Looking for a new school for your child or for yourself is quite a difficult task and it can so time consuming choosing the right one among so many options.
You will have to consider numerous factors before making your decision, especially the programs they have to offer, tuition costs and accreditation, as main characteristics of a good trade school.
Baptist Health College Little Rock
Baptist Health College Little Rock has been founded in 1920.
Since its foundation, it has been providing education, mentoring, academic support, and student services to Arkansans people and its staff are proud to be part of that amazing educational institution with such a long and successful history.
Students will be prepared to provide quality patient services and respond to the changing health needs of Arkansans.
Enrollment: The enrollment requirements include that prospective students must submit the application file.
However, they need to have a satisfactory ACT score and if they have never done the testing, Baptist Health College Little Rock offers ACT testing.
The ACT is required for admission to all programs.
The additional supporting documents for enrollment are official transcripts from all previous institutions.
Fees: The Baptist Health College requires that students must pay a $200 registration fee, which can be done by mail, while the total cost of tuition can be calculated via Net Calculator available on the school’s official website.
Also, the Baptist Health College Little Rock is pleased to offer NelNet as a convenient budget plan for budgeting tuition and fees.
- Academic Outcomes
- Medical Laboratory Science
- Nuclear Medicine Technology
- Occupational Therapy Assist
- Practical Nursing
- Nursing – Traditional
- Nursing – Accelerated
- Sleep Technology
- Surgical Technology
- Baptist Health College Little Rock
- Address: 11900 Colonel Glenn Rd, Little Rock, AR 72210
- Phone: +1 501-202-6200
- Web: https://www.bhclr.edu
Velvatex College of Beauty
Enrollment: The enrollment process starts by completing an application for enrollment.
Then, you are supposed to complete cosmetology in training application to be forwarded to the State
Board of Cosmetology and provide proof of secondary education such as a high school diploma, a GED
certificate, an official transcript.
The applicants are required to provide a State Issued Picture Identification, a Social Security Card or proof of application for a card and a birth certificate if 17 years of age or younger.
If the applicant is under 18 years of age, the signature of the parent/guardian is required when filling out the application form.
Application for admission to Velvatex College Of Beauty Culture is available online on the school’s official webpage.
All paperwork must be completed and turned in one week prior to the start date.
The applicant must have completed his/her sophomore year of high school.
Fees: Financial Aid is available to those that qualify and who cannot pay the tuition, but first they need to complete the FAFSA Application.
- Cosmetology Course
- Cosmetology Instructor Course
- Velvatex College of Beauty
- Address: 1520 Dr. Martin Luther King Dr, Little Rock, AR 7220
- Phone: +1 501-372-9678
- Web: https://www.velvatexcollege.com
Ultimate Technical Academy
Ultimate Technical Academy has been established with the aim to educate top-performing HVAC technicians so what they have to offer is both education & hands-on training.
If you, as a future student, would like to attend the Advanced Service Diagnostics course, you have to bear in mind the fact that it is designed for experienced technicians.
Enrollment: Students are not required to do any pre-course work before coming to the classes, as they just need to select the first course they want to enroll in and there are courses for inexperienced technicians who are at the very start of their careers.
What you are supposed to do is to call Pat Hardwick at UTA (1-501-835-8200) for registration forms.
Fees: Tuition for each five-day course is $1,199, plus a material fee of $198.
What is included in the material is lab materials, books, supplies and lunch each day.
The payment is not made before, but after the technician has attended the course.
If you have trouble with providing the money at once, they offer an interest-free payment plan for up to six months upon request.
- Refrigeration Technology
- Electrical for HVAC
- Heating Technology
- Installation Technology
- Advanced Service Diagnostics
- Electricians Service & Maintenance Course
- Ultimate Technical Academy
- Address: 1611, 6108 Getty Dr, North Little Rock, AR 72117
- Phone: +1 501-835-8200
- Web: https://www.ultimatetechnician.com
Pulaski Technical College
Enrollment: So as to become a student at UA – Pulaski Tech, all interested students are supposed to review the enrollment and eligibility requirements.
Incoming freshmen and transfer students can apply to UA-PTC at www.uaptc.edu/apply but only if they meet the Admissions Requirements.
They need to complete list of required items to be submitted to the Office of Admissions such as official high school transcripts/GED scores which must be in the sealed envelope from the institution, official test scores: ACT, SAT, COMPASS, and ACCUPLACER accepted, and immunization records – Proof of two MMRs (measles, mumps, rubella) for students born after January 1, 1957.
Fees: The tuition costs are the following:
- In-State (per credit hour) -$134
- Out-of-State/International (per credit hour) – $175
Here are some of the programs offered:
- Allied Health and Human Services
- Allied Health
- Associate of Applied Science in Allied Health
- Dental Assisting
- Associate of Applied Science in Allied Health: Dental Assisting
- Technical Certificate in Dental Assisting
- Emergency Medical Sciences
- Associate of Science Emergency Medical Sciences
- Certificate of Proficiency in Emergency Medical Technician
- Technical Certificate in Paramedic (Fall Entry)
- Technical Certificate in Paramedic (Spring Entry)
- Health Information Technology
- Business and Information Technology
- Business, Technology, and Engineering Programs
- Associate of Applied Science in Business
- Associate of Science in Technology and Engineering
- Associate of Applied Science in Business – Accounting
- Technical Certificate in Accounting
- Certificate of Proficiency in Accounting
- Education Programs
- Associate of Applied Science in Early Childhood Development
- Associate of Science in Education
- Technical Certificate in Early Childhood Development
- Pulaski Technical College
- Address: 13000 I-30, Little Rock, AR 72210
- Phone: +1 501-812-2859
- Web: https://www.uaptc.edu/earn-a-degree
Metropolitan Career Tech Center
Enrollment: The Little Rock School District is offering an on-line registration process via the Gateway Registration portal.
The portal will become available to prospective students during the Open Enrollment registration period and you will get a chance to apply for both magnet and specialty schools,
When the online registration process has been completed, parents must submit the proper documents in order for the child’s application to be submitted and this can be done by making an appointment or bringing the documentation to the Student Registration Office.
You must have an active email address to apply and if you do not bring all supporting documentation to the LRSD Student Registration Office your file will not be processed.
Fees: You can find out the details related to the tuition costs when calling or visiting the school’s office for admission.
- Audio-Video Technology & Film
- Automotive Collision Repair
- Automotive Service Technology
- Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA)
- Construction Technology
- Criminal Justice
- Culinary Arts
- Digital Media
- Emergency Medical Services
- Health Sciences (Medical Professions)
- Welding and Metal Fabrication
- Metropolitan Career Tech Center
- Address: 7701 Scott Hamilton Dr, Little Rock, AR 72209
- Phone: +1 501-447-1200
- Web: https://www.lrsd.org/metro
LITTLE ROCK SCHOOL OF DENTAL ASSISTING
Little Rock School of Dental Assisting is a post-secondary career school where you can get high-quality education combined with hands-on experience and you can easily become a dental health care professional.
The main aim of this institution is to increase the knowledge and skills of dental professionals, thus improving the health status of patients and they have been achieving this since its foundation.
Enrollment: Becoming a well-educated and qualified dental assistant today in Little Rock has never been easier, and this school is definitely worth considering.
You should think about applying and you should know that everything is available online, on the school’s official website.
There you will find the application form and you are supposed to fill out and submit.
You will be asked to provide some personal and educational data
Once the application has been reviewed and you are accepted into the program, you will receive an email notification about that.
The next step is registration.
In the email, you will get a link to the LRSDA Enrollment Agreement and Course Catalog which should be completed.
Fees: You will have to make a payment or down payment before the classes start.
Your Registration Fee and Tuition will cost you $4000.
Another option is to make a $1000 down payment to cover your Registration Fee and secure your spot in the upcoming classes while $3,000 which remain have to be paid in three equal installments of $1,000.
- Dental assisting
- LITTLE ROCK SCHOOL OF DENTAL ASSISTING
- Address: 4220 N Rodney Parham Rd #200, Little Rock, AR 72212
- Phone: +1 501-249-2772
- Web: https://www.lrsda.com/
Arkansas College of Health Careers
Health care jobs have grown considerably over the past two decades and that is one of the reasons why Arkansas College of Health Careers’ educational institution is becoming more and more popular.
Enrollment: If you are wondering how to apply, you would be glad to know that the application for admissions may be made at any time during normal business hours – Monday through Thursday.
You can either apply in person at the ACHC Admissions Office or schedule an appointment with one of our Admissions Representatives.
Admission Requirements that each applicant must meet are the following:
- Beyond the age of compulsory public school attendance
- Be interviewed by an ACHC School Admissions Representative
- Provide proof of a high school diploma or GED
- Provide proof of a social security card
- Provide proof of identification (Arkansas Driver’s License or State issued identification card)
- Complete a student enrollment agreement
- Arrange for tuition financing with the ACHC Student Financial Aid Office
- Receive approval of acceptance from the director of the school
Depending on your course, there could be other requirements such as a TB test***
- Phlebotomy Technician
- Medical and Clinical Laboratory Technician (Phlebotomy Electrocardiography, Spirometry)
- Medical Business Officer
- Nursing Assistant
- Arkansas College of Health Careers
- Address: 9714 W Markham St, Little Rock, AR 72205
- Phone: +1 501-319-7573
- Web: https://achc.us
Remington College - Little Rock Campus
Remington College is accredited by the Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges (ACCSC) which is a nationally recognized accrediting agency.
This means that the school has reached a high level of quality and that students can expect only an excellent education there.
Enrollment: The enrollment procedure guidelines set by the school can be found on the school’s official website and prospective students are required to meet them so that they can be accepted.
You will need to contact a Remington College Admissions Representative and schedule a tour.
The tour is designed for interested applicants to discuss their interests, educational achievements and tuition costs, as well as the admissions and enrollment process from start to finish.
You will be required to choose your Degree or Diploma Program according to your interests and the Admissions Representative will help you fill out an Application and an Enrollment Agreement.
The supporting documents required for the admission are Proof of High School Graduation or a GED.
You will need to take and pass a Standardized Entrance Test, except if can show proof of an associate degree or higher from an accredited college.
- Database Management and Administration
- Heating, Ventilation, and Air Conditioning (HVAC)
- Medical Assisting
- Pharmacy Technician
- Restaurant, Hospitality, and Retail Management
- Computer-Aided Design and Drafting
- Facility Maintenance
- Heating, Ventilation, and Air Conditioning
- Medical Office Administration
- Nail Technician
- Pharmacy Technician
- Remington College – Little Rock Campus
- Address: 10600 Colonel Glenn Rd #100, Little Rock, AR 72204
- Phone: +1 501-303-4385
- Web: https://www.remingtoncollege.edu
New Tyler Barber College
The goal of New Tyler Barber College is to provide you with the education necessary to become a qualified, successful hairstylist and all its courses are intended to qualify students for the Arkansas State Barber Boards’ written and practical examinations.
If you pass these exams successfully, you will be issued a Registered Barber’s License from the Arkansas State Board of Barber Examiners.
Enrollment: A very good thing to have in mind when applying for enrollment in New Tyler Barber College is the application and enrollment checklist.
You will need to meet all these requirements, so make sure you submit all the documents and pay all the fees.
Here is what you need:
- $35.00 Admission Fee
- $20.00 Arkansas State Barber Board Issued Permit
- Copy of your High School Diploma or Transcript, or G.E.D.
- Original Social Security Card (a copy will be made)
- Two wallet size photos of yourself
- Copy of your Driver’s License or State Issued ID Card
- Copy of your prior year’s Federal Income Tax Return or a copy of your parent’s prior year’s Federal Income Tax Return
- New Tyler Barber College
- Address: 1221 Bishop Lindsey Ave, North Little Rock, AR 72114
- Phone: +1 501-375-0377
- Web: https://www.newtylerbarbercollege.edu
Arkansas Construction Education Foundation
Arkansas Construction Education Foundation offers four-year and two-year apprenticeship programs that are certified by the U.S. Department of Labor, recognized by the Arkansas Department of Career Education and accredited by the National Center for Construction Education and Research.
At Arkansas Construction Education Foundation the students will get the required knowledge through the NCCER curriculum which combines knowledge-based exams and “hands-on” performance evaluation.
Enrollment: The enrollment to these courses has never been so easy, as all you are supposed to do is to call or visit ACEF in Little Rock to get registered for all apprenticeship courses and that’s it.
You are ready to start classes.
Your interest in this field is enough to get you involved in the programs offered at the Arkansas Construction Education Foundation.
If you cannot visit the office, you will have the opportunity of getting the registration form by fax, mail or email.
All you need to do is to request a registration packet.
Fees: The details related to the tuition costs can be gathered by calling the office and you can also ask about association discounts as well.
- Electrical Program
- Plumbing Program
- HVAC: Heating, Ventilation & AC Program
- EST: Electronic Systems Technician Program
- Sprinkler Fitting Program
- Carpentry Program
- Arkansas Construction Education Foundation
- Address: 4421 W 61st St, Little Rock, AR 72209
- Phone: +1 501-372-1590
- Web: http://myacef.org
Trade Schools in Arkansas by CitySee trade schools in Arkansas >>
Education is essential for all students and no matter whether you are planning to attend college or want to immediately start training for a career after high school, choosing the right educational institution for yourself is a very important step and it is of great significance to really choose the best one for your needs.