Taking into consideration the fact that trade schools have become more and more popular nowadays, we understand that choosing the best one for yourself must be a difficult task.
You need to pay attention to the accreditation of the school, as well as programs offered and tuition costs.
In this article, we have made a list of some of the best schools in Lexington, KY, comparing their positive and negative characteristics.
Southeastern School of Electrology
Southeastern School of Laser & Electrology is proud to be approved by OH Medical Board to teach Electrolysis and Laser Hair Removal, as well as various other states/boards and accredited by the Kentucky Commission on Proprietary Education.
Enrollment: Applicants interested in enrolling should look for an application form available on the school’s website and fill it out with some personal information, as well as educational details.
Four pages of questions have to be completed with accurate answers prior to submission.
However, the application is to be submitted only if you meet these eligibility requirements set by the school’s staff.
- You must be eighteen years of age or older.
- You must have a High school diploma or equivalent.
- Plus, you need to provide Credit reference, Personal reference, a copy of transcripts, as well as medical reference stating that you are free of any communicable diseases and vision exam.
- Future students must submit a health report from their doctor.
- Each student must have/have had a hepatitis B vaccine.
Fees: The cost of tuition for Electrolysis Courses is the following:
350 HOURS: $5600 + $900 for books and registration
600 HOURS: $6800 + $900.
765 HOURS: $9100 + $900.
Laser Hair Removal Courses tuition costs:
30 HOURS: $2600 + $100 for Books and Registration
50 HOURS: $3500 + $100
- Electrolysis Courses
- Laser Hair Removal Courses
- Southeastern School of Electrology
- Address: 160 Moore Dr, Lexington, KY 40503
- Phone: +1 859-276-1288
- Web: http://sselaser.org
Lexington Healing Arts Academy
Various students are eager to experience both professional and personal growth throughout their studies and that is exactly what students at Lexington Healing Arts Academy get from inspiring curriculum.
Additionally, the staff is always available to assist students to attain career aspirations in the health and wellness professions.
Enrollment: The enrollment procedure is not too complicated, but you are still encouraged and suggested to explore the Admissions process for more details about attending the Lexington Healing Arts Academy.
The first step requires that you complete and submit the admission form to get in touch with the school’s staff, and the fillable form is available online.
However, this should be done only if you meet the eligibility requirements, which vary from program to program.
For all three programs available, you need to be at least 18 years of age by the date of the enrollment and you must submit the proof of high school graduation or GED, either a copy of high school diploma, GED, or copy of college transcripts.
When the massage program is in question, you must have received at least two professional massages, while Yoga and Fitness program requires that applicants must have attended at least six Yoga classes prior to starting school and have experience with twelve designated asanas.
Fees: Each program has different tuition costs:
Massage Therapy Program Total Program Cost: $12,830
Personal Fitness Training Program Cost: $12,630
Total Pro Yoga Teacher Training Program Cost: $3,125 – $3,525.
- Personal Fitness
- Lexington Healing Arts Academy
- Address: 272 Southland Dr, Lexington, KY 40503
- Phone: +1 859-252-5656
- Web: https://www.lexingtonhealingarts.com
Bluegrass Community & Technical College
Enrollment: If you are among those students who have never attended college before, you will need to provide the following documentation for enrollment:
- Official high school transcript or GED test scores
- Official scores from a placement test such as the ACT or SAT.
In case you scored below an 18 on the ACT in English, a 20 in reading, or a 19 in math, you will be required to take the Wonderlic test which is free for first-time takers.
Applying to Bluegrass Community & Technical College has never been so easy taking into consideration the fact that you are supposed to submit the Application for Admission, which is free and which can be found on the official website.
Besides the application, you need to send your final high school or GED transcript to:
Bluegrass Community and Technical College
Office of Admissions
470 Cooper Drive
Lexington, KY 40506
Additionally, you are required to submit your ACT or SAT scores or the results of placement testing, and if you are in need of grants and scholarships, you can explore financial aid.
Among so many courses offered, these are just a few:
- Advanced Integrated Technology
- Advanced Manufacturing
- African American Studies
- Agricultural Studies
- Air Conditioning Technology
- Appalachian Studies
- Applied Engineering Technology
- Applied Process Technologies
- Aviation Maintenance Technology.
- Nursing – Practical
- Occupational Therapy Assistant
- Paralegal Technology
- Pharmacy Technology
- Physical Therapist Assistant
- Plastics Processing
- Plumbing Technology
- Professional Craft: Pottery
- Professional Studio Artist
- Bluegrass Community & Technical College
- Address: 500 Newtown Pike, Lexington, KY 40508
- Phone: +1 859-246-6200
- Web: https://bluegrass.kctcs.edu
Recording Connection Audio Institute
Everybody knows that it is not easy to choose the best educational institution for yourself or your child.
Especially when it comes to music education, which is very attractive among young learners.
That is why we suggest the enrollment in The Recording Connection Audio Institute, an excellent educational institution that provides music education to future music producers and audio engineers and that boasts outstanding campuses all over the USA.
Enrollment: The first thing you should do is to sign up for a personal tour and that way you will organize a meeting with a professional music producer or audio engineer.
The process of applying is easy so that everyone can try their luck, but not everyone will be accepted.
His/her job is to have an interview with you and determine whether this institution is the right match for you and whether you are eligible to enroll.
If the decision is to allow you to enroll, then you are supposed to submit the application form which you can find on the institute’s official website.
- Audio Engineering & Music Production
- Advanced Audio Engineering & Music Production
- Hip Hop & Beat Making
- Live Music
- Logic Pro Electronic Music Production
- Ableton Electronic Music Production
- Advanced Ableton Electronic Music Production
- Music Producing
- Live Dj
- Music Business
- Recording Connection Audio Institute
- Address: 3804 Somersly Cove, Lexington, KY 40515
- Phone: +1 626-249-3352
- Web: https://www.recordingconnection.com
College for Technical Education
The College for Technical Education has campuses in Lexington and Winchester, KY and its programs are designed so as to provide education to students eager to achieve lifelong careers in personally rewarding occupations.
This is the reason why the school is full of students and they are enrolling new ones daily.
Enrollment: The enrollment procedure at the College for Technical Education is easy and if you want to get started, you would be glad to know that the College for Technical Education is available to every prospective student.
You just need to pass an easy admissions process which starts by giving a call to the admission office and talk to the admission representative or using the form which can be found on the official website, filling it out and submitting it.
The admission staff will organize a meeting with an admission representative to discuss your goals and help you finish the application process.
If you need financial support, you can meet with a Financial Aid advisor who will present to you the financial plan for the payment of the tuition.
Fees: There is no application or registration fee.
- Cosmetology and Instructor Apprentice
- Medical Assistant
- Early Childhood Education
- Building Trades Technician
- Medical Billing & Coding
- College for Technical Education
- Address: 1165 Centre Pkwy #120, Lexington, KY 40517
- Phone: +1 859-272-5225
- Web: https://www.cte.edu
Ky Healthcare Training
The KY Healthcare Training is licensed by the Kentucky Commission on Proprietary Education and approved by the Kentucky Department of Medicaid.
Furthermore, The KY Healthcare Training is certified by KBEMS-Kentucky Board of Emergency Medical Services, ASHI Health & Safety Instructors and approved by Vocational Rehabilitation and WIA- Workforce Investment Act for classes.
All these certifications and approvals prove the fact that the school’s approach to education is very serious and of the highest standards.
Enrollment: The enrollment requirements vary by the chosen program.
State Registered Nurse Aide – SRNA students need to show their photo ID, social security card, and TB test.
Phlebotomy and CCMA students have to provide an HS Diploma/GED, photo ID, social security card, TB test, immunization record, and HBV or declination of while EKG students need HS Diploma/GED, photo ID, and social security card.
An HS diploma/Ged for SRNA students is not required, but it is mandatory for CCMA/Phlebotomy/EKG.
Fees: These are the tuition costs:
- State Registered Nurse Aide (SRNA/CNA) In-class $650 – Online $650
- Certified EKG Technician (CET) $795
- Certified Phlebotomy Technician (CPT) $1,425
- Certified Clinical Medical Assistant (CCMA) $1,795
- American Heart Association BLS CPR for Healthcare Providers $60
- State Registered Nurse Aide (SRNA/CNA)
- Certified EKG Technician (CET)
- Certified Phlebotomy Technician (CPT)
- Certified Clinical Medical Assistant (CCMA)
- American Heart Association BLS CPR for Healthcare Providers
- Ky Healthcare Training
- Address: 343 Waller Ave #309, Lexington, KY 40504
- Phone: +1 859-963-2901
- Web: https://khtnow.com
The Institute of Dental Technology - Lexington
Enrollment: The Institute of Dental Technology has campuses in many locations in the USA and one of them is in Lexington.
The school staff has determined the admission requirements that people interested in applying must meet prior to submitting the application form.
Applicants must have a high school diploma, GED (Graduate Educational Development) or a home school state-issued certificate to be accepted into The Institute of Dental Technology programs.
So as to prove this, they will be asked to provide a copy of the high school diploma, a transcript, an official GED certificate or a signed attestation.
With the completed application for enrollment, applicants must submit documentation of Hepatitis B vaccination, show proof vaccination has been started or sign a declination form.
This documentation may be required during clinical externship rotations.
If you can meet these criteria, you are highly encouraged to try your luck applying.
Otherwise, your application will be rejected.
The fillable application form is available on the official website, and you are supposed to provide personal details as well as answer the question where you have heard about this school.
- CLINICAL AND BUSINESS ASSISTANT
- EXPANDED DUTIES DENTAL ASSISTANT
- The Institute of Dental Technology – Lexington
- Address: 2720 Old Rosebud Rd #230, Lexington, KY 40509
- Phone: +1 859-299-0058
- Web: http://idtky.com
Emergency Medical Training Professionals, Inc.
Enrollment: The enrollment requirements for the Emergency Medical Training Professionals, Inc. are set by the school’s staff and the enrollee must be Kentucky Certified or NREMT Registered EMT to apply.
Besides the application, there are other required forms that have to be returned to Emergency Medical Training Professionals, Inc. for enrollment and the requirements might vary by the program you want to enroll in.
On the official website, there are links that allow you to download forms in PDF format, so you need to fill them out and submit them.
While you fill out the application form, you will be asked about your Employment Background and Employment Status, as well as the Length of Employment, Other Community or Volunteer Experience:
Also, you will have to answer the following question: Have you ever been convicted of a felony, pled guilty to a felony, entered into an Alford plea to a felony, or participated in a diversion program for a felony?
Fees: All the applicants are required to pay the application fee of $35.
- School of EMS
- Emergency Medical Responder
- Emergency Medical Technician
- Advanced EMT (AEMT)
- Central KY Paramedic Program
- Continuing Education
- EMT Refresher
- Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support (ACLS)
- Advanced Medical Life Support (AMLS)
- Kentucky Pre-hospital Determination of Death
- Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS)
- Prehospital Trauma Life Support (PHTLS)
- School of Medical Assisting
- Clinical Medical Assistant
- EKG Technician
- IV Certification
- Medical Administrative Assistant
- Phlebotomy Technician
- Medical Transcriptionist
- Medical Billing and Coding
- Dental Assistant Program
- School of Nursing Assistants
- Community Training
- Emergency Medical Training Professionals, Inc.
- Address: 1141 Red Mile Rd #101, Lexington, KY 40504
- Phone: +1 859-327-3687
- Web: https://emtpky.com
University of Kentucky College of Nursing
The University of Kentucky College of Nursing is accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE), which is recognized by the U.S. Secretary of Education as a national accreditation agency.
Enrollment: For people who are interested in how to apply it is worth mentioning that they need to find information about applying to each of the programs, as the requirements might vary.
We are offering you the steps to apply to the UK for admission as a Pre-Nursing Major:
Complete your application online but only if you meet the following minimum requirements: 3.25 or higher unweighted high school grade point average on a 4.0 scale, ACT Composite score of 22 or higher and ACT Math score of 19 or higher.
The deadline to apply to the College of Nursing is March 1st and it is important that all prerequisite courses must be completed by the end of the spring semester.
Fees: When tuition and fees are in question, you can find the latest information on tuition and fees on the UK Registrar’s Office website.
- TRADITIONAL BSN
- ACCELERATED BSN
- University of Kentucky College of Nursing
- Address: 751 Rose Street University of Kentucky, Lexington, KY 40536
- Phone: +1 859-323-5108
- Web: https://www.uky.edu/nursing/
American National University (ANU) - Lexington KY
American National University (ANU) – Lexington KY campus is institutionally accredited by the Accrediting Bureau of Health Education Schools (ABHES) to award Bachelor’s Degrees, Associate’s degrees, and diplomas.
Enrollment: Here we offer you the steps for Applying to American National University (ANU) – Lexington KY.
The first step in the application process is meeting the admissions staff, meaning that both applicants and their families should visit the American National University campus and the meeting is organized by calling the Admissions Department at 888-956-2732 or submitting the form to contact an Admissions Representative.
There is a special application form depending on the program you choose to attend, and once submitted, your application will be reviewed and a decision will be made as soon as possible.
Fees: If you have difficulties with the tuition payment you can talk to financial advisors and they will help you find financial aid solutions that are tailored to the individual student but will be provided to those who qualify.
What students consider a great fact is that all domestic ANU students enrolling in a diploma/certificate, associate’s, or bachelor’s program can apply without the payment of an application fee.
- Administrative Medical Assisting Program – Associate of Science Degree
- Business Administration-Accounting
- Business Administration Management
- Health Information Management
- Medical Assisting
- Network Support
- Pharmacy Technician
- Surgical Technology and Central Sterile Processing
- American National University (ANU) – Lexington KY
- Address: 2376 Sir Barton Way, Lexington, KY 40509
- Phone: +1 859-253-0621
- Web: https://www.an.edu
Trade Schools in Kentucky by CitySee trade schools in Kentucky >>
We have offered you a list of 10 schools which are considered the best schools there, and which one will be the most attractive to you depends on your needs and interests.
They are all well known for their educational achievements and if you are seeking an excellent education, just pick one school and go for it.