Finding the right school for ourselves or our children is something we should take very seriously.
My goal with this article was to provide useful information related to the best schools in Georgia.
I chose schools based on the quality of students who finish them and teachers who provide knowledge.
Let’s see what Georgia has to offer:
Georgia Trade School
Georgia Trade School offers classes related to the latest cutting edge welding technology.
Georgia Trade School is so attractive because you can take classes in a modern facility, work with the latest equipment and have full-time and part-time schedule options to meet your needs.
Enrollment: If you are interested in applying for this school, what you will need to do is the following:
Firstly, you will need to fill out a Student Application, that is, Online Inquiry Form, which is available on the school’s official website.
Then, you are supposed to choose your preferred schedule and email or call to make deposit and lock in start date.
Once this is done, you should review Enrollment Agreement and you are ready to start the classes.
In the application form, besides answering the questions related to the applicant’s information, you are supposed to provide some specific information about yourself.
That information has to be of interest to the school, such as prior welding experience, learning disabilities or academic challenges.
You should also provide some family information and additional information related to your education and employment history.
Fees: Tuition is $ 9500 for 500 hours of education and a student tool bag included.
- Structural plate and pipe welding
- Georgia Trade School
- Address: 4231 Southside Dr, Acworth, GA 30101
- Phone: +1 770-590-9353
- Web: http://www.georgiatradeschool.com
Columbus Technical College
Columbus Technical College is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges to award the Associate Degree, Diploma, and Technical Certificates of Credit.
Enrollment: So as to enroll, you are supposed to fill out an Online Admission Application for new applicants or print Admissions Application, complete it and mail, fax or deliver it to the college using the contact information provided on the application.
You may use our Request for Official School Transcript form to request transcripts be sent to Columbus Technical College from another institution.
Fees: There are course-related fees for each of the programs offered at Columbus Technical College.
Additional fees are the following:
- Application Fee – $25.00
- Diploma Replacement – $25.00
- Exemption Test – 25% of tuition for the course
- Graduation Fee – $40.00
- Late Registration Fee – $45.00
- Program Change Fee – $10.00
- Replacement Parking Decal – $20.00
- Retest Fee – $15.00 per section
- Student I.D. Badge – $5.00 replacement fee
- Transcript Fee – $7.50 per transcript standard mail.
Among the 100 programs of studying at Columbus College, we will mention the most popular ones:
- Business & General Studies
- Health Sciences & Nursing
- Professional & Technical Services
- Criminal Justice
- Air Conditioning Technology
- Automotive Collision & Repair
- Automotive Technology
- Carpentry & Cabinetmaking
- Dental Hygiene
- Drafting Technology
- Machine Tool Technology
- Columbus Technical College
- Address: 928 Manchester Expy, Columbus, GA 31904
- Phone: +1 706-649-1800
- Web: https://www.columbustech.edu/index.cms
Atlanta Technical College
The mission of the college is to assist students in achieving their personal and professional goals.
Enrollment: If you are interested in applying to Atlanta Technical College, you can do it in Six Easy Steps!
Make sure that you submit the documentation prior to the Application Deadlines.
The documentation, such as transcripts and test scores, has to be submitted to the Admissions Office.
Applicants for admission must be at least sixteen years of age, while applicants for Cosmetology and Allied Health programs must be seventeen.
Educational requirements are determined by the Technical College System of Georgia and they might vary according to the program of study. A high school diploma or the equivalent (GED) is required for the majority of programs but not for all of them.
Applicants must take the ACCUPLACER placement test or submit satisfactory SAT I or ACT test scores.
Applicants also have to provide two forms of proof to support a claim for in-state residency, permanent resident citizenship status, and refugee status.
Fees: the application fee is $25.
Atlanta Technical College offers tuition-free programs.
Atlanta Technical College offers more than 150 programs through which students can obtain a degree, diploma or certificate in 1-2 years and even a few some programs can be are completed in eight weeks.
- Atlanta Technical College
- Address: 1560 Metropolitan Pkwy SW, Atlanta, GA 30310
- Phone: +1 404-225-4400
- Web: https://atlantatech.edu
Georgia Piedmont Technical College
Georgia Piedmont Tech is a place where you can learn and work and what is even more important, achieve skills and education for a successful future career.
Enrollment: There are a few steps to apply to Georgia Piedmont Tech and if you are interested in applying for admission to Georgia Piedmont Tech you should apply online.
To start the application process, you need to select the type of student you are, review application deadlines and make sure you submit your application on time.
Besides completing Application Form and submit application In-Person, you are supposed to provide additional documentation.
The files required are official high school transcript or GED scores or Foreign educational credentials evaluation, a proof of College Assessments, meaning satisfactory scores on the Accuplacer, SAT, ACT, or the ASSET Test and verification of lawful presence in the United States, such as a current Driver’s License, a certified U.S. Birth Certificate or a current U.S. Passport.
Fees: You are supposed to pay a $25.00 non-refundable application fee.
- Early Childhood Care & Education
- Electronics & Engineering
- Interdisciplinary Studies
- Professional Services
- Public Safety & Legal Studies
- Georgia Piedmont Technical College
- Address: 495 N Indian Creek Dr, Clarkston, GA 30021
- Phone: +1 404-297-9522
- Web: https://www.gptc.edu
Lincoln College of Technology
Lincoln College of Technology is accredited by the Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges (ACCSC).
Its main mission is to contribute to the development of a trained and competitive workforce through quality career-oriented education available there.
The career training programs offered there will allow you to earn a Diploma, Degree or Certificate faster, so you can enter the workforce sooner.
Enrollment: The enrollment process at Lincoln College of Technology is easy, being that it is assisted by the knowledgeable Admissions department, who will guide the applicants throughout the application process.
Their job is to tell you everything you want to know and help you determine what career might be right for you.
You will also get in contact with the Financial Aid representatives who can help you decide how to finance your future at this college.
- Skilled Trades
- Health Sciences
- Spa & Cosmetology
- Information Technology
- Medical Assistant Technology
- Medical Assistant
- Electrical / Electronics
- Lincoln College of Technology
- Address: 2359 Windy Hill Rd, Marietta, GA 30067
- Phone: +1 770-226-0056
- Web: lincolntech.edu
Fortis colleges and institutes are institutionally accredited by one of the following accrediting bodies:
- Accrediting Bureau of Health Education Schools (ABHES)
- Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges (ACCSC)
- Accrediting Council for Independent Colleges and Schools (ACICS)
- Accrediting Commission of the Accrediting Council for Continuing Education and Training (ACCET)
- Accrediting Commission of the Council on Occupational Education (COE)
Enrollment: The enrollment process is easy, and it is made even quicker and less troublesome with the opportunity to meet with an admissions representative who will lead you through the steps of the admissions process.
There you will get information on curriculum, procedures, and services.
You will be assisted in setting necessary appointments and interviews.
All applicants are required to complete a personal information sheet.
Fees: Tuition financing plans are created according to the needs of each individual student.
Financial aid is available to those students who qualify.
- Medical Technologists
- Healthcare / Medical
- Business / Professional
- Information Technology
- Skilled Trades
- Commercial Driving
- Beauty & Wellness
- Fortis College
- Address: 2140 S Cobb Dr, Smyrna, GA 30080
- Phone: +1 770-980-0002
- Web: https://www.fortis.edu
South Georgia Technical College
Enrollment: The enrollment process is the following:
- Complete an application available online or which can be obtained by contacting the Admissions Office.
- Pay a one-time non-refundable application fee of $25.
- Provide an official high school transcript/GED/college transcript.
- Provide proof of residency and picture ID.
- Schedule an appointment to take the placement test
- Receive acceptance letter and final instructions from SGTC Admissions Office.
- Diploma & Degree Program Tuition: $100 per credit hour
- Law Enforcement Academy Tuition: $105 per credit hour plus fees
- Commercial Truck Driving Certificate Program Tuition: $132 per credit hour plus fees
- Fuel Surcharge Fee: $185 per student per term
- Drug Test Fee: $70 per student per term
- Instructional Fee: $55 per student per term
- Activity Fee: $50 per student per term
- Accident Insurance Fee: $6 per student per term
- Registration Fee: $55 per student per term
- Technology Fee: $105 per student per term
- Athletic Fee: $35 per student per term
- Campus Safety Fee: $25 per student per term
- Agricultural Technology- John Deere
- Air Conditioning Technology
- Aircraft Structural Technology
- Auto Collision Repair
- Aviation Maintenance Technology
- Avionics Maintenance Technology
- Business Administrative Technology
- Commercial Truck Driving
- Computer Information Systems
- Criminal Justice
- Culinary Arts
- Diesel Equipment Technology
- Drafting Technology
- Early Childhood Care/Education
- Economic Development
- Electrical Lineworker
- Electrical Systems Technology
- Electronics Technology
- Emergency Medical Technology
- Environmental Horticulture
- Fire Science Technology
- Heavy Equipment – Caterpillar
- Industrial Maintenance Technology
- Industrial Mechanical Systems
- Marketing Management
- South Georgia Technical College
- Address: 900 South GA Tech Parkway, Americus, GA 31709
- Phone: +1 229-931-2394
- Web: https://www.southgatech.edu
Augusta Technical College
Augusta Technical College is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges to award Associate of Science Degrees, Associate of Applied Science Degrees, Diplomas, and Technical Certificates of Credit.
Enrollment: The first time enrollment starts with the submission of the “Beginning Student” Application for Admissions.
Then, you are supposed to take the ACCUPLACER placement test and/or turn in SAT, ACT, COMPASS, ASSET, or ACCUPLACER scores.
The additional documentation requires is the official, sealed High School, Homeschool, or GED Transcript with graduation date, as well as the proof of Georgia Residency / Verification of Lawful Presence in the United States.
Fees: You are supposed to pay a non-refundable application fee of $25.00 for the first admission.
Tuition and fees are payable prior to the beginning of each term and are determined according to the number of credit hours per program.
- Allied Health Sciences and Nursing
- Arts and Sciences
- Learning Support
- Professional Services
- Public Services
- Early Childhood Care and Education
- Cyber and Digital Education
- Industrial and Engineering
- Augusta Technical College
- Address: 3200 Augusta Tech Dr, Augusta, GA 30906
- Phone: +1 706-771-4000
- Web: https://www.augustatech.edu/index.cms
North Georgia Technical College
Enrollment: The enrollment process includes the following:
Firstly, you need to complete the application through the NGTC BannerWeb Account.
You are supposed to follow the instructions and the completion would not be troublesome.
Then, you should pay the Application Fee as you will be asked to submit payment information online.
You need to provide Residency Documentation as well as Secondary School Transcripts.
Those should be sealed high school transcripts or official GED scores from all high schools you have attended.
Home School Graduates must submit a Certificate of Attendance form from the local superintendent’s office or Georgia Department of Education and an annual progress reports or a final transcript for the equivalent of the homeschooled student’s junior and senior years.
Those who have a bachelor’s degree or higher do not have to submit high school transcripts, but official sealed transcripts from all colleges attended.
Last, but not the least, is the ACCUPLACER Placement Test Scores which should be sent to the Admissions Office.
Fees: Georgia residents pay $100 per credit hour while out-of-state students’ tuition rates are calculated at twice the resident tuition fees rate.
- AIR CONDITIONING
- AUTOMOTIVE / TRANSPORTATION
- ELECTRICAL & INDUSTRIAL
- CRIMINAL JUSTICE
- EARLY CHILDHOOD
- GENERAL EDUCATION/ CORE
- ENGINEERING TECHNOLOGY
- ENVIRONMENTAL SCIENCE
- North Georgia Technical College
- Address: 1500 GA-197, Clarkesville, GA 30523
- Phone: +1 706-754-7700
- Web: https://northgatech.edu
Heavy Equipment Colleges of America
The Heavy Equipment Colleges of America has six other locations, while their Georgia location was founded to help provide students with the education necessary to achieve success in certain skilled trades.
They are committed to being a leading educational institution offering effective training to its students.
Enrollment: In order to be eligible for this school, you have to keep in mind the following requirements:
- Applicants must be at least 18 years of age.
- Applicants must provide proof of identity.
- Applicants must have completed either their high school degree or an equivalent like the GED.
- Applicants must be physically/mentally capable of safely operating all equipment
The application process is a straightforward one.
You should submit the enrollment Application to enroll for classes and provide proof of your identity.
The proof can be a valid driver’s license, social security card, military identification or a birth certificate.
The next step is to provide proof of Your Education.
You need to meet Basic Physical Criteria so that the college is sure that you are physically and mentally capable of safely operating all equipment on a daily basis.
- Heavy Equipment Colleges of America
- Address: 581 Sigman Rd NE #300, Conyers, GA 30013
- Phone: +1 888-918-8819
- Web: http://heavyequipmentcollege.com
Our article provides parents and prospective students essential information to help improve educational opportunities for them.
We hope that now you are able to understand school quality and determine which school is the ideal one.