If you are a Kentucky resident who is not sure what to do once the high school is finished or wants to learn some new tricks so as to reach a more successful career, we will help you make the right choice related to your future education by discussing the characteristics of various trade school in this state.
Southcentral Kentucky Community and Technical College
Enrollment: College staff has made it so easy to apply to Southcentral Kentucky Community and Technical College and it is done in a few steps.
Firstly, you are supposed to submit the Application for Admission, which is free and can be found on the official website.
Filling out takes about 15 minutes and you need to provide accurate information.
The second thing you need to do is to send your final high school or GED transcript, as well as submit your ACT or SAT scores or the results of placement testing.
If you have financial difficulties, you can explore financial aid, as there are scholarships, grants, and loans which can make your great education even more affordable.
Through the application process the following data will be needed:
- Your Social Security number
- An email address we can use to contact you
- Name and address of the high school you attended
- Name and address of any colleges you attended
Fees: All students have to pay $8 per credit hour fee.
The tuition costs for in-state students is $174/credit hour, while out-of-state have to pay $609/credit hour.
Among so many courses offered, these are just a few:
- Energy Management
- Energy Technologies
- Engineering and Electronics Technology
- Environmental Science Technology
- Environmental Technology
- Equine Studies
- Exercise Science
- Financial and Customer Services
- Fire/Rescue Science Technology
- General Occupational/Technical Studies
- Geospatial Technology
- Global Studies
- Healthcare Facilities Leadership
- Heavy Equipment Operation
- Historic Preservation Technology
- Homeland Security/ Emergency Management
- Human Services
- Industrial Chemical Technology
- Information Management and Design
- Insurance Risk Management
- Integrated Engineering Technology
- Interdisciplinary Early Childhood Education
- Invasive Cardiology
- Logistics and Operations Management
- Manufacturing Engineering Technology
- Manufacturing Industrial Technology
- Southcentral Kentucky Community and Technical College
- Address: 1845 Loop Ave, Bowling Green, KY 42101
- Phone: +1 270-901-1000
- Web: https://southcentral.kctcs.edu
College for Technical Education Cosmetology
The College for Technical Education has campuses in Lexington and Winchester, KY and provides education to students eager to achieve lifelong careers in personally rewarding occupations.
They are enrolling new students daily.
Enrollment: At the College for Technical Education is easy to get started.
The College for Technical Education is available to every prospective student with an easy admissions process.
All you need to do is to make the call to admissions or use the form which can be found on the official website, fill it out and submit it.
Then, you will meet with admissions to discuss your goals and finish the application process.
If you need financial support or plan for paying the tuition costs, you can meet with a Financial Aid advisor.
Fees: There is no application or registration fee.
You will be able to use the College for Technical Education Net Price Calculator to determine how much you will need to pay for tuition.
- Cosmetology and Instructor Apprentice
- Medical Assistant
- Early Childhood Education
- Building Trades Technician
- Medical Billing & Coding
- College for Technical Education Cosmetology
- Address: 2135 Bypass Rd, Winchester, KY 40391
- Phone: +1 859-744-3361
- Web: https://www.cte.edu
ATA College is accredited by the Accrediting Bureau of Health Education Schools.
ATA College has provided quality instruction, training, and career placement for men and women being that it offers valuable, hands-on instruction that prepares you for future successful careers.
Their main aim is to maintain the highest standards in the industry and they are achieving this by recruiting highly trained professionals as instructors and providing students with up-to-date technology and skills.
Enrollment: Those people who are ready to get started at ATA College should fill out the form available on the school’s official website and submit it.
The college staff will take a look at it and get in touch with you to answer any questions you might have.
You will get the information on any programs you are interested in.
- Medical Assisting
- Dental Assistant Program
- Limited Medical Radiography
- Online Medical Coding
- X-Ray Tech Limited Medical Radiography with Medical Assisting
- Practical Nursing
- LPN to RN Bridge Program
- Associates Degree Registered Nurse
- Online Medical Coding
- ATA College
- Address: 10200 Linn Station Rd #125, Louisville, KY
- Phone: +1 502-371-8330
- Web: https://www.ata.edu
Knight School Of Welding
The reason why people interested in welding should pick Knight School Of Welding is that every student receives an education from a well-accredited testing facility (ATF) that is fully certified through the American Welding Society and officially licensed in Kentucky and Indiana.
Enrollment: The enrollment process is very simple and the requirements are not many.
Actually, everybody interested in welding is invited to visit Knight School of Welding and observe the training while speaking with our staff and instructors.
That is the best way of finding out how everything in this school functions.
You will get the ability to speak to people already enrolled there and learn more about our hands-on training prior to enrollment.
The enrollment process starts with contacting Knight School of Welding, applying for admission and selecting your start date.
- GMAW MIG Welding & AWS Certification Testing
- SMAW STICK Welding & AWS Certification Testing
- GTAW TIG Welding & AWS Certification Testing
- FCAW FLUX CORED Arc Welding & AWS Certification Testing
- 6G PIPE-UPHILL Welding & AWS Certification Testing
- GTAW TIG Stainless Pipe Welding 2” & 4”
- CWI Certified Welding Inspector Training
- NDT Nondestructive Testing & Inspection Methods
- Test Code Preparation for AWS Certification Testing, Plate & Pipe
- AWS Certification Testing on-site
- Knight School Of Welding
- Address: 2017 S 39th St, Louisville, KY 40211
- Phone: +1 502-778-9767
- Web: http://knightschoolofwelding.com
Bluegrass Community & Technical College - Newtown Campus
Enrollment: Students who have never attended college before need to provide:
Official high school transcript or GED test scores
Official scores from a placement test such as the ACT or SAT.
In case you scored below an 18 on the ACT in English, a 20 in reading, or a 19 in math, you will be required to take the Wonderlic test which is free for first-time takers.
Applying to BCTC is easy being that you are supposed to submit the Application for Admission, which is free.
Besides the application, you need to send your final high school or GED transcript to
Bluegrass Community and Technical College
Office of Admissions
470 Cooper Drive
Lexington, KY 40506
Then, you need to submit your ACT or SAT scores or the results of placement testing, and if necessary, you can explore financial aid.
Among so many courses offered, these are just a few:
- Advanced Integrated Technology
- Advanced Manufacturing
- African American Studies
- Agricultural Studies
- Air Conditioning Technology
- Appalachian Studies
- Applied Engineering Technology
- Applied Process Technologies
- Aviation Maintenance Technology.
- Nursing – Practical
- Occupational Therapy Assistant
- Paralegal Technology
- Pharmacy Technology
- Physical Therapist Assistant
- Plastics Processing
- Plumbing Technology
- Professional Craft: Pottery
- Professional Studio Artist
- Bluegrass Community & Technical College – Newtown Campus
- Address: 500 Newtown Pike, Lexington, KY 40508
- Phone: +1 859-246-6200
- Web: https://bluegrass.kctcs.edu
Medical Career & Technical College
Medical Career and Technical College specializes in programs for Allied Health Careers.
Its curriculum prepares a student to become immediately employable and credentialed upon graduation.
Medical Career & Technical College is accredited by the Accrediting Bureau of Health Education Schools (ABHES).
Enrollment: You are supposed to fill out and submit the enrollment form which can be found on the college’s official website.
You will have to choose Program(s) of interest, provide your personal and educational information, and give answers to some questions.
Applicants must meet the following eligibility criteria:
He/she must be a high school graduate or satisfied the GED (General Education Development) test of which is recognized by the Department of Education.
He/she has to have an ACT composite score of 18 or better.
Applicants must acknowledge a clear criminal background check.
The admissions process includes an interview evaluation with accepted students.
If you plan to enroll, you are supposed to provide proof of a negative tuberculin test, a copy of high school diploma or GED, college transcripts if applicable and a copy of driver’s license or legal picture identification and social security card.
Fees: Paying for education does not have to be challenging, being that college offers an individualized plan for every student, as well as financial aid to those who need it.
- Dental Assistant
- Medical Administration
- Medical Assistant
- Medical Massage Therapy
- Veterinary Assistant
- Medical Career & Technical College
- Address: 630 Eastern Bypass, Richmond, KY 40475
- Phone: +1 859-624-1988
- Web: http://medicalcareerandtechnicalcollege.edu
Kentucky School of Phlebotomy
Kentucky School of Phlebotomy offers the best in class training at an affordable price.
At Kentucky School of Phlebotomy, you will be learning the essential fundamentals for starting a career in healthcare.
Its graduates are eligible to sit for the National Healthcareer Association’s certification exam in their field upon program completion.
Enrollment: Each program has its own admission requirements.
The majority of them requires that future student is 18 years of age or older and that he/she has a high school diploma or GED.
So as to find out additional information related to admission, you should visit the school’s webpage and select the program you are interested in.
It is very easy to register for a class, using the online registration form and payment portal
You can also come into the school and register in the admission office or to mail a paper form to the school.
Fees: Information about each program’s payment plan can be found in the Courses section of the website.
There is also a registration fee paid the moment you register for classes.
- Kentucky School of Phlebotomy
- Address: 1425 Bluegrass Ave, Louisville, KY 40215
- Phone: +1 502-791-5977
- Web: https://www.kyphleb.com
Lexington Healing Arts Academy
Lexington Healing Arts Academy is dedicated to providing a curriculum that inspires both professional and personal growth for students, while staff assists students to attain career aspirations in the health and wellness professions.
Enrollment: If you are interested in enrollment, you are encouraged to explore the Admissions process for more details about attending the Lexington Healing Arts Academy.
You are supposed to complete and submit the form to get in touch with the school’s staff.
You should do this only if you meet the eligibility requirements, which vary from program to program.
For all three programs available, you need to be at least 18 years of age by the date of the enrollment and you must submit the proof of high school graduation or GED, either a copy of high school diploma, GED, or copy of college transcripts.
For the massage program, you must have received at least two professional massages, while for Yoga and Fitness program, you must have attended at least six Yoga classes prior to starting school and have experience with twelve designated asanas.
Furthermore, you will need to attend an interview with designated staff to determine enrollment status based on, but not limited to academic potential, readiness, and personal motivation and goals.
Fees: Each program has different tuition costs:
- Massage Therapy Program Total Program Cost: $12,830
- Personal Fitness Training Program Cost: $12,630
- Total Pro Yoga Teacher Training Program Cost: $3,125 – $3,525.
- Personal Fitness
- Lexington Healing Arts Academy
- Address: 272 Southland Dr, Lexington, KY 40503
- Phone: +1 859-252-5656
- Web: https://www.lexingtonhealingarts.com
Southeastern School of Electrology
Southeastern School of Laser & Electrology is approved by OH Medical Board to teach Electrolysis and Laser Hair Removal, as well as various other states/boards and accredited by the Kentucky Commission on Proprietary Education.
Enrollment: For those interested in enrolling, there is an application form available on the school’s website.
There you will need to fill it out with some personal information.
Four pages of questions have to be completed prior to submission.
These are the eligibility requirements set by the school’s staff.
Applicant must be eighteen years of age or older.
He/she has to have a High school diploma or equivalent.
Plus, he/she needs to provide Credit reference, Personal reference, a copy of transcripts, as well as medical reference stating that applicant is free of any communicable diseases and vision exam.
Future students must submit a health report from their doctor.
Each student must have/have had a hepatitis B vaccine.
Fees: The cost of tuition for Electrolysis Courses is the following:
- 350 HOURS: $5600 + $900 for books and registration
- 600 HOURS: $6800 + $900.
- 765 HOURS: $9100 + $900.
Laser Hair Removal Courses tuition costs:
- 30 HOURS: $2600 + $100 for Books and Registration
- 50 HOURS: $3500 + $100
- Electrolysis Courses
- Laser Hair Removal Courses
- Southeastern School of Electrology
- Address: 160 Moore Dr, Lexington, KY 40503
- Phone: +1 859-276-1288
- Web: http://sselaser.org
MBA USA, Inc.
- GSA Approved Container Inspection Course
- Kentucky Commission on Proprietary Education
- North Carolina Locksmith Licensing Board
Enrollment: If you are interested in applying for training courses at MBA USA, Inc, you will need to complete the enrollment application and agreement.
Make sure that you have signed the bottom of page 2 and filled in all of the blanks.
Submit this application and agreement by e-mail to email@example.com, by fax to 1-859-887-9491 or by mail to MBA USA, Inc. Education Division, 200 Orchard Drive, Nicholasville, KY 40356.
Once your application is reviewed and you are accepted, you will be sent a Confirmation of Registration.
Fees: Application must include a registration fee and a $100 per class deposit.
- GSA Certified Safe and Vault Technician
- GSA Approved Container Inspection
- GSA Container Identification
- Professional Locksmithing
- Kaba-Mas X-10 Factory Certification
- Mechanical Safe Locks
- Electronic Safe Locks
- Comprehensive Safe Lock Manipulation
- Professional Safe Drilling
- Safe Deposit Locks
- Time Locks
- Advanced Lock Defeat
- Custom Classes
- Tactical Locksmithing
- Tactical Automotive
- Tactical Lever Locks
- Tactical Safe Locks
- MBA USA, Inc
- Address: 200 Orchard Dr, Nicholasville, KY 40356
- Phone: +1 888-622-5495
- Web: https://mbausa.com
Trade Schools in Kentucky by City
When students approach high school graduation, they are often pressured by the fact that they need to apply to some university, but what is important to do at that moment is to consider what they truly want to do.
There are many pros and cons of going to a trade school and earning a 2-year associates degree, so it is up to you to make the choice which will suit your interests.