The school you attend can make a huge difference to the path you take beyond graduation and your future career.
If you are a student at one of the best high schools in the world, that means you will have access to great facilities, quality education and you will be able to reach skills which can only lead you to success.
In this article, you will have a chance to take a look at some of the best high schools in Colorado and what makes them so good.
Colorado School of Trades
Colorado School of Trades is accredited by the Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges (ACCSC).
Since its foundation in 1947, the Colorado School of Trades (CST) has offered the gunsmith training program for those people interested in this vocation.
Enrollment: For those interested in this program, it is important to be eligible for it.
The requirements are the following:
- You have to be a U.S. citizen or permanent resident
- You have to be 18 years or older
- You have to possess a high school diploma or GED
- You have to pass a background check
- You have to be physically and mentally capable of performing projects and classwork required for graduation
The documentation that you are supposed to provide for the enrollment is:
- Completed application for enrollment
- Copy of High School Diploma or equivalent
- Essay in which you will answer the question – “Why I Chose to Become a Gunsmith”
Fees: Colorado School of Trades is accredited by the Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges (ACCSC).
Since its foundation in 1947, the Colorado School of Trades (CST) has offered the gunsmith training program for those people interested in this vocation.
- Basic Course G101
- Machine Shop
- Stock making/Design + Function I
- Design + Function II
- Colorado School of Trades
- Address: 1575 Hoyt St, Lakewood, CO 80215
- Phone: +1 303-233-4697
- Web: https://schooloftrades.edu
National American University Colorado Springs
National American University is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission
National American University was established as an educational institution with the aim of giving students the opportunity to reach their educational goals.
Enrollment: It is very important to follow the admissions requirements and provide those items that are necessary for enrollment.
For admission to National American University students must:
- Complete and submit a Student Application for Admission available online on the university’s website
- Have graduated from a recognized high school
- Submit an official transcript from an accredited U.S. higher education institution
Once you have completed the application process, you may register for classes online.
Fees: National American University does not require an application fee and the tuition can be calculated using the Net Price Calculator.
Tuition can be paid by cash, money order, through tuition assistance or major credit card in full at the time of registration.
- Information Technology
- School of Nursing
- Criminal Justice
- Paralegal Studies
- Professional Legal Studies
- National American University Colorado Springs
- Address: 1079 Space Center Dr #140, Colorado Springs, CO 80915
- Phone: +1 719-208-3800
- Web: https://www.national.edu
Emily Griffith High School
For over 30 years, Emily Griffith High School provides quality education to students who choose to pursue their high school diploma or GED and post-secondary goals.
What the school has to offer is an authentic curriculum, flexible scheduling and small class sizes which can only lead to great success.
Enrollment: So as to be able to enroll in this school, students have to fulfill certain entrance requirements.
They have to be between 17 and 20 years of age and show commitment to learning and exploring post-secondary options.
Plus, they have to complete and submit the “First Step” form which is designed to help the office track their progress through registration and it ensures that you receive the most up-to-date information regarding registration.
Then, you will receive an email with details related to the registration steps.
You are supposed to submit the required documentation:
- Free and Reduced Lunch Form
- Behavior and attendance reports from the previous school
- A copy of your birth certificate OR residency card OR passport
- A copy of your transcript from the last high school you attended
- Immunization records
- Photo I.D.
The application process is a little bit different between the diploma program and GED program.
- GED students must possess a non-expired government-issued ID while diploma students may present an unofficial ID.
- Diploma students must submit transcripts while GED students do not.
However, this is not all.
They need to complete mandatory testing which will take place during orientation.
It includes three tests for the diploma program (Reading, Language Usage and Math) or two tests for the GED program (Reading and Math).
Once documentation has been submitted, you will be scheduled for an orientation by the EGHS Enrollment Specialist and then you will be ready to begin your classes.
- Emily Griffith High School
- Address: 1860 Lincoln St 3rd floor, Denver, CO 80203
- Phone: +1 720-423-4902
- Web: http://eghs.egtc.net
Colorado Academy of Veterinary Technology
The Colorado Academy of Veterinary Technology is accredited by the Commission of the Council on Occupational Education (COE).
The veterinary technician program is a two-year degree program and after it, students may sit for the Veterinary Technician National Exam (VTNE).
The Colorado Academy of Veterinary Technology offers a veterinary technician degree program and continuing education courses for veterinary professionals.
Enrollment: The admission consists of scheduling a tour by filling out our form online first.
A representative will contact you to schedule your tour and when you see each other, you will be given the complete application packet to take home and fill out.
When enrolling all applicants must provide the following:
- Fully completed application form
- One letter of reference mailed directly to the CAVT administrative office
- Official high school transcripts or GED certificate indicating the date of graduation mailed directly by the high school to the CAVT administrative office
They are supposed to have a personal interview during the tour and show personal maturity during the admissions process.
All applicants must be at least 18 years of age.
Furthermore, they have to pass a basic entrance exam and take the Wonderlic© exam of basic skills.
Fees: Full-time tuition is $15,669 per year, but students should plan on the following fees as well:
- Laboratory fees: $1,517.00 per year.
- School uniform: approximately $38.00 per set
- Books – $800.00 per year.
- Stethoscope and other medical and laboratory supplies – $170.00.
- Student services: $1,376.00 per year.
- Graduation fee: $50.00.
- Veterinary Technology Program
- Colorado Academy of Veterinary Technology
- Address: 2766 Janitell Rd, Colorado Springs, CO 80906
- Phone: +1 719-219-9636
- Web: https://cavt.edu
CollegeAmerica has been established in 1964 and since then does its best to provide quality education programs to its students.
Enrollment: To begin your application, you need to fill in the application form available on the school’s official website.
It will be received by the school’s helpful admissions consultants who will contact you to help with the completion of your application.
The application process consists of scheduling a visit and meeting your financial planner.
Then you will do One-on-One Career Planning with an Admissions Consultant, make the campus tour and develop a Personalized Financial Plan.
You will meet with the Director of Admissions and you will be able to start your education.
Fees: Tuition and fees are the most important aspects of education, as many people are not able to afford to pay them.
For a high school diploma, you are supposed to pay $33,852 per year, while Bachelor’s degree costs $57,616 per year.
- Medical Assisting
- Business Management and Accounting
- Computer Technology & Networking
- Computer Science with a Networking & Information Systems Security emphasis
- Computer Science with a Software & Mobile Applications Development emphasis
- Business Administration – (BS)
- Address: 4601 S Mason St, Fort Collins, CO 80525
- Phone: +1 970-221-2769
- Web: https://www.collegeamerica.edu/locations/fort-collins
Auguste Escoffier School Of Culinary Arts
Auguste Escoffier School of Culinary Arts in Austin, Texas is nationally accredited by the Council on Occupational Education (COE).
Enrollment: Applying to the Auguste Escoffier School of Culinary Arts is easy.
The process begins when you apply online or contact our Admissions Department.
Admissions representatives will contact you to complete an admissions overview.
The application process includes submission of the following:
- Completed application
- Proof of high school graduation
- A copy of a valid driver’s license, passport or photo I.D.
Applications are accepted on an ongoing basis for upcoming class terms.
Fees: The fees and tuition are different for different degrees and programs.
If you want to get an Associate of Occupational Studies Degree in Culinary Arts the tuition and fees are $30,285 plus supplies which are $650.
The Culinary Arts Diploma tuition costs $17,635 while equipment and supplies are $450
The Pastry Arts Diploma tuition is $21,725 while equipment and supplies are $450
- Baking & Pastry
- Culinary Arts
- Online Culinary Program
- Online Pastry Program
- Farm to Table® Experience
- Enthusiast Cooking Classes
- Student Experiences
- Corporate Training
- Auguste Escoffier School Of Culinary Arts
- Address: 637 S Broadway H, Boulder, CO 80305
- Phone: +1 877-249-0305
- Web: https://www.escoffier.edu
Concorde Career College - Aurora
Concorde Career College – Aurora is institutionally accredited by the Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges.
The college offers career-focused health care programs and you will be able to get the diploma and associate degree in about eight months.
Enrollment: So as to be accepted at this College, you have to meet general admissions requirements.
Those include the following:
You have to make a personal interview and campus tour.
Then, you have to submit the complete admission documentation and passage of applicable entrance assessments.
Then, you should complete Online Readiness Assessment and provide the acceptable proof of graduation from an institution providing secondary education or the equivalent of such graduation.
Any student who does not provide valid documentation of high school graduation will be rejected.
The applicant has to be a citizen, permanent resident or eligible non-citizens of the United States and the documentation as a proof of this may be required.
Fees: Students are supposed to make monthly payments while attending school and the amounts are based upon the program in which the student is enrolled.
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing
- Cardiovascular Sonography – Associate
- Dental Assistant – Diploma
- Dental Hygiene – Associate
- Diagnostic Medical Sonography – Associate
- Medical Assistant – Diploma
- Physical Therapist Assistant – Associate
- Practical Nursing – Diploma
- Radiologic Technology – Associate
- Respiratory Therapy – Associate
- Surgical Technology – Associate
- Concorde Career College – Aurora
- 111 Havana St, Aurora, CO 80010
- Phone: +1 720-808-0455
- Web: https://www.concorde.edu
Power Technical (PTEC)
Power Technical (PTEC) is a Pre-engineering school for Designers, Builders, and Tinkerers.
Every student is required to take a character/ethic class each day for their time at PTEC as they prepare students to become the most valuable members in their chosen trade.
Enrollment: The only way of becoming a student it this school is by completing an online application available on the school’s website.
This is required and you will be asked to create your account and complete your application with honest answers.
Applications are available on the school’s website and once you submit it, you will be put on the waitlist.
Once you are notified through SchoolMint that you have received a spot in the college, please accept or decline the offer within 24 hours.
Fees: All James Irwin Charter Schools are tuition-free public charter schools and the same goes for Power Technical School.
The only fee you will need to pay is an annual student fee which is used to cover the cost of supplies, lockers, student planners and technology.
- CNC Machining
- Power Technical (PTEC)
- Address: 2525 Canada Dr, Colorado Springs, CO 80922
- Phone: +1 719-301-6200
- Web: https://jamesirwin.org/power-technical/
IBMC College Fort Collins
IBMC College is accredited by the Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges.
This is a non-profit, independent accrediting agency which offers quality education to its students.
Enrollment: IBMC College’s Admissions Department has experienced Admissions Representatives who will help you determine the right career program for you, based on your goals and interests.
There are special IBMC admissions requirements that you must complete so as to be accepted.
First, you need to schedule an interview with an admissions representative.
You are supposed to complete an application and tour the College.
When the documentation is in question, you will need to provide proof of High School Diploma or GED and take and pass the IBMC College Admissions Assessment.
Once you pass it, you will have to sign an Enrollment Agreement and meet with a campus Financial Aid Advisor to help identify what aid you may qualify for, if necessary.
- MASSAGE & HEALING ARTS
- BUSINESS & LEGAL
- IBMC College Fort Collins
- Address: 3842 S Mason St, Fort Collins, CO 80525
- Phone: +1 970-223-2669
- Web: https://plcofdenver.com
Pima Medical Institute - Aurora
Pima Medical Institute is offering you programs which will lead you to a rewarding career in healthcare.
Certificate programs, as well as online bachelor’s degrees, can be completed in about a year, while you can earn an associate degree in two years or less.
Enrollment: There are certain admission requirements and enrollment procedures which potential students have to fulfill.
Firstly, all applicants should have a high school diploma or recognized GED equivalent.
You will have to submit a high school transcript or evidence of satisfactory completion of GED testing.
Secondly, applicants under the legal age must have written approval of a parent or legal guardian.
There is a requirement that all applicants take an entrance exam and pass with a minimum score.
All medical degree and certificate applicants will be interviewed prior to acceptance.
You should also pay attention as there are specific admissions requirements by program and the best way to find out about them is to meet with a medical career specialist at the campus near you.
- Veterinary Technician
- Dental Assistant
- Medical Administrative Assistant
- Medical Assistant
- Practical Nursing
- Veterinary Assistant
- Expanded Duties Dental Assistant
- Pima Medical Institute – Aurora
- Address: 13750 E Mississippi Ave, Aurora, CO 80012
- Phone: +1 800-477-7462
- Web: https://pmi.edu/locations/colorado/aurora
Trade Schools in Colorado by City
Unfortunately, not everybody gets the chance of making the choice of where they want to go to school.
It is a luxury afforded to few and if you are among them, we believe that our article helped you get the idea which school is the ideal one for you.