The process of choosing the right school is considered a crucial decision.
Future career choice is an important point in life.
In this article are some of the best schools in Hawaii, competing which one will be the most attractive to prospective students.
So as to help you choose well, we have created this article with brief information about each, including costs, location and a description of the school.
Let’s dine right in:
Travel Institute-The Pacific
The faculty of the Travel Institute of the Pacific offers students education provided by professionals with years of experience.
Enrollment: When the enrollment requirements are in question, students must be 18 years of age or older and have a high school diploma or GED equivalent.
The application process is simple, as you just need to complete and submit the Application form found on the school’s official webpage.
Once your application has been received you will be contacted by the Institute.
There are certain additional documents required to complete the application process.
- High School diploma/equivalent (GED, etc.)
- Verification of age (valid ID/copy of birth certificate)
- Nonrefundable $100.00 registration fee
When these files are received, the applicant will be notified of acceptance within 14 days.
That is the moment when a candidate has to pay the initial tuition.
Make sure to complete the admission procedures before the desired starting date.
Fees: You are supposed to pay a nonrefundable $100 registration fee.
- GROS BONNET CULINARY ARTS
- PATISSERIE GROS BONNET
- Travel Institute-The Pacific
- Address: 1314 S King St # 1164, Honolulu, HI 96814
- Phone: +1 808-591-2708
- Web: tiphawaii.com
Hawaii Laborers' Apprenticeship & Training
The Hawaii Laborers’ Apprenticeship & Training’s mission is to offer best-training and make their trainees highly skilled workers for the construction industry.
The Hawaii Laborers’ Apprenticeship & Training is managed by Trustees from the Hawaii Laborers’ Union Local 368.
Enrollment: There are certain qualifications that you must meet so as to become an apprentice at Hawaii Laborers’ Apprenticeship & Training.
You need to be 18 years of age and possess High School Diploma, GED Equivalent or proof of a 10th-grade education.
When you apply, you have to have at hand your proof of education and a valid Driver’s License.
For each program, you must successfully complete and pass the Pre-Apprentice evaluation.
Some courses are only available for Members of Laborers’ Local 368.
- Construction Apprenticeship
- Environmental Apprenticeship
- Landscaping Apprenticeship
- Hawaii Laborers’ Apprenticeship & Training
- Address: 96-138 Farrington Hwy, Pearl City, HI 96782
- Phone: +1 808-455-7979
- Web: hiltp.org
Hawaii Job Corps Center
Hawaii Job Corps Center provides academic training and courses in independent living, employability skills, and career success skills,
Their mission is to help students achieve their full potential.
Enrollment: The enrollment process is simple, as you will find the application on the school’s official website and all you need to do to enroll in Job Corps is to fill it out.
In case you are not able to get to the application online, you can enroll by calling Job Corps.
When you complete this form, it will be sent to a Job Corps Admissions Counselor.
You will be contacted within 3 business days and a Job Corps Admissions Counselor will help you complete your application.
He/she will walk you through the next steps to finish the application successfully.
Fees: Job Corps is fully funded by the federal government and is free.
- FINANCE AND BUSINESS
- AUTOMOTIVE AND MACHINE REPAIR
- HOMELAND SECURITY
- RENEWABLE RESOURCES AND ENERGY
- Hawaii Job Corps Center
- Address: 49 S Hotel St # 203, Honolulu, HI 96813
- Phone: +1 808-545-3528
- Web: hawaii.jobcorps.gov
HDAA Hawaii Dental Assisting Academy
HDAA Dental program is designed so as to prepare students for careers in dental assisting.
Once they graduate, students will be able to work in a variety of settings including general and specialty practices, dental clinics and hospitals.
Enrollment: If you are interested in applying for HDAA, you must meet one of the requirements:
You are supposed to provide proof of graduation from a high school that is recognized by the state/province, or a proof of successfully completing high school equivalency.
You will have to have an interview with the director before you are notified of your acceptance status.
The Evidence of High School graduation or equivalent must be submitted in one of the following forms:
- Certified copy of an original High School Diploma
- Copy of the High school transcript
- GED certificate
- College transcript indicating the date of High School graduation
Fees: Tuition for the complete training program is $4,500 and it covers the cost of the full training courses, workbook, handouts and material used for clinical and laboratory procedures, set of scrub and HDAA T-shirt.
Plus, there is a non-refundable registration fee of $80.
Dental Assisting Program which consists of:
- General Chairside & Dental Materials
- Infection Control, Pharmacology, and Oral Anatomy
- Dental Office Management
- HDAA Hawaii Dental Assisting Academy
- Address: 1425 Dillingham Boulevard Ste 301 Ste 301, Honolulu, HI 96817
- Phone: +1 808-841-4322
- Web: hdaacademy.com
Hawaii Medical Training
Hawaii Medical Training Center offers its students the ability to achieve unique academic and career goals through quality education.
Programs are about 6 weeks long and there are evening classes during weekdays, depending on the program.
Enrollment: The registration process is easy and everything is available online, on the official; website, or you can register via phone anytime between 8 am and 8 pm daily.
There are options for registering via email at any time of the day or you can come by 1425 Dillingham Blvd, Suite 205-B, Honolulu, HI 96817 Monday through Saturday from 4:00p to 8:30p.
Fees: The tuition, if paid in full, is $1,470.00.
If you are military you can receive a $200 off.
There is an opportunity of getting a payment plan and pay $500 to enroll the class and pay the remaining balance in as many payments before you complete the class.
You are also supposed to pay the non-refundable $500 registration fee.
- Certified Phlebotomy Technician Training
- Certified Clinical Medical Assistant
- Hawaii Medical Training
- Address: 1
- Phone: +1 808-223-6013
- Web: gohmtc.com
Mauna Loa Helicopters
Deciding to apply for flight school is one of the greatest decisions that you will make in your life and Mauna Loa Helicopters has to offer you the best education possible.
Mauna Loa Helicopters earned status as an accredited flight school by the Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges (ACCSC).
Enrollment: Mauna Loa Helicopters has an open enrollment policy.
Admissions Procedures Mauna Loa Helicopters require the following from each applicant prior to enrollment:
- Completed Enrollment Application
- Applicable Enrollment Fees depending on the course
- FAA Medical Certificate.
The minimum age requirement for admission to MLH is 17 years of age.
Commercial Pilot and Flight Instructor Certifications require the applicant to be at least 18 years of age.
When the weight restrictions are in question, for the Robinson R22 helicopter, the max weight per seat is 240 lbs.
A student’s flight weight must be less than 220 lbs.
Furthermore, applicants must submit two of the following identification materials.
- A copy of a valid passport
- A copy of an original U.S. birth certificate
- A copy of a valid U.S. government-issued picture identification
Fees: Tuition is either $150 or $250 depending on your state of residence.
- Professional Pilot Program
- Individual Ratings/Certifications
- Mauna Loa Helicopters
- Address: 73-310 Uu St, Kailua-Kona, HI 96740
- Phone: +1 808-334-0234
- Web: maunaloahelicopters.com
PCATT - Pacific Center for Advanced Technology Training
PCATT offers programs which are designed for people of all ages, backgrounds, and professions.
They focus is on advanced technology training so that their students acquire new technical skills.
If you consider yourself interested in PCATT course, you are encouraged to find your place at PCATT.
Enrollment: We invite you to register by contacting the member institution offering the course.
All registration and tuition fees are required at the time of registration.
There is an option of registering online with a credit card.
Other options are:
- you can mail your check with the registration form to the appropriate location
- you can register by visiting the location offering the course in-person.
The registration form can be downloaded from the PCATT’s website and should be filled out with honest answers.
Fees: Registration and tuition are paid prior to the start of the training.
- APPLE TECHNOLOGIES
- BUSINESS COMPUTING
- BUSINESS WRITING AND COMMUNICATION
- COMPUTER-AIDED DESIGN
- DATABASE TECHNOLOGIES
- GEOGRAPHIC INFORMATION SYSTEMS
- MANAGEMENT AND LEADERSHIP
- ONLINE COURSES
- OPERATING SYSTEMS
- TECHNICAL MANAGEMENT
- SOFTWARE DEVELOPMENT
- PCATT – Pacific Center for Advanced Technology Training
- Address: 874 Dillingham Blvd, Honolulu, HI 96817
- Phone: +1 808-845-9296
- Web: pcatt.org
Vitousek Real Estate Schools
Vitousek Real Estate School exists since 1970 and it is teaching students how to pass the real estate exam test in Hawaii.
They are dedicated to tutoring you until you pass the state’s exam without any additional costs or fees to pay.
Enrollment: There are some registration requirements that you must meet.
You have to be 18 years of age and have a basic understanding of the English language.
Each course has its enrollment requirements.
You can register by calling the office using a credit card (Master Card or Visa only), or you may print out a form found on the ‘CONTACT US‘ page and mail it to their address.
Fees: Each program has different tuition costs, so you can gather information related to that on the school’s website.
During the enrollment process, you can either put down a $140 deposit or pay the full tuition.
- CLASSROOM / HOME STUDY COMBINATION COURSE
- SALESPERSONS HARD COPY INDEPENDENT STUDY COURSE
- SALESPERSONS ONLINE INDEPENDENT STUDY COURSE
- BROKER CLASSES
- ONLINE CONTINUING EDUCATION COURSES
- BROKERS ONLINE INDEPENDENT STUDY COURSE
- HARD COPY BROKERS INDEPENDENT STUDY COURSE
- Vitousek Real Estate Schools
- Phone: +1 808-946-0505
- Web: vitousek.com
Aviation Academy Hawaii
Aviation Academy Hawaii, Inc. is a Flight Training School located at the Honolulu International Airport.
We offer flying opportunities for Student Pilots, Professional Pilots, and Visitors.
Student pilots get the most cost-effective Professional Flight Training programs along with a high-quality aviation education.
Aviation Academy Hawaii encourages people to experience flying and explore the many opportunities that the aviation industry has to offer
They have course studies which combine flight and ground time.
Students learn about FAA regulations, safety, basic aerodynamics and aircraft navigation, and weather.
They will be prepared for the FAA Written Test, Practical and Oral Examinations.
Enrollment: The enrollment requirements are the following:
- A student has to be 17 years old upon completion
- He/she has to be able to read, speak and understand English
- He/she has to be a student 3rd class Medical or higher.
- Professional Flight Training program
- Certified Flight Instructor course
- Aviation Academy Hawaii
- Address: 14 Lagoon Dr, Honolulu, HI 96819
- Phone: +1 808-833-5899
- Web: abovehawaii.com
Hawaiʻi Community College
Enrollment: The admission process consists of completing the Online Application.
A good thing to know is that if you are a Hawaiʻi Resident or an active duty Military or eligible Military Dependent Stationed in Hawaiʻi there is no application fee.
To apply for the Military Non-Resident Exemption submit the following:
- a completed Armed Forces Verification Form
- a copy of Military Orders
- a copy of their Military Dependent ID
The next step is to submit a copy of your TB Clearance and a copy of your two Measles, Mumps, Rubella (MMR) shots immunization record.
These documents should be mailed or delivered in-person to the Admissions and Records Office.
Fees: Tuition is charged according to the number of semester hours, so residents will pay $131 while non-residents pay $345 per credit.
There is a non-refundable $25 application fee for non-residents.
- ACCOUNTING (ACCT)
- ADMINISTRATION OF JUSTICE (AJ)
- AGRICULTURE (AG)
- ARCHITECTURE, ENGINEERING & CONSTRUCTION TECHNOLOGIES (AEC))
- AUTO BODY REPAIR & PAINTING (ABRP)
- AUTOMOTIVE MECHANICS TECHNOLOGY (AMT)
- BUSINESS TECHNOLOGY (BTEC)
- CARPENTRY (CARP)
- CREATIVE MEDIA (CM)
- CULINARY ARTS (CULN)
- DIESEL MECHANICS (DISL)
- DIGITAL MEDIA ARTS (DMA)
- EARLY CHILDHOOD EDUCATION (ECED)
- ELECTRICAL INSTALLATION AND MAINTENANCE TECHNOLOGY (EIMT)
- ELECTRONICS TECHNOLOGY (ET)
- FIRE SCIENCE (FS)
- HAWAIIAN STUDIES (HWST)
- HOSPITALITY AND TOURISM (HOST)
- HUMAN SERVICES (HSER)
- INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY (IT)
- INTENSIVE ENGLISH PROGRAM (IEP)
- LIBERAL ARTS (LBRT)
- MACHINE, WELDING, AND INDUSTRIAL MECHANICS TECHNOLOGIES
- MARKETING (MKT)
- NATURAL SCIENCE (NSCI)
- NURSING & ALLIED HEALTH
- SUBSTANCE ABUSE COUNSELING (SUBS)
- TROPICAL FOREST ECOSYSTEM AND AGROFORESTRY MANAGEMENT (TEAM)
- Hawaiʻi Community College
- Address: 1175 Manono St, Hilo, HI 96720
- Phone: +1 808-934-2500
- Web: hawaii.hawaii.edu
The list of 10 schools we have spoken about is a compilation of some of the best schools in Hawaii.
They are famous for their educational achievements and if you are seeking an excellent education, just pick one school and go for it.