This is an article aimed at helping a great number of people looking for the right school in Illinois.
We have created short reviews about ten best trade schools in this area, based on our evaluation of the school’s performance and quality.
Once you read it, you will have the idea which school offers what you are in search for.
Coyne College is accredited by the Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges(ACCSC).
Through the courses related to construction trades and allied health, students will be able to take full advantage of the high-quality career training they receive here at Coyne.
Enrollment: For those interested in enrolling in Coyne College, there are certain steps to pass prior to entering the classes.
You are firstly supposed to complete your application to Coyne College which is available on the school’s official website.
You will be asked about your personal and education data.
This is done in just a few easy steps.
Then, you will be contacted by Coyne College or its representatives by phone, SMS, email, or postal mail and they will tell you what the next steps are and how to finish your application process.
Fees: There is a possibility of using tuition calculator to calculate and plan your future education at Coyne College.
Prices are reasonable as people at Coyne College understand the struggle often associated with paying for higher education.
- Coyne College
- Address: 1 N State St #400, Chicago, IL 60602
- Phone: +1 800-720-3990
- Web: coynecollege.edu
HVAC Technical Institute
HVAC Technical Institute was created with the aim to train and prepare men and women in practical skills and knowledge for the successful careers related to the heating, ventilation air conditioning, and electrical workplace.
To ensure that every student receives equal education during the HVAC training, they have limited their class sizes to 20 students.
They offer students the opportunity for personal and professional development.
HVAC Tech is accredited by the following organizations:
- Illinois Board of Higher Education
- Council On Occupational Education
- HVAC Excellence
- National Center for Construction Education and Research.
Enrollment: HVAC Technical Institute accepts only men/women who exhibit the desire and physical ability necessary to complete this rigorous course.
HVAC Technical Institute requires that future students have a High School Diploma or G.E.D, a valid Drivers’ License or State I.D. issued by the state and a Social Security Card.
An entrance exam is required for students without a G.E.D or HS Diploma.
Fees: HVAC/R course has a tuition cost of $15,000 which includes a $100 non-refundable application fee, books/supplies, the EPA (Environmental Protection Agency) section 608 universal license and the R-410A safety certification tests and reviews.
HVAC course has a tuition cost of $10,500, while Light Commercial Refrigeration (LCR) course has a tuition cost of $4,500.
Electrical Technician course has a tuition cost of $12,500.
- HVAC Technical Institute
- Address: 4532 S Kolin Ave, Chicago, IL 60632
- Phone: +1 773-927-9562
- Web: https://www.hvac-tech.com
West Chicago Professional Center
The West Chicago Professional Center is a vocational school which educates its candidates so as to be able to enter the fast-growing field of heating and air conditioning or as an electrical technician quickly and without much trouble.
Enrollment: The Admission Requirements that future student must meet so as to become a possible student at the West Chicago Professional Center school are the following:
- He/she must be 18 years old or older
- He/she has to have a High School or General Educational Development (GED) diploma
- If he/she does not have a diploma, there is an option of successfully passing applicable admission exams given by West Chicago Professional Center School.
- They need to have the permission of the director of the school, to be allowed to start classes as well.
Fees: How much you need to be paying for education is something that is of high interest.
The tuition at this college differs, depending on the program:
- HVAC Technician – $4541
- Electrician Technician – $4367
- Combined Program – $8578
- West Chicago Professional Center
- Phone: +1 630-232-3250
- Web: https://www.westchicagohvac.com
CALC, Institute of Technology
CALC, Institute of Technology has a mission to provide training programs which will develop skilled professionals who will, later on, achieve rewarding careers.
CALC Institute of Technology is nationally accredited by the Commission of the Council on Occupational Education (COE).
Enrollment: CALC is open to all applicants without discrimination, but those who desire to pursue programs of study leading to a certificate have to satisfy the following requirements:
- Possess a high school diploma or the equivalent, or General Education Development/GED certificate.
- Applicants that do not possess a high school diploma or the equivalent have to pass the testing and information about it may be obtained online for Illinois and Missouri residents.
- Applicants can reapply after successfully obtaining the necessary credential.
- Criminal background checks may be completed on students in programs with clinical/internship assignments when required by the facility agency.
Fees: There is a Registration Fee of $100, while each specialized program has different tuition costs.
It ranges from $1,112 for Administrative Specialist course to $27,430 for Practical Nursing course.
- CALC, Institute of Technology
- Address: 200 North Center Drive A, Alton, IL 62002
- Phone: +1 618-474-0616
- Web: https://calc.edu
Illinois Dental Careers
Illinois Dental Careers offers a curriculum which provides excellent quality training and high-quality education, which is provided by experienced instructors who will guide you through a module-based program and who are devoted to educating younger generations.
Enrollment: The admission process is easy and the only thing you should do is to contact Jane (IDC Program Coordinator) to start it.
You can do that by phone (call or text): 224- 246-2694 or via email: firstname.lastname@example.org
All Illinois Dental Careers applicants must be 18 years or older by the time of their program completion
Fees: You will have to pay the following tuition:
- DENTAL ASSISTING PROGRAM (DAP): $3,400
- ORTHODONTIC ASSISTING PROGRAM (OAP): $1,875
- DAP AND OAP COMBINED: $4,642
The following is included in these costs:
- DENTAL ASSISTING PROGRAM
- ORTHODONTIC ASSISTING PROGRAM
- Illinois Dental Careers
- Address: 4709 N Harlem Ave Unit 102, Harwood Heights, IL 60706
- Phone: +1 224-246-2694
- Web: http://illinoisdentalcareers.com
Bell Mar Beauty College
Since 1985, Bell Mar Beauty College has been offering cosmetology training to Illinois residents with the aim to prepare them for the state licensure exam after which they will be able to get employment in the field of Cosmetology.
Enrollment: In order to apply to Bell Mar Beauty College, the following requirements must be met:
The applicant has to be 15 years of age.
Federal Financial Aid requires at least a high school diploma or GED so as to be able to get financial support for your studies.
You have to make an interview with our Enrollment Director who will answer all your questions.
You must provide a valid form of identification such as a driver’s license, U.S./ Foreign Passport or State ID card.
There are even some Physical demands being that the Cosmetology field requires standing for extended periods of time with the use of shoulders, arms, and hands.
Fees: There is an application fee of $100 for each course, while tuition costs differ depending on the program.
Cosmetology course costs $11.400, Instructor training of 500 hours is $3.790, while that of 1000 hours is $6.990.
Refresher course costs $2.000.
- Instructor Training
- Bell Mar Beauty College
- Address: 5717 W Cermak Rd, Cicero, IL 60804
- Phone: +1 708-863-6644
- Web: http://www.bellmar.edu
Dental Assistant Academy of Chicago
Dental Assistant Academy of Chicago programs lasts for 11 weeks, during which students experience not only lectures but also hands-on practice in a real dental office.
Enrollment: There are certain enrollment requirements that students have to fulfill.
A student must be at least 18 years old or 17 years old with the permission of a parent or guardian.
All students must have a high school diploma.
Furthermore, they have to be able to pass a basic entrance exam.
It includes a manual dexterity test as well as a written test.
If you meet the requirements, you would first have to schedule a tour online or you may call the office or email them at email@example.com.
Fees: Dental Assistant Academy of Chicago will work with you if you need a payment plan.
You will have to pay a non-refundable registration fee of $200.
Tuition is $5,500 and it includes books, uniform & supplies and some miscellaneous expenses.
For the tuition costs details, you can call or email the office.
- Chair Side Dental Assisting Program
- Dental Assistant Academy of Chicago
- Address: 25 E Washington St #1927, Chicago, IL 60602
- Phone: +1 312-465-2718
- Web: https://www.dentalassistantacademyofchicago.com
Symbol Training Institute
Symbol Training Institute is a NIMS Accredited institution.
Symbol Training Institute has the aim to help individuals achieve professional and career success through quality education.
Through their classes, students will be prepared for the workforce, as they will possess the skills they need to find and retain employment.
Enrollment: The enrollment requirements are the following:
The applicant should be a high school graduate or equivalent.
He/she must have basic writing and conversational skills in the English language.
He/she has to possess basic knowledge of mathematics, mechanical drafting, industrial education, machine shop, and computers.
If you meet the requirements, you should schedule a school tour
by calling 847.673.6500 and complete and submit a student application.
Fees: Tuition varies from course to course, and it ranges from $3,950 to $9,950.
- Symbol Training Institute
- Address: 8151 Ridgeway Ave, Skokie, IL 60076
- Phone: +1 847-673-6500
- Web: https://www.symboltraining.edu/default.aspx
Indian Valley Vocational Center
The Mission of Indian Valley Vocational Center is to provide students with the skills necessary for success and they have been quite successful for many years up to now.
Enrollment: You are supposed to fill out preschool Application with the required data and provide immunizations which are up-to-date.
All the information can be found on the school’s official website.
Fees: The tuition differs from program to program and the fees are the following:
- Auto Body Repair $65
- Auto Technology $103
- Certified Nursing Assistant $206
- Computer Programming $30
- Computer Technology $100
- Construction Trades $50
- Culinary Arts $101
- Early Childhood I $70
- Early Childhood II $57
- Emergency Medical Responder $141
- Emergency Medical Technician $145
- Emergency Medical Technician* $82
- Fire Science I $90
- Fire Science II $65
- Graphic Design $80
- Health Occupations $179
- Law Enforcement $70
- Sports Medicine I $108
- Sports Medicine II $94
- Welding & Fabrication $106
- Applied Mathematics
- Auto Body Repair
- Automotive Technology
- Certified Nursing Assistant
- Computer Programming & Gaming Technologies
- Computer Technology
- Construction Trades
- Culinary Arts
- Emergency Medical Services
- Graphic Design
- Health Occupations
- Law Enforcement
- Sports Medicine
- Fire Science
- Indian Valley Vocational Center
- Address: 600 Lions Rd, Sandwich, IL 60548
- Phone: +1 815-786-9873
- Web: http://www.ivvc.net
Midwest Technical Institute
Midwest Technical Institute is accredited by the Accrediting Commission of Career Schools & Colleges (ACCSC).
MTI is an eligible participant in the United States Department of Education’s Federal Financial Aid Program.
Enrollment: Each year, Midwest Technical Institute opens the application process for students eager to start a new career in the mechanical trades or allied health field.
Application is available to the following people:
- High school students looking for an alternative option to a four-year college.
- Those who are interested in hands-on training in the allied health or mechanical trades fields.
- Adults who are looking to further their career with continued education and certification.
- Military who are interested in hands-on training in a vocational career.
The admission process consists of calling to schedule an appointment with an Admissions Representative and taking your campus tour.
- JOURNEYMAN WELDER
- JOURNEYMAN WELDER II
- MEDICAL ASSISTING
- HVAC/R-MAR TECHNICIAN
- DENTAL ASSISTING
- PROFESSIONAL TRUCK DRIVING
- MEDICAL CODING SPECIALIST
- PHARMACY TECHNICIAN
- MASSAGE THERAPY
- CDL TRAINING COURSE
- PHLEBOTOMY COURSE
- Midwest Technical Institute
- Address: 3620 Avenue of the Cities, Moline, IL 61265
- Phone: +1 309-277-7900
- Web: https://www.midwesttech.edu
Trade Schools in Illinois by City
The article is there to facilitate your decision making and to enable you to find the perfect match for your needs.
It is true that finding the best schools is very challenging, but now, we are sure you will be able to do it easily.