Did you know that thousands of students would like to attend trade schools every year?
If you are one of them, but you do not know which trade school to choose, we are there to help you.
We are offering you a list of top ten vocational schools in Rochester.
Rochester Educational Opportunity Center (REOC)
Enrollment: Applicants are encouraged to apply early for all REOC programs due to the fact that they fill quickly.
Those who show interest in applying should first meet the entrance requirements to REOC:
The applicant must be 17 years or older and has to provide proof of income as well as proof of New York State Residency.
Furthermore, the applicant has to possess a Photo Identification and I-94 or Green Card.
Requirements vary according to the program chosen and for example, program requirements for Customer Service Professional/Medical Secretary/Medical Secretary Accelerated/Office Support Specialist/Security Guard/College Preparation are:
- Achievement of required program score on TABE test
- Proof of High School Diploma or GED
- MMR Immunization Verification
- Civil Service Preparation
- Customer Service Professional
- Emergency Telecommunications Program
- Medical Secretary
- Office Support Specialist
- Certified Nurse Assistant
- Emergency Medical Technician
- Home Health Aide
- Licensed Practical Nursing
- Pharmacy Technician
- Sterile Processing Technician
- College Preparation
- English for Speakers of Other Languages
- High School Equivalency (HSE) Preparation
- Pre-Vocational Studies
- SAT Preparation
- Culinary Arts
- Security Guard
- Child Development Associate
- Child Development Associate Renewal
- Child Development Training
- Teacher Assistant
- Rochester Educational Opportunity Center (REOC)
- Address: 161 Chestnut St, Rochester, NY 14604
- Phone: +1 585-232-2730
- Web: https://www.reoc.brockport.edu
City School District: Family Learning Center
The main reason why so many people choose OACES as their future educational institution is the fact that it is Rochester’s premier training center for adult and career education services.
Enrollment: If you are applying for the Nurse Assistant or EKG Technician, you are supposed to fill in the application form and include three references who are either employers or supervisors.
A High School Diploma or General Equivalency Diploma should be uploaded or you can mail in a copy.
Then, you should write a letter about your reasons why you want to become a Certified Nursing Assistant and/or EKG Technician.
Your references would need to complete the Reference Form which you can find on the website.
Last, but not least, you are supposed to obtain a New York State police background check with a raised seal and mail to OACES.
Fees: Tuition for all Career & Technical Training Programs is $6,000 with the exception of Nurse Aide/Nursing Assistant which is $3,000.
- AUTOMOTIVE TECHNOLOGIES
- NURSE AIDE/NURSING ASSISTANT
- City School District: Family Learning Center
- Address: 30 Hart St, Rochester, NY 14605
- Phone: +1 585-262-8000
- Web: https://oaces.net/
Rochester Institute of Technology
Enrollment: Admission to RIT is competitive, so the admission process can be started either via Common Application or RIT Application.
Besides the completed form, you are supposed to submit an official high school transcript which can be sent electronically or mailed/emailed to RIT Admissions from your high school guidance office.
Then, you need to submit a letter of recommendation and provide official or self-reported test results from the SAT or ACT.
They can be submitted on your application or sent by email to RIT Admissions.
If you planning to enroll in the School of Art, School of Design and School of Film and Animation, an Art Portfolio is required for admission.
Fees: Prospective students will need to pay the $65 application fee with the application submission.
These are just some of the programs offered:
- Advertising Photography Option – Photographic and Imaging Arts BFA
- Advertising and Public Relations BS
- Animation Option – Film and Animation BFA
- Applied Arts and Sciences BS
- Applied Arts and Sciences AAS
- Applied Arts and Sciences Diploma
- Applied Mathematics BS
- Applied Modern Language and Culture BS
- Applied Statistics and Actuarial Science BS
- Art Exploration
- ASL-English Interpretation BS
- Biochemistry BS
- Bioinformatics and Computational Biology BS
- Biology BS
- Biomedical Engineering BS
- Biomedical Sciences BS
- Biotechnology and Molecular Bioscience BS
- Business Administration: Accounting BS
- Business Administration: Finance BS
- Business Administration: International Business BS
- Business Administration: Management BS
- Business Administration: Marketing BS
- Business Exploration
- Ceramics Option – Studio Arts BFA
- Chemical Engineering BS
- Chinese Option – Applied Modern Language and Culture BS
- Civil Engineering Technology BS
- Communication BS
- Computer Engineering BS
- Computer Engineering Technology BS
- Computing Exploration
- Computing and Information Technologies BS
- Computational Mathematics BS
- Computer Science BS
- Computing Security BS
- Criminal Justice BS
- Deaf Cultural Studies-American Sign Language Certificate
- Design Exploration
- Diagnostic Medical Sonography (Ultrasound) BS
- Dietetics and Nutrition BS
- 3D Digital Design BFA
- Digital Humanities and Social Sciences BS
- Echocardiography (Cardiac Ultrasound) Certificate
- Economics BS
- Rochester Institute of Technology
- Address: 1 Lomb Memorial Dr, Rochester, NY 14623
- Phone: +1 585-475-2411
- Web: https://www.rit.edu
University of Rochester School of Nursing
All academic programs offered by the University of Rochester School of Nursing are accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education and The University of Rochester is accredited by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education.
Enrollment: Once you have explored the programs and determined that this is the right school for you, you should get in touch with the Admissions Team whose job is to show you what the school has to offer.
You are required to submit official transcripts, issued directly from your previously attended institution and sent to either email@example.com or mailed them to:
University of Rochester School of Nursing
BOX SON, Admissions Office
601 Elmwood Ave
Rochester, NY 14642.
Furthermore, at least two letters of recommendation from members of the academic community are required for all programs, while a professional goal statement is required for some program applications.
Applicants are required to submit a completed application to the Admissions Office by the deadline.
Fees: A non-refundable application fee of $50 is required for some programs.
- University of Rochester School of Nursing
- Address: 255 Crittenden Blvd, Rochester, NY 14642
- Phone: +1 585-275-2375
- Web: https://son.rochester.edu/
Wegmans School of Nursing
Wegmans School of Nursing is part of the St. John Fisher College which is composed of five schools: the School of Arts and Sciences; the School of Business; the Ralph C. Wilson, Jr. School of Education; the Wegmans School of Nursing; and the Wegmans School of Pharmacy.
Each of these schools is accredited.
Enrollment: The application process is simple and it consists of a few steps.
An application is complete only if all of the following have been sent:
- Completed Common Application available online
- Official high school transcript
- Official SAT, ACT, or TOEFL scores
- Counselor/Teacher Recommendation
- Common Application essay or graded paper
If you would like to, you can also send some additional letters of recommendation or additional information.
Fees: Tuition costs are $34,340 without all the other fees included.
Among so many programs offered, these are just a few to mention:
- African American Studies
- American Studies
- Arts: Visual and Performing Arts
- Catholic Heritage
- Chemistry – Biochemistry
- Chemistry – Pharmaceutical Chemistry
- Classical Studies
- Computer Science
- Criminology and Criminal Justice
- Wegmans School of Nursing
- Address: 3690 East Ave, Rochester, NY 14618
- Phone: +1 585-385-8000
- Web: https://www.sjfc.edu
Sharp Edgez Barber Institute
Sharp Edgez Barber Institute is proud to be accredited by the Council on Occupational Education.
Enrollment: The institute staff is looking forward to meeting prospective students in person so if you fulfill the admission requirements you are highly encouraged to apply and visit the facilities.
You have to be 17 years of age or older and possess a High School Diploma or GED.
IF you do not have an HS Diploma or GED you can take an ATB test to get in.
Then, you should contact an admissions agent to schedule an appointment for your school tour during which you will complete your application, including your admissions requirements.
In case you need financial help, you can meet with a Financial Aid advisor to complete your FAFSA
You are supposed to submit a completed application form to Admissions Department Rochester C/o Sharp Edgez Barber Institute 398 West Ridge Road Rochester, NY 14615.
The application form can be downloaded from the institute’s official website.
- Sharp Edgez Barber Institute
- Address: 398 W Ridge Rd, Rochester, NY 14615
- Phone: +1 585-482-2808
- Web: http://www.sharpedgezbarberinstitute.com/
Onondaga School of Therapeutic Massage
Onondaga School of Therapeutic Massage is accredited by the Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges.
Enrollment: So as to start the application process, you will need to fill out the form available on the school’s website and that way you will get in touch with the Onondaga admissions team.
So as to start the application process, you will need to fill out the form available on the school’s website and that way you will get in touch with the Onondaga admissions team.
However, not everyone is encouraged to apply for this school and you are suggested to take a closer look and first determine whether you meet the eligibility requirements:
The eligible applicant has to be at least 18 years of age at the time of graduation from OSTM.
He/she must submit a complete Application for Admission by the required deadline.
The applicant has to be a high school graduate or the legal equivalent, and provide an official high school transcript or GED certificate, as well as a United States citizen or alien lawfully admitted for permanent residence.
- Massage Training Programs
- Onondaga School of Therapeutic Massage
- Address: 302 Goodman St N #200, Rochester, NY 14607
- Phone: +1 585-241-0070
- Web: https://ostm.edu
Shear Ego International School
Shear Ego International School is proud to be licensed by the New York State Education Department, Bureau of Proprietary School Supervision and accredited by the National Accrediting Commission of Career Arts & Sciences.
Enrollment: The application for admission can be found on the school’s website.
Future students are required to fill it out and submit it.
The school requires that all prospective students schedule an interview at the school with admissions personnel and speak about the school’s program in detail and provide a tour of the school’s facilities.
Whether or not the applicant will be accepted depends on his/her ability to meet the admissions criteria.
All applicants must complete a Student Inquiry form and be at least 17 years of age.
Proof of age is required, as well as proof of secondary education such as a high school diploma, a GED certificate, an official transcript showing secondary school completion, or a state certification of home-school completion.
Only eligible students are encouraged to apply.
- Hairdressing and Cosmetology
- Esthetics, Skincare, and Makeup
- Nail Specialty
- Programs Kits
- Shear Ego International School
- Address: Irondequoit, 525 Titus Ave, Rochester, NY 14617
- Phone: +1 585-342-0070
- Web: https://shearegoschool.com
Empire Beauty School
Empire Beauty Schools are accredited by the National Accrediting Commission of Career Arts and Sciences.
Enrollment: Being that you are reading this, you are definitely interested in enrolling in a school that offers this kind of education.
The possibilities in the beauty industry are endless and more and more young people choose exactly this career as their future vocation.
But the main concern is to choose the school which will offer the best possible education to make them cosmetology professionals.
To begin an exciting future in the beauty industry and enroll in Empire Beauty School, you are supposed to simply fill out the form available on the school’s website and submit it.
You will be able to make use of numerous opportunities an education at Empire Beauty School will bring.
If you have difficulties or concerns related to the enrollment process, you can contact a school representative who will provide answers to any questions you may have and assist you with enrollment forms.
A good thing is that there are no special eligibility requirements.
- Cosmetology Educator
- Empire Beauty School
- Address: 340 Elmridge Center Dr, Rochester, NY 14626
- Phone: +1 585-286-1263
- Web: https://www.empire.edu
Enrollment: Prospective students should know that the admission process is done online.
Applications are submitted via our online portal, MercyLINK, as well as the exam registration.
Recommendation letter requests are also sent electronically through MercyLINK, while
Entrance exams are conducted each month on Saturdays from November through June.
Who will be allowed to enroll depends on the results of the entrance exam, academic performance, recommendations, and individual conversations.
You are strongly encouraged to visit Mercy for a school tour and information session during which you will be able to get answers o all the questions you may have.
If you cannot visit the facilities but have questions about the admissions process or applications to Mercy, you can contact Rose Feor Cooper ’02, Director of Admissions at 585-288-7120 x310 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Fees: All students are also required to pay a $225 activity fee while new student enrollment is guaranteed with the payment of a $250 non-refundable registration payment.
- ALL-GIRL DIFFERENCE
- MIDDLE SCHOOL
- HIGH SCHOOL
- Mercy Center
- Address: 1437 Blossom Rd, Rochester, NY 14610
- Phone: +1 585-482-5442
- Web: https://www.mercyhs.com
Trade Schools in New York by CitySee trade schools in New York >>
Depending on the program you choose, you should pick the school which provides the chance to learn in-demand skills for a specific career and enter the workforce as quickly as possible.