Finding the perfect school for ourselves or our children is something we should take very seriously so the main goal of this article is to provide useful information related to the best vocational schools in Overland Park, KS
We have chosen schools based on the quality of students who finish them and teachers who provide knowledge.
Johnson County Community College: Cosmetology School and Salon
Johnson County Community College is proud to be accredited by The Higher Learning Commission.
Since its establishment in 1969, Johnson County Community College is dedicated to strengthening communities through quality learning and they are proud of generations of excellent graduates who started successful careers.
Enrollment: Johnson County Community College admission team requires that you meet the following requirements to be eligible for admission.
The applicant needs to be a high school graduate, or over the age of 18, but a recipient of a general educational development (GED) diploma.
Also, you can be 18 years of age or older and not be a graduate of a state-accredited high school, but have been determined by JCCC, after evaluating your educational credentials.
Also, a good thing to know is that there is a possibility of entering the college even if you are a non-high school graduate under the age of 18, but between 16 to 18 years of age, but you will need to submit documentation from the high school you should be attending stating that you have been released from attendance and you need to have been determined by JCCC as eligible, after evaluating your educational credentials.
Students may be required to submit transcripts when applying for JCCC credit courses.
JCCC offers a wide variety of degrees and certificate programs.
- Horticultural Sciences
- Sustainable Agriculture
- Art History
- Desktop Publishing
- Drafting Technology
- Film & Media Studies
- Fine Art
- Floral Design
- Graphic Design
- Interior Design
- Music & Recording Arts
- Business Administration
- Business Office Technology
- Fashion Merchandising & Design
- Marketing & Management
- Johnson County Community College: Cosmetology School and Salon
- Address: 9780 W 87th St, Overland Park, KS 66212
- Phone: +1 913-469-2390
- Web: https://www.jccc.edu
Film Connection Film Institute
The film industry is becoming more popular nowadays and those students who are eager to apply for the Film Connection Film Institute would not make a mistake.
Our aim with this article is to provide interested applicants with all the necessary data related to the enrollment procedure and fees at this institute and to make your decision a little bit easier.
Enrollment: Film Connection Film Institute does not have any special requirements for enrollment, but there are some rules according to which students are selected there.
If you want to be a student here you will need to show great determination and desire to attend these classes.
The eligible prospective students will be determined during the interview with the mentor, who is there to see whether the school is the right choice for the specific candidate.
Also, the mentor will decide whether the candidate is good enough to attend this school.
All candidates will go to a no-cost open-house interview and the tour of the facilities, after which the mentor will decide who can be enrolled.
By submitting an application to the Film Connection, which can be found on the school’s official website or by contacting an Admissions Representative, you will arrange a meeting.
- The Film Connection for Film Production & Editing Program Tuition is $13,040.
- The Film Connection for Cinematography Program Tuition cost is $12,750.
- Film Production & Editing
- Film Connection Film Institute
- Address: 9101 Barton St, Overland Park, KS 66214
- Phone: +1 913-396-8160
- Web: https://www.filmconnection.com
Recording Connection Audio Institute
The Recording Connection Audio Institute provides music education to future music producers and audio engineers so if you are interested in starting a music career, this school can be a perfect choice for you.
Everyone eager to enroll should try their luck applying, but they must bear in mind that not everyone will be accepted.
At the Recording Connection Audio Institute, you will be provided with an excellent education and the degree can be achieved easier than in a four-year traditional university.
Once the enrollment process opens, applicants will need to sign up for a personal tour and a meeting with a professional music producer or audio engineer.
The tour will include an interview with the experienced and qualified staff who will decide whether this institution is the right fit for the applicant and whether he/she is eligible to enroll.
If the decision is to allow him/her to enroll, the next step is the completion of the application form which you can find on the institute’s official website.
Fees: The admission staff has the job to arrange a plan that is in line with the students’ interests and needs when the tuition costs are in question.
- Audio Engineering & Music Production
- Advanced Audio Engineering & Music Production
- Hip Hop & Beat Making
- Live Music
- Logic Pro Electronic Music Production
- Ableton Electronic Music Production
- Advanced Ableton Electronic Music Production
- Music Producing
- Live Dj
- Music Business
- Recording Connection Audio Institute
- Phone: 800-755-7597
- Web: https://www.recordingconnection.com
Flint Hills Job Corps
Being that Job Corps Centers are available in many cities around the USA, you can expect that its staff provides outstanding academic training and courses in independent living, employability skills, and career success skills with a mission to help students achieve their full potential.
Enrollment: So as to become enrolled in any of its courses, you need to finish the simple enrollment process.
You will find the application on the school’s official website and all you need to do to enroll in Job Corps is to fill it out and submit it.
In case you are not able to get to the application online or you prefer paper forms, you can enroll by calling Job Corps who will send you the papers and once you complete this form, you should send it to a Job Corps Admissions Counselor.
You will be contacted within 3 business days and a Job Corps Admissions Counselor will help you complete the other application steps so as to finish the application successfully.
Fees: Job Corps centers are fully funded by the federal government and the education there is free.
- FINANCE AND BUSINESS
- AUTOMOTIVE AND MACHINE REPAIR
- HOMELAND SECURITY
- RENEWABLE RESOURCES AND ENERGY
- Flint Hills Job Corps
- Address: 9221 Quivira Rd, Overland Park, KS 66215
- Phone: +1 913-577-5913
- Web: https://www.jobcorps.gov
Mitsu Sato Hair Academy
The Academy is accredited by the National Accrediting Commission of Career Arts and Sciences (NACCAS).
Enrollment: Mitsu Sato Hair Academy offers an easy enrollment process that starts with application submission.
All information provided on the application form is confidential and the applicant needs to be sure to answer all questions.
Being that the Academy starts a new session on the first Tuesday of each month, all applicants should plan on beginning the enrollment and financial aid process no later than three weeks prior to the start date.
After completing the enrollment form, you will be required to pay a $100 enrollment processing fee.
Then, the applicants will be invited to come to Mitsu Sato Hair Academy to complete an enrollment contract, interview, and begin the process of Financial Aid or complete a tuition contract.
When coming to the academy, it is important to bring with you:
- Your birth certificate – students must be 17 or older to enroll
- Social Security Card
- Driver’s License or Government-issued photo ID
- High School Diploma or GED Certificate
- COSMETOLOGY COURSE – 1500 HOURS
- ESTHETICS COURSE – 1000 HOURS
- INSTRUCTOR IN TRAINING COURSE- 450 HOURS
- Mitsu Sato Hair Academy
- Address: 9062 Metcalf Ave, Overland Park, KS 66212
- Phone: +1 913-341-7286
- Web: https://www.mitsusatohairacademy.com
National American University Overland Park
National American University is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission.
Enrollment: You will need to find the link to the application form on the website and get started on your new career path.
Once you have completed the application process, you may register for classes online by going to mycampus.national.edu and clicking on the appropriate link.
Financial arrangements must be made prior to the class start.
However, not everyone will be admitted to National American University Overland Park.
Besides completing and submitting a student application for admission, the applicant must have graduated from a recognized high school or submit an official transcript from an accredited U.S. higher education institution and satisfy the admissions requirements.
Fees: A great thing to know is that National American University Overland Park does not require an application fee in undergraduate programs.
Tuition costs might vary depending on the chosen program of study.
- COLLEGE OF BUSINESS, TECHNOLOGY, AND HEALTH MANAGEMENT
- HENLEY-PUTNAM SCHOOL OF STRATEGIC SECURITY
- HAROLD D. BUCKINGHAM GRADUATE SCHOOL
- National American University Overland Park
- Address: 10310 Mastin St, Overland Park, KS 66212
- Phone: +1 913-981-8700
- Web: https://www.national.edu
Z Hair Academy
Enrollment: ZHair Academy, just like any other school, has set some rules and arrangements to make sure that the most deserving applicants are accepted as regular students.
You are supposed to contact Admissions by calling or texting them at (913) 999-2377 to schedule your visit with the Admissions team and tour one of the locations.
During this meeting, you will receive information on how to enroll.
To be considered for admission at Z Hair Academy, applicants must provide documentation of high school completion or its equivalent by providing a diploma, GED certificate, high school transcript, or state-issued credential for secondary school completion if homeschooled or a bachelor’s degree in the United States.
Furthermore, he/she needs to be at least 17 years of age and must complete a pre-enrollment interview with the director of admissions in which all applicants are asked the same questions.
During this interview, each applicant must score a minimum of 30 so as to be accepted.
Fees: A $150 registration fee has to be paid upon acceptance.
- Cosmetology Program
- Z Hair Academy
- Address: 14471 Metcalf Ave, Overland Park, KS 66223
- Phone: +1 913-402-4700
- Web: https://www.zhairacademy.com
Cleveland University-Kansas City
Enrollment: Cleveland University-Kansas City admission team has determined some rules by which they can decide the candidates that are most suitable for enrollment.
The interested students should complete a formal online application to the program along with the non-refundable application fee.
The documentation that has to support the application is your official high school transcript or equivalent, or if you have 24 college credits, those official transcripts, as well as your ACT/SAT score if you have less than 24 total college credit hours.
The university requires an ACT composite test score of 21 or above or an SAT composite test score of 1060 or above.
Some of the questions you will need to answer when completing the application form are:
- Have you previously applied for admission to Cleveland University-Kansas City?
- Have you been previously enrolled at Cleveland University-Kansas City*
- How were you first introduced to Cleveland University-Kansas City?
You will need to state referring individuals’ names, addresses, and phone numbers as well.
Fees: A non-refundable tuition deposit, which is credited to the first trimester’s tuition, is required within 60 days after being accepted into the program.
- Doctor Of Chiropractic PER TRIMESTER – $11,785
- Master Of Science In Health Education And Promotion PER CREDIT HOUR – $650
- Workplace Health Education And Promotion Certificate PER CREDIT HOUR – $650
- Associate Of Arts, Associate Of Applied Science, And Bachelor Of Science Degrees PER CREDIT HOUR – $600
- Doctor of Chiropractic
- Concurrent DC/BS Program
- Master of Science in Health Education and Promotion
- Bachelor of Science in Human Biology
- Associate of Arts in Biological Sciences
- Associate of Applied Science in Occupational Therapy Assistant
- Associate of Applied Science in Radiologic Technology
- Workplace Health Promotion Certificate
- Cleveland University-Kansas City
- Address: 10850 Lowell Ave, Overland Park, KS 66210
- Phone: +1 913-234-0600
- Web: https://www.cleveland.edu
Shawnee Mission South High School
It is true that each parent wants the best possible education for his/her child, and if you have chosen Shawnee Mission South High School as a future educational institution for yourself or your kid, you do not have to worry about the quality of educational programs and teachers at Shawnee Mission South High School being that it possesses the following approvals and recognitions.
- US News & World Report’s Best High Schools 2012-2019
- Washington Post’s Most Challenging High Schools 2010-2019
- Newsweek’s America’s Best High School 2010, 2011, 2013, 2017-2019
- National PTA School of Excellence 2014-2016
- Kansas EcoMeet State Champions 2015, 2017, 2018
- Kansas Academic Decathlon 1st Place 2001-2016, 2019
- KSHSAA Performing Arts School of Excellence2019
- Job Olympics of Eastern Kansas Division 2 Champions 2019
- 2019 Seal of Biliteracy Recipients-38 (14 Latin, 2 French, 22 Spanish)
- 61 State Championships
Enrollment: The mission of Shawnee Mission South High School is to personalize learning to ensure that all its students are socially responsible, informed, and life-long learners and they manage to achieve this.
Shawnee Mission South High School has determined deadlines for enrollment and all interested applicants have to meet those deadlines.
- Career & Technical Education
- Continuous Learning
- Curriculum – Program of Studies
- Digital Learning
- English Language Learners
- Gifted Education
- Library / Learning Commons
- Project Finish
- Signature Programs
- Special Education
- Summer Programs
- Shawnee Mission South High School
- Address: 5800 W 107th St, Overland Park, KS 66207
- Phone: +1 913-993-7500
- Web: https://smsouth.smsd.org
Hyman Brand Hebrew Academy
Enrollment: At Hyman Brand Hebrew Academy, the school staff is happy to answer your questions and help you through the application process, so you should feel free to contact Tamara Lawson Schuster, the Admissions Director, for assistance if you need it.
Upon contacting the Director of Admissions at (913) 327-8135 or via email email@example.com, applicants will be required to complete and submit the Application for Admission with a $50 non-refundable application fee, a copy of a birth certificate or passport, and a copy of current Immunization Record.
It is optional to submit a Financial Assistance Application for New HBHA Applicants and related documents to our Chief Financial Officer if you need financial assistance.
The Admissions Committee, consisting of the Head of School, Principals, Director of Admissions, Director of Student Services, and School Psychologist, will gather all application materials, recommendation forms and student records to make admission decisions and in case you are accepted, you will get an acceptance letter and enrollment contract.
Have in mind the fact that the admission process varies slightly according to the grade level to which a student is applying.
- Hyman Brand Hebrew Academy
- Address: 5801 W 115th St, Overland Park, KS 66211
- Phone: +1 913-327-8150
- Web: https://www.hbha.edu
Trade Schools in Kansas by CitySee trade schools in Kansas >>
Our article provides parents and prospective students essential information to help improve educational opportunities for them and now we believe that you are able to understand school quality and determine which school is the ideal one.