If you are among those who are already thinking about what comes after high school, discussing their college wish lists with friends and counselors and planning out campus visits, you are in the right place, cause the aim of this article is to present you top ten trade schools in New Jersy which you can choose from without worrying whether that would be a right decision or not.
American Institute - Clifton
The American Institute locations in Clifton, NJ, Somerset, NJ, and Toms River, NJ are institutionally accredited by the Accrediting Bureau of Health Education Schools (ABHES).
Enrollment: American Institute encourages the applications of qualified students who are required to complete an on-campus personal interview with an admissions representative.
That way, school administrators will determine whether an applicant is a qualified candidate for enrollment in the program.
Once the applicant has been interviewed, he/she may apply for admission to the school.
Besides the application for admission, certain supporting documents and paperwork must be submitted as well:
- Admissions disclosures and information forms
- High school diploma or GED
- Completed financial aid forms if a person needs financial aid
- Enrollment agreement
- Registration fee
Admissions applications are reviewed by the Director of Admissions and the Campus President.
Fees: You will be informed about the tuition and fees for each program during the interview process.
- American Institute – Clifton
- Address: 346 Lexington Ave, Clifton, NJ 07011
- Phone: +1 973-340-9500
- Web: https://www.americaninstitute.edu
Lincoln Technical Institute
Lincoln College of Technology is accredited by the Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges (ACCSC).
Lincoln exists since 1946 and from that moment on they emphasize the importance of education by being partners to their students in the quest of the career goals.
Enrollment: If you are worried about Lincoln’s Acceptance Process, you do not have to.
As with any other college, you should submit the application form via their official website so as to get in contact with the Admissions department.
Their representative will guide you throughout the application process and tell you everything you want to know about exciting programs and schools.
There is a step-by-step admissions process and you are supposed to provide answers to all the questions.
You will also get in contact with the Financial Aid representatives who can help you with getting the financial aid and tuition payment.
- Medical Assisting
- Practical Nursing
- Computer & Network Support Technician
- Patient Care Technician
- Massage Therapy
- Medical Coding and Billing
- Automotive Technology
- Electrical and Electronic Systems Technology
- Heating, Ventilation and Air Conditioning
- Computer Numerical Control (CNC) Machining and Manufacturing Technology
- Lincoln Technical Institute
- Address: 308 NJ-38, Moorestown, NJ 08057
- Phone: +1 856-722-9333
- Web: https://www.lincolntech.edu
Bergen County Technical School - Teterboro
Enrollment: Bergen County Technical High School – Teterboro is open to all prospective students, but in order to be accepted as a regular student, you have to meet certain eligibility criteria:
Bergen County Technical High School – Teterboro
504 Route 46 West
Teterboro, NJ 07608
- Aerospace Engineering
- Automotive Engineering & Design
- Commercial Art & Graphic Design
- Computer Science
- Digital & Media Arts
- Fashion Design & Merchandising
- Law & Justice
- Strategic Asset Management
- Bergen County Technical School – Teterboro
- Address: 504 US-46, Teterboro, NJ 07608
- Phone: +1 201-343-6000
- Web: https://bcts.bergen.org
Central Career School
Central Career School is accredited by the Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges (ACCSC), so the residents of Central New Jersey discovered why Central Career School is the best choice for a quick jump into successful careers.
Enrollment: Central Career School made the admissions process worry-free as there are just a few easy steps that will lead to admission.
Firstly, you are supposed to request admission information, come to school and take a tour during which you will be discussing the programs and tuition.
An Admissions Representative will answer all your questions and guide you through the process.
Then, you should fill out the two-page application form and explore Financial Aid Options, if necessary.
You should know that there is also a short basic skills test to complete.
Prospective students have to provide a High School diploma or GED.
- Central Career School
- Phone: +1 908-412-8600
- Web: https://centralcareer.edu
Eastwick College - Ramsey
Eastwick College Ramsey is accredited by the Accrediting Council for Independent Colleges and Schools and licensed by the New Jersey Secretary of Higher Education.
Enrollment: Admissions at Eastwick College requires that prospective students meet the basic entry requirements.
Your first step is to contact the admissions department at the campus of your choice to schedule a personal interview.
During this interview, you should be prepared to take an admissions exam and provide proof of high school graduation or GED.
So as to enter Eastwick College – Ramsey, applicants must have a high school diploma or GED and complete an admissions evaluation covering math and English for consideration, as well as applicants for the LPN must program take the TEAS (Test of Essential Academic Skills) as an entry requirement.
- Bilingual Licensed Practical Nursing
- Business and Hospitality
- Business & Accounting Certificate Program
- Culinary Arts Associates Degree
- Diagnostic Cardiovascular Sonography
- Electrician Apprenticeship
- Electronics and Computer Technology
- Facilities Management
- Funeral Services
- Health Science
- Health Information Technology
- IT/Network Support
- Licensed Practical Nursing
- Manufacturing Technology
- Medical Assisting
- Medical Billing & Coding
- OB/GYN – Diagnostic Medical Sonography
- Occupational Therapy Assistant
- Plumber Apprenticeship
- Registered Nurse
- Surgical Technology
- Ultrasound Technology
- Eastwick College – Ramsey
- Address: 10 S Franklin Turnpike, Ramsey, NJ 07446
- Phone: +1 201-327-8877
- Web: https://eastwick.edu
Ocean County Vocational-Technical Schools
Ocean County Vocational-Technical Schools is accredited by the Commission On Secondary Schools Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools.
Once they finish the studies, students will receive a certificate from OCVTS.
Enrollment: So as to enroll in Ocean County Vocational-Technical School, the applicant has to complete the application and the medical form.
When you complete it, you should return to Ocean County Vocational-Technical School, 1299 Old Freehold Road, Toms River, NJ 08753 with a $50 non-refundable application fee attached.
A criminal background check will be required for all students over the age of 18 in health career programs, while applicants interested in Child Care Professions, Employment Orientation Service Occupations, Culinary Arts programs or medical-related
programs would have to get a Mantoux test for tuberculosis prior to the start of the school year.
Programs require a high school diploma, or high school equivalency diploma.
Fees: All applicants will have to pay the $50 application fee which is nonrefundable.
- Marine Academy of Technology & Environmental Science
- Performing Arts Academy
- Academy of Law & Public Safety
- Shared Time Programs
- Applied Arts
- Engineering/Computer & Design
- Construction Trades
- Health Technologies
- Service Occupations
- Transportation Technologies
- Adult Education
- 10 Month Accelerated Programs
- Adult Evening Education
- Ocean County Vocational-Technical Schools
- Address: 350 Chambersbridge Rd, Brick Township, NJ 08723
- Phone: +1 732-286-5670
- Web: http://www.ocvts.org
Divers Academy International
Divers Academy International was founded in 1977and since then its staff prepares graduates to achieve successful careers in the commercial diving, underwater welding, and NDT trade and technical fields.
Enrollment: Those eager to apply for this school should complete the application form, submit it and once it is received, the admission office will contact them.
They should know that each applicant’s readiness for the intense learning experience is taken into consideration when choosing the candidates.
Prospective commercial diving school students must meet the following requirements:
- Have a minimum of a high school diploma or its equivalent (GED)
- Be at least 18 years of age or have written consent from a legal guardian
- Be proficient in written and oral English
- Be adept with mechanical skills
- Be a competent swimmer
- Have a positive and productive work ethic
- Have no medical restrictions or limitations and can pass a “fit to dive” physical and remain drug-free
- Physical exams must be conducted within ninety days prior to the class start date.
If you meet these requirements, you are encouraged to apply.
- Professional Commercial Dive Tech program
- Divers Academy International
- Address: 1500 Liberty Pl, Erial, NJ 08081
- Phone: +1 800-238-3483
- Web: https://www.diversacademy.edu
Essex County Vocational School
Essex County Vocational School offers competitive Career and Technical Educational programs.
Enrollment: The eligible applicants are those eighth, ninth, tenth or eleventh-grade students who are residents of Essex County and who expect to be promoted by their local district to the grade they seek to enter.
Priority for admission is given to Essex County residents and the first step in the application process is to submit the application form with a completed essay to the first school requested.
The essay should answer the question: “Why would I like to attend Essex County Vocational-Technical Schools?”
Students will take the Terra Nova assessment in Reading, Language, and Mathematics which will be reviewed by the School personnel who will later on schedule an Interview.
School Admission Committee reviews all student records including academic transcripts, progress reports, attendance records, standardized test scores and discipline records.
- ARTS, AUDIO-VISUAL,TECHNOLOGY & COMMUNICATION – Music Technology
- BUSINESS MANAGEMENT & ADMINISTRATION
FINANCE – Accounting
- HEALTH SCIENCE
- INFORMATION SYSTEMS
- SCIENCE, TECHNOLOGY, ENGINEERING & MATH (STEM)
- TRANSPORTATION, DISTRIBUTION &LOGISTICS – Automotive Technology
- Essex County Vocational School
- Address: 498-544 W Market St, Newark, NJ 07107
- Phone: +1 973-412-2203
- Web: https://www.essextech.org
Jolie Health and Beauty Academy
Since its foundation, Jolie Health and Beauty Academy is striving to provide excellent cosmetology and allied health education to its students which can lead to strong and successful future careers.
Jolie Health and Beauty Academy is nationally accredited beauty and esthetician school by the National Accrediting Commission of Career Arts and Sciences (NACCAS) and it is even offering financial aid to those students who need it.
How far you go in your cosmetology career depends on where you begin and you can be sure that at Jolie Academy you will be provided with hands-on, individualized instruction in the fields of:
- Skin Care Specialty
- Teacher Training
With the guidance of professional instructors who are passionate about your success, you will become an in-demand professional in this industry in a very short period of time.
Enrollment: At Jolie Academy, we believe that higher education should be available to those who want to pursue it and if you are interested in it, you should contact the school’s representatives and gather more information on the programs or locations that interest you most.
That way you will find out everything about the application process and tuition.
- Jolie Health and Beauty Academy
- Address: 5200 NJ-42, Turnersville, NJ 08012
- Phone: +1 856-481-2444
- Web: https://www.jolieacademy.com
Connecticut School of Broadcasting - Hasbrouck Heights NJ
Connecticut School of Broadcasting in Hasbrouck Heights provides students with knowledge and experience in a commercial media environment.
You will be learning from the instructors who work as broadcast or coding professionals and who are eager to transfer their knowledge to younger generations.
Enrollment: Those people who are interested in becoming students there should contact the admissions team whose representatives can help you with the application and answer your questions.
Each week our campuses host tours so that would be a great chance for you to talk to instructors.
You can even schedule a private tour which will suit your availability.
Students can apply for financial assistance to help them afford to enroll and finish school if they turn out to be eligible for it.
If you consider yourself interested in this field, do not waste your time but contact the schools as soon as possible.
- Connecticut School of Broadcasting – Hasbrouck Heights NJ
- Address: 611 US-46, Hasbrouck Heights, NJ 07604
- Phone: +1 201-288-7900
- Web: https://gocsb.com
There is a constant demand for highly-skilled and well-trained workers, so choosing the right vocational school which is ready to fill that need would be an excellent decision that will lead you to fulfilling and successful future careers.