- Phone: +1 865-974-3407
- Web: https://art.utk.edu
Ross Medical Education Center
The Ross Medical Education Center is institutionally accredited by the Accrediting Bureau of Health Education Schools.
This proves that students can get the highest quality education at this educational institution.
After graduation, you will be able to seek an exciting and fulfilling career in the healthcare industry.
At the Ross Medical Education Center, there are a variety of healthcare training programs across 40 individual campus locations.
Students will be prepared for their future jobs in the field of medicine.
Enrollment: The enrollment in this institution requires that you follow certain guidelines and meet the requirements.
The enrollment procedure is determined by the College and only those who are eligible should submit the application.
Otherwise, they will be rejected.
- Medical Assistant
- Medical Insurance Billing and Office Administration
- Dental Assistant
- Pharmacy Technician
- Veterinary Assistant
- Nursing Assistant
- Occupational Therapy Assistant
- Practical Nursing
- Veterinary Technician
- Business Management
- Human, Social, and Health Services
- Health Administrative Services
- Medical Office Management
- Medical Billing Administrative Specialist
- Medical Assistant
- Ross Medical Education Center
- Address: 206 N Seven Oaks Dr, Knoxville, TN 37922
- Phone: +1 865-297-4800
- Web: https://rosseducation.edu
King University Knoxville Campus
Enrollment: The Application for Admission must include the following:
- King University Application for Admission
- Official High School transcript, official Home School transcript or official results from the General Equivalency Diploma
- OPTIONAL: Scores from either the Scholastic Aptitude Test (SAT I) of the College Entrance Examination Board or the American College Testing Program (ACT).
General requirements for admission include graduation from an accredited or recognized high school or secondary institution with a minimum of 17 academic units.
They need to be distributed as follows:
- Four Units of English
- Two Units of Algebra (Algebra I & II)
- One Unit of Geometry
- Two Units of Foreign Language
- Two Units from History and the Social Studies
- One Unit of Natural Science
- Four Units of other academic electives
If you have met all the application and eligibility requirements and submitted your application, what also you should know is that the committee will make decisions based on academic preparation, ACT and/or SAT examinations, extracurricular activities, and essays submitted.
- Bible and Religion
- Health Sciences
- Languages & Literature
- Media & Communication
- Social Sciences
- King University Knoxville Campus
- Address: 10950 Spring Bluff Way, Knoxville, TN 37932
- Phone: +1 865-690-5803
- Web: https://www.king.edu/admissions/adult-studies/
Douglas J Aveda Institute
If you are one of those eager to reach education in the beauty field you should not waste your time searching but choose the Douglas J Aveda Institute as your future educational institution.
Once the school is finished, students will be able to enter the industry with superior technical and professional standards and start their own successful careers.
The Douglas J Aveda Institute is proud to be accredited by NACCAS, meaning that it has reached the standard of excellence.
Enrollment: Entering the beauty industry starts with enrolling in the cosmetology program.
The enrollment process is made simple so that everybody can apply and all you have to do is to contact the admission office to learn about how you can apply and what you will need for the application.
During the conversation, you have to demonstrate your high passion for this career as well as readiness and ability to successfully perform this job.
The admission officer will make the final decision whether you are a good fit for this profession or not.
- Massage Therapy
- Douglas J Aveda Institute
- Address: 516 S Gay St, Knoxville, TN 37902
- Phone: +1 865-824-2990
- Web: https://douglasj.edu
Tennessee School of Therapeutic Massage
Tennessee School of Therapeutic Massage is authorized for operation as a postsecondary education institution by the Tennessee Higher Education Commission.
This means that the institution has reached a high standard of education and you can be sure to get excellent knowledge here.
Enrollment: If applying for the Tennessee School of Therapeutic Massage, you should know that there are two application options:
You can either apply online, being that the application form is available on the official website and pay a non-refundable registration fee or you can download the application pdf, fill it out, print, mail or bring into TSTM with your non-refundable registration fee payment.
During the application process, you will be asked about your preferred class start date and you will have to write an autobiography describing how you became interested in the massage industry and what professional and personal goals you have for your future.
You will also have to state how you have heard about this school.
Fees: To complete the application process, a nonrefundable registration fee of $200 must be presented with the application.
- Massage Therapy
- Tennessee School of Therapeutic Massage
- Address: 4716 Western Ave, Knoxville, TN 37921
- Phone: +1 865-588-2324
- Web: https://www.tennesseeschoolofmassage.com
Arbor College-School of Massage
School of Massage is authorized for operation as a postsecondary educational institution by the Tennessee Higher Education Commission.
Enrollment: The admission procedure to the Arbor College-School of Massage is determined by the school’s staff and a great thing is that applications are accepted continuously throughout the year.
Prospective applicants are encouraged to apply for admission at least 10 days in advance of the beginning of classes because class sizes are limited and the admitted applicants will be those fastest ones.
They have made it extremely easy to apply for admission to Arbor, being that the applicant should send the High school transcript/GED to the Director of Student Service.
He/she will have to pass the Admissions Tour & Interview prior to admission and applicants may make an appointment by calling 865-450-3330.
The admission criteria are the following:
The applicant must be 18 years old or older.
He/she must have either a high school diploma or GED certificate;
The applicant must complete the application form, pay a non-refundable application fee and submit a transcript request form.
He/she must be able to read, write, and communicate in the English language and must be legally entitled to live and work in the United States
Fees: Tuition for the Clinical Massage Therapy Diploma Program is $5,850 and you are supposed to pay a non-refundable application fee of $75.
- Clinical Massage Therapy
- Arbor College-School of Massage
- Address: 6500 Papermill Dr NW #214, Knoxville, TN 37919
- Phone: +1 865-450-3330
- Web: https://arborcollege.com
The Master Academy of Barbering
The Master Academy of Barbering is proud to pay full attention to the barber industry and to provide the students with an advanced educational experience so that they will be prepared for a successful career.
The Master Academy of Barbering not only offers excellent knowledge and experience in the field but prepares graduates in business skills and financial responsibilities necessary to be successful in the industry.
They are known and frequently chosen by future students due to the fact that they combine modern techniques with traditional ones.
Enrollment: This school was opened on January 5th, 2015 by two sisters, Zuri Carroll, and Bianca Dyon.
If you are one of those who want to get valuable knowledge and professional skills needed to be successful, you are highly encouraged to contact the school either by phone or e-mail and take your first step towards your new education.
The admission is allowed to anyone who shows determination and eagerness to perform this job.
The application form can be found on the official website and should be filled out and submitted.
During the application process, you will be asked if you have ever been convicted of a felony and if you have an active Tennessee Cosmetology License.
- The Master Academy of Barbering
- Address: 4700 Western Ave, Knoxville, TN 37921
- Phone: +1 865-315-7473
- Web: http://knoxvillebarberschool.com
Pellissippi State Community College Strawberry Plains Campus
Enrollment: Applicants seeking admission to Pellissippi State to enroll in regular credit courses for a degree must comply with the following procedures:
- Complete an application for admission
- Provide official academic transcripts and test results as applicable.
They need to have proof of graduation from high school and the transcript must include a notation that the student passed the required proficiency examination.
Applicants for admission as first-time freshmen must submit valid ACT or SAT scores. Valid ACT or SAT scores are those earned within five years prior to the first day of the first term of enrollment.
You should know that there will be a residency classification upon a student’s admission to the College.
The Enrollment Services will classify each student as resident or nonresident and they may require proof of relevant facts regarding residency.
To be eligible for admission to Pellissippi State, all non-native speakers of English are required to submit proof of a minimum score on the paper, computer, or internet-based TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language) or a minimum score on the IELTS (International English Language Testing System).
Some of the programs are:
- A+/Network+ Certification Preparation Certificate
- Accessible Web Design and Compliance Certificate
- Accounting Specialist Certificate
- Additive Manufacturing Certificate
- Basic Photography Certificate
- Building Information Modeling Certificate
- Computer-Aided Manufacturing Certificate
- Construction Business Principles Certificate
- E-Commerce Web Design Certificate
- Early Childhood Education Certificate
- Electronic Health Records Specialist Certificate
- Electronics Technology Certificate
- Fundamentals of Sustainability Certificate
- General Culinary Arts Certificate
- General Hospitality Certificate
- Pellissippi State Community College Strawberry Plains Campus
- Address: 7201 Strawberry Plains Pike, Knoxville, TN 37914
- Phone: +1 865-225-2300
- Web: http://www.pstcc.edu
Trade Schools in Tennessee by CitySee trade schools in Tennessee >>
Once you decide what kind of career you are looking for, you should do a little research so as to find useful information about schools that offer that particular program.
The top ten trade schools in Knoxville that we mentioned are worth considering and you will not regret your decision if any of them becomes your future educational institution.