One of the best ways to determine which schools are the right choice for you is to take a look at its ranking which is based on the quality and performance of its students.
We have done that for you and not only gathered important information but also have analyzed this data so as to determine which ten trade schools in Tucson are the best ones.
Pima County JTED at Camino Seco
Enrollment: ThePima County JTED at Camino Seco has the eligibility requirements that prospective students must meet.
You will be considered eligible to take a Pima County JTED Career and Technical Education program if you are:
- High school age sophomore, junior, or senior
- A resident of Pima County, Nogales, Rio Rico (Santa Cruz), or Mammoth-San Manuel (Pinal Co.)
- A student under 22 years of age regardless of current enrollment if the student has not earned an H.S. diploma or GED
The enrollment process for new students starts with reviewing the Program and Central Campus information.
Then, if you consider that a certain program is the right one for you, you should speak with your high school counselor or contact one of our Central Campus Counselors.
The next step is to complete the entire Program Interest Form and one the school gets it, they will email a confirmation to you.
You will be notified sometime in mid-March if you have been selected to complete the enrollment process.
If this happens, you will need to submit proof of Arizona Residency, a copy of your birth certificate, and immunization record, as well as up-to-date high school transcripts for some of the programs.
Some of the programs are:
- 3D Animation/Virtual Reality & Game Design
- Air Transportation/FAA Drone Operator
- Heavy Equipment Operations
- Law, Public Safety & Security
- Personal Assistant/Caregiver
- Physical Therapy Technician
- Precision Machining
- Precision Manufacturing
- Registered Medical Assistant
- Veterinary Science
- Welding Technologies
- Agribusiness Systems
- Agriscience – Animal Systems
- Agriscience – Plant Systems
- Architectural Drafting
- Automotive Collision Repair
- Business Management & Administrative Services
- Business Operations Support & Assistant Services
- Computer Maintenance
- Culinary Arts
- Dental Assisting
- Diesel Mechanics
- Pima County JTED at Camino Seco
- Address: 8727 E 22nd St, Tucson, AZ 85710
- Phone: +1 520-352-5833
- Web: https://pimajted.org
Tucson College of Beauty
The school is licensed by the Arizona State Board of Cosmetology and accredited by the National Accrediting Commission of Cosmetology Arts and Sciences (NACCAS).
Furthermore, the Tucson College of Beauty is proud to be a member of the American Association of Cosmetology Schools (AACS).
Tucson College of Beauty has the aim to educate students in the field of the beauty industry.
Once the school is finished, they will become creative future salon professionals.
Enrollment: TheTucson College of Beauty is a locally-owned school and its teachers have been teaching the latest techniques in hair and skin care.
So as to be considered for enrollment, the following items are required to enroll as a student at Tucson College of Beauty.
You must bring:
- $100 Registration and Application Fees
- Driver’s License or Picture I.D.
- Social Security Card
- Proof of Eligibility for Admission either a High School Diploma or GED or Professionally translated High School Diploma
- Completed Student Application
- NAIL TECHNICIAN
- STUDENT INSTRUCTOR
- Tucson College of Beauty
- Address: 3955 N Flowing Wells Rd, Tucson, AZ 85705
- Phone: +1 520-887-8262
- Web: https://www.tucsoncollegeofbeauty.com
Academy for Caregiving Excellence
Enrollment: TheAcademy for Caregiving Excellence offers a very easy enrolling for their CNA courses.
What future students consider amazing is that they do not need to possess any previous experience, but they must have in mind that all our students must pass an entrance exam.
They also request a copy of your driver’s license (or state-issued ID) and a background check which costs $30.
If you are ready to apply to the CNA training course, you must pass a basic math and reading comprehension entrance exam as well as meet all the eligibility criteria:
You should be either a candidate with at least one-year full-time employment in the direct provision of health care within the past five years or a student who has successfully completed course work that included direct patient care experiences in allied health, medicine or nursing in the past five years.
Also, the applicant has to provide Tuberculosis clearance within the past 8 months.
- CNA Advanced Placement for healthcare workers – Price$1,318.00
- CNA – Nursing Assistant + Caregiver Course – Price$2,795.00
- Caregiver Certification Course – Price$730.00
- Caregiver Bridge Course (for CNAs & DCWs) – Price$500.00
- CNA Advanced Placement for healthcare workers
- CNA – Nursing Assistant + Caregiver Course
- Caregiver Certification Course
- Caregiver Bridge Course (for CNAs & DCWs)
- Academy for Caregiving Excellence
- Address: 4723 N 1st Ave, Tucson, AZ 85718
- Phone: +1 520-338-4402
- Web: https://www.academyforcaregiving.com
Aveda Institute Tucson
Aveda Institute Tucson, as well as all Aveda campuses, are accredited by the National Accrediting Commission of Career Arts and Sciences.
This means that the school meets national standards of educational performance and you will not regret your decision if you enroll in it.
Enrollment: The application process was set by the school’s admission office.
It requires that all applicants, prior to submitting the application packet, have to gather all the required documentation.
To be eligible for consideration, the applicant has to possess a letter of Intent.
As a part of the application procedure, and while filling out the application form, the applicant will have to answer the questions:
- What will you contribute to the industry when you’re finished with your training?
- How will you Inspire Greatness during your training?
- How will you care for those around you?
- What belief statement do you connect with the most?
When the additional documentation is in question, what you will need is a copy of High School Diploma, High School Transcript or GED.
It is obligatory that you are a high school graduate prior to the official start date of your course and you have to provide proof of age, either a copy of driver’s license, passport, or birth certificate.
Fees: There is a $50 application fee.
- Esthiology and Master Esthiology
- Massage Therapy
- Aveda Institute Tucson
- Address: 145 S 6th Ave, Tucson, AZ 85701
- Phone: +1 520-207-2660
- Web: https://www.avedainspiregreatness.com/tucson-campus
Arizona School of Acupuncture & Oriental Medicine
The Masters of Acupuncture and the Masters of Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine programs of the Arizona School of Acupuncture and Oriental medicine are institutionally accredited by the Accreditation Commission for Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine (ACAOM).
Enrollment: All interested applicants are welcomed to visit the college and take a tour so as to become more familiar with ASAOM and its programs.
If you determine that this is the right school for you, these are materials required for application:
- Completed ASAOM application
- $150 application fee (non-refundable)
- Two recent passport-sized photographs
- Official transcripts from an accredited college sent directly to ASAOM from the originating institution.
- Essay of intention, 500-word minimum, in which you will be speaking about the following
- Reason for undertaking this program
- Understanding of the time commitment, energy, and dedication needed to succeed
- Five reasons for choosing ASAOM in pursuing your degree
- Your vision following graduation
- A letter from a licensed acupuncturist stating you have had at least two acupuncture treatments
- A statement from a physician
- Proof of negative PPD test (Tuberculosis skin test)
- A typed professional resume
- Two professional letters of reference
- A scheduled appointment either via telephone or in-person with the Financial Aid department
- Arizona School of Acupuncture & Oriental Medicine
- Address: 2856 E Fort Lowell Rd, Tucson, AZ 85716
- Phone: +1 520-795-0787
- Web: https://www.asaom.edu
Tucson Electrical Apprenticeship
Enrollment: The Tucson Electrical JATC classes are available to candidates who can show a positive attitude and exceptional work ethic to learn the skills of the trade.
The application procedure is made easy so that everyone interested can apply and the applications are available online.
All applicants will be required to submit to a drug test as a condition of being accepted.
The eligibility requirements that applicants must fulfill are the following:
- Provide a Birth Certificate or reliable documentation of the date of birth (Driver’s License) to confirm you meet the age minimum of 18 years
- A high school diploma or GED certificate which has to be submitted as an official sealed copy of your high school transcript or GED Scores.
- Applicants must have completed one full year of high school algebra with a passing grade or one post-high school algebra course with a passing grade. I
- Provide proof of reliable transportation to travel to job assignments (car insurance or car registration form)
- A copy of DD214 form if current or prior military member
- All qualified applicants will be required to take the Electrical Industry’s Aptitude Test developed and validated by the American Institutes for Research and reach a minimum score of “5” or higher to be eligible for an interview.
Fees: There is a non-refundable $20 application fee to be paid by credit/debit card at the time of application.
- Tucson Electrical Apprenticeship
- Address: 1949 W Gardner St, Tucson, AZ 85705
- Phone: +1 520-790-4690
- Web: https://www.tucsonjatc.org/become-an-apprentice/
Enrollment: So as to apply for admission to Pima Community College we suggest that you make use of these guidelines which consist of each step necessary to be taken to become a PCC student.
Step1- Apply for admission
You can use the online application available on the school’s website and submit it electronically or use printed applications available for download or at any campus Student Services Center.
There is a chance of applying for financial aid if you need financial assistance to pay for college.
The second step is the activation of your MyPima student account so as to have access to registration, financial aid, degree planning, tuition information, textbooks, and the payment plan.
Step 3 includes the taking of placement tests.
So as to complete the Pre Placement Tutorial, you should go to MyPima and look on the New Students page, Step 2: Placement Testing section.
You will be required to take reading, writing, and math placements at a campus Student Services Center. The last step is the attending of an orientation.
- Arts, Humanities, & Communication
- Business Careers
- Computer Information Technology
- Education Careers
- Health-Related Professions
- Public Safety Careers
- Science & Engineering
- Social Sciences
- Trade Professions
- General Studies
- Pima College
- Address: 5901 S Calle Santa Cruz, Tucson, AZ 85709
- Phone: +1 520-206-4500
- Web: https://www.pima.edu
Southern Arizona Barber College
Enrollment: Those people who are interested in enrolling at Southern Arizona Barber College have to meet some requirements.
They can start learning the field of barbering at just the age of 16 and the first step in the enrollment process is the scheduling of an appointment.
The Southern Arizona Barber College teachers are committed to expanding, updating, and improving our education.
Students will be required to submit to drug and/or alcohol testing upon enrollment in Southern Arizona Barber College.
Besides being at least be 16 years of age, you must have completed 10th grade in order to apply at Southern Arizona Barber College.
You will also need to receive your High School diploma or GED by the time you graduate from SABC in order to qualify for our barber training program.
The cosmetologist has to have a current Arizona License in order to qualify for this program.
Fees: Barber / styling program cost total – $8,500
There is an application fee (non-refundable) of $25 and a Registration fee (non-refundable) of $175 that has to be paid.
- Barber / styling program
- Southern Arizona Barber College
- Address: 2257 E Broadway Blvd, Tucson, AZ 85719
- Phone: +1 520-319-0122
- Web: https://www.southernarizonabarbercollege.com
Empire Beauty School
Empire Beauty School is worth considering if you belong to those who want to enter the field of beauty.
The school is very well known across the USA due to the fact that it offers high-quality education in many cities and that all its schools are licensed by the National Accrediting Commission of Career Arts and Sciences.
The classes are provided by the quality and experienced educators and once you finish school, you will be able to open your own facilities and start your career.
Enrollment: The applicants must meet the Empire Beauty School enrollment requirements so as to be considered possible future students.
The school offers an easy enrollment process that is open to anyone who believes that he/she is able to perform this job, but not everyone will be accepted.
Prospective applicants are supposed to visit the school’s official website and look for a link to the application form.
Everything is done online, and once your form is received, you will get in contact with a school representative who will assist you with the other parts of enrollment.
You can schedule an appointment to tour a school and discuss all the questions you have with the admission representative.
- Cosmetology Educator
- Empire Beauty School
- Address: 3030 E Speedway Blvd, Tucson, AZ 85716
- Phone: +1 520-399-6149
- Web: https://www.empire.edu/cosmetology-schools/arizona/tucson-university-area?v=local
Carrington College is proud to accredited by the Accrediting Commission for Community and Junior Colleges, Western Association of Schools and Colleges (ACCJC/WASC).
Enrollment: In case you belong to the Carrington College’s prospective students, it is significant to know that you will need to provide certain admission documentation and meet the eligibility requirements so as to be able to enroll in the classes there.
The students of the Carrington Colleef must have completed high school or high school equivalency examination which has to be proved on their Application for Admission and they must submit official proof of approved high school graduation or attainment of a high school equivalency diploma.
If you do not submit proof of graduation by the end of the sixth week of class, which is the deadline, your enrollment will be canceled.
Fees: Tuition and fees at Carrington College vary by program and location, so there is the Carrington College Net Price Calculator on the official website by which you can calculate how much your tuition is going to cost you.
- Nursing Programs
- Medical Programs
- Dental Programs
- Veterinary Programs
- Criminal Justice Programs
- Online Programs
- Carrington College
- Address: 201 N Bonita Ave #101, Tucson, AZ 85745
- Phone: +1 520-368-3028
- Web: https://carrington.edu/schools/tucson-arizona/
Trade Schools in Arizona by CitySee trade schools in Arizona >>
Among so many schools offered in Tuscon, we know that you cannot be sure which one is the ideal for you.
What we suggest is to pay attention to the programs and tuition fees that would be in line with your interests and budget.
Whichever of the above ones you choose, you will not regret your decision.