If you are one of those students who are not interested in a traditional four-year degree, but would rather enroll in vocational education, we here to provide you with the best schools in Jersey City that offer the training necessary to become qualified professionals in a variety of trades.
Garden State Science and Technology Institute
Garden State Science and Technology Institute is accredited by Council on Occupation Education.
Enrollment: If the admission to the Garden State Science and Technology Institute (GSSTI) is of your interest, then you should know the admission requirements set by the school staff.
First, an applicant must possess a high school diploma or GED and be beyond the age of compulsory high school attendance.
In case a student does not have a high school diploma or GED, he/she is supposed to demonstrate an ability-to-benefit by taking a New Jersey State approved standardized ability to benefit (ATB) examination.
You need to make an arrangement for taking this examination, and that can be done by contacting the Admissions Office.
Those high school graduates or individuals who have passed the GED examination are required to submit proof.
So as to make the enrollment process an easy one, they have determined that each applicant must meet with a GSSTI Admissions Advisor and pass a personal interview.
The meeting with a GSSTI Admissions Advisor can be scheduled by calling 201-963-1500 or completing the form on the webpage.
You will also be required to pass the Entrance Exam to enroll and it is a timed 50 question aptitude test, so you cannot prepare for it.
- Clinical Medical Assistant
- Garden State Science and Technology Institute
- Address: 591 Summit Ave Suite 705, Jersey City, NJ 07306
- Phone: +1 201-963-1500
- Web: https://gssti.edu/
NJCU School Of Business
Now is the right moment to take your first step and become an NJCU Student, not only because you will get benefits of learning from expert faculty, but also due to the fact that you will develop a wealth of knowledge through theory as well as practice.
At NJCU, students can choose from one of 43 majors and study at a multicultural campus.
Enrollment: It is important to meet the admission requirements determined for the course you want to enroll and prepare all the paperwork prior to the Undergraduate Priority Deadline.
Each program offered has certain criteria that applicants need to meet before applying for enrollment.
For Freshman and Transfer Students those deadlines are the following:
- Fall Semester: May 1
- Spring Semester: December 1
Fees: Tuition costs differ depending on your residence:
- IN-STATE TUITION (PER CREDIT) $408.30
- STUDENT ACTIVITY FEE $ 2.75
- TOTAL PER-CREDIT$ 411.05
- OUT-OF-STATE TUITION (PER CREDIT) $ 735.20
- STUDENT ACTIVITY FEE $ 2.75
- TOTAL PER-CREDIT $ 737.95
These are just some of the programs available:
- Business – Finance
- Business – Management
- Early Childhood Education
- Fire Science
- NJCU School Of Business
- Address: 200 Hudson St, Jersey City, NJ 07302
- Phone: +1 201-200-2001
- Web: https: //www.njcu.edu/academics/schools-colleges/school-business
Branford Hall Career Institute (Jersey City, NJ)
Branford Hall Career Institute campuses are accredited by the Accrediting Council for Continuing Education and Training (ACCET).
Branford Hall Career Institute has five campus locations in Connecticut, New Jersey, and New York and at each of these campuses, high-quality education is provided.
The Institute is proud to offer programs, interesting courses, and the training that is necessary for young students to start a new career.
Branford Hall specializes in comprehensive training programs related to the fields of healthcare, legal, business, and information technology.
Enrollment: Once you decide that this is your future educational institution, the next step in your admission process is to come to the campus you want to attend.
You will have a brief admissions interview there, and the admission staff will help you fill out your application.
Our Admissions Department is here to help you and you can get in touch with them by calling (800) 959-7599 to arrange an appointment.
Another way of making an arrangement is by filling out the form available on the school’s website and the school staff will contact you.
- Health Claims Specialist
- Medical Assistant
- Branford Hall Career Institute (Jersey City, NJ)
- Address: 40 Journal Square Plaza, Jersey City, NJ 07306
- Phone: +1 201-565-0900
- Web: https://www.branfordhall.edu
Eastern International College
Eastern International College is accredited by the Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges (ACCSC).
Furthermore, it is licensed by the New Jersey Higher Education, and the Associate Degree in Nursing program at Eastern International College is approved by the New Jersey Board of Nursing.
All these accreditations prove the fact that this is an institution highly devoted to meeting the highest standards of education.
Enrollment: Depending on the program you have chosen to attend, you need to meet the specific requirements.
However, all applicants will be interviewed and given a tour of the College by an admissions representative.
The interview is there to help the admission department gather information about the applicants which are later on presented to the Campus Director for review.
If the applicant gets a positive recommendation, he/she can proceed with the appropriate application process.
For example, for Diagnostic Medical Sonography DMS-BS program minimum enrollment requirements are an HS Diploma or recognized equivalency certificate (GED).
The following steps must be taken to complete the admissions process:
- Admissions Application – Completed and submitted
- High School Diploma or GED – a copy of the applicant’s high school diploma/transcript must be provided
- Accuplacer Exam – for the Diagnostic Medical Sonography degree program (DMS-BS).
- CARDIOVASCULAR TECHNOLOGY- AAS
- DENTAL HYGIENE- BSDH CODA ACCREDITED THREE-YEAR PROGRAM
- DENTAL HYGIENE-AAS
- DIAGNOSTIC MEDICAL SONOGRAPHY- BS
- MEDICAL ASSISTANT-AAS
- BACHELOR OF SCIENCE IN DENTAL HYGIENE DEGREE (COMPLETION PROGRAM)-ONLINE
- BACHELOR OF SCIENCE IN HEALTH LEADERSHIP DEGREE (COMPLETION PROGRAM)-ONLINE
- Eastern International College
- Address: 684 Newark Ave, Jersey City, NJ 07306
- Phone: +1 201-942-0640
- Web: https://www.eicollege.edu
National Career Institute
National Career Institute is approved to operate by the New Jersey State Department of Education and the Department of Labor and Workforce Development.
Enrollment: In order to be considered an appropriate candidate for admission, you need to meet the Admissions Requirements set by the school staff.
It is very important not to apply if you cannot meet the criteria, as your application will be rejected.
National Career Institute accepts students who:
- Are 17 years of age or older
- Have a high school diploma or GED certificate
- Can provide a photo ID, such as driver’s license, birth certificate, or passport
- Can provide a proof of citizenship or permanent residency as well as a proof of residence and age
- Referrals/agreements from One-Stop (if Applicable)
- Ability to Benefit Program – People who do not have a high school diploma are required to successfully pass a federal approved independently administered ATB examination.
- PATIENT CARE TECHNICIAN TRAINING
- MEDICAL ASSISTANT TRAINING
- (CMA) CLINICAL MEDICAL ASSISTANT W/EXTERNSHIP
- MEDICAL BILLING AND CODING SPECIALIST TRAINING
- PHLEBOTOMY TECHNICIAN EKG TECHNICIAN
- HVAC I AND II
- PLUMBERS ASSISTANT & BUILDING MAINTENANCE
- National Career Institute
- Address: 900 Bergen Ave, Jersey City, NJ 07306
- Phone: +1 201-239-7600
- Web: https://www.nciedu.com
New Jersey School-Locksmithing
Those of you who think that locksmithing is a perfect career filed for them should think about enrolling in New Jersey School-Locksmithing.
The staff are dedicated to providing up to date locksmith training to their students being that they are constantly working in their trade and improving their skills.
The New Jersey School-Locksmithing definitely prides itself on providing the finest locksmithing education possible.
Enrollment: The training curriculum prepares the student to acquire a license form the New York City Department of Consumer Affairs.
Class size is limited to twenty students, the courses are taught by licensed teachers who are licensed locksmiths and the school currently offers three courses in locksmithing.
The enrollment process requires that applicants come into the school for a free evaluation and a tour, during which the admission staff will quickly determine if you have the necessary mechanical aptitude to make a career in the locksmithing field and you will find out whether you are accepted or not.
Fees: On the official website, you can find Charles Stuart School’s net price calculator which is there to help you receive an estimate of how much students paid to attend Charles Stuart School.
- Basic Locksmithing – This is a 900 clock hour course that runs about 10 months.
- Intermediate to Advanced Locksmithing – This is an 800 clock hour course that runs about 9 months.
- Advanced Locksmithing – This is an 800 clock hour course that runs about 9 months
- New Jersey School-Locksmithing
- Address: 392 Summit Ave, Jersey City, NJ 07306
- Phone: +1 201-963-9688
- Web: https://www.charlesstuartschool.com/lock/
R C Career Institute
Enrollment: At RC Career Institute everyone interested is welcome.
However, not everyone will be accepted as there will be a selection of students who will be offered admission.
All interested individuals are encouraged to contact the school so as to see everything RCCI has to offer.
You can be sure that upon enrollment, you will be provided with the skills and knowledge to qualify for employment in the computer field of study.
Usually, people who enroll in the R C Career Institute are individuals and companies who work and live in New Jersey and is neighborhoods and who seeking computer training to either get employment, improve their skills so as to find better employment opportunities or those are local companies who want to train their staff.
So as to be allowed to enroll in its programs, you need to get acquainted with the admission process and requirements, and only if you meet them, you should apply.
- Networking w/ CCNA Course:
- ITS Network Professional Course:
- Business Administration & Computerized Bookkeeping Professional:
- Microsoft Office Administrative Professional Course:
- R C Career Institute
- Address: 591 Summit Ave, Jersey City, NJ 07306
- Phone: +1 201-721-6153
- Web: https://rccidirector.wixsite.com/rccareerinstitute-jc
Merit Technical Institute
Enrollment: The enrollment in Merit Technical Institute is not allowed to every person, being that there are some admission requirements set by the admission staff.
The applicant who is considered appropriate must:
- Be at least 18 years old
- Have a High School Diploma or Equivalent.
- Be a U.S.A Citizen or an Eligible Alien.
- Pass an entrance test given at school.
- Pass a pre-screening interview.
It is worth mentioning that the entrance test consists of the following:
- English grammar with high school vocabulary
- Reading comprehension
- Mixed conceptual word problems (Arithmetic)
Students would be glad to know that the entrance test days Wednesdays & Saturdays from 10:00 AM to 12:00 PM and they can always find practice tests to prepare for it on the school’s official website.
When coming to the test, applicants need to bring two pencils, a pen, state-issued photo Id, and pay the testing fee.
Each applicant will get a chance to discuss with the financial director the best payment plan.
- Merit Technical Institute
- Address: 321 Grove St # 3rd, Jersey City, NJ 07302
- Phone: +1 201-434-7878
- Web: https://meritnurses.com
NPower - Jersey City
At NPower – Jersey City both full-time and part-time classes offered and applications are considered on a rolling basis until the class is filled, so make sure you apply on time.
Enrollment: On the school’s official website there is a link which will lead you to the fillable application form, and besides the questions related to your personal and educational details, you will have to answer the following:
- Which NPower Program are you interested in applying to?
- What is the highest level of education completed or will be completed at the start of the next class?
- Are you legally authorized to work in the United States?
- How did you hear about NPower?
You can always save the progress while filling out the application form and come back later to complete a previously saved form.
Once your application is received and reviewed, someone from the school team will call or email you directly.
When it comes to student eligibility, it might vary depending on the program you choose to enroll in.
Once contacted by NPower, the next step is to meet with NPower representatives as part of your selection process.
- Tech Fundamentals
- Cloud Computing
- NPower – Jersey City
- Address: 285 West Side Ave #278, Jersey City, NJ 07305
- Phone: +1 551-280-5050
- Web: https://www.npower.org/locations/new-jersey/
The Florence Academy of Art US
When it comes to the quality of education at The Florence Academy of Art US, you can be sure that you are enrolled in one of the best educational institutions when this field is in question.
This is proven by the accreditation that the school has.
The Florence Academy of Art is an accredited member of the National Association of Schools of Art and Design (NASAD) and licensed by the New Jersey State Commission on Higher Education.
Furthermore, it is recognized by Art Renewal Center as ARC Approved and it is a member of the Association of American College and University Programs in Italy (AACUPI).
Enrollment: To complete your application you are required to attach five reproductions of recent drawings, paintings and/or sculptures so that the admission staff can determine who is best suited for study at The Florence Academy of Art.
Basic Eligibility for enrolments is completed secondary education and minimal proficiency in English.
Fees: As you are reading this, you are probably interested in how much your education here will cost, and we have gathered information about that as well.
The tuition is $ 17.700 and for new students, a non-refundable deposit is due upon acceptance.
This deposit is $1,000 and the amount will be deducted from tuition.
- General Description – Full-time study, approx. 3 years
- Intensive Drawing – Full time, approx. 3 terms
- Intermediate – Full time, approx. 3 terms
- Advanced Painting – Full time, approx. 3 terms
- The Fourth Year Prize – Full time, 3 terms
- Anatomy – 3 terms, 3 credits
- The Florence Academy of Art US
- Address: 888 Newark Ave, Jersey City, NJ 07306
- Phone: +1 201-685-7080
- Web: https://www.florenceacademyofart.com
Trade Schools in New Jersey by CitySee trade schools in New Jersey >>
Determining which school to enroll in requires a lot of research, but we hope we made it easier for you by gathering the information about the top ten schools that you can choose from.
Now, it is up to you to decide which school best suits your needs.