The school choice process can be extremely stressful.
The majority of us is not sure who to determine which school is best.
So as to find out more information about each school, people spend hours searching the net.
We wanted to make your search easier, so we gathered important information and made a list of the top ten trade schools in Iowa.
Southwestern Community College
Enrollment: There are three different kinds of application forms for SWCC classes.
The one is for a high school graduate or a person who has completed HSED (GED) before beginning to attend SWCC, as well as for a person who is a U.S. Citizen with a valid social security number.
There is a special International Student Application for Admission and a High School Student Application for Admission for those who want to take SWCC classes while still in high school.
Besides submission the application Form, future students have to provide High School Transcripts, High School Equivalency Diploma scores, or homeschooling documentation to the admissions office.
If they have attended other colleges or universities they must submit an official transcript from each college or university attended.
Southwestern Community College uses the ACT and ACCUPLACER test and the results from these tests are used as placement guides.
Fees: Approximately, one-year tuition cost at Southwestern Community College is 13,360 for an in-state resident and 13,570 for an out-of-state resident.
- Accounting & Info Tech
- Administrative Office Technology
- Agricultural Programs
- Arts & Sciences College Transfer
- Auto Collision Repair/Refinish
- Automotive Repair Technology
- Business Administration
- Carpentry and Building Trades
- Criminal Justice
- Electrical Technology
- Graphic Design
- Industrial Technology
- Information Technology Systems Networking
- Management Information System
- Office Skills
- Professional Music
- Southwestern Community College
- Address: 1501 W Townline St, Creston, IA 50801
- Phone: +1 641-782-7081
- Web: https://www.swcciowa.edu
St. Luke's College - UnityPoint Health
St. Luke’s College provides high quality, health system-based education.
Their mission is to help and support individuals who desire to become competent and compassionate health care providers.
Enrollment: If you’re ready to be a part of this college you are encouraged to submit your application for admission today.
You can either Apply Online by creating an account or Apply by Mail.
You are supposed to request official academic transcripts from your high school and/or colleges as well as the official scores from the American College Testing (ACT) assessment examination or equivalent.
St. Luke’s College future students have to demonstrate the potential to successfully complete the college’s educational objectives; they should be motivated to succeed in the program while remaining committed to the health care profession.
The documentation that has to be provided is the following:
- High School Record (GPA)
- Quality of High School Coursework
- ACT Examination Results (or equivalent)
- College Record
- Application Essay
- BACHELOR OF SCIENCE IN NURSING
- BACHELOR OF HEALTH SCIENCE
- ASSOCIATE OF SCIENCE IN NURSING
- ASSOCIATE OF SCIENCE IN RADIOLOGIC TECHNOLOGY
- ASSOCIATE OF SCIENCE IN RESPIRATORY CARE
- ADVANCED RADIOLOGY SPECIALTIES
- CERTIFICATE IN MEDICAL LABORATORY
- SCIENCE CERTIFICATE IN PHLEBOTOMY
- CLINICAL PASTORAL EDUCATION
- St. Luke’s College – UnityPoint Health
- Address: 2800 Pierce St Suite 410, Sioux City, IA 51104
- Phone: +1 712-279-3149
- Web: http://www.stlukescollege.edu/default.aspx
Hawkeye Community College Main Campus
Enrollment: So as to apply for a Program, you have to pass a few important steps.
Firstly, you have to choose a Program and complete a New Student Admissions Application.
In case you are an International Student, there is a special International Student Admissions Application.
The next step is to complete Required Assessment, so you should register for the ACCUPLACER assessment or request to have your assessment scores in reading, math, and writing sent to the Admissions office.
Accepted Assessments are the following:
If the chosen program has additional Admission Requirements, you have to complete them as well.
Furthermore, you need to request that your Official Transcripts are sent to Admissions
If you happen to be accepted, you will be sent a letter of acceptance in the mail.
Fees: You are supposed to pay the tuition for the classes and total fees for an in-state resident are $187 per credit hour, while out-of-state residents would have to pay $212
- Accounting Administrative
- Office Management
- Agricultural Business Management
- Agricultural Power Technology
- Animal Science
- Automotive Technology
- Civil and Construction Engineering Technology
- CNC Machining and Tool-Making Technology
- Collision Repair and Refinishing
- Dental Assisting
- Dental Hygiene
- Diesel Truck Technology
- Digital Mass Media
- Early Childhood Education
- Electronics Engineering Technology
- Emergency Medical Services
- Fire Science
- Heating and Air Conditioning
- Human Resource Management
- Industrial Automation Technology
- Information Systems Management
- Legal Office Assistant
- Veterinary Assisting
- Web Programming
- Welding Technology
- Hawkeye Community College Main Campus
- Address: 1501 E Orange Rd, Waterloo, IA 50701
- Phone: +1 319-296-2320
- Web: https://www.hawkeyecollege.edu
Northwest Iowa Community College
Northwest Iowa Community College is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission, a regional accreditation agency recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
NCC offers programs to students related to the area of businesses and industries.
What students get here are quality instruction and knowledge, with the ability to apply what they learn.
Enrollment: If you are interested in enrollment, you need to complete an application for admission.
The documentation that has to be submitted is official transcripts from your high school, colleges attended, or high school equivalency results.
Those who are not seeking a degree at NCC should only submit an application for admission.
Fees: All students are supposed to pay tuition Per Semester Credit.
The price differs depending on the state you come from.
Residents of Iowa pay $169, Non-Residents $179 and students coming from Border State, MN, NE, and SD $174.
Online Classes tuition is $184
- Business / IT
- Electrical / Construction
- General Studies / Transfer
- Northwest Iowa Community College
- Address: 603 W Park St, Sheldon, IA 51201
- Phone: +1 712-324-5061
- Web: https://nwicc.edu
Marshalltown Community College
Enrollment: So as to enroll in Marshalltown Community College, you are supposed to fill out the online MCC/IVGrinnell Application for Admission & Scholarships Form.
You can choose from more than 55 careers, technical and transfer programs and speak about them with college representation.
If you want to schedule a visit or have questions, you can email them at firstname.lastname@example.org or give them a call at 641-752-7106, or 866-622-4748.
Fees: Tuition costs vary from program to program and are prone to change annually.
You can use the Net Price Calculator, a tool which can estimate your college costs based on your personal needs and finances.
- Business Administration
- Business Education
- Computer Applications in Business
- Computer Network Management & Technology
- Computer Science/MIS
- eCommerce & Web Page Development
- Medical Office Practitioner
- Athletic Training
- Dental Assisting
- Health, Physical Education, Recreation, Sports Management
- Medical Assisting
- Physical Therapy
- Broadcasting/Digital Media
- Communications/Public Relations/Journalism
- Graphic Arts
- Mortuary Science
- Veterinary Medicine
- Marshalltown Community College
- Address: 3700 S Center St, Marshalltown, IA 50158
- Phone: +1 641-752-7106
- Web: https://mcc.iavalley.edu
Iowa Lakes Community college
Iowa Lakes Community College is accredited as an institution by the Higher Learning Commission.
Enrollment: If you have explored Academic Programs offered at Iowa Lakes college, you should contact an Enrollment Coach and organize a visit at Iowa Lakes
The way of applying for Admission is simple and you can do it either on a paper form, online at www.iowalakes.edu or in person at any Iowa Lakes campus.
You will be informed if there is a need for an interview.
Fees: There are different tuition prices for various students.
Student Tuition for an Iowa Resident is $183 per credit.
Minnesota Residents would pay $188 per credit while Non-residents and International students would need to pay $194 per credit.
- Accounting Specialist
- Administrative Assistant
- Administrative Support Specialist
- Agribusiness Technology
- Agriculture Production Technology
- Auto Collision & Paint Repair Technology
- Automotive Technology
- Aviation/Airport Management
- Boat and Watercraft Technician
- Business Administration & Management
- Business Specialist
- Computer Programming
- Construction Technology
- Criminal Justice
- Digital, Social & Broadcast
- Electrical Technology
- Engineering Technology
- Environmental Studies
- Farm Equipment & Diesel Technology
- Game Design & Development
- Graphic Design
- Hotel & Restaurant Management
- Human Services/Disability Studies
- Marine Service Technology
- Massage Therapy
- Medical Assistant
- Medical Office Technology
- Paralegal/Legal Studies
- Parts Sales & Inventory Control
- Powersports & Power Equipment Technology
- Sales & Marketing Management
- Substance Abuse Counseling
- Surgical Technology
- Veterinary Technician
- Water Quality Technician
- Wind Energy & Turbine Technology
- Iowa Lakes Community college
- Address: 300 S 18th St, Estherville, IA 51334
- Phone: +1 712-362-2604
- Web: https://www.iowalakes.edu
Aveda Institute Des Moines
Aveda Institute Des Moines offers three programs.
The Cosmetology program gives students skills and knowledge related to hair and scalp treatments, hair shaping, hair arranging, hair coloring, facial treatments, and skin care, hair removal, natural nail care, and acrylic nails, the Esthiology curriculum provides skincare training while the focus of the massage program is Swedish massage, deep tissue massage, and spa treatments with an emphasis on anatomy, physiology, and pathology.
Enrollment: Admission into Cosmetology, Esthiology and Massage Therapy is open to any applicant who possesses a high school education or equivalent (e.g. GED) and is at least 16 years of age.
The documentation necessary for application is:
- Signed permission from a parent or guardian if less than 18 years old.
- An aptitude test which determines the capability of successful completion of the program.
You need to submit all documentation for enrollment to the Admissions department.
You will then get the approval by the Admissions department based on documents received.
Fees: You are supposed to pay a non-refundable $100.00 application fee.
- Aveda Institute Des Moines
- Address: 6905 Mills Civic Pkwy #120, West Des Moines, IA 50266
- Phone: +1 515-224-5244
- Web: https://www.avedainstitutedesmoines.com
Siouxland Pipe Welding School
School’s mission is to provide superior quality training and create skilled and efficient individuals entering the pipe welding profession who will easily reach great careers in their future life.
Enrollment: As you probably know, any school has its own entry requirements that have to be met so as to be accepted as a possible future student.
When the enrollment at Siouxland Pipe Welding School is in question, there are a few steps to follow
The first one is to Complete Application in which you will be asked about your personal and educational data, as well as where you have heard about Siouxland Pipe Welding School.
You will need to completely fill out your application with honest answers as it will be reviewed by the director.
The next step is the payment of your tuition fee. Once received, you will be set up for orientation with the director.
The orientation is the last step during the enrollment process.
It is completed once financial and payment paperwork is completed and both the student and director have reviewed and signed the completed enrollment agreement.
This should be done in person.
- GTAW [TIG] PIPE WELDING CERTIFICATE PROGRAM
- SMAW [STICK] PIPE WELDING CERTIFICATE PROGRAM
- GTAW/SMAW COMBO-PIPE WELDING CERTIFICATE PROGRAM
- Siouxland Pipe Welding School
- Address: 3300 Northbrook Dr. A, Sioux City, IA 51105
- Phone: +1 601-770-9748
- Web: https://www.siouxlandpipeweldingschool.com
Iowa School of Beauty
Enrollment: If you are interested in enrolling, their admissions team is excited to meet you and answer any questions you may have about the application process.
You will have to fulfill the admissions requirements for all programs.
You have to be a high school graduate or hold an equivalency certificate (G.E.D.).
Foreign high school diplomas must be translated by a qualified outside agency and be confirmed as equivalent to a U.S. high school diploma.
You must be competent to meet the physical and other demands encountered in Cosmetology and related fields.
Besides the ISB Application, you have to provide a copy of high school diploma or GED certificate, Driver’s License/Photo ID or Copy of Birth Certificate, a Copy of Social Security Card and a score at or above 9th grade reading level for Cosmetology, Esthetics, Nail Technology programs on Entrance/Wonderlic exam.
Transfer students have to submit transcripts/proof of prior education in addition to the above-mentioned documentation.
Fees: You are supposed to pay a non-refundable $100 application fee.
- NAIL TECHNOLOGY
- MASSAGE THERAPY
- CONTINUING EDUCATION
- Iowa School of Beauty
- Address: 3320 Line Dr, Sioux City, IA 51106
- Phone: +1 712-274-9733
- Web: https://iowaschoolofbeauty.com
Allen College has a tradition of more than 90 years of excellence in healthcare education.
It is regionally accredited by the Higher Learning Commission
Enrollment: Allen College uses a holistic admission review.
The candidates are chosen according to their academic achievement, work experience, extra-curricular involvement, leadership and community service.
So as to gather all these data, you have to provide a short answer to essay questions on the application.
Fees: You are supposed to pay the following fees:
- Allen College Tuition per Semester Credit Hour – $629
- Laboratory Fee per Semester Credit Hour
for classes with Laboratory/Clinical Components – $54
- Student Services Fee per Allen Credit – $32
- Graduation Fee/Final Semester – $275
- Application Fee/One-time Fee – $50
- ATI Testing Fee/First Semester (Pre-Licensure BSN students) – $2,025*
- Registration Fee/One-time Fee -$200
- Professional Membership Fees/Annual Fee – $25-$40
- Associate of Science in Radiography
- Bachelor of Health Sciences
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing
- Master of Science in Nursing
- Master of Science in Occupational Therapy
- Doctor of Nursing Practice
- Doctor of Education in Health Professions Education
- Allen College
- Address: 1990 Heath St, Waterloo, IA 50703
- Phone: +1 319-226-2000
- Web: http://www.allencollege.edu/default.aspx
The stress related to school choice does not only come from choosing a school, but also from waiting for placement.
Now that you are familiar with all the admission requirements, you can easily prepare for admission and do not worry about being rejected.