Considering the fact that picking one school among so many offered nowadays can be a very hard task.
Students usually look for the school which will be the perfect combination of low cost and high quality and suits their needs, so in your search, we are committed to helping you by finding the best trade school for you in Wichita.
In the beginning, we will tell you some of the reasons why choosing this college would be beneficial to you.
The WSU Tech has to offer courses transfer to other institutions, 100 programs of study, high-quality education provided by experienced and knowledgeable educators, affordable education, both short-term and long-term programs as well as day or evening courses.
WSU Tech is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission.
Enrollment: So as to be able to complete your application for admissions you will need to create an account.
Some students may be asked to take a test to determine which courses they are prepared to take.
Once you choose the program of study that suits your interests, you should complete the checklist that is specific for it.
This can be found on the individual program pages.
The last thing you need to do is to meet with an academic advisor and enroll in the classes.
Fees: Tuition for general education courses is $75 per credit hour and fees are $35 per credit hour.
Among the many courses offered, these are some of them:
- Aerospace Manufacturing Technology
- Aviation Maintenance Technology – Airframe & Powerplant
- Accelerated A&P courses
- Electronics Technology
- Composite Technology
- Maintenance & Reliability
- Nondestructive Testing
- Core Coursework
- Certified Medication Aide
- Certified Nurse Aide
- Dental Assistant
- Emergency Medical Technician
- Healthcare Admin. & Mgmt.
- Healthcare Simulation Technology
- Home Health Aide
- Massage Therapy
- Patient Care Technician
- Practical Nurse
- Surgical Technology
- Veterinary Technician
- Alternative Fuel Maintenance & Advanced Electronics
- Automotive Service Technology
- Construction Science (Carpentry)
- Climate & Energy Control Technologies (HVAC)
- WSU Tech
- Address: 4004 N Webb Rd, Wichita, KS 67226
- Phone: +1 316-677-9400
- Web: https://wsutech.edu
Body & Soul Therapeutic Massage
Body & Soul Therapeutic Massage school is a certified massage school through the Kansas Board of Regents.
Enrollment: You are highly encouraged to look up information on massage therapy, as well tour through the school and talk to their instructors so as to feel more secure that this is the right path for you.
The interetsed applicants are required to provide the following documents along with the application form so that their application pacjage is considered complete.
- A copy of your high school diploma or GED equivalent
- A copy of any other diplomas, certificates, or licenses of additional education
- A letter from a health professional stating that you are in good physical, mental, and emotional health and are physically able to give and receive massage
- Two letters of recommendation from an employer, teacher, or a health care professional.
All these documents are supposed to be mailed with the application form to:
353 N. Hillside
Wichita, Kansas 67214
Fees: The tuition covers the costs of all your books, a massage table, hand-outs, massage insurance for a year, massage sheets, oils, and lotions.
- Body & Soul Therapeutic Massage
- Address: 353 N Hillside St, Wichita, KS 67214
- Phone: +1 316-618-5789
- Web: https://www.bodyandsoulmassageschool.com
Eric Fisher Academy
Eric Fisher Academy has to offer programs that will prepare you for a successful career in beauty – cosmetology or esthetics.
All prospective students need to meet the admissions requirements and only then they are encouraged to complete the five easy application steps.
Enrollment: You are supposed to visit the Eric Fisher Academy Campus, so you can call (316) 440-4782 or text (316) 440-5555 to schedule your visit with our Admissions Team and tour the school.
If you need financial aid, you can apply for it, and the Eric Fisher Academy Office of Financial Aid will assist you.
After you receive your Acceptance Letter, you should reserve your spot in the class of your choice by paying your Application Fee and filling out the Enrollment Information Form.
You will need to submit:
- Letter of Recommendation
- High School or GED Transcript
- Letter of Intent
The student enrolling in the cosmetology or esthetics program has to:
- have graduated from high school OR successfully completed the EQUIVALENT of 12th grade
- be at least 17 years of age as evidenced through a government-issued photo I.D.
- have completed the Admissions and Enrollment steps as outlined below
Fees: The fees are the following:
- Cosmetology Tuition: $16,500
- Esthetics Tuition: $10,500
- Application Fee: $100
- Eric Fisher Academy
- Address: 6727 W Central Ave, Wichita, KS 67212
- Phone: +1 316-440-5555
- Web: https://ericfisheracademy.com
Bethel House Training Institute
Bethel House Training Institute in Wichita, Kansas offers a variety of courses designed to introduce students to the field of nursing.
Enrollment: An active Kansas Nurse Aide Certification is required by the Kansas Department for Aging and Disability Services prior to enrollment in Certified Medication Aide or Home Health Aide, as well as prior to admission to LPN or RN programs.
Each program has certain course prerequisites:
Certified Medication Aide course prerequisites are:
- You must have an Active CNA Certificate
- You must take the ASSET 8th Grade Level Reading Exam (Taken at Bethel)
- You must Be 18 Years of Age
CMA Update/Online meets Kansas continuing education requirements for CMA’s.
Operator – for this course the student must have one of the following:
- A Bachelor’s Degree
- An Associate’s Degree in a Healthcare-Related Field
- A High School Diploma/GED and 1 Year Healthcare-Related Experience
- CAN – Total Cost: $650
- CMA – Total Cost: $595
- HHA – Total Cost: $240
- Phlebotomy – Total Cost: $750
- Operator – Total Cost: $750
- Certified Nurse Assistant
- Certified Medication Aide
- CMA Update/Online
- Phlebotomy Technician
- Bethel House Training Institute
- Address: 1005 S Glendale, Wichita, KS 67218
- Phone: +1 316-771-7315
- Web: https://www.bethelhousetraining.com
Heartland Welding Academy
Heartland Welding Academy’s welding school offers welding classes are five days a week, six hours each day and what students will get are five hours applying welding skills and one hour per day of in-classroom work
After the classes are over, each student will be given a Certificate of Completion & Proficiency upon successful completion of the core curriculum and practical training to AWS D1.1 standards.
Enrollment: The enrollment process consists of the following steps.:
- Schedule a tour to see what HWA classes are like and to meet with the facilities
- Fill out Enrollment Agreement
- Pay Enrollment Fee
- Determine your start date
A good thing to know is that the enrollment fee is non-refundable and start dates are based on availability.
The school have partnered with Mertize to provide those students in need with financing options
Fees: The tuition costs for the programs offered are the following:
- Practical Pipe & Structural Code Welding 720 Clock Hours – Cost: $9,950.
- Structural Code Welding 360 Clock Hours – Cost: $5,580.
- Onsite Field Machining Operation & Safety 80 Clock Hours – Cost: $2,900.
- Practical Pipe & Structural Code Welding
- Structural Code Welding
- On-Site Field Machining & Safety
- Heartland Welding Academy
- Address: 338 S Ida St, Wichita, KS 67211
- Phone: +1 316-776-5246
- Web: https://www.heartlandweldingacademy.com
Newman University is proud to have university and program accreditation provided by the Higher Learning Commission.
Enrollment: The best way for prospective students to make sure if they fit with Newman is to visit its campus.
Opportunities to visit campus are available Monday through Friday at 10:30 am or 2:30 pm during the academic year.
During the visit, you will get a 30-minute appointment to meet with an admissions counselor, a tour of campus and an opportunity to meet with a professor in your academic area of interest.
If you decide that this is the right school for you, you should get familiar with the ways of applying for admission.
All students are required to submit:
- A completed Application for Admission can be found on the Newman University website.
- Official transcripts of all academic work which should be mailed directly from the school to Newman University’s Office of Admission or submitted to our Office of Admission aa an electronic transcript through a secure, nationally recognized online platform.
- Official ACT or SAT exam scores
Admission is based on the following criteria:
- A cumulative grade point average of at least 2.0 on a 4.0 scale, or an average GED score of 450 with no individual test scores below 410;
- For those freshmen where an ACT or SAT score is required, an ACT composite super score of 18 or a combined SAT composite super score of 950;
- A recommended high school curriculum: English—4 units; math—3 units (including algebra); science—3 units; and social science— 3 units.
Some of the courses offered are:
- Business – Accounting
- Business – Data Analytics
- Business – Finance
- Business – Management Information Systems
- Business – Marketing
- Business – Organizational Leadership
- Business – Strategic Intelligence
- Business Administration – Management
- Chemistry / Biochemistry
- Criminal Justice
- Healthcare Science
- Information Technology
- Interdisciplinary Studies
- International Studies
- Liberal Studies
- Occupational Therapy
- Newman University
- Address: 3100 McCormick St, Wichita, KS 67213
- Phone: +1 316-942-4291
- Web: https://newmanu.edu
Wichita Technical Institute
Wichita Technical Institute is accredited by the Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges (ACCSC).
If you are ready to start training for a new, rewarding career, you should think about this accreditation, as it proves that the school has to offer programs that have reached the standard of quality.
So, let’s take a look at programs offered at Wichita Technical Institute.
Enrollment: In order to apply to Wichita Technical Institute you need0 to be eligible at first, and then to meet the admission requirements.
The applicant must be a citizen of the United States or an eligible non-citizen as classified by the Department of Homeland Security and he/she must have a high school diploma or an acceptable equivalent.
The application process is easy, as everything is done online.
The application form is available on the schools’ official website and you are supposed to fill it out and submit it.
That way you will get in touch with an admission representative whose job is to answer all your questions and tell you the steps for applying.
- Computer Technology & Network Administration
- Heating, Air Conditioning & Refrigeration
- Electronic Systems Technology
- Medical Assistant
- Medical Insurance Billing & Coding
- Pharmacy Technician
- Wichita Technical Institute
- Address: 2051 S Meridian Ave, Wichita, KS 67213
- Phone: +1 316-943-2241
- Web: https://www.wti.edu
Crave Beauty Academy
Enrollment: Your first step towards enrollment is to set an interview appointment with one of the admissions advisors.
Once you come in for your personal interview, you will discuss your personal goals and which program you are interested in.
Admissions Requirements are the following and you must meet them:
- You must be a high school graduate or have a GED
- You must be at least 17 years old
All applicants are required to provide supporting documents:
- Copy of High School Diploma, Transcript, GED or Equivalency
- Copy of Birth Certificate / Verification of birth
- Copy of photo ID
You will have to pay the administrative fee and pass the Crave Beauty Academy Entrance Exam.
Last, but not least, you will have to complete an admissions application and sign a tour sheet with all pre-enrollment information, as well as the Application for Apprentice License to Kansas or Missouri State Board.
Fees: You are supposed to pay the $100 administrative fee.
- NAIL TECHNOLOGY
- COSMETOLOGY INSTRUCTOR TRAINING
- BARBER EXPANSION OPPORTUNITY
- ITEC CERTIFICATION
- MED SPA / MEDICAL AESTHETICS
- Crave Beauty Academy
- Address: 3804 W Douglas Ave, Wichita, KS 67203
- Phone: +1 316-943-5516
- Web: https://cravebeautyacademy.com
Plumbers & Pipefitters Apprenticeship Training of Kansas
An apprentice in the Plumbing and Pipefitting industry is a person who is learning a trade by working with and assisting a qualified worker and that is what you can get if you enroll in Plumbers & Pipefitters Apprenticeship Training of Kansas.
If you enroll in the apprentice program you will get on-the-job training, but you will be responsible to pay yearly tuition, as well.
Enrollment: If you are interested in the application process, just go on reading as we are offering you all the necessary data.
The application process lasts from March 4th to 15th, and during that period the application packets are available to be filled out at Workforce Centers.
There are some supporting documents that you will need to have with you when you go and apply:
- a valid Class C driver’s license
- High School Diploma with a certified sealed Transcript or GED with Test Scores.
- a copy of your Certified Birth Certificate or proof of citizenship or proof of legal work status.
You are supposed to complete a Work Keys test through the Workforce Center and it has to be scheduled in advance through your local WorkForce Center.
Testing takes about 2.5 hrs and you have to pass it, as well as Drug Screen.
In the end, once your application is received, you will be sent a certified letter with a time and date for an interview.
- Plumbers & Pipefitters Apprenticeship Training of Kansas
- Address: 1330 E 1st St N # 110, Wichita, KS 67214
- Phone: +1 316-267-8508
- Web: http://ppatks.org
Wichita Electrical Joint Apprenticeship & Training Committee
If you decide that this is the right school for you, what you will receive is excellent training through the National Joint Apprenticeship & Training Committee of NECA and IBEW being that the school has made the best-trained, most up-to-date electrical apprentices and journeymen in the country.
Enrollment: Applications will be accepted at the Workforce Centers for a four-year electrical apprenticeship from Monday till Friday, but the applicants are required to meet the following minimum requirements to qualify for enrollment:
- The applicant must be at least 17 years of age at application and 18 years of age at the time of selection
- He/she has to be a High School Graduate or have a G.E.D., or have a two-year Associate Degree or higher.
- He/she must have completed, with a passing grade, either one full year of High School Algebra I or one post-High School Algebra course.
- They are supposed to provide an Official Transcript(s) for High School and post-High School courses and grades and achieve a qualifying score, “4” or higher, on the Electrical Trade’s Aptitude test.
- The applicants must submit a DD-214 to verify Military Training and/or experience if you are a Veteran
- They must provide evidence of having a valid Driver’s License and Birth Certificate.
- And they must be physically able to perform the essential functions of the trade.
- Electrical Power and Lighting Systems
- Power Distribution Systems
- Motor Control and Programmable Logic Controllers (PLC’s)
- Building Automation Systems
- Energy Management Systems
- Manufacturing, Packaging and Refining Systems
- Backup Power Generation Systems
- National Electrical Code
- Wichita Electrical Joint Apprenticeship & Training Committee
- Address: 810 W 13th St N, Wichita, KS 67203
- Phone: +1 316-264-9231
- Web: http://www.wejatc.org
Trade Schools in Kansas by CitySee trade schools in Kansas >>
After reading this article, we are sure that you will be able to find a perfect school for yourself which will train you for great jobs and career success.
Whichever of the above mentioned you choose, you will get the right knowledge, skills, and credentials.